Start by marking “Con Quest!” as Want to Read:
Con Quest!

Con Quest!

Cat and Alex are excited to be at the world's most popular comics convention--and they're even more excited to compete in the Quest, a huge scavenger hunt run by an anonymous organizer. The big prize: a chance to meet their favorite nerdy celebrity!

The twins ditch their older sister Fiona and set off to find geeky clues, tackle nerdy challenges, and cross as many items as
Expected publication: June 23rd 2020 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Con Quest!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Con Quest!

Start your review of Con Quest!
Casey
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got an early ARC of this and it was WONDERFUL. Clever, cute, well-written, incredibly nerdy - everything I wish had been written for tinier me!
Ms. Yingling
E ARC provided by Netgalley

Cat and Alex Gallo are at GeekiCon because their parents are the authors of the cult favorite Ducky McFowl and are participating in a panel discussion. Cat loves comics and is determined to win Con Quest, a slightly illegal contest that awards the winners time with a famous celebrity but is not sanctioned by the con. Alex, who may be somewhat neurodiverse, does not like crowds or being touched, and would just rather play video games of construct with Legos. Their older
Beka Griffin
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book, not only for kids, but anyone who is a fan of Star Wars, Supernatural, Cons and comic books in general!

The main characters are a set of twins competing in the QUEST, an unsanctioned scavenger hunt put together by an actor of "Paranormal" who is described suspiciously like a character from Supernatural who ALSO runs a scavenger hunt at San Diego's ComiCon. ;)

I enjoyed the story of what defines a "real nerd" and the joy of being yourself. There are also TONS of mentions of
Beka Griffin
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Colleen
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
*Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for the review copy.*

This is such a cute and awesome middle grade book. I loved the writing and the characters. As a geek myself I loved all the names of the TV shows, movies, comic and manga/anime that were so close to the real thing(Star Worlds, for example.)

I could picture this as a movie, the descriptions were so vivid. And man, so I ever want to go to a Con!

Highly recommended.
Keshia
Dec 14, 2019

• Make Mine Magic
  • Jennifer Blood #1
  • I'll Be the One (I'll Be the One, #1)
  • One to Watch
  • A Danger to Herself and Others
  • Faith: Taking Flight (Faith Herbert Origin Story, #1)
  • The Wolf in Underpants Freezes His Buns Off
  • Six Angry Girls
  • You Say It First
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Conventionally Yours (True Colors, #1)
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Girl, Interrupted
  • The Angry Little Puffin
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • What I Carry
  • Camping with Unicorns (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #11)
  • Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor
Hello GoodReads, I'm Sam Maggs! I'm a bestselling author of books, comics, and video games. I'm a senior games writer, including work on Marvel's Spider-Man; the author of The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy, Wonder Women, and Girl Squads; and I've written comics for beloved IPs like Captain Marvel, Transformers, My Little Pony, and Star Trek. Look out for my 2020 titles, The Unstoppable Wasp ...more