Start by marking “Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design Series Book 1)

Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design Series Book 1)

Peyton Kroft was his forever, until the unthinkable happened. Walking away all those years ago had been the right thing to do, but he's ready to put the past behind him. Moving to San Francisco and hiring his first love, the city's top designer, is a good place to start. Yet it stirs up feelings he thought he'd buried.

Jackson Vance broke her heart. He took half of it with
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: July 24th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Damaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Damaged

Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

Beautifully Damaged was my first book by Laura Pavlov but it won't be my last. I adored her writing even though it was written in 3rd pov and I prefer when they are in first, but unlike most 3rd pov books, it didn't bother me.

I fell a little in love with Peyton and Jackson from the very beginning and only fell more with each new chapter. Their story is told in past and present chapters but not that many past chapters, just the right amount to help you understand their demise
Priyanka Dhingra
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read of Laura Pavlov and there is only one word for 'Beautifully damaged' that is AMAZING. This book is just simply Amazing. As the pages were turning on my device I was feeling like I am watching a movie. It's like everything is happening right in front of my eyes. The way Laura Pavlov has described each emotion, every incident is like really really good.

The story is about the long lost lovers Peyton and Jackson. Where Peyton is already in a relationship with the gu
Natalie
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Damaged Review

"She and Jackson were different. From the first day they met as kids— they’d fit. When they were older, he’d become the other half of her soul. It’d just always felt right."

Jackson and Peyton were best friends, then lovers, until tragedy struck and tore them apart. Almost a decade later Jackson is back, and Peyton is caught completely off guard. Can the damage be undone? From the moment Peyton realizes that her new client is her long lost love, Jackson Vance, the chemis
Kathleen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful love story which often pulls at your heart strings. There is deep love and turmoil and everything that pulls you in and you never want to stop reading. When you are reading the emotion of Peyton and Jackson's love being torn apart leaves you as the reader feeling empty and all that follows is a wild roller coaster of emotions. I love the bond of friendship with her 2 friends Elle and Dani and hope that they also have a story. Great Read I Highly recommend this book.
Emily ~ breatheeasybooks
{eARC generously provided by author for an honest review}

"The past hovers like a dark cloud. But every dark cloud has a silver-lining."

This "clean slate debut" is a tragic and beautiful story about loss, grief, crippling guilt, and survival. Its about finding and losing your first love and learning to build yourself back up after seemingly insurmountable tragedy.

As it goes with new-to-me (or new in general) authors, I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book, but I was hooked from the ver
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Author***

2.5 Stars

This is a sweet romance, and I don't have an issue with that. BUT, one of the challenges with a sweet, fade to black romance is that you need to make sure the connection between the characters is strong and developed.

Yes, the hot sex in romance books is fun. But, I think people also forget that sexy times also move the story forward. They bring the connection of characters to the readers through the physical intimacy of the characters. If this isn't in th
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peyton has a tragic past that she has tried to move on from but she honestly doesn't know if she can ever forget the painful loss, or the man at the center of it. One point and time Jackson was her everything, then tragedy struck and he left her when she needed him the most. But now he is back... and wants a second chance, a chance to fix what he broke a long time ago.

But that may be a little easier said then done... there is someone standing in his a way, someone who wants his girl.

Beautifully
Tracey
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first experience reading this author's work but it definitely won't be the last -- I enjoyed this book so much! I read it in less than 2 days because I couldn't put it down. It's a beautiful, emotional second-chance romance that could also be considered romantic suspense because of the secondary storyline which really added to the whole experience of this read. I loved Peyton and Jackson's characters so much -- these two were heartbreakingly in love with one another and true soulmate ...more
Eric
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Damaged had me in it's grasp from the first page. Jackson & Peyton had the familiarity and warmth of people I have grown up with and I really enjoyed following their journey of friendship and love. The ups & downs and twists & turns made this story unpredictable and kept me reading past bedtime on multiple nights. Looking forward to the continuation of this series!
Abi Mehrholz
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! Right from the start, page after page, I could not put this book down. You could feel what Peyton and Jackson were going through. The intense story of love and the thrilling story that they were going through..... a definite must read.
Annette Stephens
Jul 02, 2019
Tania's Book Blog
Jul 21, 2019
Megan Stillwell
Jul 20, 2019
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

So there it was my first Laura Pavlov book – its title ? “Beautifully Damaged”
While I am not the biggest fan of the pov it was written in and also the “now-and-then” storyline – it worked for this plot. I liked the depth of the character development and the reader could really feel the history of the leads. It was more with the present where I struggled as the book started with dropping the reader right in the middle of it. But with me it is always a hit and miss when it comes to second chance
Caroline
4,5 Stars

This book is heavy on the angst let me tell you that!! From the beginning of this book, I could feel the heavy feeling settling in my body, and it just took roots and never let go before the epilog. This is a book I think a lot of you will like it because it has a lot of the popular tropes in it.
Second chance romance
Friends to lovers
highschool lovers
Slow burn

A long period of this book, Peyton is actually with another man, and there is nothing other than heavy emotions between Peyton
Jocelyne
Annie Emerson
Ishita Saini
Alexandrea Jarvis
Jul 18, 2019
Laura Pavlov writes sweet and sexy contemporary romance that will make you both laugh and cry. She is happily married to her college sweetheart, mom to two awesome almost-grown kids, and dog-whisperer to a couple crazy yorkies. Laura resides in Las Vegas where she is living her own happily ever after. Be sure to sign up for updates on new releases. Laura loves to hear from readers!
www.laurapavlov