Start by marking “One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)” as Want to Read:
One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)

One of Us Is Next

(One of Us is Lying #2)

Introducing - ONE OF US IS NEXT. Welcome back to Bayview High . . .

It is a year after the action of One of Us Is Lying, and someone has started playing a game of Truth or Dare.

But this is no ordinary Truth or Dare. This game is lethal. Choosing the truth may reveal your darkest secrets, accepting the dare could be dangerous, even deadly.

The teenagers of Bayview must

Published January 9th 2020 by Penguin (first published January 7th 2020)

Start your review of One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
Karen McManus
Aug 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
ETA: I hope you all enjoy going back to Bayview!

***

We'll get a title and description up here eventually :)
Chaima ✨ شيماء
A deadly game of Truth or Dare? [slams fist on table] THAT'S THE KIND OF SHIT I LIKE TO SEE
MischaS_
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
EDIT: So, I went on a little investigation. Based on the author's Twitter we already know:

- The main character will be Maeve, Bronwyn’s sister. Plus two new MCs.

- Bronwyn, Cooper, Addy & Nate aren't POV characters, but they're very much present.

- The author also dropped a list of five things we will see in the sequel:
(view spoiler)
Sabaa Tahir
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guys, I've gotten pretty old and grumpy in my reading. There's just a point at which you've read so much you feel like nothing is surprising anymore. I had just put down a very blah book when I picked up this one, and thank goodness I did pick it up because it was a balm on my wounded, grouchy soul.

My absolute FAVORITE thing about Karen's books is that I know, going in, that I will be in excellent hands. I will be shocked. I will gasp. I will laugh. I will cringe and yell at the characters. I
jessica
to me, the thing that make thrillers thrilling is that they give the reader a sense of ‘holy crap. this could happen to anyone.’ thats why they are so exciting to read, because of the realistic vibes that get your adrenaline pumping.

but this novel is so outside any realm of possibility, that it took me completely out of the story. its just too farfetched for me to even become invested. its just a massive eye-roll.

i mean, this has it moments (mainly in the form of nate and knox). and the
Tucker
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tucker by: Penguin Teen
Come on, Bayview, you know you’ve missed this.

Holy sh*t. I completely forgot how talented at writing Karen M. McManus is. I mean… It’s been a few days since I finished this book and my mind is still reeling.

So, what’s this book about?

It’s been a year and a half since Simon died and in spite of the many copycat gossip apps, the Bayview four have moved on with their lives.
Cooper is openly gay and happily in love with his boyfriend, Chris.
Bronwyn and Nick are together (most of the time).
✨ A ✨
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as future-stars  ·  review of another edition
I don't know about the rest of you... but I'm so excited for this book I could cry.
________
My review for:
Book 1 - One of us is lying

Larry H
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In One of Us is Next , a game of truth or dare causes massive chaos.

We return to Bayview High, the scene of Karen McManus’ explosive debut novel, One of Us is Lying . Time has passed since scandal and murder rocked the school, and everyone has (mostly) been able to put their lives back in order, except for those who still seek to cause chaos, either to avenge the last troublemaker or to one-up him.

And then one day an anonymous text appears on students’ phones, initiating a game of truth or
megs_bookrack
((squeals))

TRUTH OR DARE!?!?!

Y'all KNOW I am here for this!

((continues squeal))
arini ★彡
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

#1 One of Us Is Lying — 3 Stars
#2 One of Us Is Next — 3.75 Stars

I came here looking for some Nate Macauley breadcrumbs but, ultimately, I stayed for all the juicy teenage deceit, malicious revenge plot, and thrilling murder mystery. While this book is not without its drawbacks, One of Us Is Next is actually pretty genius in its own right.

“Here’s a little advice for the next time we play: Always take the Dare.”

Plot Summary :

The story picks up eighteen months or so later since the
claire
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The twist was good. It's just that you could already figured it all out halfway through the book. There's also a lot of unnecessary infos that stopped me from caring with all the characters. I also had a hard time reading with the multiple POVs.
Blake
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you book gods for answering my prayers
Amy Imogene Reads

So this had some killer punches...including one VERY memorable one at the end. But that doesn’t quite make up for the dead weight.

Concept:
Pacing: 1/2
Villain(s)/Reveal(s):

One of Us is Next is the sequel to McManus' explosive debut novel, One of Us is Lying. While technically you could read this one by itself, the amount of references to the first book are numerous enough that I would encourage readers to pick up the first one, well, first.

I was EXTREMELY excited for this sequel. I
Ashley Nuckles
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great sequel! I loved the characters just as much as in the first book, and the plot gave me literal goosebumps at certain times. While I will say I actually liked the first one more, this one is still def a must read if you enjoyed book 1!
Chelsea Humphrey
An easy, breezy, enjoyable listen. Binged this in a single day!
Susanne  Strong
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.85 Stars

It’s Game Time, Friends! How do you feel about Truth or Dare?

It’s been 18 months since what happened at Bayview High. Yet no one has forgotten Simon.

Things have been relatively quiet - till an anonymous text appears on every student’s phones alerting them to a new game of Truth or Dare - which simply can’t be ignored. Once a student is chosen to play the game, they have a few hours to decide.

Once the texts start rolling out, Maeve (Bronwyn’s sister) starts investigating.

No one is
Patty
IM SORRY. WHAT?!?!?!
Theres’s a sequel to One of Us Is Lying. MY HEART.

FUCK YEAAAAHHHHH!!
description

I would love if this was Maeve’s book!! Which would mean we’d get more Bronwyn and Nate, right ?!? IM HERE FOR THIS EITHER WAY!
Sophia Triad
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mafia, school
Back to Bayview!
This was excellent
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
YEs! Our favorite Bayview teens are back & this time it’s 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞 time. By now you should know what to do - 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦!

Just when Bayview High was getting back to normal following Simon's death, an app appears on everyone’s phones initiating a game of 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐞. Don’t even think about not playing - ignore your turn and a truth about you will come out, whether you like it or not. You know everyone at Bayview has something to hide and this new game master is more than ready
SHIRLEY ♡
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

I’m so ready for this book.
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
I was hoping Penguin NZ would give me to chance to read this novel as an arc - and they did! Just as good as a Christmas present! Thanks so much!

Love the Arc cover!

In spite of a few lulls (mostly near the start) I'm going with my overall feeling that this is a 5 book. Once the story got going I was really engaged and as much as I loved One of Us Is Lying I preferred the character development for previous characters like Maeve and Bronwen in this sequel. I also found the main new characters
Kat | Rustic Pages
I’ll be back to review!!
Mary
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what the FUCK
oh my goOOOOD
i briefly, VERY briefly suspected the ending and went "naaaaah, this is too far fetched", yet heRE WE ARE
Gavin
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
I was going to give this 3 stars until a final twist in the last few pages and my faith was restored. Out of all of Karen M. McManus’s books, this is probably my favourite one so far, but believe me this was a rollercoaster for me and there were many times when I didn’t know what to think or rate this book, but we got there in the end.
Ishmeen
Dec 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WTF HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS
Susan's Reviews
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, that was a great read! I enjoyed "visiting" with most of the characters from McManus' first book. They drop in for visits from college or ball games, but for the most part, we are introduced to several new characters in this offshoot from the first story.

One of Us is Next focuses on Bronwyn's sister, Maeve, that genius computer wizard, and her school mates. Phoebe and Knox were her assistants throughout - brother and sisters in arms so to speak - against the unknown villain who used a
Zoë ☆
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
NDIDFHDKSKSMPS THAT ENDING?! WHAT
---------------------------------------
This book is the sequel to One of Us is Lying, but the story takes place a year or so later and it follows another group of teens. However, everything that happened in the first book and those main characters also play a pretty significant role in this story. I don’t recommend reading this book before One of Us is Lying, just FYI

So! In One of Us is Next there is a game of Truth or Dare being played via text message with
Amber (Books of Amber)
I really enjoyed that. The twist at the end was wonderfully done, even if I was putting the pieces together from the start. McManus is getting to be such a good thriller writer!
Amira
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this.

There I said It, this sequel -in my humble opinion- is much better that the first book which I gave somewhat of a harsh three stars review last year.

My main criticism of One of us is LYING was that the main characters were too stereotypical, but in NEXT
Mauve, Knox and Phoebe -the three leads- are vibrant and complex.

Even the old characters poking here and there, were so much better in my opinion.

The plot twist is good and you can sort of predict it towards the ending, but there is
Adah Udechukwu
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of Us Is Next was interesting and it had no dull moments. It is a great sequel.

• Reputation
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Frostheart (Frostheart #1)
  • Heartstream
  • Not Hungry
  • I, Cosmo
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Monuments
  • I Am Not a Number
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Better Liar
  • Three Hours
  • Malamander (Malamander, #1)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Song of the Crimson Flower
  • The Other People
  • Unexpected Lessons in Love
Hi, and thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page! I don't visit this site often, so the best way to reach me is via my website at www.karenmcmanus.com, or on Twitter, where I'm @writerkmc.

------

Karen M. McManus is the author of the New York Times and international bestselling young adult novels One of Us Is Lying and Two Can Keep a Secret. Her work has been translated into 40 languages worldwide.

One of Us is Lying (2 books)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
“Who do you want to be? The guy who goes along or the guy who stands up? This is the time to decide.” 0 likes
“Addy gives me hope, because even though her life fell apart when Simon’s blog revealed her worst mistake, she put things back together–better than before. She’s stronger, happier, and much closer to her sister. Addy is the queen of second chances, and right now I really need the reminder that those exist.” 0 likes