Start by marking “Brutal & Raw (Beneventi Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Brutal & Raw (Beneventi Family, #1)

Brutal & Raw

(Beneventi Family #1)

He wanted everything. He could have my nothings too.

My whole life, I've been running, living just under the radar. The day I arrived on the East Coast, looking for a new start, I found an end instead. One careless night landed me in the hands of a dark mafia boss, who wanted nothing more than to render me a numberto eviscerate my identity with his brutal mind game.

327.

That
Kindle Edition
Published January 23rd 2020

To ask other readers questions about Brutal & Raw, please sign up.
Sonya Jesus Remember the scene in the bathroom, Wash-It-Off? That was a very important chapter and has lots of clues about Book 2.

There's going to be some…more

There's going to be some twists.

(less)
Sonya Jesus Hi Lisa!
This is not a stand-alone book. The prequel, 31 Kisses, can be read as stand-alone.
This book is an HFN (kind of), and the plot thickens and…more
Hi Lisa!
This book is an HFN (kind of), and the plot thickens and continues on through the series. (less)

Start your review of Brutal & Raw (Beneventi Family, #1)
KarenLou NorthandSouthBlog
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy SHIT!! If I could give thus book more than 5 stars I would!

Another outstanding dark read by Sonya Jesus. You know from the first page that you wont be able to put it down.

You meet 327. Yes thats a number not a name, she is on the run from the butcher. And from him. Breaker.
After having her life spiral out of control 327 finds herself in the worst place on Earth, a mafia farm. Where women are trafficked to satisfy the rich or the ones willing to turn a blind eye to it. But breaker seems
Gigi
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This is some Gone Girl mixed with Black Swan and Queen of the South mixed in lol. When is the movie???

Deliciously dark and well-written. A chilling psychological thriller. There was no compromising characters or holding out on their true instincts. If you're expecting sweet, this isn't it. It's brutal on emotions and will rub your heart raw like nothing else you've ever read. At least for me. From the freakin prologue my heart was pounding and it didn't stop until the very last page.

Addie
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
46218093._SY475_

Not quite sure just how to rate this one, it was certainly different and unique with that whole farm concept but it was just really difficult to get my head around the whole shocking and dehumanising scenario.
I went into this fairly blind and if I'm honest if I'd know just quite what I was getting myself into with this I think it would have been a hard pass from me.
This was filled with things that stretched my boundaries way past what I was comfortable with.
So this is dark romance, not that I
Fre06 Begum
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Angela
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to meet the darkness that is Breaker Beneventi .
This story is so dark and delicious, it will have your heart racing and your skin crawling .

Breaker is what Costa Beneventi made him, cruel and unforgiving. When truths come to light we see how cruel and unforgiving he can be .

She is 327, she has a name , but on the farm she is 327 .
Even after her escape her sleep is full of nightmares, and her days are full of watching her back .

This book has so many twists and turns it will keep you on
Julie
What a story. A story that disgusted and terrified me, a story that shook me to my bones. A story that grabbed me and insisted that I devour every suspenseful and horrendous experience that 327 endured.

We get to meet the cruel darkness that is Breaker Beneventi. Hes frightening, confusing and scary in his unpredictability. And his weakness is 327
She doesnt truly know her hold on Breaker. Even after her escape from the farm she still hasnt slept properly, she has nightmares and her days are spent
Angela
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Wow!! This book certainly lives up to the title- Brutal & Raw!!! This latest offering from Sonya Jesus is a dark, gripping, and intense ride. The action starts right from the beginning, and drags you into the story kicking and screaming. So many times I wanted to shut the book and turn away from the bloody and violent details, but the story is so compelling I really needed to know how everything turns out.
The characters are fully realised individuals, with their own personalities,
J. Ockenhouse
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
BRUTAL AND RAW brings the definition of secrets and family drama to depths you can't even fathom.

It came full throttle right from the first sentence and took me on a white-knuckled ride. The twists, trust issues that will form, jaw-dropping moments and family drama are just some of what you will encounter.

327 has a bucket full of secrets and even though she tried to not, her connection to Breaker is not as simple as you think when you read the blurb. Breaker is evil but the questions are how
Amanda M
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A mind blowing dark mafia story. An intense, gripping page turner that'll leave you wanting more. So twisted you won't see what's coming. A masterpiece in itself. You won't want to miss this book. I highly recommend reading.
Maria
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read something this good, this well thought out, and this intense in awhile. Yeah, it was dark, but I LOVE DARK ROMANCE. The psychological aspect is so well researched and spot on! Damn i was impressed.

Breaker is badd ass! This is all about a new boss who is coming to terms with his new life and his new feelings. Breaker doesn't love, anyone. Or rather he thinks he doesn't. I loved his journey. I love when villains get a soul and having read this author's other books, i know this is
K. Lynn
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 Stars for this dark thriller. My only issue is it lacked the romantic/romance part. Wow! This novel was incredibly well written. A nail biter with twists that will leave you shocked. The storyline is original and relevant considering what we hear on the news these days. Do not even begin to think you know what is going to happen next because you will be wrong. Heed the trigger warnings and content warnings and do not read if you do not like very dark romances. I loved Addie and my heart ...more
Stephanie Anderson-cochran
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god this book will have you going crazy trying to figure out what happens next! Sonya is a mastermind with messing with emotions. I didnt know how I felt about Breaker, she made me hate him.... or did I? She made me crazy in the best way. I loved 327, I understood why she felt the way she did and why. This is such an amazing demented story, a must read for someone who likes dark twisted characters and the one strong enough to survive it!
Sonya Jesus
Jun 09, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Follow the progress and check in for some sneak peeks into this darker series.

Ps. If you love villains, you just might hate falling for Breaker Beneventi.
Debi
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing

5 ++++++++ Stars

Oh my word!! WOW!! Not sure where to start with this review.

This is my second book by this author and Im completely blown away, like sitting here trying to figure out what I just read. I have to confess that when I was at the very beginning I was a bit worried because I was more than a little confused as to what was happening, but that lasted about 5 minutes and then I was so
Debra Phiri
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Left me with a feeling of umm, what did I just read? Debra @ Janises Jivin Book Blog

How this book made me feel is complicated! As is the story in its darkness, tragedy, and complicated love.

Our characters are all bad in some way. It is not an easy story to read or even fully understand as you are filled with drama and not a full grasp of who these people are with, too and for each other. It is not a simple, cut and dried story.

One of the best things about it is you dont have it easy. You are
Suzannah
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal & Raw is book one in the Beneventi Family series by Sonya Jesus. Jesus spins a master tale about a woman horribly abused and yet drawn to her captor. This is a complex human tableau with psychological grit, nail-biting horror, and dark romance. A highly compelling story that pulls you in and holds you captive. I couldnt put it down.
Dangerously in love with books
Ok... I dont know how I feel about it. ...more
TRISH BROWN
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy Sh!t... I have just finished this beauty. My first by Sonya Jesus.

I remember reading the blurb and thinking GOT TO READ THIS! Read it I did... devoured is more like it.

BRUTAL & RAW is a DARK Mafia, psychological thriller. It IS brutal & raw but for a dark book Id expect nothing less. This book is gripping. Ive never read anything like it in storyline before.

Absolutely SUPERB!!!!
Joyffree
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
Definitely plays on the darker side of man's insanity
Holy Ch it!

I was not sure what I expected going in but it sure wasn't the yummy darkness I discovered.
I will never look at gourmet pet feed the same again, I just wanted to share that.
The overall story idea was ... Wow
The Farm was a new concept for me, in the romance genre anyway, and I must say it changed the overall topography and added a bit more to the story line
We go back and forth a bit from present to past as the author builds the
Jenny
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal & Raw: (Beneventi Family Book 1) by Sonya Jesus
5 of 5 Stars
Wow, I was literally hooked from page one until I turned the last page of this psychological mafia romance thriller. This was a fast paced attention grabbing book by Sonya Jesus which I could not put down. The story centres around the Beneventi Family, a dark, powerful and dangerous mafia family. We are introduced to a female known only as 327, 327. Thats what he called me. Thats all I was to him. Breaker Beneventi a handsome,
Erin Figueiredo
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! BRUTAL, RAW AND GRUESOME - AMAZING!

OMG! This is one gruesome, gritty and very dark story. Definitely not for the faint of heart! If you don't enjoy reading about very dark and depraved subjects - this book is not for you. This amazing author throws us down a rabbit hole made for the highly depraved and twisted. She takes us on a very intense and dark roller coaster ride that's not made for the weak! Buckle up this one gets twisty!

This story about 327 and Breaker had me mesmerized and
Felicia
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brutal and Raw is not a read for the meek.

Dark doesnt even begin to describe this story. Its gross and gory and evil and so twisted, I believed someone lied and there was no way this is a romance.

But I kept reading. (What does that say about me?)

Breaker Beneventi is the new head of his Mafia family. There may be crime families that deal in drugs, prostitution, and extortion but this isnt one of those families. His familys enterprise is evil and has a human cost. This is how Lyla Vaughn aka 327
thehotmesslibrary
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Brutal & Raw is the first book in the Beneventi family series by Sonya Jesus and boy is it a dark read. Told from the point of view of main characters Lyla Vaughn, also know as number 327 and Breaker Beneventi. Lyla is caught up in a trafficking ring and catches the eye of Breaker who starts to develop feelings for her, but this is definitely a game of cat and mouse and Breaker cant be seen as having feelings or having a favourite. We see this story develop from Lylas escape from not only ...more
Michelle Austin
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal & Raw was a great very dark 5 star read and book one in the Beneventi Family.
All I can say is this title was perfect for this story, it was brutal and raw and I loved it! I was pulled in right from the beginning.

She was known as 327, they never called them by their names because they didnt want to humanize them. But there was something about 327 that drew Breaker in, he spent time with her specifically and told her things about the family. Knowing that she was getting too close to him
Karyn Taylor
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal & Raw is Book 1 in the Beneventi Series by Sonya Jesus. Jesus is a new author to me and if this book is anything to go by then Im sure this series is going to be outstanding. I absolutely loved this book. I was instantly gripped from the very beginning and was not let go until the story ended. Even then, I think I was still enmeshed in this fantastically woven tale.
Lyla Vaughn has escaped from the clutches of mafia boos Breaker Beneventi and has no intention of ever being captured by
Lyndsey Fairley
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So before i get into this, I will say if you haven't read Thirty One Kisses, read that first. Its an introduction of this family and will help answer questions that would arise in Brutal & Raw if you didnt meet them yet.
This book, wow where on earth do i start? 327 is just a number and has somehow made her way into Breakers heart in a very fast amount of time. But being a mafia boss, a new one at that, he can't have a weakness and he definitely doesn't believe in love or feelings.
327, has
joanne ellis
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
He wanted everything, and therefore, he could have my nothings too....

On a careless night, a girl found herself in the hands of a mafia boss, who wanted nothing more than to play mind games with her and through this, gave her the the identity known as 327! Thats what he called her.

But then, Breaker Beneventi told 327, all his family secrets found a way into her heart and then ordered her death. He set her free, knowing all too well the butcher would find her, and he will do this by searching for
Laura Furuta
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brutal & Raw: Mafia Romance & Psychological Thriller (Beneventi Family Book 1)
By Sonya Jesus
5 out of 5 stars

The story Brutal & Raw: Mafia Romance & Psychological Thriller (Beneventi Family Book 1) by Sonya Jesus is a dark and thrilling book that had me wondering what was going to happen next. It is a story that had me on the edge of my seat. It is the story of Breaker Beneventi and the one he calls 327. It is an emotional journey that includes twists and turns that I didnt see
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sonya Jesus is a new to me author, and HOLY HELL FOLKS! This story was crazy good, though I was over flowing with all kinds of rage filled emotions. If you love dark romance, then this story is definitely for you, as it even messed with my dark & twisty head more than once or twice. I don't really want to get into many details as I don't want people to decide from my review, as I'm a complicated reviewer. There are times that I seriously HATE the hero or should I say anti-hero, and Breaker ...more
Michelle King
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dark romance? Sign me up! I love a good dark romance! So I started reading this and after the first chapter Im like wheres the romance??? And this is way beyond darkevil, gruesome, bloody, and Im not sure what Im reading! BUT I keep reading and then I cant STOP reading! Im not sure what it says about me but I became totally invested in these characters!

My mother always told me I was attracted to guys who I thought needed to be fixed. I always see the good in people even when there isnt any
« previous 1 3 next »
Release Date Announcement! January 23, 2020 1 2 Nov 21, 2019 09:17AM
Sneak Peek 3 1 2 Oct 11, 2019 05:28AM
Sneak Peek 2! 1 2 Jun 24, 2019 07:07PM
Sneak Peeks! 1 2 Jun 11, 2019 10:59AM

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Mountains Loved (Mountains, #3)
  • Mountains Climbed (Mountains, #2)
  • Mountains Series Boxed Set: (Books 1-3)
  • Mountains Wanted (Mountains, #1)
  • 2am Secrets
  • King & Hunt: A Lust / Hate Story
  • Moonlit Mirage - A Cook Islands Romance (Moonlit Destination Series)
  • Forget Nico: Falling for the Wrong Italian (The Italian Saga #3)
  • Chasing Starlight
  • Imposter (Ash Park, #7)
  • Scoring Chance : A Mile High Miners Novella
  • The Explorer (Mountains, #6)
  • Before the Second Show
  • Rewind Boxed Set
  • In Other Words (Boothbay Harbor Series, #1)
  • The Sister Pact: Home is Where The Heart is
  • Devil's Spawn (Satan's Devils MC Colorado Chapter #6)
Who am I?

Basically, Im a fiction writing science nerd, who balances Ph.D. work with my imagination. I love the way writing fiction liberates my mind and allows me the freedom to be creative. A large portion of my time is devoted to turning dreams into reality and the other portion to loving and embracing life. When Im not writing or trying to investigate the inner workings of the microbial world,