Start by marking “The Widows’ Club” as Want to Read:
The Widows’ Club

The Widows’ Club

There’s a murderer in their midst…

@thewidowsclub
In response to unprecedented media interest, we confirm that the murder victim was a member of our group. We will not be commenting further.

When April joins a support group for young widows, she’s looking for answers after her husband’s sudden death. What she finds instead is a group in turmoil.

Set up by well-meaning
Published January 9th 2020 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Widows’ Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Widows’ Club

Start your review of The Widows’ Club
Amanda
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have never read an Amanda Brooke book before, but after reading such good reviews, I was very excited to start this.

April is struggling to cope after the death of her husband Jason. She joins the Widows Club where she befriends other widows, coming together to support one another. The group is not perfect, we have a new member Nick who may not be who he says he is and a battle of control between 2 women.

April soon befriends Tara and Faith who listens to her when she tells them she thinks
Georgina
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Finding it hard to cope since the sudden death of her young husband, April seeks solace with the widows' club: a support group for the young and bereaved. But the group itself is struggling - its leadership is in question and its members are at odds. It soon becomes clear that not everyone is who they say they are, and shocking secrets are revealed... but who will pay the ultimate price for their silence?

For me, this was just a really odd one. It started off as a standard domestic drama, with
Miss R
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley and HarperCollins for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

A gripping, twisty psychological thriller that demands to be read.

As soon as I read the blurb for this book I knew I had to get my hands on a copy. When my wishes came true, thanks to Netgalley and Harper Collins, I was thrilled. "The Widows Club" lived up to my expectations and then some. Yes, it is a slow burner, but in my opinion it was all the more rewarding for the gradual build up in tension... and then... it
Cheryl
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
When April loses her husband in sudden and tragic circumstances, she joins a local grief support group known as the Widows' Club in order to try and process her feelings in a supportive environment. But with several group members tussling for control, a new member who may not be exactly who or what he says he is, and an increasing certainty that her husband was cheating on her prior to his sudden death, April may find a lot more than she was originally looking for....

I'm going to be honest and
Sally Tyrer
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The widows club tackles the sensitive distressing topic of losing your loved one,the members meet up to help and support each other through this time of loss and grief! However things aren’t quite as they seem the group is struggling and not really managing and those attending are not quite what they seem! As friendships forge and relationships develop we see unexpected twists and turns develop that demonstrate that we don’t always think clearly in times of grief and those that are our friends ...more
Jasmine Rose
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
This could not have been more predictable from early on. Half way through I was questioning why I was still reading it but I finished to see if my prediction had been correct. It could have been a really amazing book, not sure what happened ...more
Lynsey Farmer
3.5
Candy
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent !
I love Amanda’s books and always look forward to her new one.
I couldn’t put it down and what a sting in the tail !! Brilliant just brilliant !!
10/10 !
Ms K J Knowles
Another great novel by Amanda Brooke

Amanda really has got a way of developing a plot with unforeseeable twists ! I really enjoyed the revelations towards the end of the novel.
Victoria
Nov 27, 2019
Vicki Church
Maddie Erskine
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’ve read a few books by this author, this one is by far the best, sat up all night reading it. What starts out as a bereavement group leads into the characters personal stories, with some unexpected twists along the way, really gripping storyline. The bereavement group itself is dealt with in a very pragmatic manner. I have personal experience of this and felt that it formed a really good base for the story as a whole.
Jill

• Seven Days
  • Alice Teale is Missing: The gripping thriller packed with twists
  • Little White Lies
  • Unfollow Me
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • The Better Liar
  • Little Friends
  • Postscript (P.S. I Love You, #2)
  • Single
  • The Other Wife
  • Three Hours
  • Who Did You Tell?
  • Keep Him Close
  • I Dare You
  • She
Amanda Brooke lives in Liverpool with her teenage daughter, Jessica. When her three-year-old son died from cancer, Amanda was determined that his legacy would be one of inspiration. Yesterday's Sun is inspired by her experiences of motherhood.