Start by marking “Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design, #1)

Beautifully Damaged

(Shine Design #1)

Peyton Kroft was his forever, until the unthinkable happened. Walking away all those years ago had been the right thing to do, but he's ready to put the past behind him. Moving to San Francisco and hiring his first love, the city's top designer, is a good place to start. Yet it stirs up feelings he thought he'd buried.

Jackson Vance broke her heart. He took half of it with
Published July 24th 2019 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Beautifully Damaged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautifully Damaged

Start your review of Beautifully Damaged (Shine Design, #1)
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

Beautifully Damaged was my first book by Laura Pavlov but it won't be my last. I adored her writing even though it was written in 3rd pov and I prefer when they are in first, but unlike most 3rd pov books, it didn't bother me.

I fell a little in love with Peyton and Jackson from the very beginning and only fell more with each new chapter. Their story is told in past and present chapters but not that many past chapters, just the right amount to help you understand their demise
Syndi
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This book has a wrong title. The title suggest a angst, full of drama. Dark twistes plot perhaps.. but thos book is actually sweet, lukewarm, bit boring and very very predictable story. Yes second chance romance is not somethibg new. But this book needs more plot. And better editing.

The character development is there. But barely to save the story. I do like the background of thos story os on san fransisco. Not very detail, but its enough to make me remembering my time there.

Overal, despite all
AJ
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3 “Hey, Peanut” stars

This is my first book by Laura Pavlov, a second chance romance between childhood sweethearts that is sweet and dramatic with a bit of angst.

Peyton is an interior designer with a booming career, great friends, and a lacklustre lovelife. She is in a relationship, but it’s more out of habit than anything else, and the added pressure of her boyfriend running for mayor makes things complicated. But her career is where it’s at, and she’s just been given a great new opportunity,
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Author***

2.5 Stars

This is a sweet romance, and I don't have an issue with that. BUT, one of the challenges with a sweet, fade to black romance is that you need to make sure the connection between the characters is strong and developed.

Yes, the hot sex in romance books is fun. But, I think people also forget that sexy times also move the story forward. They bring the connection of characters to the readers through the physical intimacy of the characters. If this isn't in th
Bed and books
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read of Laura Pavlov and there is only one word for 'Beautifully damaged' that is AMAZING. As the pages were turning on my device I was feeling like I am watching a movie. It's like everything is happening right in front of my eyes. The way Laura Pavlov has described each emotion, every incident is like really really good.

The story is about the long lost lovers Peyton and Jackson. Where Peyton is already in a relationship with the guy who is standing in the elections
Thuy Taylor
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Peyton and Jackson's second chance at love was quite emotional, fulfilling and it will make you feel so hopeful for these two childhood best friends to finding their way back to each other again. Jackson suffered an absolute loss in his teen years, which set him up to spiral into guilt, depression and allowing himself to distance himself from his love, Peyton. Years go by and Peyton has somewhat moved on, ahead in her game, thinking the past is staying in the past, until Jackson shows up and tot ...more
Ginger  Snaps
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A steady love flame blazes once again.
This was my first read from this author and it was 4.5 stars of goodness! As the story begins it’s a whole beautiful picture of seeing Jackson and his Peanut reconnect on a friendship level and glimpses into their past history. But further down the line it becomes obvious their love can’t be denied no matter other relationships and all of Jackson’s defense mechanisms that he uses in stopping their inevitable connection. Added to all of this was the tragedy t
Niki Burd
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read in ages!
From the get go Jackson Vance and his relationship with his childhood love, his Peanut gripped me. I cried, I laughed, i felt empathy and pain.
I felt myself rallying for Peyton and Jackson's romance their second chance at love.
Peytons friends are all fiercely loyal and keep a close eye, yet they took are excited for what is to come for their friend.
A wonderful read i could not put it down. 5 stars!!
Kristen Granata
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally I am not a fan of stories told in 3rd person POV ... but I thoroughly enjoyed this one! I love it when a guy doesn’t think he’s good enough for the girl — that gets me every time. So I loved Jackson. This book had me laughing one minute & hit me in the feels the next. Lots of angst and long-lasting love throughout time. Great writing from this author! Can’t wait to read more from her. ...more
Natalie
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully Damaged Review

"She and Jackson were different. From the first day they met as kids— they’d fit. When they were older, he’d become the other half of her soul. It’d just always felt right."

Jackson and Peyton were best friends, then lovers, until tragedy struck and tore them apart. Almost a decade later Jackson is back, and Peyton is caught completely off guard. Can the damage be undone? From the moment Peyton realizes that her new client is her long lost love, Jackson Vance, the chemis
HeartBreaker
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
I have to go and be honest here:I didn't like this book.
I hate when that happens.

This story is second-chance romance and,in general,the plot wasn't bad.My biggest problem was the writing and the characters.

Peyton and Jackson met when they were kids.They both had problematic mothers and that's the thing that drew them together.Some time in their teenage years they fell in love,but they were separated by one big tragedy that ruined Jackson's life.Years later Peyton,now amazing interior designer,is
Dilushani Jayalath
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was cute, fun read that didn't actually capture me but managed to keep a smile on my face throughout the book. Considering the field in which our protagonist worked in, the story actually pulled me in more. Although there isn't that much unique or original story in the plot, the story manages to captivate you till the end somehow.
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

So there it was my first Laura Pavlov book – its title ? “Beautifully Damaged”
While I am not the biggest fan of the pov it was written in and also the “now-and-then” storyline – it worked for this plot. I liked the depth of the character development and the reader could really feel the history of the leads. It was more with the present where I struggled as the book started with dropping the reader right in the middle of it. But with me it is always a hit and miss when it comes to second chance
Caroline
4,5 Stars

This book is heavy on the angst let me tell you that!! From the beginning of this book, I could feel the heavy feeling settling in my body, and it just took roots and never let go before the epilog. This is a book I think a lot of you will like it because it has a lot of the popular tropes in it.
Second chance romance
Friends to lovers
highschool lovers
Slow burn

A long period of this book, Peyton is actually with another man, and there is nothing other than heavy emotions between Peyton
Joanna
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I’ve read by Laura Pavlov and I truly enjoyed it. Slow burns are my faves and this one was really good. There was that right amount of angst that keeps you reading and wanting more.

“The one woman he wanted more than he’d thought possible would be the one woman he couldn’t have.”

Jackson Vance is what I like to call a tortured soul. He has that player reputation, but only because he’s been through so much and has closed off his heart. He wants to make amends with the girl he
Victoria Weston
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is book one in this series Shine Design Series and this book is a real second chance romance book for these two.
They both knew each other as kids a long time ago and something happened that torn them apart. Now years later and all those feeling that they had buried all back again, the problem is these two were always meant to be, no matter what.

Peyton is a beautiful woman who works as a designer and has has her heart broken by Jackson when they were at college. She loves her job and s
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peyton has a tragic past that she has tried to move on from but she honestly doesn't know if she can ever forget the painful loss, or the man at the center of it. One point and time Jackson was her everything, then tragedy struck and he left her when she needed him the most. But now he is back... and wants a second chance, a chance to fix what he broke a long time ago.

But that may be a little easier said then done... there is someone standing in his a way, someone who wants his girl.

Beautifully
Bookstagram3172
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly beautiful second chance romance book. Laura’s writing completely draws you in and makes you ‘feel’ the story and characters. Peyton aka Peanut/Pea is an interior designer hired to work on a new restaurant which happened to be owned by her first love Jackson. They had been best friends and lovers until Jackson’s sisters death, when he retreated and pushed Peyton away. Nine years had passed and although he still loved her, he knew he couldn’t go back to her even though his feelings ...more
NM
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been following @laurapavlovauthor on Instagram for a while, so I have been waiting for this book! It did NOT disappoint! Jackson is one of my favorite characters (ever) and his interaction with Peyton and internal struggle is captivating. I literally could not put this book down. Lost many hours of sleep because I kept telling myself “just one more chapter”...several chapters later. I’m so excited I found this series and this author!!! I can’t wait for the next book in the series! I have ...more
Kathleen
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful love story which often pulls at your heart strings. There is deep love and turmoil and everything that pulls you in and you never want to stop reading. When you are reading the emotion of Peyton and Jackson's love being torn apart leaves you as the reader feeling empty and all that follows is a wild roller coaster of emotions. I love the bond of friendship with her 2 friends Elle and Dani and hope that they also have a story. Great Read I Highly recommend this book.
Brandy Roberts
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked Beautiful Damaged it was one of those stories that you just connect to even though this is told in 3rd person pov which is hard for me to feel a connection to . it would be the first book that I have read by the author and I am looking forwarded to reading by her in the future . Along with likening the characters they frustrated the hell out of me at time with the way they handle certain situations .
Lisa
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to give the book 5 stars purely because it made me cry. It made me cry at the hair dresser and made me cry curls up in the couch. There were a few errors in the book, but because it was an arc copy I usually expect to see errors!! But I loved every minute of this book. Laura Pavlov is a great story teller. I can’t wait to read more of her books!!!
Sandi C
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great read from Laura Pavlov! She is a new-to-me author, only my second book of hers gifted to me by veriousreadersonly.com I really enjoyed this story of childhood friends to lovers and happily ever after BUT not without angst, drama and alittle suspense. A well told story that has you believing in second chances. Keep those great stories coming Laura Pavlov!
Kelsey Brown
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Voracious Readers Only and by the second or third page I knew this was going to be an incredible book. Full of drama and angst, it was everything I love reading about with an incredible ending I was all too happy to have!
Carol Platt
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. Second chances are worth the wait.
Chrysti
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-bookworm-box
December 2019 Kindle

This was my first book by this author! Such a sweet read!
Suzanne
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Peyton is in a relationship with Sebastian who is running for mayor of San Francisco. They are the "it" couple. His relationship with Peyton has changed his playboy ways and he is being looked at more favourably because of it. They are at all the in parties and Peyton has fun but she isn't feeling the relationship as much. Sebastian has told her he loves her but she hasn't said it back.

Peyton has a great reputation as an interior designer and as such her boss Camille has lined her up to work on
Suzaan Jansen van Rensburg
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the story of Jackson and Peyton. They were childhood sweethearts but Jackson left after the murder of his younger sister. When they met up again 10 years later it is clear that they are still in love with each other but Jackson had a hard time believing that he is worthy of happiness. The story is well written and the characters well developed.

Karen
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting, emotional second chance romance story. The characters have intriguing strong chemistry. The well-written book kept my attention throughout, enjoyed reading. I have voluntarily chosen to read and review this book.
Jeanne Richardson
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Laura Pavlov; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Collecting Secrets (Friends & Lovers, #1)
  • Proceed with Caution (Ford Brothers #1)
  • The Magic Man's Forbidden Dreams: Tale of the Inn Keeper's Niece
  • The Hitman's Desire (The Silent Family #1)
  • The Redemption of Nixon Thorne
  • Tardy Bells and Witches' Spells (Womby's School for Wayward Witches #1)
  • Cupid F*cks Up (Ruth Roth #2)
  • The Courtship of Mallory Richards
  • Try Easy (Aloha #1)
  • Words for Anna: A Second Chance at First Love
  • Never Too Soon
  • The Billionaire's Funding (Beguiling a Billionaire #3)
  • Finding Miss Write (The Misadventures of Miss Write, #1)
  • The Rebound Bet: An Insta-Love, New Adult Romance (Sweet, Sexy Shorts Book 9)
  • Fallen Men
  • Already Gone
  • Healing the Heart of a Cowboy (McGuire Family, #1)
  • Dirty Letters
Laura Pavlov writes sweet and sexy contemporary romance that will make you both laugh and cry. She is happily married to her college sweetheart, mom to two awesome almost-grown kids, and dog-whisperer to a couple crazy yorkies. Laura resides in Las Vegas where she is living her own happily ever after. Be sure to sign up for updates on new releases. Laura loves to hear from readers!
www.laurapavlov

Shine Design (2 books)
  • Beautifully Flawed (Shine Design, #2)

News & Interviews

“Hey, Peanut.” 0 likes
“Yes, he had a nickname for her nickname. That’s what happened when you met the other half of your soul when you’re ten years old.” 0 likes