Start by marking “Relic (The Relic Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Relic (The Relic Trilogy #1)

Relic

(The Relic Trilogy #1)

In the city of Edriast, there is no deadlier duty than to serve as the Shadow.

As the personal servant of the powerful Lord Rennard, the Shadow's life is all but forfeit. Rennard possesses one of five rare and dangerous Relics – a jewel that protects his bloodline, but slowly poisons everyone else in its proximity. When the current Shadow succumbs to its magic, nineteen-yea
ebook, 1, 496 pages
Published September 12th 2019 by Talem Press

To ask other readers questions about Relic, please sign up.
Bronwyn Eley Hi Ashley, it's not the main plot but there is romance in Relic yes! Always have to have a little bit of romance... :)

Start your review of Relic (The Relic Trilogy #1)
alana ♡
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Power is a seductive thing."

I'm just going to put this out there...2019 is the year of some seriously awesome debuts! Relic was an enjoyable read from start to finish that left me eager for the next book in this trilogy, especially after how action packed and fast paced the ending was. Kaylan, lives in a ruthless world where children are forced to grow up too quickly and live in a constant fear of being chosen as the next Shadow, which is essentially the personal servant of the powerful Lor
Sahitya
It’s probably more of a 3.5 but I wasn’t impressed enough to give it a 4.

I am used to requesting advance copies from Netgalley, so when I got the email from the publisher themselves to review this debut YA fantasy novel, I was very excited. And I’m glad that despite taking me a while, this was a good read.

The first thing I look for in any new fantasy series is a well developed world. In this one, we are mostly relegated to the city of Edriast but we get to explore a lot of it. I could really pic
Kate (beautifulbookland)
Okay guys and gals, if this book doesn’t blow up, I’m going to lose my shit. If I don’t see this book plastered around Bookstagram, I’m going to lose my shit. If I don’t see this book get the recognition and love that it deserves, I’m going to lose my shit.

Honestly, I’ve been struggling with fantasy books recently, and I have no idea why; the only books I’ve been truly loving have all been contemporaries, which is totally unusual for me because I usually love fantasy.

So it’s safe to say that I h
Lana (Bibliomedico)
Check Out My Full Review : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
*******************************
Also , You can Read my interview with Author Bronwyn Eley : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
*******************************
Thanks To Shealea From SHUT UP, SHEALEA , Caffeine Book Tours and Talem Press For Giving me the opportunity to Be part of this blog tour and read this amazing book .
*******************************
” Power Is A Seductive Thing ”
Let me tell you guys ! I’ve read Amazing
Dianne
I’ve read this twice, it’s THAT good, that engrossing and that original!

RELIC by Bronwyn Eley is dark, edgy and completely unique to any fantasy I have read. Imagine a heroine who knows she is going to die, little by little, every day, her life forces sucked away to keep her master alive. Imagine being “chosen” for this position and not being able to deny it, being forced to become another in a long line of “shadows” who will die to feed a relic of immense power. How would you leave your mark on
Helen Scheuerer
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'Relic' had me hooked from the very first page. It's one of those books that keeps you turning the pages even though you should have gone to bed hours ago. Great character development and a careful build up to an epic twist you won't see coming. Can't wait for the next book!
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I'm immensely grateful to Talem Press for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Makes me so happy to be able to read a debut like this one, I loved it! I feel that the author gives us a new perspective on the dark fantasy genre and manages to give us wonderfully created characters and an intriguing magic system. I think it's a very unique story and I still can't believe that we are in presence of a debut author, since the book is beautifully created, there's a lo
Aditi
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Relic, by Bronwyn Eley, is the first book in the Relic Trilogy, a YA dark fantasy series by debut author Eley. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! It follows Kaylan, a teen girl living in Edriast, a cruel place where the Shadow to the ruling Lord Rennard, could be anyone over the age of ten.

Yes, you read that right.

The Shadows' lifespans were typically shorter because of the Relic, a jewel that Lord Rennard made them wear to protect the bloodline.

Kaylan is worried for her younger brothers, both o
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Edriast’s lord wears a deadly relic, passed down through his bloodline. As the relic leaches the life from everyone who spends time in close proximity to it, he employs a shadow, someone as a servant to attend to all his need, so others don’t have to. His latest shadow has succumbed to the relics power and Kaylan has been selected in the lottery to take his place.
Relic was a brilliant dark fantasy I couldn’t get enough of. I’m so glad it wasn’t a stand-alone, not because the story left too many
Breanna
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
THIS REVIEW & MORE → Paws and Paperbacks

ARC provided by the publisher.

Relic is the first book in a new fantasy trilogy that is sure to impress many readers, myself included. With a strong heroine, excellent worldbuilding, and a very interesting premise, this was one heck of an entertaining story!

The premise of Relic felt really unique and fascinating, which is what originally drew me to the story. The book follows our protagonist, Kaylan, who has been chosen to be the next shadow: a per
Ahana M Rao (Heart’s Content)
You can find this review on my blog, Heart’s Content

Advanced Reader’s Copy provided by publisher as part of Caffeine Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. I’d like to thank Shealea @ShutUpShealea and Talem Press for this opportunity!

When I saw the blurb of Relic I was immediately intrigued. I knew I had to read this book. After reading a few reviews my lovely friends had written about Relic, I was sure that I was prepared for this book. I was wrong.

Relic for me was a gripping read, despit
Olivia Estelle
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The relentless twists and turns keep you guessing right to the very end. I couldn’t put it down! The writing is very clever, you get lulled into a false sense of security and then WHAM! Plot twist! Oh, and another one! What a brilliant debut.
Allison Thornton
Loved it!!!!

I loved the story and the characters were great, i even cried. This book gives you all the emotions. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Kath
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A unique view of social structure and how it can guide character and plot bonds.
idil
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher for Caffeine Blog Tours.

“I wasn’t some quivering animal caught in a hunter’s sight. I was angry. The words came out in a low snarl, deep from my chest, as if I really was a wild beast.”

We are introduced to the world of Relic in the city of Edriast, where Lord Rennard, who has hold of the magical gemstone, rules with an iron fist. The narrative doesn’t stray from Edriast and we experience the city with its every aspect: from the imposing castle to
Veryimportantbook
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved so much Relic😍 ! I can't wait to read episode 2. This is a fantastic fantasy novel. One of the best I have read since Strange the dreamer.

Edriast is a city where dark magic powers are in the hands of one man. These magic powers are destroying people around him. But who knows if these powers can turn into a poison for its owner? Well, the shadow of the owner knows. Kaylan is his shadow. We are following her fight to survive despite the permanent attacks of the relic.
She is suffering but s
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Full review coming to my blog at 8pm on Sept 18 for the Caffeine Blog Tour :)

Sometimes Leelynn Reads
Sammira (blissfulreveries)
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75/5 full review on da blog: https://wordpress.com/post/blissfulre... ...more
Ami
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A fast paced fantasy with a wild ending! Relic by Bronwyn Eley was a title I was instantly drawn to because of the synopsis. I love fantasy, but so much of it sounds same-old, same-old, and I thought this one sounded different, with the jewel poisoning everyone around but the wearer. I thought this premise was intriguing, and for the most part, it didn’t disappoint! I say for the most part, because as this is the first book in a trilogy, I have so many questions about how the relic works and how ...more
Andrew
Feb 20, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read reviews on Amazon and thought the book looked intriguing. It was on Kindle Unlimited and I'm trying to do more with that service that I have paid for all these years and hardly use. Sometimes I'm just not impressed with what is available on KU.

This was no exception. The bad reviews were not so bad. It did not have any 1 star which I usually start with first to find out what people who hated it think of it and they are usually brutally honest.

The story is fantasy of some sort. I read somew
Diana Palomo
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Throughly entertaining with a wide range of emotions. Couldn't put it down. Anticipating how the characters will build in the next book. Looking forward to the next chapter. Great job!
Sydney Brown
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing

This was a unique and interesting book that was easily devoured. I loved the characters and the plot, it wasn't something I've read a thousand times which was incredibly refreshing.
Jen T
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Official review coming in August
Hannah
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Political, magical, dark and beautiful. Bronwyn Eley's debut novel captures the hearts of its readers with devotion to its character and mutual hatred towards the morally grey antagonist.
Bookedoutx
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it!
Do yourself a favour and add it to your next to read list ❤️
Julia
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pub-2019, arc-review
I was fortunate enough to receive this book as part of my participation in the blog tour. This did not affect my opinion.

This book drew me in right off the bat with the compelling synopsis and intriguing prologue. The prologue is well written and serves its purpose well: introducing the story and information we need in a way that adds to the story instead of taking away from it. The rest of the book is narrated from the MC’s, Kaylan, point of view so the information given in the prologue doesn’t
Jessica M
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

Relic by Bronwyn Eley is the first novel in the dark YA fantasy series, The Relic Trilogy. Set in the fictional city of Edriast, teenager Kaylan is selected as the new Shadow — a cursed role serving Lord Rennard, that guarantees imminent death.

Bronwyn’s debut novel is an enjoyable read. I enjoyed the premise, and the characters, and the pacing. At times, I felt the stakes weren’t that high but I still think fantasy readers will be entertained by this debut story. The rel
Ivey Byrd
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven’t picked up a book in a few months and I am so glad that Relic was my first in a while. As some of you may know, fantasy is my favorite genre so I am very picky with what I read, but Relic truly hit the mark when it came to all of my favorite fantasy things.

First of all, Kaylan embodied everything I love in a fantasy heroine. She was strong willed, passionate, and willing to do anything for her family, but also challenged the norm of this fantasy world by being a blacksmith rather than a
Patricia Lim
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I received this ARC from Talem Press as part of the Caffeine Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

You can read the full review on my blog.

In a fictional city of Edriast, Kaylan, an apprentice blacksmith, was chosen as the next shadow - a job more of a curse than a blessing. She knows that the appointment was a countdown to her end like the shadows before her and she was not wrong. She serves Lord Rennard, the owner of a Relic, a powerful magical jewel that protects him (and his bloodli
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Ninth Sorceress (The Price of Magic, #1)
  • War of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #3)
  • Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #2)
  • Paths of Malice (The Venatrix Chronicles, #3)
  • The Queen of Cursed Things (The Serpents and Kings Trilogy #1)
  • Dance of Souls (The Venatrix Chronicles, #4)
  • Daughter of Shades (The Venatrix Chronicles, #1)
  • The King of Burning Skies (The Serpents and Kings Trilogy #2)
  • Dawn of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles #0.1-0.9)
  • Visions of Fate (The Venatrix Chronicles, #2)
  • Heart of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #1)
  • Hidden Knights (Knights of the Realm, #3)
  • Black Veil (The Sworn Saga, #3)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Throne of Sand (Desert Nights Novels, #1)
  • Crown of Nightmares (The Venatrix Chronicles, #7)
  • Court of Ruins (The Fallen Fae, #1)
I've been writing my whole life but it was only in the last few years that it occurred to me that I could do this for a living!

I spend a lot of my time reading (obviously). Fantasy, particularly, is where I live and breath, but I'm up for anything!

I've spent some time in the military, studied Linguistics at university and travelled a lot. I am obsessed with all things medieval, music, my fitness

The Relic Trilogy (2 books)
  • Riven (The Relic Trilogy, #2)