Start by marking “Unforgiven” as Want to Read:
Unforgiven

Unforgiven

(Loveless, Texas #2)

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Marked Men series comes an irresistible and suspenseful romance between a tough Texas Ranger and his first love--a woman in danger who insists she doesn't need his protection.
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Expected publication: February 25th 2020 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Unforgiven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unforgiven

Start your review of Unforgiven
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
It was my unfortunate luck that fate was determined to have love, death, and Kody Lawton pulling my strings for an eternity.

There is nothing more delicious than the sweet, sweet angst of unrequited love. And when that love is for your brother's widow? I am SO HERE FOR IT.

The second Hill made his first appearance at the end of Justified, sparks flew. I've been practically salivating in my wait for his and Kody's book. So the second this landed on my kindle, I jumped on it faster than
Dali
Jay Crownover adds an emotional and compelling new story to her Loveless, Texas series this time focusing on Hill Gamble and the only woman he’s ever loved but can never have.

Hill Gamble left Loveless without looking back. It had only brought him pain and suffering. He dedicated his life to being a model citizen, a Texas Ranger. But when he’s assigned to help investigate a possible murder in his home town, his past collides with his present. Can he continue to keep his feelings for Kody in check
Ari
Feb 03, 2020 rated it liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝑲𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝑳𝒂𝒘𝒕𝒐𝒏?

description

After Justified ended with a killer hangover, I was on edge as I awaited the next book in the Loveless, Texas series. I had so many questions that I needed answers to and I hoped this sequel would've provided just that. I just want to note a few things before we get this review started. First, you must read the previous books in this series before
My Pink Fairytales
Forgiven

First of all, you know I’m brutally honest in my reviews, right? That being said, here’s the thing. I kinda struggled with this one. I read it, but every couple of pages I kept checking my phone, scrolled down facebook, took a shower, found things to do besides turning another page.
I wasn’t bored, but I couldn’t connect with the characters, nor the story itself.

Even if it’s categorized as romance, i didn’t quite feel it like that. I mean, yes, the main characters were in love and it
book bruin
Jan 31, 2020 rated it liked it

This was a really emotional second chance-ish, forced proximity, unrequited love story. After meeting Kody and Hill in Justified, I couldn't wait to find out more about their history. I knew that it would involve difficult truths, but I wasn't quite prepared for the depth of the pain these two experienced. There's also some mystery and suspense to keep the action going. You don't need to read the previous books to enjoy this one, but characters from those books do appear.

Hill's love for
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
This book is part of a series. You can read it as a standalone but know the previous characters appear in this one as well. Hill and Kody have always been close when they were kids until he became distant. Little did they knew they both have loved eachother from afar. The loss of Hills brother has always been between them since Kody was engaged to him. Poor Aaron he just didn't know how to help his depression.

The first half of this book dragged a bit. Just keep reading it will get better. After
Delia
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why do we have to wait so long till this book is release? It's mean!!!
TeriLyn
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
**Unforgiven generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "Or that she would be the reason..." Stars

I enjoyed the latest book in the Loveless, Texas series by Jay Crownover. Unfortunately not as much as I enjoyed the previous book or novella. Something about the relationship in this one felt a bit underwhelming and little forced at first. After about 45-50% mark I found it much more enjoyable and plausible. There were a few things that really threw me
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 3 Steam Fans

Kody and Hill's love story was a story that I never knew I needed. They had a lifetime connection that was heartbreaking, electric, and beautiful. Kody is the wild child of the Lawton family, she owns a bar, is super sassy, can drink you under the table, and has a close relationship with the leader of a motorcycle club. Hill had his demons to deal with some that involve Kody and others that he has to deal with on his own. I like that the mystery that Kody and Hill are
Cherie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So excited to get my hands on Hill and Kody’s story. Texas Ranger Hill Gamble is investigating the murder of Kody Lawton’s father when he realizes he’s been in love with his dead brother’s fiancée his whole life. When the investigation hits too close to home, Hill realizes he needs to stop living life in the past and claim Kody for himself.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"It was amazing how he managed to be both the calm and the storm in my life."

Kody is my hero, she's a badass who doesn't sugarcoat her sass. I had a girl-crush on her while reading Justified and was very excited to get to know her better in Unforgiven. I was not disappointed.

As the author let me see into her past, introducing me to her demons, I fell even harder for Kody. She's had a rough life and had to fight for everything she has, and she's still fighting to keep her bar, the Barn. When
Robin Loves Reading
In the second book of the Loveless, Texas series, Hill Gamble is a Texas Ranger assigned to investigate the death of Kody Lawton's father. Kody would rather have anyone other than Hill asking her delicate questions when she is torn about her father's death.

Kody's father was formerly the town's sheriff and was as corrupt and evil as they come. Neither Kody nor her two brothers were close to their father and had as little to do with him as possible. His death, however, nearly breaks Kody. Now she
Carissa
Jay sure knows how to build up this series!!!!! I'm glad we got some insight on Kody and Hill's background. It sure brings more understanding of their relationship. Also, like how many books are there going to be because I'll be dropping whatever book I'm reading for the Loveless, Texas series?!?! I'm so excited for Presley's and Shot's story! I love how its going to swing into the biker world and actually finish what is going on with Presley's story from Unforgiven and move straight into ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kody likes to tease her man and let him know hes wanted, "she smiled against my mouth and shifted her hands so she could start working open the buttons of my denim shirt. “I want you to come home to me too, Hill.” Hill loves to surprise his girl, “also never expected you to be a no -underwear kinda guy, but I’m pleasantly surprised by both. I love all the new things I’m learning about you, Hill.” I liked this book, I liked Hill.
Elizabeth
Title: Unforgiven

Series :Loveless Texas

Author:Jay Crownover

Forever

Genre: Romance

Rating:4.5

Hill Gamble is a model lawman: cool and collected, with a confident swagger to boot. Too bad all that Texas charm hasn't gotten him anywhere in his personal life, especially since the only girl he ever loved has always been off-limits. But then Hill is assigned to investigate her father's mysterious death, and he's forced back to the town--and the woman--he left behind.

When Hill left Loveless, he broke Kody
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
I love, love, LOVED everything about this small-town, second chance, romantic suspense story!

Hill Gamble is a tough Alpha Texas Ranger, but he is completely turned to mush by love.

“He was trying to get me to think things through when all I wanted to do was rage. When I wanted to burn the world down, Aaron was right beside me with matches and a can of gasoline. Hill was the one standing behind both of us with a fire extinguisher and the reminder that we could be burned by the flames.”

Kody
Lisa
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Kody and Hill's love story is better than I could have imagined. They had such a tough road to one another, and a big past to overcome. Luckily, their reconnection part was easy, because there was a lot goin on otherwise in Unforgiven.

Okay, so character-wise, here are my thoughts. Kody is the independent baby sister of Crew and Case. You meet those two in previous books, but this could be read on it's own, for now. She's sassy, close with the leader of an MC, runs a bar, tough. But
Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Forever for my digital copy.

I love this series. Period. End of sentence.

Am I angry with the way Jay ended Unforgiven....a smidge, yes. OK, focus Amy. Let's talk about the second book in the Loveless series.

Hill Gamble...how you doin'? I adored this character. Not to be outdone, I loved Kody just as much. Jay writes such fantastic female characters. I love how sassy and independent they are...but at the end of the day, they love so hard. Hill and Kody together? Unstoppable. I'm a huge
AC Book Blog
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Okay, this one is a little bit complex. Hill and Aaron Gamble (brothers) and Kody Lawton were sort of the “three musketeers”. They were inseparable growing up until Aaron and Kody fell in love. Hill separated himself from the pair and moved away. Right before the wedding, Aaron’s life ended. Older brother Hill knew Aaron’s struggles but he could not help his brother until it is too late. Kody resented Hill for that – she may never forgive Hill for not trying hard enough. But why all the hatred ...more
Maureen Mayer
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
I’m not sure how I feel about this book. The story was great in the beginning and the end had me dying for more, but the middle of the book wasn’t as suspenseful as I had hoped it would be. The majority of the story, where they were trying to find Kody’s father’s killer, just didn’t grab my attention. Nor did the relationship between Kody and Hill. I usually love Jay Crownover’s books, she’s a fantastic writer, so I was kind of bummed that this one didn’t do it for me. I enjoyed the first book ...more
Susan (susayq ~)

This was just what I hoped for...romantic and angsty and action packed. I loved Jody and Hill. Kody was sassy and a little hot headed but she loved her family, while Hill was so protective of Kody and willing to put others first. My only complaint is that (view spoiler)

I will be chomping at the bit to get the next book because I was hoping Shot and his fellow bikers would get stories. I
Amy Vida
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of Unforgiven in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed the story and the bad ass characters that all came from some type of dysfunction. It made for an interesting read.

I really hope to read the next book. It definitely looks intriguing.
Alexandra
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Review to come
Manoela
Jan 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc, arc-to-review, 2020
I Received an unreleased copy of this book
Shannon
Can you believe this is the first time I'm reading Jay Crownover? I must have been living under a rock or something.

I was provided an advanced copy of this book via Netgalley in exchanged for an honest review.

I will be the first one to admit that this is not normally the type of book I would pick up solely based on the cover. At first glance this looks like a steamy romance featuring a cowboy. I'm not into swoony cowboy types, but I do like a good romantic suspense. This book delivers on both.
Shannon
Feb 17, 2020 rated it liked it

Grace
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tragedy and escalating threats drive together a couple who have a tumultuous history and old emotional wounds to resolve, in this latest installment of the Loveless series.

Kody Lawton has never had a simple life. To begin with, she is the daughter of the town's corrupt sheriff, Conrad. Then, she fell in love with the town's bad boy and wasn't enough to help him from a downward spiral. And finally, the man she thought had her back, "abandoned" her when she needed him most.

Hill Gamble never
Three Chicks
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

The next Lawton Sibling gets a chance at LOVE.

Let me run my disclaimer…. I have yet to read a Jay Crownover book that I haven’t inhaled, so I might seem a little biased, but I was not disappointed in this book.

Kody Lawton is the wild card in the Lawton siblings; everyone thinks it was Crew, but I’ve always had my money on Kody. She does what she pleases, and consequences be damned.

Losing her fiancé tragically cracked her heart, but what completely broke and shattered
Lindy
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

Unforgiven is the first book that I've read in the Loveless Texas Series. It has a heartbreaking and spellbinding prologue that reels you in to Hill Gamble and Kody Lawton's story.

These two have quite the past! Kody's first love was Hill's younger brother, Aaron, who was a troubled soul with severe mental health problems. Kody had been drawn to Hill first, but she dismissed the idea of them together, because Kody and Aaron, who started out as best friends, were a lot more alike.

Hill
Kim
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I knew there was a lot of history with Kody Lawton and Hill Gamble based upon their interactions in the last book, but I was not prepared for the depth of their pain.

Kody Lawton is the fiery, impulsive little sister of Case and Crew. She is now a bar owner and keeps some questionable company. But her past is filled with pain, abandonment, and chaos. She once was really close both to Hill and his younger brother, Aaron. Hill was the more untouchable, reserved, good guy that was going places.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Honey-Don't List
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Disavow (The Dumonts, #3)
  • Fashion Jungle
  • All I Ask
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)
  • Mermaid Inn
  • Release
  • Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Almost Just Friends (Wildstone, #4)
  • Dominik (Arizona Vengeance, #6)
  • Meet Cute
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • I Hate You
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
Jay Crownover is the International and multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Marked Men Series, The Saints of Denver Series, and The Point and Breaking Point Series. Her books can be found translated in many different languages all around the world. She is a tattooed, crazy haired Colorado native who lives at the base of the Rockies with her awesome dogs. This is where ...more

Loveless, Texas (2 books)
  • Justified (Loveless, Texas #1)