Start by marking “10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi, #3)” as Want to Read:
10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi, #3)

10 Things I Hate About Pinky

(Dimple and Rishi #3)

The follow-up to When Dimple Met Rishi and There’s Something about Sweetie follows Pinky and Samir as they pretend to date—with disastrous and hilarious results.

Pinky Kumar wears the social justice warrior badge with pride. From raccoon hospitals to persecuted rock stars, no cause is too esoteric for her to champion. But a teeny-tiny part of her also really enjoys making h
Published July 21st 2020 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about 10 Things I Hate About Pinky, please sign up.
Jean It can be read as a stand alone. There is reference to their friend Ashish, from There's Something About Sweetie, but not needed to enjoy the story. (…moreIt can be read as a stand alone. There is reference to their friend Ashish, from There's Something About Sweetie, but not needed to enjoy the story. (That book also has more detail about Samir and his mother's relationship)(less)

Start your review of 10 Things I Hate About Pinky (Dimple and Rishi, #3)
Christy

description
“I don’t think we could be more opposite if we were custom-designed to be.”

I love the way Sandhya Menon writes YA and after meeting Pinky and Samir in ‘There’s Something About Sweetie’ I was thrilled to get their story. I love a good opposites attract romance and when I saw it was a fake dating romance… SOLD.

Pinky is a rebel and a bit of a wild child but she’s sick of her mom always thinking the worst of her. She ends up letting it slip that she has a respectable boyfriend
Mrinmayi
Jul 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
IF I DON'T GET UP AND DANCE AT A BOLLYWOOD BEAT WHILE READING THIS BOOK I WON'T CONSIDER IT A SUCCESS!!!

Whom am I kidding...I will probably dance like this😂😅

After some thought...I think I will dance like this..

This Gif is from the song Zingaat
If you haven't heard it...GO AND LISTEN TO IT NOW!!!

But I SHOULD FEEL LIKE DANCING TO A BOLLYWOOD SONG AFTER READING THIS!!!

Why I am excited to read this:
1)FAKE DATING TROPE!
2)Opposites attract but Desi!!!
3)Pinky is relatable
4)Samir is definitely my type of
Heather
Jul 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Menon's books are always so adorable and fun. I enjoyed reading about Pinky & Samir's story and how they began their ruse of fake dating.
I think my favorite in the series is still There's Something about Sweetie. I just adored that one but this one is equally cute.
Fanna
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
August 03, 2020: 10 Things I Hate About Pinky lists all the perfect ingredients of a YA contemporary and mixes everything to create a story of unexpected love, familial tension, voicing concerns, and summer days. It justifies as the third and last instalment of Dimpleverse by materialising the perfect boyfriend who not only proves to be a catch for the girl but also a gem for the parents; and by making the girl a fierce, adamant, and slightly flawed teen.

Representation : Indian-American MCs.
aarya
2020 Fall Bingo (#fallintorombingo🍁): ‪Pets

This is adorable. Pinky’s contentious relationship with her mom, Pinky’s opposites-attract sparks with Samir — all of it worked for me. This one plot-hole really confused me, though. Why did Pinky’s parents let Samir stay in their New England summer house without contacting his mom? Just... he shows up randomly one day and says “hey my DC internship fell through. Can I stay with my fake girlfriend’s family for the entire summer instead of flying hom
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Top Five Reasons to Read and Love 10 Things I Hate About Pinky

1. Lovable characters that are far from perfect and so darn relatable.
2. Swoon worthy romances that are always deliciously slow building.
3. Diverse group of characters that will steal your heart.
4. Great escape read that will leave you with a smile on your face and a warmth in your heart.
5. Outstanding writing that is every bit as memorizing as it is fun and entertaining.

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review
nitya
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Note: Thank you to the author for providing an e-arc in exchange for a review!

Even in a world full of fear, uncertainty and chaos, it's so reassuring to read a Sandhya Menon novel and know what I will encounter: smart, brave and wonderful desi girls, soft cinnamon roll love interests, focus on sisterhood and most importantly, a happy ending and no one dies!

Honestly, while enemies to lovers isn't my favorite trope, fake dating definitely is my jam so to encounter both in the book? I APPROVE.

Now
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was ok
No, I just cannot do this.

I love fluffy, dramatic YA with many characters and all. But I never learn, do I?

A sincere advice to myself: Don't pick up the third book when you didn't like the first two books.

What put me off:

This is the third book for god's sakes!

The characters do not develop at all.

The first book was an average read for me but still the characters and the story were fine.

But now we have come to the third book, I want more plot development, more character development and not just
Tani
May 21, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So y'all telling me that you're not freaking out because this one has fake dating trope but with Indian protagonists. Yeah, I get it. {sarcasm}
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
A delightful rom-com addition to YA.

When I was reading There's Something About Sweetie, I instantly knew sparks are going to start flying between Pinky and Samir eventually s. They are the complete opposite of one another. Pinky is the social butterfly who's committed to changing the world in a splashy manner; meanwhile, Samir is a homeschooled boy who wakes up every day following the schedule he wrote on his planner. He's a rule follower while she's the rulebreaker. Who doesn't love an opposite
Anniek
If you need a joyful, funny read, pick this up! It's the perfect summer read and such a delightful romcom! My only regret is that I didn't reread all the other books once again.

Fake dating is really my fave right now and the trope was so well done here - feelings slowly but steadily creep in. I also loved how this wasn't just an (adorable!) romance, it was also a story about the relationship between Pinky and her mother, who seem like they are opposites, but maybe they have more in common than i
Cindy ✩☽♔
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Sahitya
Probably more of a 3.5.

It’s been a while since I’ve read a book that was pure fun, so I finally decided to read this ARC because Sandhya’s books always make me smile. And this one didn’t disappoint.

The writing in the book is so easy to get involved in that I literally flew through the book. There are also many hilarious moments throughout which made me smile a lot. However, owing to the personalities of Pinky and her mom, there were a lot of arguments and confrontations which were interesting in
Swetlana (The Caffeinated Bookworm Life)
1) When Dimple Met Rishi - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
2) There's Something About Sweetie - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
3) 10 Things I Hate About Pinky - To Be Released

June 11th, 2019

Y'all. We got A TITLE and a kind of a SYNOPSIS and our MCs and I am here for all of it! This has the fake dating trope. I love, love, love the fake dating trope so, so much! Plus, like I've loved everything Sandhya Menon has released so far and I'm certain this won't be any different! Is it late spring/early summer 2020 yet? IS IT.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram
kav (xreadingsolacex)
10 Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon is the final book, for now hopefully, set in the Dimple-verse. It follows the story of Pinky Kumar and Samir Jha, who we met in There's Something About Sweetie.

Unsurprisingly, I adored this novel with my whole entire heart. The first two books set in the Dimple-verse, as well as Menon's sophomore novel, From Twinkle, With Love are some of my favorite books of all-time. And Menon is one of my absolute favorite authors of all-time.

Okay, I'm going to ma
Stacee
Jul 24, 2020 rated it liked it

I’ve been a fan of Pinky since the first time we saw her and I was quite excited for the fake dating slash hate to love...sadly, for me this one wasn’t up to the same level at the other two books.

Pinky and Samir are both good characters. She’s passionate and he’s steadfast and there’s so much damn potential between them. I didn’t quite see their connection between them and found myself setting the book down more often than not.

Plot wise, it was okay. There’s a bit of repetitiveness an
Melissa
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Without any surprise, another 5 stars book from Sandhya Menon! My heart exploded in a million heart emojis when I finished reading it. I knew that any story with Pinky would be good, but I wasn't prepared for it to be this good🥰

Many thanks to Simon and Schuster Canada for the complimentary e-copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
michelle (magical reads)
3.5 stars (but a good 3.5 stars!!)

read on my blog

**I received an ARC as a part of Sandhya Menon's street team. These are my honest opinions, and in no way was I compensated for this review.**

rep: ownvoices Indian-American protagonists and side characters, Chinese-American side character

Pinky was in need of a boyfriend. A perfect summer boyfriend.

Sandhya’s contemporary books are the best and I love being on her street team! I was so excited for the next installment in the Dimple and Rishi uni
Maha
May 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i am trash. rtc.
belle ☆ミ (thisbellereadstoo)
sandhya menon writes about strong and independent desi girls who are doing some good in the world. i flew through 10 things i hate about pinky. the slow burning romance left me wanting more, the delicateness when handling family issues made everything more relatable, and the growth and maturity of all the characters (including the side characters) were impressive. in the dimple & rishi series, apart from the romances, sandhya menon has always emphasised on parent-child relationship. this one is ...more
Katie (patronusaurus reads)
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, june-2020, arc
I think this is my favorite of Sandhya Menon's books to date.

It has my two favorite romance tropes--enemies to lovers AND fake dating trope--with a bit of "opposites attract" thrown in there as well. I knew as soon as these characters appeared in There's Something About Sweetie that they would have their own book, because their banter was too electric for them NOT to have one! Their relationship was just slow-burn enough to have me on the edge of my seat while I was reading, but not so much that
Creya
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and Simon and Schuster for providing a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

WHO DOESN’T LOVE FAKE DATING?!? And in the Dimple and Rishi universe???? SIGN ME UP.

This is a story about how opposites attract. It also gave some major Friends vibes... please refer to “The One With the List.” Sandhya Menon is the bomb and I will read all of her books no matter what they are about.

A note to my husband, prompted by this read:
Thanks for always staying calm when
halfirishgrin
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It should be no surprise to anyone that I love Sandhya Menon's books, so when I saw 10 Things I Hate About Pinky up on Edelweiss, I immediately downloaded it and basically binge read it. I have no regrets.

If you're a fan of Menon's other books, especially if you loved When Dimple Met Rishi, you will love this!

Like Menon's other books, Pinky is filled with a lot of heart and humour, along with an entire cast of Desi characters. Pinky and Samir are two characters that I think a lot of people will
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Sandhya's covers are always so beautiful!

TheEuphoricZat
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have always loved all of Sandhya Menon books but this one is just hitting it for me. I don't think it was the book, it was just the time I read it. So I might be a little pessimistic with my review. However, I plan on reading this book again soon when my thesis is not oppressing me.
We follow Pinky and Samir who are characters that we know a bit of them from the other books in the Dimple and Rishi Universe (I heard rumors that there would be a movie adaptation of the first book and I am hoping
Flavia
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
A digital copy of this book was kindly provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Sandhya Menon has done it again! 10 Things I Hate About Pinky was such a fun read! It was especially fun to read during the summer months because the setting is so summer-themed. The setting, Pinky’s family’s summer house in Cape Cod, is actually one of my favourite parts about the book. Menon’s descriptions really took me there, feeling the heat, smelling ice cream, sunscreen, and saltwater, as wel
Crystal
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was debating between 4 and 5 stars then remembered the opossum. 5 Stars.
Janani(ஜனனி)
Oct 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
i don't know why the cover hasn't been updated yet.

i would die again and again for the cover and fake date trope. that's it.
Michaela (Journey into Books)
Jun 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
*I would like to thank Netgalley and the author for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review*

I adore Sandhya Menon novels and this one was no exception.

In this book we are back in the Dimple Met Rishi universe this time following the stories of Pinky and Samir who the summer before their senior year agree to fake a relationship however as time goes on they start falling for each other but are their personalities just too different for them to make it work?
Pinky may be my favour
Amairo
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Oh. My Gosh! I so much love this book. I read it in one day, it was so interesting and I couldn't put it down.

The story is super mesmerizing and have really important messages, that was woven skillfully into this rom-com book. I love Sandhya's style of writing too. It made me so happy and I can't wait for all the people to read it.

I'm a little bitter it's so far the last book in Dimple and Rishi universe and I hope there would be some more in the future.

A fluffy love story that for sure will

• I'll Be the One
  • More Than Just a Pretty Face
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Go with the Flow
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con, #3)
  • A Deadly Education (Scholomance, #1)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • The Voting Booth
  • His Royal Highness
  • Today Tonight Tomorrow
  • Almost American Girl
  • Foul Is Fair
  • The Year of the Witching
  • The Heir Affair (Royal We, #2)
  • Wonderland
Sandhya Menon is the New York Times bestselling author of several novels with lots of kissing, girl power, and swoony boys. Her books have been featured in several cool places, including on The Today Show, Teen Vogue, NPR Book Review, Buzzfeed, and Seventeen. A full-time dog servant and part-time writer, she makes her home in the foggy mountains of Colorado.

Dimple and Rishi (3 books)
  • When Dimple Met Rishi (Dimple and Rishi, #1)
  • There's Something About Sweetie (Dimple and Rishi, #2)