Start by marking “Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking” as Want to Read:
Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking

Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking

2.74  ·  Rating details ·  218 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Jay was a maharaja's heir and billionaire businessman, and he'd hired Keira as his interior designer. But why did she turn from hot to cold and then back again? Was she a manipulating gold digger who was using the red-hot chemistry between them to try to increase her financial reward?Then Jay discovered that Keira was a virgin! And, according to his code, the cost of takin ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin For The Billionaire's Taking

Holly
Jan 16, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequin
This was so awful. I read this before I went to bed and now of course I can't sleep because I'm still pissed off.

Jay is a rude, loathsome, foul little beast. Death is too good for this illogical and judgmental fiend from hell. Who in their right mind could ever love this guy, much less want to be around him?! Instead of the rather nauseating descriptions of their lovemaking, I think I would have preferred scenes of CBT. Yes, for those of you who know, you just read that correctly. And I don't m
willaful
Harlequin Presents made a big deal out of this book featuring their first hero from India. Apparently that was as much innovation as they could stand, because not only is he indistinguishable from Western heroes other than frequently mentioning the "Kama Sutra" -- see? See how Indian he is? He mentioned the Kama Sutra! -- but he is in the classic highly old-fashioned Presents mode, thinking the heroine is a whore every time another man blinks at her. Add in a highly unsatisfying ending, in which ...more
Dianna
Short version:

Keira is in India for a wedding and to take up an interior design job when she encounters Jay, who is immediately and firmly convinced that she is a hooker. Surprisingly, this is not a deal-breaker to their romance.

Long version:

At twenty-eight, Keira has her own successful interior design business, and she’s in the fictional city of Ralapur in India to attend the wedding of two university friends, and to start work on a property development in the area. At her friend’s wedding she
willaful
If you must read this -- and I don't recommend it -- get a print copy. The ebook formatting has so many unnecessary hyphens, it’s like reading a romance novel written by Tik-Tok of Oz.

Classic Jordan -- scared virgin meets hero with instant, extremely inaccurate Whore-dar. Unfortunately, this was written in 2008 not 1978, and was supposed to be somewhat innovative, since it features an Indian hero. (A Maharajah’s son, of course -- this is still a modern Harlequin Presents!)

This was an accidental
Romina
Mar 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Worst hero and heroine ever. Coming off romance for a while cause this book truly disgusted me.
Dimple Gohil

I would not recommend it there's nothing Indian about this book nor does it anywhere describe India except in the name of the characters like jay arjun etc.

Im not usually this blunt. But i wish to save a few hours of your life that u wont get back, i only wish i had read the reviews before i reac this book. My only excuse is that the author has delighted me and most of her stories and I did not expect this of her.

This book is horrible. If you start to read it, and I recommend that you do not r
Sinece Vialva
Apr 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
What.The.F**k.Did i just read? SPOILERSSSSSS! sorry for the obscenity but it's late and NEVER has a book pissed me off this much that I HAD to finish it and then Rant in a review.

Its after 2 in the morning and I just finished reading this monstrosity. Who the hell published this and whyyy? The hero was a complete asshole, i kept waiting for him to stop but the ENTIRE time he was a complete d**k! and then suddenly she's in love? like wtf are you even in lo
Melinda
Oct 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This was so bad! He's an abuser and asswipe and she is a victim. I kept waiting for Keira to self injure herself because of the amount of emotional and mental abuse she experienced as a child and the lasting trauma of it into her adulthood.

There are certain tropes of romance that I thought had ended. The guy who thinks that you are less than dirty cannot be someone you fall in love with. How do you fall in love with someone who treats you like crap from your first meeting? He thinks she's a pro
C Joy
Nov 12, 2010 rated it did not like it
A disappointment.

This is one of those annoying Harlequin stories that are a waste of time. The further I read it my heart clenched and hoped that things would get better. I didn't like the characters, they only think with their bodies and everything was based on lust. I hated Jay he's such an overbearing and demeaning hero it's a wonder why the heroine is attracted to him at all aside from his physical qualities.

The author wasn't able to justify the attraction other than the devotion to ambition
Gayatri Tulshyan
Dec 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
If I could give it negative starts then I would have liked that! Well, to be honest I didnt read further than the paragarph where the author mentions that the hero liked to have married women as his lovers because they came with low maintenance.

I read this books because they provide you with a hero, a man but not a Jerk, what kind of moral is that he prefers married women? totally sick!!! even more, I am totally disappointed. being an Indian, I really hated that point. This kind of jerk have ne
Caro
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: virgin-heroin
Él es un poco histérico y ella una pobre chica zarandeada por los sentimientos de este jeque implacable. Engancha bastante y la tensión sexual es buena. Ya hacia el final me daban ganas de darle una patada al prota, pero bueno, lo superé xD.
Ms_prue
Jan 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
He is an abusive, domineering slimebag and she's a messed up, self-flagellating doormat. This book could be useful as a spotter's guide for disrespectful and harassing behaviour, but it doesn't work for me as a romance. Not even a little bit.
Kelley
Jun 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Horribly written story. This book was almost torture to read. Would not recommend.
Ritsky
This book is "so bad it's amusing", thus the two star.

I know that sexist hero is nothing new in HP series. But seriously, this is the first book I read where every time the hero talks to the heroine he would always blurt a sexist comment. EVERY. FRICKIN. TIME. At first I was like "what the heck's wrong with this man????" but after several pages it becomes amusing. VERY AMUSING. Add to it the fact the world (every side character, every dialog) seem to conspire to put the wrong message into the h
Renee-Emilie Roberge
Mar 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
Ugh! This book is offensive for every woman and for the entire population of India. He calls her a whore and a prostitute during the ENTIRE BOOK! But at the end he said that he's in love with her and she agree to marry him!? That's why feminism exist! Because every women need to be proud of herself and have a decent self-esteem. It's not ok to be treated like a doormat by your boyfriend just because you talk to another man for your work! My God! This book was publish in 2008 and I can't believe ...more
KC
I didn't think Jay was that horrible a hero, I've read of worse. He definitely needed to apologize for his horribly wrong assumption about Keira, whom I liked. There were good doses of passion, chemistry, and angst to keep my attention. I thought the ending was good.

Note: Jay's proposal didn't play a crucial part in moving the plot forward as the synopsis indicated.
Jenny
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
I adore Penny Jordan but this book's characters were too one-dimensional.
Elle Markov
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Jay is an ass and Keira is so messed up. she has absolutely no self respect, the characters in this book were poorly developed, the only goo thing was the sexual tension it kept you hook.
Ariana
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: penny-jordan
So, I liked this story. I won't give it five or four stars because of Jay. Even though he changed at the end, at the beginning he was the biggest jerk of all times. I can't understand how poor Keira could work with him with that horrible opinion he had about her. But the end was beautiful, I really liked the way they start trusting in each other. It took a lot of time... but it eventually end well.
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Oh Jay I know you did almost everything you could to make her hate you, but instead she fell in love with you... Seriously...
I laughed a lot (for the wrong reasons but I did laugh) so it deserved an extra star
Melanie Janvier
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like jay's ephiphany. It felt rushed. Maybe if he found out her true nature on its own it would make it- practical. But i understand where his judgement comes from the whole " every apple is bad " presumption.
Jessica
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I must confess that I found it really refreshing to finally read an MB set in India with an Indian male protagonist - that made it instantly likeable. Of course, it helped that I liked the plot and the characters too!
Rexanne
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A classic Harlequin tale, haha.
-Alpha male hero, feisty heroine
-Virgin, seduction and all cliched stuff from this line (although I must say it didn't bore me haha)
-Steamy with just the right hint of romance
-Like most books from this line, I found the ending too hurried and fast-paced :(
Tia
Dec 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Decent novel, although I wasn't impressed with it, as much as Penny's other novels. I will definitely miss seeing more of Penny's novels come out. Her death was a huge loss for everyone.
Megan
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this a long long time ago!

Penny Jordan was a fantastic fantastic writer. I always loved her books.
Georgia Mourikis
Mar 24, 2012
Pooja Saraf
rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Caroline Beaudoin
Nov 03, 2015
Beeg Panda
rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2013
  • Ruthless Awakening
  • The Prince's Royal Concubine
  • Pleasured in the Billionaire's Bed
  • The Virgin's Price
  • The Magnate's Indecent Proposal (Taken by the Millionaire,)
  • At the Sheikh's Bidding
  • Playboy Boss, Live-In Mistress
  • The Sheikh's Unwilling Wife
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire
  • Virgin on Her Wedding Night
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...