Start by marking “Chasing A Flawed Sun” as Want to Read:
Chasing A Flawed Sun

Chasing A Flawed Sun

★"Riveting" ★      ★"I Couldn't put it down!"★       ★"Not just another addiction memoir" ★      ★"Must read!" ★

The phrase Heroin saved my life could be considered both controversial and even offensive to some.  However in Chasing a flawed sun the author shows us how after breaking him down and almost taking his life several times, the battle with the drug did

Published June 6th 2019 by Phoenix Rising Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Chasing A Flawed Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing A Flawed Sun

Start your review of Chasing A Flawed Sun
Yellagirlgc
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daniel McGhee tells an honest and unapologetic truth about his years in active addiction. He didn't discriminate in which drugs he tried. If it was available to him he used it. This is his story as well as a glimpse into partial stories of those he was around.
I don't read many non fiction books but I liked this one. He didn't sugarcoat anything. Its a story I believe anyone touched by addiction in anyway should read.
Cherish
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story and journey was very enlightening to me. It's something I've never experienced and I've never had anyone close go through this, so I would never acquire this type of understanding without reading this book. I finished this book in 5 days. I couldn't put it down. It did seem to get redundant if I'm being honest, but I think that was part of the artistic aspect of the book. Clearly as Danny is getting tired of the same old song and dance, I too, was reading it thinking "here he goes ...more
Missy McHugh
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wow that was intense! [i]Chasing A Flawed Sun[/i] by Daniel McGee is a true story of one young man's severe battle with heroin and alcohol addiction while living in Baltimore. This book was well written and wonderfully edited. It was engrossing and a fast read. I rated it [b]3 out 4 stars[/b].

I liked this book because the narrator told the story with intensity and momentum keeping the reader eager for what was next. I liked, for the most part, it was told in chronological order. There wasn't a
Linda List
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Wow! What an amazing and heartfelt testimony! Thanks for sharing your journey! It was difficult to read at times because I could feel your pain and frustration. Many blessings for your future!
Tammy Brooks
Amazing

Finished the book and boy it was amazing. Ur such an inspiration and I'm very proud of u. God bless
Julie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raw and honest

I read this book in two days. Its heartbreaking and inspiring and the best book Ive read all year. The author lets you into the darkest parts of his life and I felt like I was experiencing the journey with him. The message is clear. Its never too late and miracles do happen.
Nikki
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I read this book straight through. Our lives are definitely paralleled in certain areas for sure. This book is great!!!
Kimberly Summers
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My boyfriend grew up in this Baltimore area. After 3 decades of sobriety, crack and heroin took him out for another 10 year run. Now clean & sober 11 years, his story includes these same horrors sprinkled with humor that only addicts can relate to.
Stella Fouts
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give this four stars only because he did a fairly decent job of writing about his descent into hell from a very young age even though his inability, ad nauseum, to conjugate "to lie" drove me to distraction. And the crazy thing is he uses the wrong tense - and even a tense of to lie that doesn't even exist -repeatedly throughout his writing. So there's that.

In any case, this is a book you won't put down too many times before finishing it. And if you're familiar with Harford and Baltimore
Scott
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God's Continued Strength to You Danny

Thanks for your story Danny, and for God's grace and your perseverence to keep on the "tightrope" while writing it. The book motivates compassionate strength when confronted with an addict's nonsense, and much effective insight for informing and discouraging enablers.
Andrea
Nov 04, 2019 added it
Awesome story

Great and honest story of his life that he was willing to share no matter how bad it got for him. Loved reading this book and knowing how bad it can be for the people suffering with this addiction.
Heather Ott
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Would not put it down.
Ashley Thompson
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gives you amazing insight into the addiction mindset and life
Deb
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This hits home
Belinda  mccardle
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this book!!! Gives a very detailed look into living with addiction in a way that everyone should know!!!
Hope
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely a recommended read!
marion

• The Size of Everything
  • High Achiever: The Incredible True Story of One Addict's Double Life
  • The Pale-Faced Lie
  • Damaged Goods a Memoir
  • Nobody’s Girl: A Memoir of Lost Innocence, Modern Day Slavery and Transformation
  • In Pillness and in Health: A Memoir