Start by marking “Mated” as Want to Read:
Mated

Mated

As the brother of the pack alpha, Wren knows his place, even if that place occasionally brings him to harm. It's simply pack rules. But when a handsome new alpha and his pack come to town, challenging the status quo, Wren finds himself torn between the old wolf shifter attitude and a new one.

Gideon is the alpha of the Corwin pack. Though he moved into the territory to ta
Published July 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mated

Start your review of Mated
Nazanin
Jul 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Mated was my first read by Tricia Owens and surprisingly it was very enjoyable. But there were some holes in the story that unfortunately I didn’t get my answers. (view spoiler) Second, what happened with Corey?! I needed some closure with his crush and his behavior toward Wre
Jewel
This one showed promise, but did not hit the mark for me at all. The story dragged in places and by 50% I was mostly annoyed by both MC's and that didn't change for the rest of the book. And don't even get me started on Drew, who was a 1 dimensional bad guy. I needed to know Gideon's motivations, but we're given nothing but vague statements and actions until close to the end. With all the secrets and lies on both sides, I just didn't buy the connection. There was also a glaring plot hole that wa ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, paranormal, ebook, lbr

Ms. Owens gives us yet another solid story in this shifter book. It contains various elements, such as pack dynamics and history (old school v. modern mentality), family issues, power dynamics, mystery and intrigue and also love and smexy times. It didn’t take long to grab and keep my interest.

Wren is a sweetheart, beta to a jerk of a brother who rules the pack with old school, outdated theory of following the lead of the wolf side, a more animalistic way of living that doesn’t have much in the
Ariana
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: shifters, ku, lgbtq
*3,5 stars*

What a great set-up!

Young, ‘inexperienced in the world’, obedient beta (Wren).
A powerful, life-savvy and incredibly hot alpha (Gideon).
A forced marriage.
A homophobic pack dedicated to a weird cult.

But was it maybe too much for one single book?
I think what was most successful for me is the Wren-Gideon relationship development. The pull between them is as tangible as two super strong magnets clicking with each other. I also loved all the firsts for Wren, and the power of his feelings.

Ho
Tess
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
** 3.75 stars **
Joyfully Jay
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

I enjoyed Tricia Owens’ take on the shifter world in this paranormal story. There is a nice tone here, slightly dark and intense, that I think worked well for the book. The story gets twisty as everyone has hidden motives and I think it plays well into the tone of the book. I also thought the True Call concept made for some interesting world building. Wren is used to Drew’s leadership and philosophy, and while he doesn’t fully agree with the way Drew runs the pac
Renee
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tricia Owens’ Mated draws on intrigue, pack dynamics and most of all emotional intensity. Everything in this book fits incredibly well and left me completely satisfied.

The character development was very strong. I felt for Gideon and Wren and all that each of them faced individually and also together. Tricia Owens also did a great job pulling in other characters to compliment the story and adding depth without detracting from anything. The world building was flawless. It was intricate and incredi
E.
Shelves: romance, adult, paranormal
3.75 out of 5 stars

“Mated” by Tricia Owens features beta wolf shifter Wren, who gets used by his pack leader/brother as a pawn in an inter-pack dispute. Gideon, the alpha of a new neighboring pack, is ready to overturn the status quo, and that includes forging a connection with the delicious beta who has captured his attention, despite anyone else’s plans.

This adult gay paranormal romance has interesting twists and turns in the dynamics in two separate wolf-shifter packs. The contrast is nicely
Duncan Husky

You know, adults sometimes talk to each other? And work out relationships? Drama generated by the main characters failing to communicate is a pet peeve of mine and explains the so-so rating. It's a shame because I really liked Wren, and Gideon...well, he grew on me. Minimal world-building, but that doesn't detract from the story. The convoluted plot of who knows what and when they know it just got frustrating by the end.
Kirstin
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story packed a punch. There was so much to it making it difficult to put down.

Wren is the brother of the pack Alpha, who runs his pack with an iron fist. Wren has followed his alpha obediently, put doesn't necessarily agree with his ways.

Gideon is the Alpha of the Corbin pack, who just took over the lands that border Wren's. He's looking to make a deal on the land, but there are quite a few mysteries and secrets that get overturned along the way.

This book was so interesting. It had me guess
Kaila
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was an interesting read. so much was going on.. so many things.. emotions.. people.. it was fast paced and it kept me guessing what was going to come next. i really enjoyed it and am glad i got to read it. very good and i hope to see more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A suspenseful sexy PNR that captured my attention from the beginning. I loved the mystery and high tension throughout the whole story. It kept me guessing till the end. The characters were enjoyable to read and watch as they grew into their relationship with each other and those around them.
Megan
2.5 bewildered stars

Some truly interesting shifter concepts, beliefs, and practices were introduced in this book and coupled with a mystery that has greater significance for Wren than he could fathom, and you've got the makings of a really great story. ...The makings of...what we got fell a bit short for me. It opened with an emotionally fraught situation and something quite intriguing and ended with all kinds of heart and hope. I just wish all the other parts supported the bookends.

I spent a lo
Lioness7
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It had great characters, action, and a bit shifting going on. I think the thing I liked the most about this book was the relationship between Wren and Gideon. Wren came across as insecure or a follower. Gideon was the complete opposite. He was so sure of himself. They just balanced each other perfectly. I also loved Gideon's pack. They were interesting and helped the story along quite a bit.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was Wren's brother. I won't go into
Karolina Cebula
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

*4.5 - 5 stars*

Wren is a beta of a pack that lives according to the True Call philosophy, belief that the animal nature of shifters is superior to the human one. Therefore, his everyday life is not carefree and the most pleasant, but it's the only one he knows. However, everything changes when a new pack, which not only has completely different views, but also seems to pose a big threat, moves into the area next to them. What makes th
Josh Dale
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We follow the story of Wren the beta and alpha’s brother. His pack believe their wolf side is their true nature. The pack is set in its ways, known as true call. The Alpha’s word is law, Brutality is often the way they punish anyone that does not conform.

Wren suffers abuse by his fellow pack members and is finding it harder by the day to condone his brothers’ actions and the true call beliefs.

Suddenly there is a new pack that has bought out the neighboring packs territory. This does not sit well
Rachel
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Wren and Gideon's story is full of Shifter twist and turns that held my attention and grabbed me. Loved the fresh take on Shifter dynamics and seeing these guys build a connection and relationship. Both of these guys are different and complement each other perfectly. Each pack met and come to a head, mixing in and at the center is these two men trying to see how they fit together. Side characters like Drew add to the struggle and break your heart too. Don't want to say too much becau ...more
Anabela.M.
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what to do with myself after finishing this book, it was that beautiful.

Wren and his story has put me through so many emotions that I'm an absolute wreck right now. He's selfish, loyal and giving, and life only delivers him blow after blow. He has only ever tried to do the right thing for his undeserving pack mates,never considering his own needs or have his own wellbeing as a priority.

I don't know what to say about Gideon. Yes,he's a great, considerate alpha but I kinda hated tha
Belinda Zamora
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book that starts off with a bang and keeps up the breakneck speed.
Wren is the beta to his pack and his brother Drew is the alpha. Drew rules with an iron fist. He's malicious, violent and homophobic. That last part is especially troubling for Wren who's had to hide his true self his whole life. A new pack and alpha by the name of Gideon move in near their territory. He makes some threatening moves towards their pack, them proposes a mating between the top betas. This is done with ulteri
AL
Shelves: arc_reads
Did you ever get a gift wrapped in several layers of paper or put in several boxes? And all excited, you get to peel all the layers to get to the gift itself?
THIS is what reading this book felt like! I loved the twists and turns of the story, the characters that were so complex and so vividly presented. I even loved the fact that I couldn't help but dislike one of the MCs for most of the book!
In a package of a book you receive an amazingly riveting story that will make you question everything
Maria Vickers
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want something that is fast paced and full of page-turning goodness, then you will want to read Mated by Tricia Owens. There is a lot going on in this book and it is full of great characters, emotions, actions, steam, romance, and so much more, but even though it seems as if your head is spinning, it's not a hard read and you won't get lost. It's a story that is interesting and keeps you turning the page. It doesn't move slowly, and it's definitely not boring. This is one I highly recomme ...more
Dreamer's Books
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wren is brother to the alpha of the pack, he goes along even if he doesn’t agree with his brother’s ways. Gideon is the leader of the Corwin pack bordering their lands. These two meet and the chemistry is instant and explosive. The mysteries and secrets that come out may leave Gideon with a broken heart. Will Wren accept Gideon and can their relationship survive? A wonderful mm shifter romance.

I received a copy of this book via Gay Book Promotions and am leaving a review.
Kathryn Manzella
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mated by Tricia Owens is a Paranormal MM stand alone Romance with a high heat index. It has mystery, suspense, tension, secrets and betrayal. It is steamy and sexy, and reflections of family. Wren and Gideon have a bond and their pack is family, something Wren really needs. I love the characters and their story.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation
Oct 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
I have mixed feelings for Mated. There was a lot that worked for me in this book, and a lot that didn't. I found the blurb of the book to be slightly misleading, so I'll clarify some of what confused me when I read the book:

Wren belongs to Sezary back, where's he's the top-beta to his brother, Drew. Drew is a tyrannizing and abusive alpha, and Wren does his best to curb the edges of his anger, often becoming the target of his wrath. When their neighboring pack is taken over by the Corwin pack,
Reflection
This book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review via the MMRG Don’t Buy My Love Program.

Only last Friday (while our world struggles with the impact of Corona Virus) one politician in Northern Ireland pontificated that COVID-19 is God's punishment to the world because Northern Ireland recently introduced equality legislation recognising both gay marriage, and freedom of choice on abortion. Who knew?

The fact that we suffer ill-educated and frankly disgraceful phil
Ser
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A free copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review via the MM Romance Group ‘Don’t Buy My Love’ program.

I am intrigued by werewolf romances and this one worked for me. In general, I find the power dynamics and relationships in werewolf romances to be interesting, how that trope plays with the power dynamics within a romantic relationship and also among the couple's surrounding pack or family. I'm always fascinated by the way different authors create different we
Tina
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mated by Tricia Owens is just the type of reading I love. MM and Wolves that is right up my alley. I loved the pace of this book, not too slow or fast it allowed me to really sink into this story.
This book is not part of a series, but I really wish it was. I feel this would be the perfect start to more. Well maybe I just loved it so much I do not want to stop hearing about Wren and his adventures.
Wren he is part of a pack that is more primal based. They rule through fear and intimidation. Wren i
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.5 stars)

When a new pack comes and takes over the neighboring territory, Wren's pack is understandably a bit on edge. When the two packs end up meeting, Drew, Wren's brother and also the alpha, strikes a bargain with Gideon, the alpha of the new pack. The deal is a mating between the two packs so that they can avoid a war and try and live in some sort of harmony. When Wren is picked to mate with Gideon's beta, at first Wren is unsure as to what is going on, but he will do wh
Alexis Woods
Mar 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
A copy of this book was provided free from the author in return for an honest review via the Goodreads Don't Buy my love program.

Well, I liked this book, but I can't say that I loved it. It was definitely intriguing, and thought-provoking, but maybe a little lacking in the emotional components. By that, I mean I wasn't feeling the emotions of the characters as much as I would have liked.

This story was told from the points of view of the two main characters. Character number one was Wren, the b

• Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Dead Man Stalking (Blood and Bone, #1)
  • Omega Kidnapped (Bad Guys and Babies #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • Concealed Magic (Magic and Claws, #2)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Jon's Crazy Head-Boppin' Mystery (Jon's Mysteries, #2)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Honeythorn
  • Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • The King's Dragon (Fire and Valor #1)
  • Bodyguard's Bite (Howler Brothers #2)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
I write urban fantasy, paranormal romance, m/m fiction and menage fiction, with probably more genres to come! Please visit my website and sign up for my newsletter so you'll be kept apprised of my frequent new releases:

Website: http://www.triciaowensbooks.com/