Start by marking “Notting Hill in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Notting Hill in the Snow

Notting Hill in the Snow

Escape to Notting Hill this Christmas…

From the bestselling author of Covent Garden in the Snow, this is the most romantic and charming book you’ll read this Christmas…

A Notting Hill nativity… what could go wrong?

Viola Smith plays the viola in an orchestra (yes really!) but this year she's been asked to stretch her musical talents to organising Notting Hill's local nativity
Published October 11th 2019 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Notting Hill in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notting Hill in the Snow

Start your review of Notting Hill in the Snow
Dilushani Jayalath
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

‘I’d offer you a biscuit … but the biscuit burglar has been to visit this week and all the chocolate ones have gone.’ Grace was suddenly very studious with her drawing, nodding in agreement. ‘I hate it when that happens,’ I said. ‘And why do they always steal the good biscuits and leave the custard creams behind?’ Nate laughed. ‘You have the same burglar.’

She came running into the kitchen. ‘I’m starvacious.’

My Review:

I had never noticed this wily author until falling upon this ma
Zoe
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivating, romantic, and festive!

Notting Hill in the Snow is a delightfully heartwarming novel set in the idyllic Notting Hill in wintertime that takes us into the lives of two main characters. Viola, a young woman who is thoughtful, hardworking and always ready to help out, and Nate, a loving father who tries to spend as much time as he can raising his daughter while his wife is away and his career is booming.

The writing is warm and light. The characterization is spot on with a cast of charac
Leila
5 Christmas armadillo stars!

Could someone please make this into a movie so that I can watch it every year along with my other favourite Christmas movies? And not a cheesy Hallmark movie, it deserves better than that!

There’s so much that I loved about this book! I love all things British and the setting of Notting Hill was perfect for this story. I loved all the British sayings and idioms scattered throughout.

Viola was such a sweet character. A viola player (yes, the irony is not lost on me) for
Christopher
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
After aptly named Viola Smith, a professional viola musician, volunteers to manage the music for a nativity play at a local school, she comes in ready to tackle it head-on. After all, how hard can it be? Unfortunately, she soon realizes the school needs a lot more than accompaniment—things like costumes and makeup … a cast … a script. While the prospect of producing anything initially seems daunting, she soon works out a plan with Nate Williams, one of her new pupil’s father, to get things sorte ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love...

...not with the the simply amazing story that really does sum up London and Notting Hill in the snow

...not with the simply fabulous sounding Nativity that Viola helps to put on

... not with Viola's family who frankly were driving me mad, but equally amused me

... not with Nate the incredibly sexy and wonderful man

... but with Nate's daughter Grace, who has crept completely under my skin and is key to the whole story. She is old beyond her years, and doesn't seem to know ho
Carrie Elks
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sigh. I loved it.
Fiction Addition Angela
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
If you love Christmas novels you will adore this one. Notting Hill in the snow is a well written happy Christmas romance.

This hilarious novel will sweep you away to London and Notting Hill during the festive period.

Viola the main character who is a musician for the London Opera house is “volunteered” to help organize a nativity play. She is left in the lurch by a another teacher and only has the occasional help of Nate a school governor whose daughter Grace is in the play.

Nate’s wife is taking
Andi
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a reading slump after having a rubbish head cold I decided on a trusty Jules Wake Christmas romance.
I LOVED IT.
Jules's characters are always realistic and as always very lovely.

I kind of guessed what would happen, but it was still absolutely lovely. The bond between Grace and Viola was just so heartwarming.

Definitely a warm cosy hug in great book. Ideal for a an afternoon under a blanket with a hot chocolate or a glass of red.
Joss Stirling
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will get you in the Christmas spirit

I raced through this seasonal romance with great enjoyment, mentally decorating my inner Christmas tree (a little early it must be admitted!). A charming story of Viola the viola player being inveigled into organising a primary school nativity - shades of Nativity! the film/musical here, so if you like that, you’ll like this. I don’t want to make it sound too frothy though - I appreciated the serious thread of children suffering from affluenza (rich career pa
San
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
London is one of my favorite place to travel/ I go there everytime I have a chance. Now I had occasion to be there with characters of Notting Hill in the Snow. Jules Wake set the perfect festive image of the city and I couldn’t wish more to actually be there during Christmas time.

Although I enjoyed reading this book and it was hard to put it down, I had a little issues with characters, especially Nate. Even though he had problems with his marriage I felt a little uncomfortable reading about his
Rachel McMillan
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I truly love the way Jules Wake spirits me into the Christmas spirit at any time of the year. The romance not only between Viola and Nate but also the whimsy and wonder of London at Christmas makes for a deliciously atmospheric read. This is a book to fall into with a cup of cocoa even as you are trying to forget it is 41 degrees with the humidity outside your window.

I recognize this has been on my kindle far too long but I was so glad I picked it out. I have often loved Wake's prose and her del
Janssen
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: digital, 2019
It was fine. Cute, but not super memorable. And I had some issues with the marriage plot.
Vanessa-Ann Dowsett
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story, loved all the references to music and her viola playing and how it relaxed her. Highly recommend this book
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
*stands up*

‘Umm, hi everyone...’

*clears throat*

‘I’ll try that again.’ *blushes*

‘Hi everyone, welcome to the Christmas-themed reads support group. My name is Laura, and like you, I regret nothing. *giggles*’

Now, you may well laugh, but the struggle is real, peeps! At this point, I’m sure my heartbeat is playing ‘Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town’ *snorts*.

Sorry! I’m veering off on Tangents again. Let me tell you all about my current obsession...’

NHITS is an utterly delightful and enchanting read ful
Joanne
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this after seeing so many reviews from fellow bloggers saying how much they had fallen in love with the story and its characters. I saved it to be my last Christmas read this year and, oh my goodness, what a great decision that was!

Viola is a musician in the orchestra for a London Opera company and plays, you've guessed it, the viola! It was really interesting to get a glimpse into her life as a professional musician with all the practice, passion and dedication that involved. When trave
booksofallkinds
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

Warm, endearing, and utterly loveable from beginning to end, NOTTING HILL IN THE SNOW by Jules Wake is the perfect winter read and is sure to warm your heart on these cold, dark evenings.

When Viola Smith is roped into organising the local nativity in Notting Hill, she is thrown into contact with Nate Williams and his amazing daughter, Grace, who has a starring role in the play. Viola is kind, hardworking, and really puts her all into everything sh
Noemi Proietti
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year I read my first Jules Wake’s novel, Covent Garden In The Snow, and I loved it so I was thrilled to see some of the characters make a few appearances in her new fantastic Christmas novel. The protagonist, Viola Smith, plays the Viola for the London Metropolitan Opera Company and following a chance encounter with a handsome man on the tube she finds herself helping organising the nativity at a local school. She was supposed to help just for a few hours a week, but soon Viola finds hersel ...more
Jenna Scribbles
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
This was my first time reading a book by Jules Wake and it won’t be my last. If I feel I completely know the characters and the surroundings, I’m happy.

Notting Hill in the Snow. Such a beautiful location and time of year - perfect. I enjoyed the scenes involving the nativity performance at the school, Christmas shopping, selecting a tree, etc. so much fun.

The little girl, Grace is the highlight of this story. I love her. I want to take her home and keep her. So sweet, such great emotional dial
Loves
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jules Wake writes the perfect festive feels , Heartwarming and romantic with a dash of warm and snuggly thrown in!
This was a beautifully written book that captivates within the first few pages. I love the descriptive writing, you can imagine yourself in the scene being portrayed on paper, the characters easy to connect with, immersing yourself as the plot unfolds.
Viola and Nate have chemistry right from their first meeting , I loved their interactions with each other, it was humorous and heart
Kathleen Gray
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet Christmas romance with wonderful atmospherics- London during Yuletide! Viola and Nathan meet thanks to the community nativity play and his daughter Grace. Yes Nathan seems like a grouch but he's had a tough time raising Grace alone. She's a terrific kid. Viola, a musician, is bright and cheery and the last thing she was looking for was a love story but that's what happens. You might guess how this will end but don't worry about that and enjoy it because Wake does a nice job with ...more
Michelle Fritz PA
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I am rating this a 3.5 really. I was absolutely engrossed and could not fly through this fast enough! However, I found Nate to be lacking. His excuse in not helping with the nativity is that he's too busy. But with Viola managing his child, surely he too didn't need to bail on her? He didn't do the cleaning and barely shopped. Viola is a doormat and I found that her family took advantage to her to the point that she was being severely manipulated! Made to feel bad about her self from an early ag ...more
Heather2407
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very high 4.5 stars! 🌟🌟🌟🌟
The only reason why this didn’t get a proper 5 stars is because of how long it took for Viola to grow a backbone against her family. But Viola was the best part of this book - she has to be my fave character in a book ever at this point!
Can’t wait to read some more of this authors work!
Ilia Johnson
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect Christmas book. The characters are lovely and you ache for each of them to get that happy ending❤️
Julie Reynolds
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Classic Christmas chick lit. Entirely predictable but very heart warming. Absolutely loved it. 🎄😇❤️
Kathleen
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being able to walk the charming streets of Notting Hill in this adorable Christmas romance. Definitely recommend.
Mary Bronson
Let's make music

I thought this was a pretty good Christmas book. I loved the characters and plot of the story. I liked how the main character Viola plays the viola and how the events in her life unfolded. I also loved how the book ended. It was happy and where it needed to be.
LianaReads blog
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
What could be best for Christmas than spending it in London? I love the setting of this book, I loved the characters and everything that comes with them, and I cannot recommend this book enough for the lovers of the romance genre and more so it’s a great book for a Hallmark movie.
Romance at its best in winter.
Judith Howe
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some characters are made to fall in love with and little Grace is no exception. Beautifully written and made for snuggling up with in front of the fire.
Elsa Ribeiro
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Viola is a very nice person, who cannot say no, when is asked for help. She meets by accident a man that will change her life until Christmas. This is a marvelous Christmas story, filled with love, some funny situations and with the season spirit.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Little Teashop in Tokyo (Romantic Escapes, #6)
  • Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage
  • Magic Under the Mistletoe
  • Coming Home to Winter Island
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • The Little Shop on Silver Linings Street
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
  • Wrapped Up for Christmas
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • A Christmas Kiss (Life on the Moors, #4)
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Let It Snow
  • Moonlight Kisses at Willow Tree Hall (The Willow Tree Hall Series Book 4)
  • Starlight Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #3)
  • The Christmas Wish List
  • Christmas at Frozen Falls

News & Interviews

“Smiles make a difference in life. They cost nothing and they can make a big difference to your day.” 0 likes