Start by marking “Woman in the Water” as Want to Read:
Woman in the Water

Woman in the Water

The Sunday Times bestselling author of The Teacher and Truth or Die is back with a new twisty crime thriller

I’m alive. But I can’t be saved . . .

When a woman’s body is found submerged in icy water, police are shocked to find she is alive. But she won’t disclose her name, or what happened to her – even when a second body is discovered. And then she disappears from her hospital bed.

Detectives Adrianbed.

Detectives

Published November 11th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Woman in the Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman in the Water

Start your review of Woman in the Water
Peter
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Traumatic
Detectives Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey return in Katerina Diamond’s sixth book in her crime thriller series. Katerina immediately establishes an atmosphere of fear, mystery and danger when a Woman in the Water is found and pulled from a freezing river. Adrian Miles is the first on the scene of what he expects to be a corpse and as he stands over the deathly body of a badly beaten woman, she reaches out and grabs his leg. Jane Doe is taken to the hospital where she starts to make a recovery while
Debra
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When I was offered this book, I had no idea it was the sixth book in a series. Although I found that it worked as a stand-alone for me, I know that I was missing background on both main characters: Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey.

Adrian Miles was on his way home when he noticed a group of women standing by a bridge, he pulled over to investigate and found the body of a badly beaten woman partially submerged in the water. She is alive and once she is treated at the hospital, she is inter
Pauline
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Woman in the Water by Katerina Diamond is the 6th book in the Detectives Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey series. I have really enjoyed this series so far and this new chapter did not disappoint.
A young woman is found badly beaten and half submerged in the river. She says that she has lost her memory and does not even remember her name. When a body is found near to where they found the woman the investigation turns into a murder enquiry.
This is a fast paced thriller with quite a few twis
Mandy White
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of the Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey series by Katerina Diamond and I think this might be the best one so far. The Woman In The Water is a dark and gritty police procedural with real characters and storylines. The twist at the end had me stunned, I really did not see it coming at all.

It is a hard book to talk about the plot without spoilers. I will say that there is a really tough scene to read in this book. I felt quite ill and upset reading it. But it is fantastic writing and ma
Amanda
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woman In The Water is the 6th book in the detective series Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey. This just gets better and better!!

A young woman is found badly beaten in a river, she has no memory of what has happened to her or her name. A man’s body is found nearby and the police duo try to work out if the two of them are connected in any way.

This is such a great riveting series, I have to say that there is an assault in this book that made me nearly give up reading it. I couldn
Ceecee
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read all the previous books in the series and enjoyed them all but I thought this was much weaker and found it to be just an ok read. Following the rescue from the water of Angela Corrigan and later on the discovery of a dead body of a man, what followed was a tale of domestic abuse, corruption and rape so it was a very dark, unsavoury story. Interspersed in the storytelling was the point of view of Angela who told her sorry tale but I don’t feel her version of events added anything very ...more
Louise Wilson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detectives Miles and Grey #6

A woman is found, half submerged and badly beaten in an icy river. Shes still alive. She claims that she has no memory of whom she and what happened to her. But then another body is found close to where she was found. The difference is in this case, the police know who committed the crime, they just can't prove it. No one will speak out. They're too afraid.

This is a very dark and at times a disturbing read. The book covers domestic abuse, rape and violenc
Lou
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woman in the Water is the sixth instalment in the riveting DS Imogen Grey and DS Adrian Miles series, based in Exeter. The long, exhausting working day has finally ended for Adrian Miles and he is on his way home for some rest and relaxation when he discovers something in the water. Eager to see what exactly it is he realises that it is a woman; she is in bad shape and barely hanging on but still very much alive. She is rushed to the hospital where she is questioned as to what happened to her an ...more
Kat Dietrich
Woman in the Water by Katerina Diamond is the 6th in the Imogen Grey detective series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Avon Books, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background:    (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
DS Imogen Grey, and her partner DS Adrian Miles don’t always play be the rules, but they are both top-notch detectives.  They have learned to tru/>Series/>First,
Liz Barnsley
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I found The Woman in the Water to be an engaging page turner for the most part- I probably suffered somewhat from only dipping in and out of this series but overall it was an intriguing plot with the dark heart that this author brings to all her novels and which appeals to me greatly.

In all honesty though I can't say this is my favourite of the books. I had a love hate relationship with it all the way through for reasons that are highly subjective.

On the huge plus side a subject is
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Katerina Diamond and Avon Books for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars

Trigger Warning: Domestic Violence and rape

Woman In The Water was an intriguing read. I really enjoyed Detectives Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey. I felt an almost instant connection with this and it felt easy and light to do so. I could easily read this whole series about them. They are one of the more interesting duos in books such as these, that I've read i/>Woman/>Trigger
Michelle
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A woman in the water by Katerina Diamond is the 6th Book in the Detective Miles and Grey series and I must confess that I have only read one other in the series. This book is a shocker of a book. So, it is not for the faint hearted. This can be read as a standalone.
Detective Adrian Miles is called to a Woman’s body in the water to only find out that she is still alive. Adrian pulls her out of the water in front of onlookers and is filmed and the footage is later found online. Another body
Nicole
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another amazing instalment in this dark and very violent crime series.

I really enjoyed this book. It was incredibly fast paced, well written and had lots of twists and turns.

It is incredibly dark and violent. This book series really isn't for the faint hearted because of the potentially triggering subject matter. They are definitely not thrillers that I recommend to everyone but if you can handle a dark messed up book, this series is a great read.

I really like
Stephanie
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I very eagerly anticipated the release of Truth or Die earlier this year and thought it would be another year before the next book in the series came out. I was super happy to discover that Woman in the Water was also publishing this year. While I did enjoy it, I have some mixed feelings about it, as well.

I don’t know if it’s because the book was maybe rushed to release this year or if it’s because of a new editor (in the Acknowledgments the author mentions a former editor, so I’m as
Laurie Tell
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, this book should come with a warning. It's graphic, violent and disturbing. It started as a normal detective mystery. Then it took a very dark disturbing turn. I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil anything.

This leads to the question of what makes a good book. Did I love this book? No. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a good book. I was uneasy, I was sad, and I am pretty sure I flinched or grimaced while reading it. I really want to discuss this book with so
Nazeerah
Thanks to the publishers, Netgalley and the author for the ARC of this book.

I am a huge fan of Katerina Diamond. Tnere are some authors' books which make me stop whatever I'm reading and immediately devour them. Katerina Diamond's books definitely falls in that category.

This was a really really good book. It started off quite tame for a Katerina Diamond book. The body count was surprisingly low and there wasn't a lot of blood and gore. Do not let this fool you, this book will totall
Lainy
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - < 1 day

Pages - 432

Publisher - Avon Books

Source - Netgalley

Blurb from Goodreads

I’m alive. But I can’t be saved . . .

Detectives Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey follow their only lead to the ho
Denise
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Warning -- this is not a crime thriller for the sensitive and delicate as it deals with some extremely graphic material that I can't elucidate as to avoid big spoilers. This book was, at times, difficult to read.

"People warn you about strangers, but no one warns you about the people you love, the people who say they love you."

DS Adrian Miles is driving along Glasshouse Lane when he notices a crowd by the wall of the riverside. He pulls over only to discover a woman in the
Karen Barber
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Detectives Adrian Miles and Imogen Grey are now in a relationship, though that’s not common knowledge at work. However, on this case things come too close to home and it has serious repercussions for both.
On his way into work Miles stops as some women think their children saw a body in the water. Upon investigation, it is a woman...and she’s alive. Someone wanted her dead, but there’s no signs of robbery or sexual assault. It becomes a matter of some urgency to work out what on earth happe
Rosemary Standeven
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent crime novel, that – apart from being a fast paced, riveting read – brings up some very disturbing subjects. You may forget the individual police characters (not that they are under-developed, or lacking in any way at all), but what happens in the book will remain with you a very long time.
A woman is found, severely beaten and nearly drowned in the water. Another body (not so lucky) is found nearby. She won’t tell the police who she is, who he is, or what occurred. She disa
Erika
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley and Avon Books UK for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Adrian, a detective happens upon a woman in a river. At first he assumes she is dead but then realizes she is alive. When they get her to the hospital, she claims she doesn’t know who she is and then escapes. Then a man is found dead in another part of the river and while investigating that death, Adrian and his partner, Imogene, come across the woman from the river who has returned to her previous lif
Lisa Clark
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Review**
The Woman in the Water by Katrina Diamond
‘I’m alive, but I can’t be saved.’
Mystery surrounds the discovery of a woman in a river left for dead. How did she come to be there? And why? As the story unravels it becomes clear it is a much deeper and twisted tale than anyone could have imagined.
This was my first Miles and Grey crime thriller by Diamond, and it did not disappoint. It was dark and suspenseful, and kept me eagerly turning the pages.
I really enjoyed all the
Julie Lacey
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book in the series.
Adrian comes across a woman’s body in the river and goes to investigate, and is shocked when he realises she’s still alive. She’s been beaten badly and he wants to know what happened to her.
In the hospital she can’t remember her name or what happened and then disappears.
Another body is found in the river but this time, dead, and when Adrian and Imogen start investigating they come across the woman from the river.
It’s clear something’s not right with h
peggy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all the books this author has written so far and in my opion this is her best yet. I love the way this author writes. She piques your interest and then you are hooked. I have never read a book like this before. Dealing with issues that are not highly publicised and abhorrent and as for the perpetrator he is evil personified. Gripping, abhorrent, atmospheric and a chilling read all in equal measures. An easy five stars and so Highly Recommended. A MUST READ I LOVED IT.
I would like to
Andrea Pole
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Woman in the Water by Katerina Diamond is the latest installation in the DS Grey/DS Miles series, and only the second that I've read, but I am adding all of the previous books to my TBR list immediately. This novel is fast-paced, uncomfortably graphic, and utterly addictive. The subject matter, including domestic abuse and sexual assault, are difficult to read, but the end result is a solid juggernaut that you will not want to put down.

A woman is found in the water, barely clinging t
Caroline Kerdouci
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! This novel really packs a punch. Hard hitting, gritty and sometimes brutal, the subject matter is not for the faint hearted.
When a woman is found in the water barely alive it is up to the investigative team of DS Adrian Miles and DS Imogen Grey to discover who put her there and why. What they can’t anticipate is how this particular case will test their partnership both in and outside of work. The question is can they survive the harrowing events that follow??
As the investigation get
Meggy
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review published on my blog

Here comes my first review of a book by the kind and famous Katerina Diamond!

After a chilling prologue, my meeting Adrian Miles was wet and scary. There was an undercurrent in the novel that I spotted right away. This uneasiness never left me. Sometimes was wrong. In fact, many things were wrong, and I was pulled into Imogen and Adrian’s lives by an invisible hand probably called ‘insane curiosity.’

The title is a literal reference to what DS Miles goes th
Nicola Smith
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowee, I think this is the best of the Grey and Miles books I have read so far. I also just need to say this: Ms Diamond, how could you?!

The story opens with DS Adrian Miles rescuing a woman from an icy river. It seems she must be dead but amazingly she has survived. He feels really strongly about the woman as it seems like she has been a victim of some kind of violence and having grown up in an abusive household he is determined not to watch it happen to someone else.

Alo
Elaine's Reviews
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katarina Diamond does it again!!!
Dark, shocking, devastating and emotionally charged, we revisit Miles and Grey in their latest and most dangerous investigation.

A woman is pulled from a river by Detective Adrian Miles, barely alive, and unable to remember how she ended up there. What seems to be a routine domestic abuse case becomes anything but. They know the perpetrator, they just can't prove it.

This is a case that has triggers for Adrian, tracing back to his own child
Helen Leecy
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m really excited to have been asked to be part of the blog tour for this book. The kindle version will be released on the 11th of November 2019. My blog will be published on the 8th of December 2019. My blog will be on www.pinkanddizzy.com
I received a copy of the book in advance via NetGalley in return for an honest review as part of my blog.
This is a book full of intrigue, suspicion and truly shocking occurrences.
We are following DS Miles and DS Grey on the investigation into a woman found almost
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • The Family
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • Magpie
  • The Other Daughter
  • Seven Days
  • The Liar's Sister
  • In Her Eyes
  • Through the Wall
  • The Blossom Twins (Detective Natalie Ward #5)
  • The Quiet Girls: An absolutely addictive mystery thriller
  • Single
  • How to Play Dead
  • The Other Wife
  • The Empty Nest
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • The Forgotten Child