Start by marking “Now That I've Found You” as Want to Read:
Now That I've Found You

Now That I've Found You

Now That I've Found You is a YA novel about searching for answers, love, and your eccentric grandma in all the wrong places.

Following in the footsteps of her überfamous grandma, eighteen-year-old Evie Jones is poised to be Hollywood’s next big star. That is until a close friend’s betrayal leads to her being blacklisted . . .

Fortunately, Evie knows just the thing to save he
Published August 25th 2020 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Now That I've Found You, please sign up.
⭐️Cordelia⭐️ Not very, there’s only a bit of kissing. And it’s not actually romance centered either.

Start your review of Now That I've Found You
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
This was so sweet! I really loved it. It had interesting characters, a mysterious Hollywood plot line, and such a cute romance! Milo was such a sweet character I just wanted to squeeze him, and I felt like he made the perfect match for Evie. Evie is a harder character to like and could be frustrating at times because of how self centred she is, but honestly this is kind of a case where I didn't mind that so much. I think because of her upbringing and who her family is, and the fact that she want ...more
Bookishrealm
One day I will write my reviews as soon as I finish the book...today is not that day. LMAO.

This was really cute! And it was definitely the romance/contemporary book that I needed in my life!

Now That I've Found You by Kristina Forest is such a well-written, fast-paced, and cute YA contemporary. I don't know if I knew exactly what to expect before reading this book, but I do know that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It focuses on a young girl by the name of Evie as she attempts to salvage her Hollywood
Jessica
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hate-to-love
This was so fun and I absolutely loved Milo! I will say, Evie was pretty unlikable and very self-centered, so she did get frustrating. Her reputation was ruined and her one chance at getting a good acting job involves her talking to her grandma and convincing her to do something she definitely doesn't want to do. Evie's grandmother disappears before Evie can talk to her, so Evie spends a few days running around New York with Milo trying to find her. You definitely have to enjoy famous people rom ...more
Anna
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

This was soooo cute!!

I think I've found a new auto-buy author because I am just in love with the way Kristina Forest writes! Her books are such cute, fun, easy reads and exactly what I need for a mood lift. Also, I love this cover!

Honestly I just love everything about this book, I can't think of a single thing I didn't like about this book. Maybe that I finished it and can't be with these characters any longer but that's my fault for reading through this so fast haha. But seriously,
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Thank you to Goodreads and Macmillan for this beautiful giveaway prize! 🥰 This cover is making me so soft!
aarya

Kristina Forest writes the swooniest YA rom-coms. RTC.

Disclaimer: I received a free e-ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
Sian
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Did this blow my mind? No, and contemporary usually doesn’t. But it was super cute and I finally read a famous people/rockstar book that I like and for that it gets 4 stars.
Latanya (Crafty Scribbles)
Nothing's neat in life, but, if we take appropriate steps to find our own path, we actually live. This story's sweet, cute, and realistic, which does not happen often in YA, let alone YA where characters of color center themselves.

The story begins and ends strong, albeit with a meddling middle. But, as I mentioned before, nothing's neat.

3.75/5
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
AHHH STAY TUNED FOR MY REVIEW ON THE HEAR OUR VOICES BOOK TOUR!!

EDIT 8/17/2020: See my full post on my blog Sometimes Leelynn Reads

Disclaimer: I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to Hear Our Voices Book Tours and Roaring Brook Press for this free copy. All quotes in this review are taken from the Advanced Reader Copy and may change in final publication.

Okay first of all. This book was one of the best contemporary novels t
katie
Thanks to BookishFirst for providing a First Look of Now That I've Found You.

Now That I've Found You is a modern-day contemporary that exposes the competition of the movie industry. Evie's the granddaughter of a famous movie star, and it's likely that she'll become one too. Evie made me like her immediately. She's rebellious, caring, and handles chaotic situations calmly. I loved the family and friend relationships that connect Evie with everyone else.

The writing style was detailed, and there wa
Ms. Woc Reader
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It's a heart-felt romance which light and easy chemistry and just enough adventure to keep you intrigued without the drama being too forced. Plus both teens are Black and it's a plus because we so rarely see Black kids in YA who aren't dealing with trauma of some sort. I was lucky enough to receive an arc from the author herself.

After an incident leaves budding star Evie blacklisted and broken she decides the 50th anniversary of her famed grandmother's most popular f
Kate (GirlReading)
4.5* My heart loved this book so much.

From the wonderful, messy characters to their equally wonderful and messy relationships to the NYC setting to the discussions surrounding fame, race, family, passion, friendships and the pressure to know who you are and what you want from life, there wasn't a thing I'd change.

The countless swoon worthy movie moments (this would make the BEST movie) made my heart very happy and I adored the easy flow Kristina Forest has to her writing. I instantly fell for
Rameela (Star)
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Initial Thoughts: this is definitely one of my favorite books of the month and probably the year! So fun and amazing with all the perfect elements of a rom-com and perfect swoonyness that I needed! I cried, laughed, screamed... everyone needs to add this to their TBRs IMMEDIATELY.
Lindsay (pawsomereads)
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Now That I’ve Found You is an adorable and heartfelt story about trust, friendship, family and fame.
It immediately felt like a mix of The Sun is Also a Star and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, both of which I absolutely loved!
This book takes place mainly in New York City and follows two teens, Evie and Milo. They travel all over the city trying to find Evie’s mega-famous superstar actress grandmother, Gigi, whose life and romances have been the topics of many tabloids before she escaped the
WhittyReads
I’ve been wanting to read Now That I’ve Found You every since I saw this gorgeous cover when it first came out. So happy I finally read it because this is such a cute book.

I enjoyed Evie’s character development and the love interest Milo was the sweetest. This story takes place in New York, Evie and Milo are trying to find Evie’s Grandma after she has disappears.

I wasn’t a fan of Evie at the beginning but I understood what she was going through and so happy that we got to see her journey. She
Marie
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases, arcs
Diversity: Full cast of POC characters.

Kristina Forest is going on my to-buy-authors list. I loved her debut so, very much and Now That I've Found You was such an entertaining follow-up. I loved the characters, endearing and adorable, really enjoyed the romantic tension, the chase around New York, the Hollywood scandal and everything.
A book you want to devour and that will leave you smiling. I loved this.

A million thanks to MacMillan INTL for sending me an e-ARC of this book. This did not, in
Sanjana
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
While this is not exactly a binge-reading kind of book, it's definitely a cute breather.
The story is very interesting - the protagonists Evie and Milo are on an unlikely mission, to find Evie's grandmother in New York. I've never been to NYC, but Kritina Forest describes everything so vividly that it makes you want to book the next flight and experience the city for yourself.

Evie's character has a very good arc and development, while Milo is a charming lead. I thought it's a sweet, refreshing
Samantha (WLABB)
Jul 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything was going Evie's way until she was betrayed. Then her life sort of imploded. In an effort to repair her image, she fled to her grandmother, a famous and well loved actress, to seek help fixing the damage done.

• Pro: Kristina Forest writes these heartfelt stories that fill me with joy. I took a peek back at my review for I Wanna Be Where You Are, and found a quote which describes me reading this book as well.
If you think the person on the cover of this book looks happy and full of joy
Lindsay
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
i've,,, worn her outfit?? I have those boots??? ...more
Smileitsjoy (JoyMelody)
This was a fun book
At first, Evie got on my nerves lol
But she grew on me
Jessy♡
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
This was such a cute book! Milo was soooo precious. He became a favorite. I felt so horrible for Evie 🥺 she was totally relatable. Simone is an asshole that’s all I’m gonna sayyyy about her.
I loved all the the 1970s flashbacks of Evelyn’s life with James. Wish there was more of it.
Sylvs (NOVELty Reads)
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary fans, celebrity romance fans
I knew that I'd like this book the second I picked this up!

And of course my instincts were right.

Now That I've Found You is a romance-y, contemporary, mystery book that follows shame-faced actress Evie Jones as she tries finding her famous grandmother, Gigi, to help start up her career again. The only problem is that Gigi has disappeared and time is quickly running out to get her back in time.

I really liked the pacing of the book. It felt slow but really, it went quickly since the book panned
Kelly
The feel-good YA romance I didn't know how badly I needed to read. Fun, light, and packed with heart. Evie and her grandmother have an amazing relationship, and I love how Forest changes the idea of what a famous older actress and film are -- centering Black stories, Black love, and Black creative talent. ...more
mindful.librarian ☀️
Awwww ❤️ What an adorable story. There were definitely times in this book that I wanted to throw it at a wall because I was so annoyed at Evie, but the very last scene makes up for it. Best ending scene/line ever and MILO - swoon. When a book’s storyline is so strongly tied to a fictional story (movie in this case) within the story, the author essentially has to write two worlds that converge and Forest did this impeccably. Loved it so much.

Oh, and yay for a cover that actually portrays the char
Lily
Feb 23, 2021 rated it liked it
[3.5 stars] this was a really sweet, cute, quick, lighthearted read. it was hard not to love evie and milo’s love story, as well as evelyn and james’s. there were times when i definitely wanted to squeal with how cute it was. i’ll admit that i thought evie being canceled over an impression was a little dramatic (the internet has /some/ sense...i think). but !! that last scene !! i was waiting for him to say that line 🥺 heart = melted
Katie
3.5

Hmm. This is one of those YA’s that I found a little hard to read as an adult. Evie made a ton of bad decisions. Realistic ones! But though to read!

I also think it’s one of those books that starts too soon. I didn’t re-read the description, so I was into the rising star story in the first chapter and then oops, it’s about something else entirely!

Still, I’m liking Kristina Forest a lot!
Toya (the reading chemist)
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Evie first enters the scene, I had definitely had mixed feelings toward her. I understood her hurt from the betrayal that she suffered, but her presumptive attitude towards Milo, the teenage guy who actually makes time for Evie’s lonely grandmother, Gigi, was frustrating to say the least.

However, following Gigi’s mysterious disappearance, I really enjoyed the growth of Evie’s character, which Milo was largely responsible for since he just wanted to be an unassuming friend.

I loved the stor
Readingwithnori
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you want to read a complete review click on the link to my blog post!

Overall, I really enjoyed the story enough to give it four stars. To all my contemporary lovers out there. I can recommend this book. This is perfect for a quick summer read. Plus, that ending?!? I was swooning so hard! Milo shall be added to my fictional bookish crushes.
Rachel
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a spectacular YA romance. I usually find text messages and other add ins incredibly clunky but this book was smooth as butter and integrated texting and social media seamlessly. It brings up compelling themes of hyper self awareness, living up to familial legacies, and forging your own path. I read it over two days, completely immersed into the world.

*I received an eARC copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. My thanks to Roaring Brook Press for the opportunity to
Kat // Novels & Waffles
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: me-likey
Do you know those marvelously sunny days where the weather is bright and you feel even brighter? Like you should spontaneously break into an elaborately-choreographed song-and-dance number or something? Well, that’s how I felt while reading this book. It was so sweet, so wholesome, so cute, that I couldn’t keep a gigantic, goofy grin from swallowing up my face.

Bookish First Rea...: Now That I've Found You by Kristina Forest 4 17 Aug 31, 2020 06:37PM

• Pumpkinheads
  • Charming as a Verb
  • Ayesha at Last
  • A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1)
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Tell Me Everything
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Voting Booth
  • Playing House (Uptown, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes, #3)
  • More Than Words
  • Happily Ever Afters
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
Kristina Forest is the author of I Wanna Be Where You Are and Now That I've Found You. She earned her MFA in Creative Writing with a concentration in Writing for Children at The New School. She lives in Brooklyn, New York with two huge bookshelves. ...more

Articles featuring this book

“But in this world, I’m unwilling to give my heart to someone just so they can inevitably break it.” 0 likes