Start by marking “Naked and Unafraid: 5 Keys to Abandon Smallness, Overcome Criticism, and Be All You Are Meant to Be” as Want to Read:

Celebrate a vulnerable and open life by overcoming the fear of criticism to start living the life God intended.
Fear of criticism has turned into a massive epidemic harder than ever to overcome. It prevents people from speaking up; it's why most people struggle to make decisions; it's why we're uncomfortable with vulnerability and openness; and it's why so many are unable
Published February 4th 2020 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Naked and Unafraid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naked and Unafraid

Start your review of Naked and Unafraid: 5 Keys to Abandon Smallness, Overcome Criticism, and Be All You Are Meant to Be
Zachary Houle
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
I have a hard time with criticism, sometimes. I’m getting better at it — someone can leave a nastygram for me on Medium or wherever I write, and, for the most part, I can take it. However, I suppose that as I’ve gotten older, I prefer to put myself out there less and less and enjoy life without my 20-year-old ego wanting to be famous. Fame, man, is not what it’s cracked up to be. I should know. I had an article published online back in my music reviewing days that called me the “most delusional ...more
Joan
Feb 21, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an encouraging book. Gerald uses several experiences in David's life to encourage us to live a vulnerable life. He emphasizes David, celebrating upon the return of the ark, nearly naked yet dancing with joy. In contrast is David's wife, inside, safe but criticizing. Do we want to stay safe and be critical or are we willing to be adventurous and vulnerable?

One of my favorite parts of the book was the formula Gerald uses to renew the spirit of his mind, detailed in a previous book. It's a
Corianne
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
He’s my Pastor, so I might be a tad partial... but this book was exactly what I needed at this moment in my life. (All his books seem to do, oddly enough).

I’m a people pleaser, through and through. I care about what people think of me, MUCH to my detriment. I’ve heard these messages (several messages within this book!) preached in person, and I found it so helpful to have it in my hands to read the words on the page instead of sitting in the congregation on a Sunday morning. Not only about
Chloe
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“It’s important to not back away when opportunity knocks, when you suddenly find yourself in unfamiliar territory that you feel unprepared for. When this happens it’s likely that you are in a proving ground intended to stretch you beyond where you are and prepare you for something bigger ahead.”

Thank you, Kevin Gerald, for writing a book that equips us with tools to abandon smallness and have the courage to be who we are made to be! This is an encouraging book and a must read!
Jesse Rodriguez
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to get this book in my hands! If the title doesn't grab your attention the content sure will. No matter your age, gender or background we all fear being open and vulnerable. We are all afraid of being hurt and rightfully so but it's time we change our view on vulnerability and realize that it can be a sign of strength. We were not meant to be window watchers but street dancers! Get your copy now, you won't regret it. This book is a game changer!
Nina Vickers
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the things I have struggled with in my life is fear. What I love about this book is that it's challenging my thinking and showing me ways to overcome my fear. I love that it's teaching met to look to the future instead of my current circumstances. AND to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. If you want to be a better version of you... READ THIS BOOK!
Veronica Mendoza
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book helps stretch you and grow you, there isn't anything that he's left unturned. In a world where people are afraid to be vulnerable, this book helps push yourself into overcoming and abandoning small thoughts. In the words of Kevin Gerald "whatever consumes your mind will consume your life!" If you haven't purchased this book you need to!!!
Lincoln Nugent
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pastor Kevin Gerald is an amazing encourager, leader and builder of God's Church. Naked and Unafraid is another avenue he has walked down in an attempt to help people find God's best for their lives. So thankful for this insightful, applicable and encouraging book filled with Biblical truth's we can apply to our daily lives in our attempt to get Naked and Unafraid.
Marcus Piscuc
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly inspiring and encouraging. It is Challenging and thought provoking. Everyone needs to pick up this book and read it! If you want to move your life forward and be who God wants you to be, this is your book!
Antonio
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. I love how this book is easy to read and how this book explains everything. I would highly recommend this book if you are trying to grow as a person. Excellent job by Kevin Gerald.
Heidi
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so inspiring. It really pushed me to get out of my comfort zone and take some risk. I am someone who plays things safe but after reading this book, I really want to be different. Thank you Kevin Gerald for writing this amazing book.

Heidi Joy
Kris Seibold
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is a life changing resource. It’s an encouragement and a challenge to live life open, honest and to the fullest. Get out of the window and dance in the street is much easier said than done. This book gives me the push I need to go after God’s best for my life.
Lexi Crews
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has helped me to step outside my comfort zone and see myself in a different way. I'm normally reserved and afraid to take risks and step out of my comfort zone but I have found a new voice to my once voiceless world.
Andrew
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In Naked and Unafraid, Kevin Gerald explored the five keys to overcome criticism and how vulnerability plays a powerful role in conquering the risk and fear associated with it. He begins the book by looking at the story of David and how the Ark of Covenant was going to be brought back to Jerusalem. This is the same ark that traveled in Moses time. When it arrived, David danced in the streets and took of his royal robe and this offended Michal, David’s wife and referred to him as foolish. As a ...more
Monica
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Naked and Unafraid is based on the Bible story of King David dancing naked in the streets while he wife criticizes him from a window. Through this book I learned that David wasn't actually naked when he was dancing--but he was minus his kingly robes. I also learned a lot of helpful tips for doing life and relationships a better.

Naked and Unafraid is divided in to 5 sections: Risk Exposure, Abandon Smallness, Push Past Criticism, Own Your Story, and Fight For Your Future. Each sections has four
Lexi Baublitz
I’m so excited to read this book! pastor Kevin Gerald is such an amazing author! Every book that I have read of his has completely hit home for me!
Storm Bass
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful, and life changing book. I am only half-way through and eager to keep reading more!!
Jen
Jerrilynn Atherton

• The Institute
  • The Family Upstairs
  • Acres of Diamonds: Discovering God's Best Right Where You Are
  • The Power of Favor: The Force That Will Take You Where You Can't Go on Your Own
  • To Hell with the Hustle
  • The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth
  • Garden City: Work, Rest, and the Art of Being Human.
  • You've Already Got It!: So Quit Trying to Get It
  • The Operator
  • Life Without Diabetes: The definitive guide to understanding and reversing your type 2 diabetes
  • UNSUB (UNSUB, #1)
  • The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus
  • For All Who Wander: Why Knowing God Is Better than Knowing It All
  • Confessions of a Happily Married Man: Finding God in the Messiness of Marriage
  • What's So Wonderful About Webster?
  • Secrets of the Pastor's Wife