Start by marking “The Seventh Blessing” as Want to Read:
The Seventh Blessing

The Seventh Blessing

Within the world of Popla, the gods rule over mankind. Thanks to their order, mankind lives safe from the dangers of the worlds monsters and demon beasts. However, even with their protection, there are some who have chosen to rebel against their benevolent masters.

Having lost his sister to a mysterious sickness called the Seventh Blessing, rumoured to have been created by
Published June 7th 2019 by Ricky Baxter

To ask other readers questions about The Seventh Blessing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seventh Blessing

Start your review of The Seventh Blessing
Bookread2day
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wonderful fantasy story. The prologue is short and straight into action what the story is about. How long has it been? How long have I been wandering through this cold and frightening place, alone? Ten billion years perhaps? No. Much more than that. I am cold and tired. I just want to rest, in a place that I can call home. I would like to thank author Ricky Baxter for sending me this paperback to read.
Jodie "Bookish"  Cook
Feb 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids, YA & NA Too!
This was a magical and fantastical journey through the fantasy world of Popla. I found the world-building to be mystical and unique as the characters followed their lengthy adventure. You never knew what was around the next bend and I was often surprised as I followed along. The primary characters were the trio of Luna, Adamas and Ten however the story was told completely from the point of view of Luna. That gave me some interesting insight into him, his motivations and his feelings. When I ...more
Jessica Belmont
Mar 23, 2020 rated it liked it
The Seventh Blessing is quite a quirky, epic fantasy with likable characters and a fast-paced plot.
Written in the first person, I think this gave the characters a chance to shine here. Its always nice to be inside the characters head, as it allows you as a reader to really begin to like them as a person. I found this part of the novel very strong, and Im definitely a fan of character driven novels.
While the plot is full of twists, turns and excitement, I was, at times, left feeling like it was a
Meaghan Hurn
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
The Seventh Blessing by R.L. Baxter is uniquely told from first-person point of view, which isn't typically what readers prefer. So, if you're up for the challenge or are the rare person who enjoys first-person, then this is your book.

The is a debut novel for the new author and is a good attempt at working out a story. There are many mistakes throughout the book, but you'll find the characters engaging and I did enjoy the jokes that fell flat. You can see his dry sarcasm shining through.

We
Mar 09, 2020

• Sting
  • Sticks & Stones
  • Dear Wallflower
  • The Resistance (The Union, #5)
  • If We Were Giants
  • Love Overboard
  • Haskell Himself
  • Defy the Sun (The Offering Series, #2)
  • Ben Braver and the Vortex of Doom (Ben Braver, #3)
  • Hannah Goodheart and the Guardian of Time (Hannah Goodheart, #1)
  • The Ghosts of Saratoga
  • Madame Fiocca
  • Emberhawk
  • Sleuth on Safari (A Traveler Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Moon In Bastet
  • The Key of Skeleton Peak (Legends of the Lost Causes, #3)
  • The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
  • Apollo to the Moon: A History in 50 Objects
Ricky Baxter is the author of Gideon and the Crimson Samurai, a fantasy novel newly released for Amazon Kindle. He is an avid blogger, giving advice and thoughts to fellow creators from all walks of life. His other works include Colours of Destiny, a Youtube visual novel. Currently he lives in London England where he writes and blogs.

Starting out as a composer since graduating with a Ba(Hons) in