Start by marking “A Conspiracy of Bones” as Want to Read:

(Temperance Brennan #19)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  86 ratings  ·  16 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kathy Reichs returns with a new riveting novel featuring her vastly popular character forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan, who must use all her tradecraft to discover the identity of a faceless corpse, its connection to a decade-old missing child case, and why the dead man had her cell phone number.

It’s sweltering in Charlotte,
Expected publication: March 17th 2020 by Scribner

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 17, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win one of 50 advance readers copies of Kathy Reichs's new Temperance Brennan novel, A CONSPIRACY OF BONES! Tempe must use all ...more

Format: Print book

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of A Conspiracy of Bones
    Liz Barnsley
    Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Tempe Brennan is back with complete surety, like meeting up with an old friend after a couple of years I sank into this new story and was fully immersed throughout.

The forensic detail is ever fascinating and entirely accessible, the case is darkly addictive and Tempe herself is going through a sea change in both a physical and mental sense which adds huge emotional levels to the narrative.

Kathy Reichs is of course a brilliant plotter and a beautiful writer, twisting and turning events in
    Elaine Tomasso
    Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I would like to thank Netgalley and Simon and Schuster UK for an advance copy of A Conspiracy of Bones, the nineteenth novel to feature forensic anthropologist Dr Temperance Brennan.

Tempe isn’t getting on with the new medical examiner in Charlotte and is slowly being frozen out of the department, so when she receives pictures of a mutilated dead body she decides to identify the victim and salvage her work life. Working off the books with help from her partner former Montreal detective, Andrew
    Maureen
    Is this book available? I saw that it was cancelled by the publisher, and I was wondering why. Any ideas?
    Javier
    Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I've been a Temperance Brennan fan since the first book was published. In fact, if I'm working in forensics nowadays is in part because of her books, so it pains me to say that "A conspiracy of bones" didn't grabbed me as her previous stories. I still think it's a good book, but the main plotline didn't catch my attention as I would have like. Besides, I've always prefered Brennan's cases in Quebec.

It's been a while since I read the last installment in the series, so I didn't remember much about
    Chrissie
    Dec 04, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2020-challenge
    PopSugar 2020 - written by a woman in STEM
    Lu
    Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I'm a fan of Kathy Reichs books and the show Bones, so I was absolutely thrilled when my request to read A conspiracy of Bones was accepted. This book is fantastic, a wild ride and a compelling and intriguing mistery. When our main protagonist sees a trench coat man around her house and then get some crime scene photos of a dead faceless and handless man on her phone, Temperance decided to investigate, but her physical and
    Joanne Hurley
    Thank you to #NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read "A Conspiracy of Bones' by Kathy Reichs in return for a fair and honest review.

Temperance Brennan is not in a very good place at the outset of this book - recently diagnosed with an aneurysm; her former colleague and mentor, Larabee, is deceased; Ryan is out of the country; Mama is planning a wedding and/or feuding with her fiance; and the current ME (nicknamed Dr. Morgue) detests her ever since Brennan called her out on her
    Pgchuis
    I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

2.5* rounded up.

I have read many of these over the years, and in lots of ways this was very familiar: Tempe acts with utter disregard for her personal safety; chapters end with dramatic hooks (e.g. "Life was about to go from bad to pure hell."); there are several sections where a character recites what is obviously the fruits of the author's research to another in a big info dump.

This one was a little different though: Tempe does
    Debra
    Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Tempe Brennan, forensic pathologist, is back in another thriller. Who has sent her the pictures of a faceless corpse? What has this to do with a child’s cold case & the relationship she has with her new boss?

I read a number of the Tempe Brennan series when they first came out but haven’t read one for a number of years. The format & style is pretty much as I remember it. There is the continuing story of Tempe’s personal life in the background. Ryan is back though is a fairly small role.
    Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I would like to thank Edelweiss and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review. I have been a huge of fan of Kathy Reichs's books for many years now and was even lucky enough to see her at a meet and great/reading a few years back, I was also a fan of the show, Bones. As soon as I saw this book on here, I requested it without even reading the synopsis of it. When Tempe discovers a faceless corpse but isn't allowed access to study it after, you know she will insert herself ...more
    Linda
    Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Welcome back, Bones..we have missed you.

Dr. Brennan returns after a hiatus felt by all her readers. It's good to have her back but I must admit I was a little ambivalent about this story line. But as the story progressed I found her character to become more human, questioning her sanity, her abilities and the emotional plus physical damage bombarding her from the death of her colleague and the aneurysm threatening her very existence.

Because, or in spite of that Tempe does not let this deter her
    Louise
    Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Doug Yonce
    Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Kathy Reichs has created a character that her readers adore. But just when you think she can’t get any better, you are pleasantly surprised. Never content to do things according to the book, Tempe takes giant steps outside the box to solve a very interesting case. Along the way the reader is kept in suspense, surprised, educated, and entertained. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
    KyBunnies
    Very good book.
    Kathryn Garner
    Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A very,twisted and convoluted mystery for Tempe and her cohorts to solve. Conspiracy theories,child abduction,and loads more. As usual a well crafted story,if a touch slow to get going.
    Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    A decent installment in the Tempe Brennan series, though there seemed to be a fair amount of aimless wandering on the part of the investigators.
    Kari Thorson
    Mar 06, 2018
    Jule Peters
    Nov 08, 2018
    Browser26
    rated it did not like it
    May 10, 2019
    Nov 15, 2018
    Nicola
    Jul 24, 2019
    « previous 1 3 next »
    New Publication date for "A Conspiracy of Bones and Blood" 1 10 Jun 05, 2019 09:58AM

• A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
    • The House on the Lake: Read the new page-turning thriller from the bestselling author of Day of the Accident
    • After He's Gone (DC Beth Chamberlain #1)
    • Everything My Mother Taught Me
    • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
    • The Lying Room
    • Olive, Again
    • Single
    • The Family
    • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)
    • The Man on the Street
    • Presumed Guilty (DC Beth Chamberlain, #2)
    • The Names of the Dead
    • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
    • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
    • Mistletoe at Moonglow (Moonglow Christmas, #1)
    • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
    • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
    Kathy Reichs is a forensic anthropologist for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, State of North Carolina, and for the Laboratoire des Sciences Judiciaires et de Médecine Légale for the province of Quebec. She is one of only fifty forensic anthropologists certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology and is on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. A ...more

Temperance Brennan (1 - 10 of 19 books)
    • Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1)
    • Death du Jour (Temperance Brennan, #2)
    • Deadly Decisions (Temperance Brennan, #3)
    • Fatal Voyage (Temperance Brennan, #4)
    • Grave Secrets (Temperance Brennan, #5)
    • Bare Bones (Temperance Brennan, #6)
    • Monday Mourning (Temperance Brennan, #7)
    • Cross Bones (Temperance Brennan, #8)
    • Break No Bones (Temperance Brennan, #9)
    • Bones to Ashes (Temperance Brennan, #10)