Start by marking “Find Your Voice: A Guided Journal for Writing Your Truth” as Want to Read:
Find Your Voice: A Guided Journal for Writing Your Truth

Find Your Voice: A Guided Journal for Writing Your Truth

Write fearlessly. Write what is true and real to you.

In this guided journal, #1 New York Times bestselling author Angie Thomas shares advice and best practices for developing a true-to-you writing project. This book is an excellent choice for tween readers in grades 7 to 8, especially during homeschooling. It’s a fun way to keep your child entertained and engaged while
Published March 3rd 2020 by Balzer + Bray

Start your review of Find Your Voice: A Guided Journal for Writing Your Truth
C.G. Drews
This is the perfect book for aspiring writers who really really want to take that plunge to be a Writer, but don't know where to start. It has Angie Thomas' amazing voice and it's both no-nonsense and super encouraging. I'm not new to writing, but I still found it really warming at times? It was like a reminder of the good ol' basic steps to create a book from the ground up. You can go into this journal with next to NOTHING. Just the dream to write a book. And it'll coach you through it all.

It i
Samama Reza
May 16, 2020 marked it as never-finished
“Being brave doesn’t mean you’re not scared. It means you go on even though you are scared.”

Find your Voice by Angie Thomas had all the thorough details one needs to start their writing journey. We all have a story within us that needs to be told, and this book does just that to help us come out. With strong heartfelt couch-like words and empty pages to share your own side of the story, this book is super helpful that teaches you to reach your desired writing goal. Want to write your own book?
Cassandra
This is what happens when a pep talk, some solid but basic craft advice, beautiful interior design, and a journal have a love child. Angie Thomas provides a great how-to for writers who have nothing more than spunk and a spark. The advice was pretty basic, so seasoned or older writers might not enjoy this as much, but I highly recommend this book for anyone new(ish) to the writing craft looking for a place to start turning their dream book into a real manuscript.
Jason Eifling
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
This review will be biased, I admit that.
This is a helpful writing guide to help your WRITING, this is NOT a novel. I've had the pleasure of spending time with Angie Thomas a few times (I told you this was biased) and the language she uses here is what she would say if speaking to you face to face. I have heard her speak to students in large and smaller settings, and her message/language has been the same (See the section on zero/first draft) every time.
And now, she wants to pass her writing pr
Justin McDowell
Apr 10, 2020 rated it liked it
If she only included examples for us visual learners.
legenbooksdary
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Find Your Voice: A Guided Journal For Writing Your Truth by Angie Thomas is a must own book for every writer, old and new. This is the kind of book that I will find myself referencing and flipping through from time to time. Its like a training wheel when you first started biking as it will slowly guide you until you can take it off and ride on your own.

This journal covers almost everything every writer needs to know while working on their stories. A step by step process of an idea to outlining
Kim Childress
For fans of The Hate You Give and Us on the Come Up, this guided journal also by Angie Thomas includes 24 illustrated and inspirational quotes from both acclaimed novels, and plenty of blank pages for your own words. In addition to leading readers to write fearlesslessly--which I absolutely love!--this journal also aims to inspire anyone who harbors a desire for the writing life--also absolutely love! With advice and doable tips for developing a true-to-you writing project. This book is perfect ...more
idreamofallthebooks
A writing journal from one of my favourite authors? Count me in!

This journal is a fountain of knowledge about the craft of writing, and how it is a matter of perseverance and time that will make story grow. After reading through the different elements and suggestions woven throughout the journal, I couldn’t stop myself from envisioning all the different ways I could integrate some of the prompts into creative writing challenges for my students.

The layout of the journal was well-spaced out. There
Heather Bekkers
Mar 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a great journal to work through, but some of its pages were just too short. They didn't give me enough pages to really write down all of my thoughts. That might be a personal issue, but I really did like this. ...more
Garance J. Bonadonna (The Nerdy Artivist)
This was ok, I guess fans of Angie Thomas might like it even more. It had good advice, but it was all a bit shallow. It lacked substance and maybe more of a method. But the exercices were interesting enough.
I would recommend it for novice writers, and YA fans.
sukhroopandbooks
I didn’t think I was going to like this book as much as I did. I can’t wait to apply her exercises, and dramatically build my story.
Christine Fitzgerald
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Love this journal for all my aspiring writers young and old!
Sundal
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book
Cynthia
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
For an impulse buy I honestly didn't think I would find it so interesting and informative. ...more
Lee
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-book
Interactive journal
Reading, writing, thinking, creating
Not a quick read at all. Takes time to create and Angie Thomas takes through each step.
Dan
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like how this journal is set up to help young people tell their own stories, and I hope to give it as a gift to young people interested in writing.
Ms. Everitt
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this as a book for young writers! It has great, clear instructions; it's down to earth; and it's hilarious! If I were teaching creative writing, I'd be ordering this book for all my students. It's definitely one I'd share with a student who was wanting to get better at writing, or who wanted to start the long path of honing the art of taking ideas and getting them down on the page! ...more
Destiny
May 16, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Guts
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Daughter of Chaos (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #2)
  • Allegedly
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Howard Stern Comes Again
  • White Bird
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0)
  • Dear Ava
  • Ban This Book
  • Drama
  • Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book
  • The Wednesday Wars
  • Ayesha at Last
  • Koridwen (U4 #4)
  • The Shape of Water (Inspector Montalbano, #1)
  • The Children Act
  • Chef Yasmina and the Potato Panic
Angie Thomas was born, raised, and still resides in Jackson, Mississippi as indicated by her accent. She is a former teen rapper whose greatest accomplishment was an article about her in Right-On Magazine with a picture included. She holds a BFA in Creative Writing from Belhaven University and an unofficial degree in Hip Hop. She can also still rap if needed. She is an inaugural winner of the Walt ...more