Start by marking “Night Zero” as Want to Read:

Night Zero

Scientists have developed a way to vaccinate entire cities without consent or the possibility of refusal. The theory is sound, but something goes wrong, and a highly contagious combination of virus and prion is unleashed, a middle-stage organism too dangerous to test.

With emergency services overwhelmed, a small community hospital tries to combat the unthinkable--an illnes
Published June 9th 2019 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Night Zero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Zero

Start your review of Night Zero
Teresa
May 25, 2020 rated it did not like it
This was going to be a 4-5 Star book until 50% read, then the dead things started planning and strategizing.

Dumber and dumber until...

1 star.
Sandra Cox
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Science goes awry in this zombie thriller.
A virus is accidentally released that makes people violent and once they die turns them into the undead. While this isn’t my normal genre, I have found that the category isn’t that important as long as the story is well-written and this one definitely is. It’s obvious the author has a medical background and this knowledge adds layers to the story. NIGHT ZERO is definitely a well-crafted tale. If you like horror or zombies, get ready to keep turning page
Angel Medina
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is easily my favorite book from Rob Horner! It's easily fits what I like to read and his style is rather unique. I hope he continues to write these medical thrillers. Nothing more interesting to see people turn crazy on something that is supposed to help us. I look forward to his next book! ...more
Ashley Nicole
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read!
When I read the summery on Twitter I was instantly drawn to the idea of rabid zombies terrorizing a hospital. Admittedly I had high expectations but this book did not fail to deliver!
I loved the unique third person spotlight looks at all the characters. It let you become familiar with such a large cast and feel for them when the unthinkable happened. This also let you inside the minds of those who had “become” and that was such a unique look compared to other zombie books.
This boo
Stefan McElvain
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Story starts with paramedics responding to an emergency call in Gaffnee. It soon becomes apparent multiple emergencies are happening. Are they related to an explosion in Atlanta? The story follows multiple independent threads. The major one's in a local hospital where the paramedics take the victim. The medical descriptions are detailed and scary. As the story progresses, it gets scarier. The victims attack the people around them...biting, scratching and spread the infection.
The story evolves in
Hailey Diaz
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He did it again!

This author never fails me! He always delivers a compelling story that keeps me on the edge of my seat!!
Michele Ceron
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! There is so much great about this book...I dont even know where to begin!

This is the best zombie genre horror book I have read so far. A great intricate plot filled with so many twits, turns and nuances. Great vibrant characters. In other similar zombie doomsday type books, often the people who turn into zombies, you really dont know who they were before they turned. Rob lets you get to know all of the characters intimately before they turn. A lot of very vivid very grotesque and cringe wor
K. L. Laettner
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thriller of a read

I’ve never read a book like this in my life. I love horror and being October, figured a great month to explore other horror genres and I’m glad I did. Rob works masterfully on his plot that is both well written and intriguing. I’m excited to read what comes next...the government aspect was believable...excellent read and will look for more from this author in the near future.
Toni Goode
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scary as hell!

There is nothing scarier than watching the beginning of an virus induced apocalypse happen. The descriptions and interwoven storylines will keep you hooked from start to finish. Beautifully written and will have you thinking about the what ifs. Loved this book!
Sheri Kirkendall
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Love this author. His books are amazing. Great scares. Can't wait to see what else he has been preparing for his readers
Jeff DeMarco
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read some good zombie sci fi this year, but this is surely the most unique spin on the sub genre I’ve read, ever. The author uses clear knowledge of virology and the inner workings of the medical community to create a plausible story, and believable characters, fully immersing the reader in the sights and smells of a hospital setting. I found myself cringing through a few parts (in a good way) given the vivid, gut wrenching (literally) storytelling. Maybe don’t read this if you have a sick ...more
Linda Ramsey
Apr 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Review

Unfortunately I was really looking forward to reading this book. It has a very good premise for a storyline. However, that is as far as it goes. The wording is stilted and doesn’t sound natural. The author needs to do more research if he is going to use medical terms, he needs to know which medical personnel can do somethings. It’s fine to occasionally make mistakes but I could only get to 84 pages before I finally gave up. FYI, CNA’s do not start IV’s or do any medical treatments. I reall
Ann
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
Not for me

This book is well written but with a big But. If you are interested in knowing every exact detail about ED care and I mean exact then this your book. As I said well written so I kept going skipping a lot pages but when it got to the “becoming” I decided this book is not for me. I love a good zombie story but this thing the infected become, became too much for me. Other readers may well enjoy this book, just not for me.
Alexander Pain
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This novel is an excellent addition to the zombie genre. The author's medical background adds to the realism and plausibility of the scenario. There's a good balance between science, medical/first responder drama, and a serious fight for survival. I highly recommend this book. It's one of the best. ...more
Marcie Pfeifer
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked it but nothing stood out

It was your average end of the world zombie book. I did appreciate the medical jargon (not that I understood much of it) but nothing in the book stood out to me. It's worth a read and perhaps the last few pages are more terrifying than anything else in the book, given the current state of affairs.
Stephen Benacci
Zombies

I love reading zombie books and this one did not disappoint. Although a little wordy at times the premise and showing how quickly things can devolve was spot on. An excellent read.
Yvonne Beck
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
New take on zombie genre

Great yarn, well written and engaging. This is my first book from this author, so I hadn't noted his name- but I guessed the author was male in the last section of the book, when he mentioned the smell of lemon scented shampoo, lol.
Ashley Zuck
This book was hard for me to get into simply because you don’t get a chance to get to know the characters, but it also is intriguing because you want to know what happens next. That intrigue kept me reading. I’m interested to see where book two goes.
Ashleigh Roberts
Sep 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Not the same old zombie story

This was much more detailed than other zombie books. Not only did it explain how everything started but with the change in points of view you are also able to look through zombie minds.
Monicabill Gaudet
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Decent read little confusing on timeline at times

It’s a decent read, entertaining enough to kept you wondering what happens...but then what happens? Timeline jumps were a bit confusing but cleared up enough to finish reading.
Tressa
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
Vampire

This feels more like vampires than zombies. The Vombies are
thinkers and planners. Have a Leader and are actively searching for specific people to destroy.
Kim Zeltvay
Apr 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Nice read

It is slow at the beginning but it gets better towards 60 percent. That is where the action starts. Nice book
Christine Robert
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Night Zero

Enjoyed this book very much. Lots of detail! Love the characters as well😷There are some very graphic parts probably not for kids to read but me, I loved it!!
Jane Aspen
May 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An author friend of mine that has been a book promoter for quite some time told me about this authors books. This was the first one I have read and it won't be the last. Great read! ...more
Augusta Crandall
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my

Loved it. The zombies were awesome, and the reason behind the zombies was awesome. Loved it, loooved it, loved it.
rita
Oct 27, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• After Z
  • Extinction Level Event: Book One
  • Dead Meat: Day 1 (Dead Meat #1)
  • The First 30 Days: A Zombie Apocalypse Novel
  • Extinction Level Event, Book Two: Holding Ground (ELE Series 2)
  • Dead Meat: Day 2 (Dead Meat, #2)
  • Dead Meat: Day 3 (Dead Meat, #3)
  • Zombies on The Block (Zombies On The Block #1)
  • When the Dead Rise: The Outbreak
  • Nurse Alissa vs. the Zombies (Nurse Alissa vs. the Zombies #1)
  • The Dead Next Door
  • The Hill (The Spread #1)
  • Flight 3430
  • A Small World (Zombies! #1)
  • The Good, The Bad, And The Undead (The Wild Wild Midwest #1)
  • Escape (Nurse Alissa vs. the Zombies #2)
  • The End of Everything (The End of Everything #1)
  • World Departed (Cascadia #1)
Rob Horner is a Virginia Beach native and former Navy Avionics Technician who spent twenty years working with electronics before finding his calling in medicine. Now a nurse practitioner at Urgent Care of Mountain View in Morganton and Hickory, North Carolina, he splits his time between work, writing, and family. He is blessed with a loving wife, two sons, and three beautiful daughters. He and his ...more

News & Interviews