Start by marking “Murmurs of Evil (The Possession Chronicles Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Murmurs of Evil (The Possession Chronicles Book 2)

Murmurs of Evil

(The Possession Chronicles #2)

During the spring of 1906, Magdalene Jones is hired to be a companion to Ruth Melling at Seacliff Cottage, the Mellings' second home on Mobile Bay. Magdalene's simple country upbringing is no match for high society banter and a manor hour infested with demonic activity. Alexander, the Mellings' bachelor son, and Magdalene find themselves oppressed by demons playing upon th ...more
425 pages
Published (first published May 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Murmurs of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murmurs of Evil

Start your review of Murmurs of Evil (The Possession Chronicles Book 2)
Brandy Roberts
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Murmurs of evil it would be the first book that I've read by the author and I can't wait to read more by the author in the future . This was a uniquely different story with a interesting characters and a plot that kept my attention . I'm really excited to see what's to come from the author .
London Clarke
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read! In Dalby’s usual style of gothic perfection, she weaves tormented characters into a setting that’s primed for possession, family secrets, and dark hearts. This is beautiful writing meets classic southern gothic.
Candice
A Southern Gothic sequel to Perilous Confessions worth its weight in possessions.

The story opens with our protagonist, Magdalene Jones, as she steams across Mobile Bay to the wilds of the Eastern Shore. It has my favorite parts of a gothic story--a possessed house and an uncanny resemblance to her employer's recently deceased daughter.

Mrs. Dalby does an exceptional job making the past come alive as she weaves the 1890s Alabama setting into her story. A well-researched historical fiction.

Just l
Jen
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great follow up to "Perilous Chronicles", by Carrie Dalby. It follows the experiences of Magdalene, who has been hired to be a companion to the Melling family, from the previous novel. Set around the Mobile, Alabama area, it's a well done story, that transports you to another time. I found myself a little disappointed to look up from the story, & see myself in modern day Mobile! It is a mystery, with a ghost story twist, & will keep your interest until the end! The characters are well ...more
L.B. Stimson
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book I’ve read by Dalby and the second in her new Southern Gothic saga The Possession Chronicles. And as with her previous books, they end too soon and I am left wanting to further delve into her characters’ lives.

Dalby has ramped up the true essence of “Southern Gothic Horror” in this second book by staying true to the concepts of this sub-genre of horror with a brooding and foreboding home, tormented love and secrets, whilst wrapped in the spine-tingling elements of oppressi
Joyce Scarbrough
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another meticulously researched novel by Ms. Dalby. Seacliff Cottage is a classically Gothic dwelling filled with dark family secrets and lurking danger. I had some issues with the heroine's choices and a lingering dislike for some of the other characters who were introduced in the first book of the series, but I love several of the new characters and look forward to finding out what happens in the next book.
Christine Woinich
This was an interesting and complex read. I enjoyed all the characters, the changes they went through, the solving of a crime, and the happy for now. I love a good ghost story, and this included possession to add to the mystery storyline. It was hard to stop reading, wanting to see what would happen next. I recommend this story.

I received a copy of this story through Enticing Journey Book Promotions, and this is my unsolicited review.
Carmel Allen
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing and mind gripping

Another awesome book that gets you involved and keeps your mind trying to figure out what is going on and who is causing it as well as a little romance thrown in on the side. Magdalene is the perfect companion for Mrs. Melling but learns the family that has secrets that could put her in danger. You won't want to put it down.
Frances Driscoll
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a creepy story, and I loved it. The characters are lovable and the pacing is perfect. I can't wait for the next one!
debbicat
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, alabama
A.L. Vincent
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will Keep You Up at Night!

Excellent southern gothic novel! I love books set in the South and this one is such a great book. It's got everything, a creepy house, possible ghosts, tortured heroes, and just a little romance. Be warned though, those demons may have you sleeping with the lights on!
Diana
Dec 18, 2019
Stephanie Lawton
Mar 02, 2020
Carrie Dalby
Jun 10, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cheryl
Mood Reader
Angela Saver
Robin
Jun 11, 2019

• Reclamare (The Redwood Trilogy, #2)
  • Furious Hours: Murder, Fraud, and the Last Trial of Harper Lee
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
  • The Widower's Journey
  • Magic Man (The Good Guys)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires, #1)
  • Alec (Reed Security, #17)
  • Fame is a Killer (Hope Hadley #1)
  • Emmerson (The Widows of Birch Harbor, #3)
  • Training His Human (Zandian Masters, #3)
  • Sinclair
  • Conjuring Wrath (Seven Deadly, #3)
  • Oh Baby (Marry the Scot, #5)
  • Fishing for Murder (Hope Hadley #2)
  • Fair Catch (Men of Fall #2)
  • All of Me (Rock Me, #0.5)
  • Ropin' the Moon
Carrie Dalby's current project is a historical Southern Gothic family saga series for adults, The Possession Chronicles. The first book, PERILOUS CONFESSIONS, released on January 8, 2019 by Bienvenue Press.

Her two young adult novels are FORTITUDE (listed as a "Best History Books for Kids" by Grateful American Foundation) https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... and CORRODED https://www.goodreads.c

The Possession Chronicles (4 books)
  • Perilous Confessions (The Possession Chronicles #1)
  • Tendrils of Passion (The Possession Chronicles #3)
  • Scarred Memories (The Possession Chronicles #4)