Start by marking “The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)

The Faithless Hawk

(The Merciful Crow #2)

Dangerous magic, a tormented romance, and lethal betrayals come to a head in the thrilling sequel to Margaret Owen's The Merciful Crow.

As the new chieftain of the Crows, Fie knows better than to expect a royal to keep his word. Still she?s hopeful that Prince Jasimir will fulfill his oath to protect her fellow Crows. But then black smoke fills the sky, signaling the death
Expected publication: July 28th 2020 by Henry Holt & Company

Start your review of The Faithless Hawk (The Merciful Crow, #2)
Tucker
Jul 06, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
THIS HAWK NEEDS JESUS

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Alyson Kent
I do not like the looks of that title..... <.<
Rachel (Sunflowerreads)
6/28/19: That title makes me NERVOUS i'll tell you what
Beth
Feb 18, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just saw an Arc if this on twitter (I think) and I need it... if only aha!
Shreya
Aug 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This book and its title and its author are making me super worried about Tav. In 'The Merciful Crows' acknowledgement, the author said,"Megan, can you believe I actually didnt kill off the love interest in this one? (Its fine, theres a sequel.)" and Margaret, I hope you read this review and ditch those plans altogether. Let's all live in peace, Kay ? ...more
Meredith Sims
Please dont kill Tavin please dont kill Tavin please dont kill TavinpleasedontkillTavinPLEASEDONTKILLTAVIN ...more
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
This title makes me hella nervous.

12/3/19: Ahhh look at the cover reveal and excerpt! I need this book in my hands now!
Blog | Twitter | Pinterest
♠ TABI ♠
Oct 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
old flame??? the original one is dead and what about my fav pan boy Tavin??

either way, I want this now please
Last Book Marauder
AHHHHH! It has cover. And it is glorious!!!!!

This title makes me very nervous... Pllleeeaassseeee don't kill off Tavin!
Tori Kiersten Frost
THE FAITHLESS HAWK is the rare sequel that surpasses its predecessor in excellence. Like her heroine balancing opposing magics, Margaret Owen flawlessly balances a raw, tender emotional journey with the relentless pace and twists of a thriller. This book refuses to be put down. No fantasy library should be without this peerless duology.

(This review originally posted on Edelweiss. I am an independent bookseller and I received an ARC through my workplace.)
Lisa Huang
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book so much! The pacing and information was perfect. All the characters were intriguing and built upon each other. It has openly gay characters, non-gender defined characters, and CATS! It made for such a thrilling read and is undoubtedly one of my favorite reads this year!
Felicia Mathews (Bookishly Slytherclaw)
Advanced copy provided by the publisher through Edelweiss.

What an absolutely amazing sequel! This story took me through a rollercoaster of emotions and I never knew what was going to happen next. I adore these characters so much. I definitely can't wait to see what Margaret Owen writes next!
BLGB
Jun 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I havent even read the first book but Im already in love with the title ...more
Chloe
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler free, but spoilers for The Merciful Crow*

Is it acceptable to start this off with just me screeching? Because I feel like that truly encapsulates my feelings about this book. I had complicated feelings about The Merciful Crow, but I ended up loving it deeply. I was very much looking forward to the sequel for more teeth, more anger, and more cats!

My love for this book burns so fiercely. It's another one where I want to talk about so much, I want my words to describe how this book made me
Morrighan Rose
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe this duology isnt getting more hype I absolutely LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS STORY!! The characters are beautifully flawed, complex, and easy to fall in love with. The world is so ambitious, the magic system unique and macabre. The Faithless Hawk will shatter your heart and soul, and I was here for it. I became irrationally attached to the words on these pages, and incessantly harassed the author on Instagram. (Sorry not sorry Margaret 😂🙈) Thank you so much for this beautifully ...more
Kelly Erickson
I read this in one sitting, giving me a 5 hour anxiety attack and I loved it. Okay, not the anxiety but the book was great. I had a bit of trouble keeping up at the beginning because it's been a while since I read Merciful Crow, but otherwise it was very cleverly written with the gods and witches and the world building.
Rachael Mills
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Faithless Hawk tied up this duology perfectly and cemented it as a favourite. The characters are incredible and I especially loved the friendship between Fie and Jasmir. Tavin broke my heart at times though. The action was fast-paced and the plot engaging. I'd definitely recommend preordering this one!
Pie
Feb 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have not known peace since I finished The Merciful Crow and got to the bit in the acknowledgements where Margaret Owen implied Tavin was going to die in the sequel. This title has me even more worried.
hayaat ♥
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
why do i have this creeping feeling that this book will break my heart :)))
Hannah
Jan 07, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I NEED THIS BOOK NOWWWW

Please tell me Tavin and Fie arent gonna fight... //crossing fingers
h i n d
Jan 11, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Is it just me or is the cover of the first book prettier ?
Gretchen
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YES YES YES. Absolutely amazing. Full review coming to MuggleNet on its birthday.
Becky
Nov 26, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So excited for this sequel!!!!
Jime120
Mar 25, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Just wanted to say one thing:
PLEASE DONT BREAK MY HEART,bc i just couldnt stand it

• The Hating Game
  • Never Let Me Go
  • My Sister, the Serial Killer
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
  • The Lost World (Jurassic Park #2)
  • Burn Our Bodies Down
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Half a King (Shattered Sea, #1)
  • Skyward (Skyward, #1)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Winterwood
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • The Girl and the Stars (Book of the Ice, #1)
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2)
  • The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2)
  • A Golden Fury
Born and raised at the end of the Oregon Trail, Margaret Owen spent her childhood haunting the halls of Powells Books. After earning her degree in Japanese, her love of espresso called her north to Seattle, where she worked in everything from thrift stores to presidential campaigns. The common thread between every job can be summed up as: lessons were learned.

She now spends her days wrestling

The Merciful Crow (2 books)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)