Start by marking “Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)” as Want to Read:
Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)

Unforgiven

(Loveless, Texas #2)

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Marked Men series comes an irresistible and suspenseful romance between a tough Texas Ranger and his first love--a woman in danger who insists she doesn't need his protection.
Hill Gamble is a model lawman: cool and collected, with a confident swagger to boot. Too bad all that Texas charm hasn't gotten him anywhere in his
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published February 25th 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Unforgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforgiven

Start your review of Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

TITLE: UNFORGIVEN
AUTHOR: Jay Crownover
SERIES: Loveless, Texas #2
RELEASE DATE: February 25, 2020
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
THEMES & TROPES: Suicide
RATING: 3 Stars
CLIFFHANGER: Kind of (not for the romance)

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Before I started UNFORGIVEN I was ready for a good ole cowboy romance. I'm still trying to figure out what it is about them. The hot, over-protective men with their drawl definitely don't hurt. Add a sassy heroine and a suspenseful story and I'm all in.

I
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
It was my unfortunate luck that fate was determined to have love, death, and Kody Lawton pulling my strings for an eternity.

There is nothing more delicious than the sweet, sweet angst of unrequited love. And when that love is for your brother's widow? I am SO HERE FOR IT.

The second Hill made his first appearance at the end of Justified, sparks flew. I've been practically salivating in my wait for his and Kody's book. So the second this landed on my kindle, I jumped on it faster than
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker

Kody and Hill have history, the kind where Kody was engaged to Hill's brother and Hill harbored a secret love for her. Kody resented Hill for taking a step back from her and his brother and after his brother killed himself, Kody barely wanted to speak to Hill.
Now that they're older and Hill is assisting in the investigation into Kody's father's murder,
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

When we were first introduced to Hill and Kody it was clear that there story was going to be full of explosive chemistry. And oh boy that chemistry was certainly something amazing. I loved that they constantly bickered which drew me to their characters as I was just waiting for all the arguing to lead to something much more exciting. They had a tough past that they were both trying to move on from and getting to see them do that together was very intriguing.

Ari
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

❝𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝑲𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝑳𝒂𝒘𝒕𝒐𝒏?❞

description

After Justified ended with a killer hangover, I was on edge as I awaited the next book in the Loveless, Texas series. I had so many questions that I needed answers to and I hoped this sequel would've provided just that. I just want to note a few things before we get this review started. First, you must read the previous books in this series before
Dali
Jay Crownover adds an emotional and compelling new story to her Loveless, Texas series this time focusing on Hill Gamble and the only woman hes ever loved but can never have.

Hill Gamble left Loveless without looking back. It had only brought him pain and suffering. He dedicated his life to being a model citizen, a Texas Ranger. But when hes assigned to help investigate a possible murder in his home town, his past collides with his present. Can he continue to keep his feelings for Kody in check
♥Rachel♥
4.5 Stars

Hill and Kody have a complicated past where both have loved each other from afar. It was complicated as Kody was involved with Hills younger brother, Aaron, before Aaron took his own life. Lots of guilt, blame and anger have colored their relationship since, but underneath it all, Kody has always loved Hill.

Hill was more honest to himself with his feelings from the beginning. Knowing that he loved his brothers fiancée made it impossible to stick around home. He couldnt stay and feel
book bruin
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it

This was a really emotional second chance-ish, forced proximity, unrequited love story. After meeting Kody and Hill in Justified, I couldn't wait to find out more about their history. I knew that it would involve difficult truths, but I wasn't quite prepared for the depth of the pain these two experienced. There's also some mystery and suspense to keep the action going. You don't need to read the previous books to enjoy this one, but characters from those books do appear.

Hill's love for
My Pink Fairytales
Forgiven ⭐

First of all, you know Im brutally honest in my reviews, right? That being said, heres the thing. I kinda struggled with this one. 😔 I read it, but every couple of pages I kept checking my phone, scrolled down facebook, took a shower, found things to do besides turning another page.
I wasnt bored, but I couldnt connect with the characters, nor the story itself.

Even if its categorized as romance, i didnt quite feel it like that. I mean, yes, the main characters were in love and it was
Carmen Rae
I have had a bit of a girl crush on Kody for awhile now. She is so strong and self assured yet we can all see the spider web cracks running all over her surface. But she didnt want to be coddled and treated like she was fragile and she fought tooth and nail to be treated like an equal. And she proved how strong she is over and over again.

Kody has had such a hard life and even though she was close with her brothers she still felt kind of like her own island. After losing her first love so
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Inkslinger PR
Genre: Adult Cowboy Romance
Part 2 of a ongoing series

My Unforgiven Review . . .

Kody Lawton is a tough as nails woman, but you know she has a soft heart. Though it took Hill Gamble to soften her walls and find the true Kody.

Hill is such a strong, beautiful man. I adored him from the first moment I met him in this series. I absolutely loved him and Kody together. Kody had to work through a lot to see all of Hill because her baggage was
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4.5 STARS!

IMG-20200225-133951-403

Unforgiven by Jay Crownover is the second installment in the Loveless, Texas novels, bringing us a story of unrequited love... Hill Gamble and Kody Lawton.

The appearance of Hill in Justified was such a sweet treat and discovering his connection with Kody filled me with a longing for their book. Let me just say, Jay did not disappoint.

Hill is investigating Conrad Lawton's death which brings him closer to Kody. She is struggling with letting her father go and her feelings towards
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
This book is part of a series. You can read it as a standalone but know the previous characters appear in this one as well. Hill and Kody have always been close when they were kids until he became distant. Little did they knew they both have loved eachother from afar. The loss of Hills brother has always been between them since Kody was engaged to him. Poor Aaron he just didn't know how to help his depression.

The first half of this book dragged a bit. Just keep reading it will get better. After
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Kody and Hill's love story was a story that I never knew I needed. They had a lifetime connection that was heartbreaking, electric, and beautiful. Kody is the wild child of the Lawton family, she owns a bar, is super sassy, can drink you under the table, and has a close relationship with the leader of a motorcycle club. Hill had his demons to deal with some that involve Kody and others that he has to deal with on his own. I like that the mystery that Kody and Hill are
Delia
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To Jay:
Yes girl!!! You did it one more time! Never get tired of your love stories. Believe me, I read them ALL! So addictive and hard to forget; I just wanted to read the book all over again straight after I finished it.

I want the next book in the series right now😊! Pretty please🙏🙏!!!

Just wow! It was exactly what I was waiting for but I wasn't expecting the epic epilogue! Blacklisted is on my most wanted book to read list this year. I cannot wait!!!

5 huge stars!!!
Stacee
I had seen a lot of people talking about this author and was curious to try a book, so here we are.

I liked Kody and Hill. Theyre both stubborn, good people. I liked their connection and how they both had loved the other basically since they met. My main complaint is that I wanted a lot more talking between them. Their conversations are sort of combative at the beginning and when they finally do The Feelings talk, everything else is telling and not showing.

Plot wise, it was okay. I was
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
description
These Loveless, Texas men are scorching up my kindle. Holy heat and fire. I need to plan a trip to Texas, real soon.

About Unforgiven:

Unforgiven is the second full length novel in the Loveless, Texas series by Jay Crownover. If you love western romances with a bit of suspense, you are in for a treat.

Kody Lawton is the youngest of the Lawton clan. Kody's life hasn't been easy. She lost the love of her life due to suicide and in the same moment she lost another love she didn't realize she had until
Amanda
Feb 20, 2020 rated it liked it

[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Unforgiven
is the second book in the Loveless, Texas series by Jay Crownover. A western romance about first loves, unrequited love and family.

"If she gave me the green light, I was going all in with no regrets and no looking back."

Hill has loved Kody since they were kids but his younger brother's heart had already claimed her. He tried to stay supportive but it was too much for him to be so close to Kody and not have her be his. After his brother's
☕️Kimberly
Full RTC
TeriLyn
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
**Unforgiven generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "Or that she would be the reason..." Stars

I enjoyed the latest book in the Loveless, Texas series by Jay Crownover. Unfortunately not as much as I enjoyed the previous book or novella. Something about the relationship in this one felt a bit underwhelming and little forced at first. After about 45-50% mark I found it much more enjoyable and plausible. There were a few things that really threw me
HMS
The first quarter of the book was a bit slow for me. I enjoy reading the back story, which gets me up to speed from reading the previous book in the series published months ago (and many books read by me in the interim) but IMHO Aaron's background was too much, Hill and Kody's not enough and Conrad's shady self not enough.

description

Yes, I know. Don't get me wrong, the writing is still top notch and Jay Crownover is still

description

but I felt much of the major plot line was a stretch, a big rushed reach to
Sophia
We met them in Justified and their chemistry was off the charts caliente in spite of the fire of Kody's anger and the dreariness of Hill's guilt, but with her dad's death, Kody's rules for holding her hatred and anger against Hill are about to be broken by both of them. I was excited to keep going with a series and author I only just discovered for myself and she delivered on a rather tough unrequited love second chances romance.

Unforgiven is the second in the Loveless, TX series and flows right
E-Reader Addict
Mar 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
I am a sucker for second-chance love stories - which is what I thought I was getting here. Not exactly so (by my definition, anyway - I should have read the synopsis a little more closely). Regardless, I decided to keep reading Unforgiven because Ive read - and enjoyed - Jay Crownover before. But I spent a lot of time wishing I would just quit.

Kody Lawton runs a bar in her small hometown in Texas. When her father is murdered, it brings back home Texas Ranger Hill Gamble, older brother of her
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 SMOOCHES!

Ive been a long-time reader of Jay Crownovers, and her innate ability to write complex, complicated bad-boy heroes, and in some cases antiheroes, has always fascinated me. I wasnt sure exactly what Jay would do with cowboys, but shes nailed it, completely sweeping me off my feet with the Loveless, Texas series in the process. Shes brought all those interesting qualities of her usual heroes and delivered them in a whole new, exciting way. Ive positively devoured each book in this
Grace
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tragedy and escalating threats drive together a couple who have a tumultuous history and old emotional wounds to resolve, in this latest installment of the Loveless series.

Kody Lawton has never had a simple life. To begin with, she is the daughter of the town's corrupt sheriff, Conrad. Then, she fell in love with the town's bad boy and wasn't enough to help him from a downward spiral. And finally, the man she thought had her back, "abandoned" her when she needed him most.

Hill Gamble never
Paula  Phillips
Feb 28, 2020 rated it liked it

As a fan of Jay Crownover's books, I was looking forward to reading Unforgiven as it has been a while since I read a book by this author. Unlike her other series though, I have to admit I found this one a slower pace book to read, the ending for me too was a bit weak and disappointing in away. Once upon a time, there were three people - two boys Hill and Aaron and a girl Kody Lawton. Both Hill and Aaron loved Kody with all their hearts and Kody loved both boys but settled with Aaron as she felt
Three Chicks
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

The next Lawton Sibling gets a chance at LOVE.

Let me run my disclaimer. I have yet to read a Jay Crownover book that I havent inhaled, so I might seem a little biased, but I was not disappointed in this book.

Kody Lawton is the wild card in the Lawton siblings; everyone thinks it was Crew, but Ive always had my money on Kody. She does what she pleases, and consequences be damned.

Losing her fiancé tragically cracked her heart, but what completely broke and shattered it
Zoe
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tense, ominous, and passionate!

Unforgiven is a sultry, compelling tale that takes us back to Loveless, Texas and into the lives of the solid, dependable, Texas Ranger Hill Gamble who is struggling to solve the murder of Conrad Layton while still keeping his feelings for his late brothers fiancee a secret, and the feisty, fiery Kody whos determined more than ever to put her father to rest and keep her teen crush away from her heart.

The writing is smooth and seductive. The characters are hesitant,
Rochelle
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Loveless Texas series. I have been waiting for Hill and Kodys (love the name its how my sons name is spelled, lol) story since Justified. Loved Hill and Kody so much. They were so good together once they got out of their heads and opened their eyes to what was in front of them the whole time. You will be sucked into this story from page one and you wont put it down until you reach the end. I need more of this series. I cant wait to see what she has coming next.

I received an ARC
Books Wine and Besties
I loved this story! Incredible book. In her acknowledgements Jay said, In romance there are few things I love more than the longing and ache associated with unrequited love. It is hands down one of my most favorite tropes. Same here Jay, SAME. And you nailed it. I was invested in Hill and Kodys story from page one. Hill quickly went up the ranks on my list of favorite book boyfriends and Kody was a force. Make sure you add this book to your TBR list! Do. Not. Miss. This. Book. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• All I Ask
  • The Rich Boy
  • Great and Precious Things
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals, #2)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Meet Cute
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Then You Happened
  • I Hate You
  • Creole Kingpin (The Magnolia Duet, #1)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Snow (Unbreakable Bonds, #2.5)
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Rowe (Unbreakable Bonds, #3.5)
  • Devour (Unbreakable Bonds, #4)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Ian (Unbreakable Bonds, #4.5)
  • The Seduction of His Wife (Logger #1)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where ...more

Loveless, Texas (3 books)
  • Justified (Loveless, Texas #1)
  • Blacklisted (Loveless, Texas #3)