Start by marking “Notting Hill in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Notting Hill in the Snow

Notting Hill in the Snow

Escape to Notting Hill this Christmas…

From the bestselling author of Covent Garden in the Snow, this is the most romantic and charming book you’ll read this Christmas…

A Notting Hill nativity… what could go wrong?

Viola Smith plays the viola in an orchestra (yes really!) but this year she's been asked to stretch her musical talents to orga
Kindle Edition
Published October 11th 2019 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Notting Hill in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notting Hill in the Snow

Start your review of Notting Hill in the Snow
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

‘I’d offer you a biscuit … but the biscuit burglar has been to visit this week and all the chocolate ones have gone.’ Grace was suddenly very studious with her drawing, nodding in agreement. ‘I hate it when that happens,’ I said. ‘And why do they always steal the good biscuits and leave the custard creams behind?’ Nate laughed. ‘You have the same burglar.’

She came running into the kitchen. ‘I’m starvacious.’

My Review:

I had never not
Zoe
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captivating, romantic, and festive!

Notting Hill in the Snow is a delightfully heartwarming novel set in the idyllic Notting Hill in wintertime that takes us into the lives of two main characters. Viola, a young woman who is thoughtful, hardworking and always ready to help out, and Nate, a loving father who tries to spend as much time as he can raising his daughter while his wife is away and his career is booming.

The writing is warm and light. The characterization is spot
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love...

...not with the the simply amazing story that really does sum up London and Notting Hill in the snow

...not with the simply fabulous sounding Nativity that Viola helps to put on

... not with Viola's family who frankly were driving me mad, but equally amused me

... not with Nate the incredibly sexy and wonderful man

... but with Nate's daughter Grace, who has crept completely under my skin and is key to the whole story. She is o
Angela Groom
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
If you love Christmas novels you will adore this one. Notting Hill in the snow is a well written happy Christmas romance.

This hilarious novel will sweep you away to London and Notting Hill during the festive period.

Viola the main character who is a musician for the London Opera house is “volunteered” to help organize a nativity play. She is left in the lurch by a another teacher and only has the occasional help of Nate a school governor whose daughter Grace is in the play.

Nate’s wi
Andi
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a reading slump after having a rubbish head cold I decided on a trusty Jules Wake Christmas romance.
I LOVED IT.
Jules's characters are always realistic and as always very lovely.

I kind of guessed what would happen, but it was still absolutely lovely. The bond between Grace and Viola was just so heartwarming.

Definitely a warm cosy hug in great book. Ideal for a an afternoon under a blanket with a hot chocolate or a glass of red.
Dilushani Jayalath
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
*stands up*

‘Umm, hi everyone...’

*clears throat*

‘I’ll try that again.’ *blushes*

‘Hi everyone, welcome to the Christmas-themed reads support group. My name is Laura, and like you, I regret nothing. *giggles*’

Now, you may well laugh, but the struggle is real, peeps! At this point, I’m sure my heartbeat is playing ‘Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town’ *snorts*.

Sorry! I’m veering off on Tangents again. Let me tell you all about my current obsessi
Nicki
What a gorgeous romantic read! This was the perfect book to snuggle down with on a wet and gloomy day. I didn’t leave the house because I became so wrapped up in Viola, Nate and Grace’s lives.

I loved Viola and Nate, oh and Grace, Nate’s daughter was lovely too! The Notting Hill setting was wonderful, especially when the snow fell and there was an opportunity to build a snowman in the shared garden.

The electricity between Viola and Nate was amazing and felt so real, I coul
Noemi Proietti
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Last year I read my first Jules Wake’s novel, Covent Garden In The Snow, and I loved it so I was thrilled to see some of the characters make a few appearances in her new fantastic Christmas novel. The protagonist, Viola Smith, plays the Viola for the London Metropolitan Opera Company and following a chance encounter with a handsome man on the tube she finds herself helping organising the nativity at a local school. She was supposed to help just for a few hours a week, but soon Viola finds hersel ...more
Jenna Scribbles
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
This was my first time reading a book by Jules Wake and it won’t be my last. If I feel I completely know the characters and the surroundings, I’m happy.

Notting Hill in the Snow. Such a beautiful location and time of year - perfect. I enjoyed the scenes involving the nativity performance at the school, Christmas shopping, selecting a tree, etc. so much fun.

The little girl, Grace is the highlight of this story. I love her. I want to take her home and keep her. So sweet, such great emotional dial
Joss Stirling
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will get you in the Christmas spirit

I raced through this seasonal romance with great enjoyment, mentally decorating my inner Christmas tree (a little early it must be admitted!). A charming story of Viola the viola player being inveigled into organising a primary school nativity - shades of Nativity! the film/musical here, so if you like that, you’ll like this. I don’t want to make it sound too frothy though - I appreciated the serious thread of children suffering from affluenza (rich career pa
Loves
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jules Wake writes the perfect festive feels , Heartwarming and romantic with a dash of warm and snuggly thrown in!
This was a beautifully written book that captivates within the first few pages. I love the descriptive writing, you can imagine yourself in the scene being portrayed on paper, the characters easy to connect with, immersing yourself as the plot unfolds.
Viola and Nate have chemistry right from their first meeting , I loved their interactions with each other, it was humorous and heart
Kathleen Gray
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet Christmas romance with wonderful atmospherics- London during Yuletide! Viola and Nathan meet thanks to the community nativity play and his daughter Grace. Yes Nathan seems like a grouch but he's had a tough time raising Grace alone. She's a terrific kid. Viola, a musician, is bright and cheery and the last thing she was looking for was a love story but that's what happens. You might guess how this will end but don't worry about that and enjoy it because Wake does a nice job with ...more
Michelle Fritz PA
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I am rating this a 3.5 really. I was absolutely engrossed and could not fly through this fast enough! However, I found Nate to be lacking. His excuse in not helping with the nativity is that he's too busy. But with Viola managing his child, surely he too didn't need to bail on her? He didn't do the cleaning and barely shopped. Viola is a doormat and I found that her family took advantage to her to the point that she was being severely manipulated! Made to feel bad about her self from an early ag ...more
Kathleen
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Being able to walk the charming streets of Notting Hill in this adorable Christmas romance. Definitely recommend.
LianaReads blog
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
What could be best for Christmas than spending it in London? I love the setting of this book, I loved the characters and everything that comes with them, and I cannot recommend this book enough for the lovers of the romance genre and more so it’s a great book for a Hallmark movie.Romance at its best in winter.
Judith Howe
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some characters are made to fall in love with and little Grace is no exception. Beautifully written and made for snuggling up with in front of the fire.
Elsa Ribeiro
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Viola is a very nice person, who cannot say no, when is asked for help. She meets by accident a man that will change her life until Christmas. This is a marvelous Christmas story, filled with love, some funny situations and with the season spirit.
Mikaela (Booklover1974)
This is a typical Christmas read, a fluffy and light read. I enjoyed Jules Wakes last Christmas read but this one, not so much. The protagonist is like a doormat and the man she's interested in, is married and also an idiot. I'm disappointed. The author writes so well and could've done so much more with this story.
Amanda
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple of Jules’ books now and I really enjoyed reading them. I read the synopsis for ‘Notting Hill In The Snow’ and the book just screamed ‘you need to read me’ at me. Books do that all the time- that’s my excuse and I am sticking to it. Anyway for once I did as I was told and jumped straight into ‘Notting Hill In The Snow’. Blooming nora, it was one heck of a fantastic read and then some. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Notting Hill In The Snow’ but more about that in a bit.
I
Anne
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
When I reluctantly put down this book at its end, wiping away the remaining tears (and blowing my nose noisily, ruining the moment entirely…) I thought it was already Christmas – but the thought that remained with me, once I returned to the real world and realised it was still only October, was that this book really was absolutely perfect. I’ve read (and enjoyed) books set around nativity plays before, but I’ve never before wanted to take one of the children home with me (and if it really can’t ...more
Julie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A charming, romantic and irresistible read that will make you smile, Jules Wake’s Notting Hill in the Snow is a delightful Christmas tale you will devour in a single sitting.

Viola Smith has always been destined to play the viola in an orchestra – with a name like that, there really wasn’t anything else she could do, was there? Passionate about music and completely and utterly in love with her job, Viola counts her blessings daily that she gets to do something which she loves with all
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
First off, this book made me cry...there, I've said it. Have tissues ready and you're fully prepared for when your emotions are toiled with!

Viola playing Viola Smith is commuting to her job at The London Metropolitan Opera Company when a stranger asks if she is okay, after an incident on the Tube. Coincidentally this rather good looking guy is also heading in the same direction. After going their separate ways, they meet again, triggering an attraction neither can ignore despite his
Yvonne
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such an addictive book and has a very festive Christmas feel to it. Viola Smith is a viola player and is asked to help with a local school nativity as part of an outreach program. Viola has never organised anything like this before and she is supposed to have help from one of the parents, Nathan Williams.

Nathan is a lawyer and Viola doesn’t have a good track record with them, but, Nathan and his daughter Grace are dealing with life alone as Elaine, the wife and mother, is cur
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
I love a Jules Wake book, her writing style engages me from the first page until the very last sentance.

This story focuses mainly on Viola Smith, Viola, a kind and thoughtful soul who works at the London Metropolitan Opera Company playing in the orchestra with none other than the viola! Yep that's right!

After being asked to help with a local school nativity play through a Primary School outreach progrm and not being able to say no (which you end up finding out happens a lot!) It's n
Linda
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
🎁 Heartstirring romance to warm up the holidays with love and compassion👨👩👧
👍👍What a wonderful book! I knew from its earliest stages that I was invested in Viola's happiness and then, Grace came into the picture and won my heart. This is more than a romance between two adults. Viola's care and compassion for young Grace's motherless existence was, for me, the emotional core of the story. The connection with Grace's handsome father Nate was just icing on the cake.

❄ Apart from the threesome,
Jenn Webley
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Genuinely, I am not sure anything I could write would do this beauty justice. I read it days ago (and have read a couple of books since) and I just can’t shake this book from my mind and my feelings. I have THE biggest book hangover from Notting Hill in the Snow.
I am such a huge fan of Jules Wake in every guise, I know that any time I open her books I will be transported to an amazing place with gorgeous characters who will imprint on my heart. This book is not an exception, it will be
Linda
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🎁 Heartstirring romance to warm up the holidays with love and compassion👨👩👧

❄ Apart from the thre
Vanessa
Thanks to One More Chapter for the ARC!
Nice novel for those who enjoy Christmas stories.

Nate Williams is a governor at a primary school in Notting Hill. His mother-in-law is a friend of the Opera House. Their nativity is one of the best events of the year. When the usual teacher, Mrs Davies, goes down with appendicitis, they need to find someone to replace her.

Viola Smith plays in the orchestra for the London Metropolitan Opera Company and that's how she gets invited to help with t
Julie Morris
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a follow up to Covent Garden in the Snow insofar as it has some of the same characters, but it is a whole new story with the focus on a new set of main characters and is easily read as a standalone book. However, you should definitely use this new book to catch up on the previous one which is a great book and one of my favourite Christmas reads of the past few years.

Did this sequel live up to the previous book? Did it ever, and then some. This is an absolutely perfect Ch