Start by marking “Butterfly” as Want to Read:
Butterfly

Butterfly

From a butterfly's first struggle to free itself from the chrysalis and take flight, to the life-and-death dramas of courtship, reproduction, protection and defence, Thomas Marent's photography is a celebration of these remarkable creatures and a portrait of some of the 165,000 species spread over almost every region of the world.
Published October 1st 2008 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published March 17th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Butterfly

Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsWings by Aprilynne PikeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFragile Eternity by Melissa MarrVex by Addison Moore
Butterfly covers
144 books — 67 voters
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. PearsonWings by Aprilynne PikeEmma by Jane AustenThe Declaration by Gemma MalleyTithe by Holly Black
Butterflies
331 books — 152 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Butterfly
Jessica
This book is beautiful! I had been looking for a butterfly book that featured more pictures of butterflies with their wings open and this is the first book to do so. No blue morphos (my favorite) but lots of swallowtails and glasswings and a few birdwings. Cool caterpillar pictures, too. The kids at school will like.
Jason
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating information on all types of butterflies; and the pictures are absolutely stunning!
Freda Mans-Labianca
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
A stunning collection of butterflies, moths and larvae in photography. There were so many different butterflies, each unique in their own way.
I really enjoyed looking through the photos, though I felt the binding did take away from some of the larger photos, still a very good visual experience.
I think a lot of butterfly fans should check it out, mainly due to its mass amount of species in it. Like I said, there were many I had never heard of before, and I'm sure a seasoned butterfly watcher
Kelly
I use Marent's book as a pictorial resource for my preschool students when we study caterpillars, butterflies, their life cycle, and their behaviors. The photographs are stunning and extremely accessible to pre-readers.
Spider the Doof Warrior
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-love-this-book
This book has the most beautiful pictures. You can see the scales of each butterflies' wings.
It's delightful!

My only gripe is seeing butterfly pictures get cut off by the pages' middle.
Susan
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting and informative.
Kanyarat Khamjing
Ada
Feb 26, 2017
Katherine
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully illustrated science book. I bought it for my bright, early-reader granddaughter.
Renee Lord