Start by marking “Lovely Digits” as Want to Read:
Lovely Digits

Lovely Digits

When two murders strike the sleepy Victorian town of Clun, England, an unlikely partnership forms. But can the killer be found before there is a third?

Lovely Digits is the town oddity…

But quirky spinster Lucy Wycliffe prefers to ignore gossip and embrace her position as the town’s layer out of the dead, despite how her parents’ deaths thrust her into such unlikely work. Lo
Published June 12th 2019 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lovely Digits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovely Digits

"Avonna
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

LOVELY DIGITS by Jeanine Englert is a historical romantic suspense that I feel is perfect in every way. The romance and suspense/mystery were both perfectly balanced and intriguing. This book has a heroine with a unique occupation, a constable hero trying to right a past wrong while both work together to solve a series of murders in 1849 Clun, England.

Miss Lucy Wycliffe is a spinster, who has for the last ten years been Clun’s laye
Katherine Olson
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fresh voice for historical romance! I loved the premise of this story, the heroine’s unusual vocation (so nice to see something outside the peerage for HR), the dense atmospheric setting in Clun, and the hero who proved himself worthy of our admiration at every turn.
Jana Oliver
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Strong New Voice in Historical Romance

I enjoy stories that have strong emotional arcs as well as a compelling mystery. Lovely Digits has all those elements. The relationship between the hero and heroine was spot on as each twist and turn plays out to its dangerous conclusion. I highly recommend this book.
Jillian
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quite the murder adventure!

This was a real interesting book! I enjoyed the intrigue and mystery. Two murders in Victorian England and an unlikely pair comes together to solve it. There is some romance but the entire story centers on two woman who turn up dead. A washed up sailor investigator and female mortician are on the case. Early examples of crime fighting with deduction and forensic science. Kept my attention all the way thru. The book wasn’t too dark, nor did it give any gory details. Goo
Marlie May
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This mystery grabbed me on page one and didn't let go until I finished. An awesome read, suspenseful and enthralling. I can't wait to see what this author writes next.
Brenda Lowder
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful and engaging, this book kept me rapidly turning pages until I reached the satisfying conclusion!
Jane Marchionna
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to put the book down. I really enjoyed it. The mystery was well thought out and the characters were strong engaging. I wish this was a series I would love to read more about John and Lucy.
B. Nichols
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Historicals are not normally my cup of tea, but I'm glad I picked this one up.

I loved that the heroine, Lucy Wycliffe had an unusual profession as a layer-out of the dead, a precursor to the modern-day mortician and later on to have her intelligence and forthrightness put to use by the new constable, John Brodie.

I enjoyed the flawed hero (John Brodie) very much as he saw more worth in Lucy than just a pretty face and was not disgusted by her work. He lifted her up and gave her new purpose at a
Tyra Burton
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful read

With both an intriguing hero and heroine, Lovely Digits delivers a wonderful period mystery with twists and turns and romance. An excellent and well-written debut novel.
Gwamsa
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lucy and John

This book is a nice surprise and different path to romance. The characters are unique and the gothic darkness just right for a few tingles. I recommend and will be seeking more by this author.
Caroline
Robbin
Aug 18, 2019
Cyrene Olson
Aug 20, 2019
Jeanine Englert is a Golden Heart ® Finalist and Daphne du Maurier Award winner in historical romantic suspense. After years of writing in secret, she joined Romance Writers of America and Georgia Romance Writers in 2013 and has been an active member ever since. She writes Scottish Highland historicals and historical romantic suspense novels.

When she isn’t wrangling with her characters on the pag