Start by marking “Mated” as Want to Read:
Mated

Mated

As the brother of the pack alpha, Wren knows his place, even if that place occasionally brings him to harm. It's simply pack rules. But when a handsome new alpha and his pack come to town, challenging the status quo, Wren finds himself torn between the old wolf shifter attitude and a new one.

Gideon is the alpha of the Corwin pack. Though he moved into the territory to tak
Published July 2nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mated

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm, lbr, paranormal

Ms. Owens gives us yet another solid story in this shifter book. It contains various elements, such as pack dynamics and history (old school v. modern mentality), family issues, power dynamics, mystery and intrigue and also love and smexy times. It didn’t take long to grab and keep my interest.

Wren is a sweetheart, beta to a jerk of a brother who rules the pack with old school, outdated theory of following the lead of the wolf side, a more animalistic way of living that doesn’t have much in the
Joyfully Jay
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

I enjoyed Tricia Owens’ take on the shifter world in this paranormal story. There is a nice tone here, slightly dark and intense, that I think worked well for the book. The story gets twisty as everyone has hidden motives and I think it plays well into the tone of the book. I also thought the True Call concept made for some interesting world building. Wren is used to Drew’s leadership and philosophy, and while he doesn’t fully agree with the way Drew runs the pac
Renee
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tricia Owens’ Mated draws on intrigue, pack dynamics and most of all emotional intensity. Everything in this book fits incredibly well and left me completely satisfied.

The character development was very strong. I felt for Gideon and Wren and all that each of them faced individually and also together. Tricia Owens also did a great job pulling in other characters to compliment the story and adding depth without detracting from anything. The world building was flawless. It was intricate and incredi
Tess
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
** 3.75 stars **
E.
Shelves: adult, paranormal, romance
3.75 out of 5 stars

“Mated” by Tricia Owens features beta wolf shifter Wren, who gets used by his pack leader/brother as a pawn in an inter-pack dispute. Gideon, the alpha of a new neighboring pack, is ready to overturn the status quo, and that includes forging a connection with the delicious beta who has captured his attention, despite anyone else’s plans.

This adult gay paranormal romance has interesting twists and turns in the dynamics in two separate wolf-shifter packs. The contrast is nicely
Kirstin
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story packed a punch. There was so much to it making it difficult to put down.

Wren is the brother of the pack Alpha, who runs his pack with an iron fist. Wren has followed his alpha obediently, put doesn't necessarily agree with his ways.

Gideon is the Alpha of the Corbin pack, who just took over the lands that border Wren's. He's looking to make a deal on the land, but there are quite a few mysteries and secrets that get overturned along the way.

This book was so interesting. It had me guess
Karolina Cebula
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

*4.5 - 5 stars*

Wren is a beta of a pack that lives according to the True Call philosophy, belief that the animal nature of shifters is superior to the human one. Therefore, his everyday life is not carefree and the most pleasant, but it's the only one he knows. However, everything changes when a new pack, which not only has completely different views, but also seems to pose a big threat, moves into the area next to them. What makes th
Kaila
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was an interesting read. so much was going on.. so many things.. emotions.. people.. it was fast paced and it kept me guessing what was going to come next. i really enjoyed it and am glad i got to read it. very good and i hope to see more
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A suspenseful sexy PNR that captured my attention from the beginning. I loved the mystery and high tension throughout the whole story. It kept me guessing till the end. The characters were enjoyable to read and watch as they grew into their relationship with each other and those around them.
Rachel
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read! Wren and Gideon's story is full of Shifter twist and turns that held my attention and grabbed me. Loved the fresh take on Shifter dynamics and seeing these guys build a connection and relationship. Both of these guys are different and complement each other perfectly. Each pack met and come to a head, mixing in and at the center is these two men trying to see how they fit together. Side characters like Drew add to the struggle and break your heart too. Don't want to say too much becau ...more
Anabela.M.
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what to do with myself after finishing this book, it was that beautiful.

Wren and his story has put me through so many emotions that I'm an absolute wreck right now. He's selfish, loyal and giving, and life only delivers him blow after blow. He has only ever tried to do the right thing for his undeserving pack mates,never considering his own needs or have his own wellbeing as a priority.

I don't know what to say about Gideon. Yes,he's a great, considerate alpha but I kinda hated tha
Belinda Zamora
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book that starts off with a bang and keeps up the breakneck speed.
Wren is the beta to his pack and his brother Drew is the alpha. Drew rules with an iron fist. He's malicious, violent and homophobic. That last part is especially troubling for Wren who's had to hide his true self his whole life. A new pack and alpha by the name of Gideon move in near their territory. He makes some threatening moves towards their pack, them proposes a mating between the top betas. This is done with ulteri
AL
Shelves: arc_reads
Did you ever get a gift wrapped in several layers of paper or put in several boxes? And all excited, you get to peel all the layers to get to the gift itself?
THIS is what reading this book felt like! I loved the twists and turns of the story, the characters that were so complex and so vividly presented. I even loved the fact that I couldn't help but dislike one of the MCs for most of the book!
In a package of a book you receive an amazingly riveting story that will make you question everything
Pamela
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wren is brother to the alpha of the pack, he goes along even if he doesn’t agree with his brother’s ways. Gideon is the leader of the Corwin pack bordering their lands. These two meet and the chemistry is instant and explosive. The mysteries and secrets that come out may leave Gideon with a broken heart. Will Wren accept Gideon and can their relationship survive? A wonderful mm shifter romance.

I received a copy of this book via Gay Book Promotions and am leaving a review.
Maria Vickers
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want something that is fast paced and full of page-turning goodness, then you will want to read Mated by Tricia Owens. There is a lot going on in this book and it is full of great characters, emotions, actions, steam, romance, and so much more, but even though it seems as if your head is spinning, it's not a hard read and you won't get lost. It's a story that is interesting and keeps you turning the page. It doesn't move slowly, and it's definitely not boring. This is one I highly recomme ...more
Kathryn Manzella
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mated by Tricia Owens is a Paranormal MM stand alone Romance with a high heat index. It has mystery, suspense, tension, secrets and betrayal. It is steamy and sexy, and reflections of family. Wren and Gideon have a bond and their pack is family, something Wren really needs. I love the characters and their story.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving my honest review and recommendation
Megan
2.5 bewildered stars

Some truly interesting shifter concepts, beliefs, and practices were introduced in this book and coupled with a mystery that has greater significance for Wren than he could fathom, and you've got the makings of a really great story. ...The makings of...what we got fell a bit short for me. It opened with an emotionally fraught situation and something quite intriguing and ended with all kinds of heart and hope. I just wish all the other parts supported the bookends.

I spent a lo
Josh Dale
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We follow the story of Wren the beta and alpha’s brother. His pack believe their wolf side is their true nature. The pack is set in its ways, known as true call. The Alpha’s word is law, Brutality is often the way they punish anyone that does not conform.

Wren suffers abuse by his fellow pack members and is finding it harder by the day to condone his brothers’ actions and the true call beliefs.

Suddenly there is a new pack that has bought out the neighboring packs territory. This does not sit well
Tina
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mated by Tricia Owens is just the type of reading I love. MM and Wolves that is right up my alley. I loved the pace of this book, not too slow or fast it allowed me to really sink into this story.
This book is not part of a series, but I really wish it was. I feel this would be the perfect start to more. Well maybe I just loved it so much I do not want to stop hearing about Wren and his adventures.
Wren he is part of a pack that is more primal based. They rule through fear and intimidation. Wren i
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.5 stars)

When a new pack comes and takes over the neighboring territory, Wren's pack is understandably a bit on edge. When the two packs end up meeting, Drew, Wren's brother and also the alpha, strikes a bargain with Gideon, the alpha of the new pack. The deal is a mating between the two packs so that they can avoid a war and try and live in some sort of harmony. When Wren is picked to mate with Gideon's beta, at first Wren is unsure as to what is going on, but he will do wh
John Altman

(14) Plo
Denise White
Jul 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF

I can't read this author ... I have no idea the point of this book...this Willamette last book I try to read from this author... This was the third book I've tried to read and each one is a END for me which is rare...
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the storyline, the buildup and tension between Wren and Gideon had it so I could't put it down. I had to know what happened next. Wren and Gideon had a great dynamic and it made for a very enjoyable read.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by Gay Book Promotions*
Lina
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5

I loved this book, it gave me all the feels. I just wished it were longer but it made me feel for the characters and I would love to see more in this world. This needs to get more attention !
Nadège
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3,75/5
Ashley Allen
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This story is mysterious, suspenseful, and kept you guessing the whole way through. The characters grab your attention from the very beginning and keep you wondering. I love how this story started with two packs making and deal and then leading to so much more then that.
P Leslie
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review, m-m, shifters
*I voluntarily read this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

Wren comes from a pack where the old ways are followed. His brother runs his pack with fear, cruelty and violence. When Wren and Gideon’s paths cross; the clash of old and new ways begins. Sparks fly between the new alpha and beta but will they give into their desires?

Poor Wren was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He couldn’t win no matter which path he took yet he didn’t stray in the wrong direction. H
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this suspenseful, angsty book. It was my first book by Ms. Owens but certainly will not be my last. I love a good paranormal werewolf book. It's fast-paced and emotional at the same time.
I disliked Wren's brother from the first time he showed up on the page and the dislike got stronger with each chapter.
I wanted so much for Wren, he's a young man who has been put through the wringer every time he turned around. The relationship between Wren and Gideon built at a great pace and each
Gema Cela rodríguez
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this story. It was captivating and kept me turning pages without pause. Besides the characters' development, especially Wren's, is really well done and the fact that the two packs have very different pack dynamics adds some more depth to an already gripping storyline.
Bran Zesti
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story... oh it grips you, holds you and takes you for a ride. I very good ride. A ride you'll want to take more than once. I enjoyed this book so much.
« previous 1 3 next »
I write urban fantasy, paranormal romance, m/m fiction and menage fiction, with probably more genres to come! Please visit my website and sign up for my newsletter so you'll be kept apprised of my frequent new releases:

Website: http://www.triciaowensbooks.com/