Start by marking “Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time” as Want to Read:

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  119 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"In order for a Web site to sell effectively, it must appeal to the unique culture, mindset, and psychology of the Web. Simply put, what works in the brick-and-mortar world does not necessarily grab Web shoppers. Companies selling products and services online need to promote their wares with engaging copy that grabs attention and compels Web site visitors to buy.

Web Copy T
Published October 29th 2004 by AMACOM/American Management Association (first published June 15th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Web Copy That Sells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Web Copy That Sells

Tami
Oct 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Not all websites are created equally. The majority of websites are rather boring: a little text and perhaps a few graphics. Other sites try to grab the readers’ attention with a lot of colorful graphics and a lot of fancy ad-speak.

When it comes to promoting business success, neither type of website will be very useful. The rather plain site will be virtually ignored. Most readers won’t even bother to read your web copy.

On the other hand, the flashy site will scream out advertisement. It’s like
Eartha
Jan 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I recommend this book for anyone venturing into the world of internet marketing. It breaks down the essential elements that go into a sales page and helps you to begin thinking like a marketer.

If you want to learn how to write your own sales pages, this is a great book to get you started. I know I will refer back to this book often for my own web sites.
Krisha Newham
Jun 25, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who markets on the web
HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who markets on the web. I pull this book out so many times a day it's not even funny. It's simple to understand, effective and makes you really examine your web copy. I particularly value the chapters on email marketing, because I have no experience whatsoever.
June
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: writing
Good tips. I got most use from the first half of the book. She provides a blueprint for creating web copy for websites and emails. As a newbie, these were useful.
Tamara
Jan 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Should have requested the newer edition...

Though I think this offers some useful tips, the tone is very much that of a salesperson who is trying to manipulate people to do what s/he wants. I know that this tone turns me off, and I imagine it does for others as well. If you're going to manipulate people, you should be less obvious about it!

Useful tips:

Write editorial headlines instead of advertising headlines: 9 Facts You Must Know about Hair Products vs. Buy This Hair Product Now! (People come t
Svarnyp
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: help, skills
A book about writing web copy or in general texts that sell. Some of the advices seem today already outdated, or at least the examples seem to me became already mainstream. However, it is good to see the idea behind these websites and their texts. Although it seems that today many spam sites and mails use the same techniques and hence we might gain some resistance to them. This is strengthened by the examples the author uses which are often from the spam domain (all of financial or medical spam ...more
Lyndon Antcliff
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good overview of copy writing for beginners.
Rafal
Nov 24, 2012
Henk Pechler
Jun 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Advertising Secrets of the Written Word: The Ultimate Resource on How to Write Powerful Advertising Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters and Mail Order Entrepreneurs
  • Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords: How to Access 100 Million People in 10 Minutes
  • Landing Page Optimization: The Definitive Guide to Testing and Tuning for Conversions
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back, Foreword by Guy Kawasaki: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • Always Be Testing: The Complete Guide to Google Website Optimizer
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Success Secrets of the Online Marketing Superstars
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Plug Your Book: Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity Through Social Networking
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches
  • Breakthrough Advertising
  • Starting an Online Business for Dummies
  • Writing Nonfiction: Turning Thoughts Into Books
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • PHP & MySQL For Dummies
  • Selling the Dream
  • Social Boom!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, Rake in the Cash, and Grind Your Competition Into the Dirt

Nonfiction Deals

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99