Start by marking “Music Is My Life: Soundtrack your mood with 80 artists for every occasion” as Want to Read:
Music Is My Life: Soundtrack your mood with 80 artists for every occasion

Music Is My Life: Soundtrack your mood with 80 artists for every occasion

Learn about music and emotion in this anthology for the whole family

With 80 artists, bands, and composers from all genres (including classical) there's something for every family member to love and recommend to the next generation (or, disagree with!) While away the hours, listening to artists and discovering new songs together.

Do you remember the first time you
Published February 4th 2020 by Wide Eyed Editions

To ask other readers questions about Music Is My Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Music Is My Life

Start your review of Music Is My Life: Soundtrack your mood with 80 artists for every occasion
Zac
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nonfiction books about music for kids are few and far between so this book is a welcome addition to my school library collection. It is absolutely brilliant! Such a cool way to introduce kids (and adults) to all sorts of music and artists. Some interesting snippets about each artist/group with recommended songs and albums to listen to. Not only is the information good, the illustrations are fabulous and really portray the different personalities.

A must-but book for primary, intermediate and
Natalie
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This book is a recommendation guide of music to listen to when your going through different emotional stages in your life and gives basic information on songs to listen to by numerous artists.
I would say that this book is aimed at ages between 9-15 as a guide.
This book was good but could have been made more interesting.
Theediscerning
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Hmmm This wasn't exactly the book I wanted, nor was it the book I thought to expect. It looked to be a kind of recommendation service, and in splitting musical acts up into what they do inspire us to be innovative, make us dance, give us solace when we're feeling up against it it does try its best and attach suggested artists to a specific purpose. The first entry, Lana del Rey, in the 'glumness' section, seemed to forecast a really good, accessible book of musicology for the young, showing ...more
joyce w. laudon
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a clever idea for an anthology!  The author organizes this book into sections that reflect moods such as "cry it out with, fall in love with, celebrate life with, focus with, dance around with" and more.  Each section features artists as, for example, cry it out with Lana Del Rey, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Joni Mitchell and others.  There is then information about each artist including biographical facts and suggestions of songs. This book with illustrations of the musicians would make a great ...more
Nii Books
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
This was an interesting book to read. Being a music maker and student I was quite excited to read this book. I didn't really expect too much of it nor was I surprised. I enjoyed the layout of the book quite a lot and found the artists featured quite diversified. However it wasn't as detailed or interesting as I had expected and it didn't really add anything to my playlist. It was a book with a lot of potential but not as good as it could have been.

Thank you to Quarto Publishing Group - Wide Eyed
Leah Horton
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love every aspect of this book. The colorful illustrations, musicians and artists to pair with emotions, the write ups. Everything in here is creative and beautiful.

Music can touch you and speak to you and drive you.

I want to binge this whole playlist.
Miss Zr
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was really useful and resourceful, the quick facts on each artist, band ,etc makes it a quick read. Loved the pictures and was so colourful. Thanks for letting me review
Paul Franco
Emily Meeks
Mar 04, 2020
Laura Owens
Mar 04, 2020

• Muhammad Ali (Pequeño & GRANDE, #1)
  • Stephen Hawking (Pequeño & GRANDE, #2)
  • Mindful Thoughts for Mothers: A journey of loving-awareness
  • Going Up!
  • Twisted Fairy Tales: Little Rude Riding Hood
  • Queer Heroes: Meet 53 LGBTQ Heroes From Past and Present!
  • Scaredy Monster (Scaredy Monster Book 1)
  • Search and Find Number of Numbers
  • What is Mommy Going to Do?
  • All About Allosaurus: A funny prehistoric tale about friendship and inclusion
  • My Singing Nana
  • Maria Montessori
  • Wild Art Workshop for Kids: A Kid's Guide to Making Supplies and Art from Nature
  • Big Ideas For Young Thinkers: 20 questions about life and the universe