Start by marking “Sever” as Want to Read:
Sever

Sever

One man’s wife is another’s obsession.
We had a love I thought could never be broken. But I was wrong. We weren’t as strong as our vows once promised.

Dark secrets and vicious lies, they tore us apart.

They cut too deep, leaving open wounds.

Pain is something that should never come from the man you love. Forgiveness, understanding, tenderness, yes. But never pain.

But the fact
Published July 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sever

Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5+ KING AND QUEEN STARS!! Holy Moly this book has catapulted to the top of my list for 2019. I absolutely loved this book....these two authors have given us dark romance readers EVERYTHING we could ever want in a story. Shawn, Blyth and Kane's story will suck you in from the beginning and hold you until the very last word.... I need more. You definitely need to read this book.
Lisa Staples
On their own, both T.L. Smith and Melissa Jane are each deliciously dark authors who deliver tremendous 5 star reads.
Paired however, they make sensational word music together and this, their second offering, is an outstanding example of the wicked edge-of-your-seat, lust filled drama these two are notorious for.

The pace is what grabs you straight away with this heady tale.
They dive right into the action, or rather the heartbreak of a marriage on the rocks.
Blythe Cooper's husband Shawn has become
Na
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book captures your mind, plays its games with it and spits it out like it was nothing you just endured.
This story seriously keeps your head spinning and leaves you with all the tingling on your skin.
It's a quick read because you don't realize how quick you are in turning the pages.

However, the ending isn't my cup of tea and knowing TL, I expected it to turn out another way.

Sever is truly a mind game you never see coming. Entertaining and thrilling from the first page to the last.
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
description

5 ’Bad Wolf’ Stars

Well, where should I begin? Let’s just state a fact to start with: this book slapped me in the face more than once. It grabbed everything I stand for and turned those things into one hilarious what the flying penguin. Like seriously, I ain’t no one to prejudge but things are gotten hotter here than anticipated!

This power duo brought us something new and oh-so-refreshing with Sever. This book was meant to be written. And it’s going to find its way into your life in no time.

I’m p
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jess~

I have never read this author pairing before but I was excited for it because they both have this dark and twisted writing style that I knew would work well together.

This book follows Blythe down a sleuthing hole I don't think anyone anticipated. Something is going on with her husband. Something is going on with her sister. And a dangerous Big Bad Wolf has swept in with a business deal (and some) at the most convenient of times.

Sexy and devious at the same time as mysterious with little bi
Kaye Springett
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book and can’t wait for more, a great story lots of twists ,never really knew where it was going then boom ,and looks like lots more to come loved it .
A story of love and betrayal I couldn’t decide who was the bad guy it kept you guessing a great read
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These 2 authors have done it again. These characters had me not he edge of my seat waiting to see what was going to happen.
Brenda Travers
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whenever you see the names T.L. Smith & Melissa Jane together you just know your in for the ride of your life.

Singularly these Authors blow me away with their words but together they each bring a new level of suspense and perfection to their books.

I loved Sever. (Hard) This book gave me some killer twists and it was jam packed full of angst that definitely tugged at the heartstrings a little and kept me captivated until the very last page.

Sever is the story of Blythe, Shawn & Kane, th
Melissa  Wright
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a sexy read. Full of twists, turns and steamy scenes. This book will keep the pages turning.
After a year of lies, secrets, and distance from her husband, Blythe decides she can't take it anymore and leaves.
Enter the big bad wolf Kane. After some hesitation Blythe gives in and is swept up into an intense and HOT relationship.
All is not what it seems and when the cards fall Blythe finds herself in a triangle.
Absolutely loved this book. Beware it is a cliff hanger, can't wait to see wher
Kelsey Buriedinabook_k Lehman
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
From the very first page I was intrigued. There is always that lingering sense that something is amiss throughout the book. I thought I knew where things were heading but I was wrong. You really don't find out anything until the very end, it's brilliant! I was captivated by these characters and the writing behind them. I can't wait to get more from this duo!
T.L. Smith
Jul 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
NOW LIVE!!!!

You guys, THIS is such an exciting release for us because we absolutely ADORE the hell out of this story! Or should I say, we absolutely ADORE the hell out of cough Kane Alexander. He's dangerous, he's wickedly delicious, and he won't stop until he gets what's his. SEVER is a standalone and contains mystery, intrigue, passion and all the hotness you'd expect from our alpha's. You can read SEVER today for FREE if you're a KU subscriber.

Amazon US - https://amzn.to/2JJivWq
Amazon Aus -
Lisa Wheeler
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 sinful stars!

I'm not really sure how to put my review into words. This book was dark and twisted while wrapped around sinful seduction. A complete mind fuck and I loved it!
It kept me on edge from the first page to the last. Speaking of the ending, what the hell? The ending is a cliff hanger I wasn't expecting and I need more, like right now. Excuse me while I go rock in a corner hoping and waiting for the next book.
Blythe and Shawn have the perfectly described marriage, but there are secrets
Gayle
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WTAF….What did I just read?

Trying to write my review for Sever is near impossible, I am literally lost for words. I just can’t….

WTAF! I know I said that already but man my mind has been completely blown.

There is dark and twisted, sinfully delicious, cheeky and risque….Then there is Sever.
It’s a novel all on its own, no comparison to any other. Yes it has the dark and twisted, the sinfully delicious and the cheeky and risque, but Sever also has the torment and pain, the heartache, the mind manip
Julie
A good read!
Shawn has suddenly been acting distant and cold towards his wife, when usually they were very close. Blythe can’t understand it, for a year now no communication between them, sex or even hugs. He says he can explain later but has never done so yet and Blythe is feeling alone and rejected, she sad and lonely, needs to feel needed, so gets seduced by big, bad, Kane.
A very exciting read. Had me on the edge of my seat guessing. A real thrill ride, I loved it!
Tersia Eloff
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started Sever, I did not know what to expect. TL Smith and Melissa Jane are known for dark and different. Once I started with Sever, I could not put it down. It is simply brilliant. I did not know what was going to happen next.

I have to stop this review here, I do not want to give anything thing away for other readers. Sever is simply brilliant and I want every reader to experience it they way I did, with no idea where this is going, what's going to happen next.

All I can ask for, pretty
Pamela
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blythe and Shawn had the perfect marriage until he stopped loving her. It's been a year since they've had any intimacy or closeness. Hurt and angry Blythe sets out to find out what is happening with the people she loves most in her life. While investigating she finds out some hard truths and meets Kane. Kane is hot, rich and the devil in disguise. Will Blythe follow the path to hell or will she find out secrets best left alone? A glorious read that I enjoyed and recommend.

I received a copy of t
Laurel Nilsen
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WTF! This book had me hooked from the start wasn’t sure what was going to happen and the ending left me wanting more from this story it had my anxiety levels at and time highs from the start. Blythe should of listen to what she had been told never trust a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Would definitely love more to this story and another great Collaboration by T.L. Smith and Melissa Jane. Definitely a 5 star ⭐ read. ...more
R
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg what have I just read??? 😱
It's steamy. It's mind games. It's heart-breaking. It's dark. It's not a romance. At one point it may feel like it. But nope. It's not romance. It's simply the wolf hunting his prey.

I have no idea how to tell what's going on without giving spoiler here, so I'm just gonna say mind-blowing un expected turn around of a plot story line!

This authors duet create an amazing brilliant work that leave my dark heart wanting the wolf have me.
Tammy
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah! What did I just read there?! Damn this book had my attention at the first chapter, and no way I was putting this down. What a crazy story this was, had my mind all over the place trying to figure out what was happening, in a very good way. I'm trying to review this book without details, there is no way I will ruin it for the next readers. Defs must read for sure!
Madeleine East
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea what in THE heck I just read. Steamy, panty melting, intrigue, intense, not what you think it is but, oh so good. I stayed up way too late finishing this amazing book. I feel in love with Kane aka the big bad, sexy wolf.
Sarah Dale

You know when you see that TL Smith and Melissa Jane are collaborating again its going to be a damn good book and well they blew me away with this one. Its no secret I am a huge fan of TL Smiths but through in Melissa Jane and I get giddy.

I made the mistake of starting his book as I was going to bed one night at 10.30pm! the mistake was starting it that late as once I did I couldn't put it down until I had finished it and when I looked at the clock it was 2.30am! who needs sleep anyway?
Clare Harrison
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The perfect reletionship, the perfect marriage, but behind closed doors theres a different story unfolding.

She doesn't understand what's happening and why her fairytale is crumbling around her.

He sees her but does nothing. He has so many secrets hes unable to share.

They hearts may be entwined, but they are strangers to each other.

Why is the past coming into the present to destroy their happily ever after...

Oh what a deliciously seductive tale of many layers.

Secrets and lies, hidden meanings in
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sever - T L Smith and Melissa Jane

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Holy cow, what have I just read???

A dark, sordid exploration of the human condition but also an incredibly powerful and emotional journey of realisation for the characters of this story.

Blythe and Shawn Cooper had what started out as the perfect young marriage. Everything they ever wanted until the day Shawn no longer wanted Blythe. His indifference to her was gut wrenching and very confronting to read. Blythe’s stoicism was incredibly touching, but at the
SaraLou
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the easiest 5 stars I've ever given.

Beware of a wolf in sheeps clothing.....

Sever by T.L. Smith and Melissa Jane is a mindblowing, addicting read that had me so intrigued from the start, that I inhaled it in one go.

Blythe Cooper married the love of her life, nothing and no-one could break them apart. The love and passion they have for each other is constant - until it isn't. Shawn becomes distant, won't look at her, barely talks to her, won't touch her but why? Walking away from her marri
Jean Dewsbury
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blythe thought she had a love and trust that could never be broken with her husband Shawn. until it was.
This is one emotional intense read about the lengths one man will go to when he wants what is not his to take.
Not everything is as it appears or is it. The lies betrayal the secrets and the heartache and destruction of what believed was forever was ripped out from in underneath Blythe, as the world she knew is gone forever. The lives of these characters are amazing complex captivating. I can't
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Beware of a wolf in sheep’s clothing, Blythe, because he will pack one hell of a bite.”

Can you pinpoint when a heart shatters? When is love no longer enough? When all hope is lost? Blythe has given her husband a year to show any small sign that he still wants her but pushed to breaking point she throws in the towel on her once fairytale marriage. Deception, misdirection and a whole world of confusion is Blythe’s new reality but can she find her way back to happiness?

This was something else, I’
Nicole Powell
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
T.L Smith and Melissa Jane did the most amazing job of co-writing Sever.
Right from the start I was hit with the suspense this book held, and I'm excited to say it was one I could not put down!

Blythe is an interior designer who feels like her world is crumbling beneath her. When she feels she's hit rock bottom the Big Bad Wolf swoops in and she takes comfort in him. Can her past become her future once more, or will the secrets and heartbreak destroy her.

Sever started of with a bang and it's very
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Woah! My emotions are haywire! TL Smith and Melissa Jane have completely hit this dark romance right out of the park, out of this world! My mind is still reeling by what happened. There is so much I was to say! So much I want to talk about! This book is completely different to what I was expecting and I was absolutely captivated.

It is full of angst, and heat, and darkness. Twists I actually never saw coming. I was so incredibly captivated but at the same time I had to put the book down a couple
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Speechless! Absolutely freaking SPEECHLESS! I can’t even explain the wild ride I was just taken on! I didn’t expect ANY OF THAT! This book defiantly has to be read and go in knowing that you know nothing! Every thought I had blown to pieces in seconds!

I can’t divulge anymore without giving a spoiler just know that the wolf is always lurking!
Crystal Wilke
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot damn!!! That was intense. Melissa is a new author to me but I have read T.L.'s work. These two authors together are brilliant and a force to be reckoned with. They will keep you on your toes and give you a BIG jaw dropping moment.

Sever is brilliantly written and a gripping story. I didn't want to put it down and when I did it was on my mind to find out what happens next. Seriously you have to read Sever. Shawn, Kane and Blythe's story will rock your world and leave you wanting more.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L. Smith loves to write her characters with flaws so beautiful and dark that you can’t turn away from. Her books have been translated into several languages. If you don’t find her in her home town of Queensland, Australia you can usually find her travelling around the world to sitting on a beach in Bali, to exploring Alcatraz in San Francisco or walking the streets ...more