Start by marking “The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths, #1)

The Secrets We Held

(Secrets and Truths #1)

New Adult Romance
Book 1/2

Born and raised in West Palm Beach, it’s time for Kate to move to Miami, spread her wings, and have the time of her life.

Wings are easily broken.

Deception masks itself as love while it slowly consumes every inch of her world. Lies spin into a web, trapping her in a nightmare she believes to be a fairy tale.

Fairy tales only live in fables.

Soon,
Expected publication: February 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Secrets We Held, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secrets We Held

Start your review of The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths, #1)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540

I'm so excited to see where this author leads me with this book..Diving in tonight!!
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 3.5 - 4 Stars ~

I have spent the past couple days trying to process my feelings about this book. Even after thinking on it for a couple days, I am conflicted about The Secrets We Held.

I have always thoroughly enjoyed E.K. Blair’s books and I did enjoy this one, but something just didn’t connect with me.

As always this book covered a really tough subject and may cause some triggers with readers. Her books are always filled with emotion, realism and are
Lauren Luman
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Initially, the story was a little hard to follow because so many different characters kept being introduced and there was a lot going on in each scene.

Eventually, though, the story came together and found its central focus: a young college girl trying to navigate her way through budding relationships, friendly and romantic.

I enjoyed the writing style and the material was a little tough because of the subject matter, but it was quick to get through.

There were some predictable moments because of
Tia Louise
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
E.K. Blair is BACK with a story that will have you clicking frantically and begging for MORE. If you loved the CRAVE duet, you are going to devour this new set. Emotional, heartbreaking, and so well-written. Get ready for all the feels, and you're only on Book #1...
Renee Jamison-Hardman
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are familiar with EK's The Crave Series Duet then you have been introduced to Kate and Trent. Trent is that guy: the player, the surfer, the chill down to earth guy that all women want to know and be close to. Kate is no exception to the magitism that is Trent. Kate quickly gets stuck in the Trent friend-zone and has to watch the up close and personal interactions he has with other woman.

"It kind of makes me want to laugh. I like him for who he is, yet here I am, trying to change him to
April Timmons
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me first start by saying have I read a book by EK Blair that I have not enjoyed? Absolutely not. All of her books are amazing. First of all, the flood of emotions that come into the story is deep. You will fall in love with Kate and all that she goes through, but then you want to grab her and wondering why she does what she does. This is a story of what I see is understanding real love and what is just being comfortable with a person. With Trent, I am to knock some sense in him and say what ...more
Heather Poll
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this one more than five stars, I loved it that much! It was raw. It was a rollercoaster of emotion. I couldn't get enough! I fell in love with these characters...but that's what E.k. does, she writes in a way that never fails to leave you feeling emotionally connected to her characters. It was so good to reconnect with some of my favorites from her Crave Duet that I loved so much! I cannot wait to read the second half of this duet!
Stacey
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
E.K. Blair is, without a shadow of a doubt, BACK! And she has brought her emotional artistry with her! E.K. delivers all the feels, and I do mean …All. The. Feels!

She first captured my attention with her Fading Series. She captured my imagination with her Black Lotus Series. Her Crave Duet had me craving and yearning for more; and she absolutely broke my heart and stole my soul with The Secrets We Held. E.K. delivers Kate’s story with such raw and real emotion, that only she is capable of, and I
Kim
Feb 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
I was truly captivated by The Secrets We Held from E.K. Blair. This book truly broke my heart into pieces and I’m waiting for book two to hopefully put it back together!

This story is exciting, emotional, and heartbreaking and you will feel every single emotion right along with the characters in this story. There is definitely some heavy subject matter that will not be for all readers.

It’s been quite a while since I’ve read E.K. Blair and I have to say that I am so glad she’s back! What an
Aimz
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow... The Secrets We Held... that was an intense and wild ride. I loved this story... a story about a young woman, Kate, who findslove.. this is a story about what we are willing to do for love, rationalizations, justifications.... I don’t want to give anything away but this book was incredible! The way EK Blair is able to truly let you see why Kate does what she does is amazing! You get into her thoughts and while sitting on the outside reading you may want to yell at Kate, but the way it is ...more
Jenny
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so captivated by this book! It was so amazing and sometimes hard to read. As soon as I read what this book was supposed to be about I knew I wanted to read it. This is about Kate and her boyfriend and friends. I can’t wait to read the conclusion and see where this story goes. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK! It does have some triggers that may make it hard for some people to read though.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Lisa
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
EK is back and she is about to smack you with all the emotional feels. The Secrets We Held is intense, heart-breaking, and written beautifully. By the end of this read, I was an emotional wreck and all I could think was, I need more.

The Truths We Told coming March 12th.
Stacy
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t want to put the book down, very well written. The book was intense and captivating. I NEED the next book, I need to know how this ends!!!!
Sally
I absolutely LOVE this story! If you're a fan of EK Blair's Fading series or her Crave duet, you will love this duet as well. I felt so many emotions while reading this book. This is a spin-off of the Crave duet but you do not need to read it before reading the Secrets and Truths duet. This is a standalone duet, but I do think you should read the Crave duet as well because it's amazing.

This is the story of Kate and Trent who are in college at the University of Miami. A lot happens when you're
Kylie The Bookaholick
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After taking 2 years off E.K. Blair is back!
The Secrets We Held is the first book in her new duet, which is a companion to The Crave Duet. Readers do not have to have read The Craver Duet first to be able to enjoy this duet. This duet focus on Kate and Trent who are both freshmen at the University of Miami. Freshman year is supposed to be a time for finding one’s independence, meeting new people, making new friends and trying to figure out who you are as a person.
EK Blair’s books are known for
Chantal
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
E.k. Blair is definitely back. Once again has she managed to get you to fall in love with the characters and the storyline. It did start a bit slow for me but after a few more pages it did come to life for me.......and once I was into it I could not put it down.

The story told so real about something that happens everyday in someone’s live. I don’t want to say too much not to give away the plot. I can say this, it ends with a cliffhanger leaving you wanting more. I can’t wait to read the second
Melissa Dahl
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
When E.K. Blair comes back, she comes back in a BIG way. If you loved the Crave Duets you will love this. I have to say, this book recked me. I could not put down. This book deals with very grown up issues for individuals just starting to become adults. As a society we have this perfect idea of love, and what we will do with it and for it. Kate the main female character deals with this, and what it means to her. Does money and power realIy rule all?? I can't wait to read the second book to see ...more
Alicia
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 nerve wracking stars for this bravely, honestly written book about an incredibly important subject. Written with a clarity and deceptive simplicity, it sums up the steps that can lead any one into a situation/relationship, in which one person's trusting, kind and loving nature can be used and misused. I am reluctant to write anything else about the book as I feel it deserves to be read without detail from me. My heart was in my mouth, particularly in the last half of the book as the plot ...more
Megan
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Where to start with this one!!! First of all I need the second book now!!!! I really enjoyed this book so much! I was hooked from the very beginning. I didn’t want to put it down! The book does jump around a lot with the time line. For me in some ways the story did seemed a bit rushed! I also think if I read the crave duet first I may not feel that way. I will read that and see if that changes my opinion. That would be the only thing that doesn’t make this a five star read for me. I will ...more
Ashley Cestra
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I got sucked into this story so quick.
I love the web created between the characters and their ties to each other.
E.K. Uses writing to push the reader into places that one will never forget.
I only have one dying question....WHERES BOOK TWO?!
Stacy Hahn
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Secrets We Held blew me away! Get ready for your heart to be in a vice. E.K. Blair was spot on and will leave you stunned. I can’t say more without giving something away. Trust me, this is one book you don’t want to miss, and will not soon forget!
Konny
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Secrets We Held by E.K. Blair is book one in the Secrets and Truths Duet. It's a na romance and tells Kate, Trent and Caleb's sports - college story, well written.
Their story concludes in The Truths We Told.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a first for me by this author, it is a good story and I need the next one now!
Caroline O'Sullivan
Feb 17, 2020
Sai
rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2020
Kim Whitehead
Feb 17, 2020
Lynn Goodrich
rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2019
E.K. Blair
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
buzy_reading
Debi Price
Lisa
Dec 06, 2019

• Dear Ava
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Waiting for my Queen
  • Revenge (Slay Quartet #3)
  • The Wives
  • The Affair
  • Inappropriate
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Divided Interests (Southern Bride #3)
  • Cold Queen
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Before You
  • American Squire
  • Secrets & Lies
  • Dr. Dan
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Drowning With Others
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)

Secrets and Truths (2 books)
  • The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths, #2)