Start by marking “Game On (Texas Playmakers Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Game On (Texas Playmakers Book 2)

Game On (Texas Playmakers Book 2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  9 reviews
He’s home to recover ...and rekindle a romance with his first love

After a hitting streak propels him onto a major league roster, Nate Ramsey lands on the injured list. The one bright spot in a frustrating summer is returning home to Last Stand, Texas – until he's tasked with confronting Keely Harper, an old flame whose business is running roughshod over his grandfather’s
Expected publication: August 8th 2019 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Game On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game On

really liked it 4.00  ·

Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description
Game on is the second book in the Texas Playmakers series by Joanne Rock. This novel is told in third person point of view and is Nate Ramsey and Keely Harper’s story.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the first book in the Texas Playmakers series (The Perfect Catch) so before diving into this novel I decided to wipe the slate clean and give Game On a fair shot.
I felt this novel flowed better than the first, I found myself becoming even more intrigued the more I read.

I’m a huge fan of second chance romanc
Heather andrews
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nate is just a resourceful man, “when I say ‘make,’I meant I could make food appear,”he clarified, closing the distance between them until only a couple of feet separated them. “By calling for delivery.” I liked this book, I loved Nate.
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
3.5 Stars

I hadn't read anything by Joanne Rock before so wasn't quite sure what to expect but I loved the thought of a second chance/sports romance. Game On was a little more about the second chance than the sports and its Nate and Keely's story.

When Nate was drafted to the major league for Baseball he broke a promise to his childhood sweetheart Keely forcing them to go their separate ways. Now Nate finds himself injured and back in his home town.
What will happen when he comes face to face once
Marcie Robinson
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Game On” is book two of the Texas Playmakers series by Joanne Rock and features Nate Ramsey and Keely Harper.

Injured playing baseball, Nate returns home to Last Stand, Texas. His grandfather, Emmett, needs Nate to talk to Keely about a piece of land that she’s been using for her wildflower farm.
Keely ended her relationship with Nate five years ago so he could pursue his baseball career and she could stay behind to care for her father and sister.
Now, Nate is back and their feelings for each othe
Karen Roma
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Game On is the second book in Joanne Rock’s Texas Playmakers series and focuses on the relationship between Keely Harper and Nate Ramsay. For lovers of small town, second chance romances, this one will definitely be a favourite, as Keely and Nate are two genuine characters who face unresolved issues and what often seems like overwhelming challenges to their complex and fiery reunion. The storyline for this book is good, and the support cast add an interesting secondary storyline that will obviou ...more
Paula Pugh
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Game On was not one of my favorites by Joanne Rock but there are a lot of good points to the novel. There’s a good storyline involving second chances. The two main characters, Keely and Nate, both have problems that seem insurmountable to their reunion. There is a cool secondary storyline involving Keely’s sister, Alexis, and another baseball player, Ty, that continues into the next book in the series. The story is a bit slow to get going and drags in a few areas, too.
I voluntarily read and revi
Kaye
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book 2 of the series, and since there are 3 brothers and a sister I expect there will be more to come. This is Nate's story, who returns home to recover from an injury during a baseball game. He meets up with Keely, his old girlfriend, and the spark is still there. Overall, I did enjoy this one, although I liked the first book better. Would recommend this book and author. Fun and light summer read.
Margaret
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you like hometown romance, put this one on your TBR list. Five years ago, Nate Ramsey and Keely Harper were sweethearts. I guess you could say baseball broke them apart. Now, Nate has to recover from surgery on his left hand, sustained from an injury during a baseball game. He's going home to recover, back to Last Stand, TX. What he wants is to start a kids baseball camp, what he needs is Keely.
Sweet and hot in Texas.
A free copy from Netgalley for an honest review.
Jacki
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5☆
Back to Last Stand, Texas.

What I liked:
Standalone
HEA

What I didn't like:
Keely

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Emily
Anna Nguyen
Nancy
Sandie
Jun 20, 2019
USA Today bestselling author Joanne Rock writes romance novels in a variety of sub-genres, from family sagas to sexy contemporaries. A popular workshop speaker, Joanne parlays her experience in the college classroom to substantive seminars that motivate, educate and inspire. Her book Self Promotion: Your Guide to Launching a Book is the culmination of requests for her notes on this topic. She has ...more