Start by marking “Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow” as Want to Read:
Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow

Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow

(Nevermoor #3)

4.55  ·  Rating details ·  9,427 ratings  ·  1,547 reviews
Strange things are happening in Nevermoor...

Morrigan Crow faces her most dangerous challenge yet in her latest Wundrous adventure. The highly anticipated third book in the award-winning Nevermoor series from one of Australia's bestselling and most loved authors.

Morrigan Crow and her friends have survived their first year as proud scholars of the elite Wundrous Society, hel
Published October 27th 2020 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published February 4th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Hollowpox, please sign up.
Lachlan This book was supposed to be coming out on the 28th of July. I woke up early and opened iBooks ready to download and start reading when I saw the rele…moreThis book was supposed to be coming out on the 28th of July. I woke up early and opened iBooks ready to download and start reading when I saw the release date has been pushed back to the last week in September - ANOTHER TWO MONTHS TO WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly think I tore something in my throat as I screamed in incandescent rage. (less)
Kai No, it got postponed even further, until august and now, again until October.

·  9,427 ratings  ·  1,547 reviews

Start your review of Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow
Gavin
It wasn't going to be anything less than five stars was it? The Nevermoor series is way too rich and vibrant and magical and wonderful and fantastic to even flirt with a 4 star, and Hollowpox is yet another brilliant instalment.

As Morrigan Crow navigates her life in Nevermoor and as a scholar in the elite Wundrous Society, a terrifying illness is spreading from Wunimal to Wunimal, transforming them into vicious unnimals. There is danger around every corner and Morrigan must keep her wits about
Isabel
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am so glad I am alive to experience this amazing series!
monica kim
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-releases
i’m so glad i re-read the series leading up to my read of this one! i absolutely adore this series and cannot wait to see how it continues to grow with morrigan.
sage elizabeth
There are very few things i wouldn’t do for these books.
Phrynne
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed that there were no dragons in this one. Just a quick mention by Hawthorne but no actual dragon action. Maybe in the next book.

Nevertheless this was a great read. Lots of action and lots of magic as Morrigan begins to discover the extent of her abilities. My favourite character by far is the hotel where Morrigan lives. When it begins to sulk and locks off rooms and turns out lights - I just loved it! Is this the first sentient hotel in fiction? It is the first I have had the pl
Carolyn
In this third book in this fantasy series set in the magical state of Nevermoor, Morrigan Crow has finally been allowed to start mastering the skills she needs to become a Wondersmith. Her teachers are most unusual, but allow her a glimpse of previous Wondersmiths, including the evil Ezra Squall, banished from Nevermore.

However, not all is well in Nevermoor as the magical animals, Wunimals, are being infected by a disease that causes them to attack people and then leaves them hollow, unable to
Rian *fire and books*
Sep 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. Absolute perfection.

Morrigan goes through SO MUCH in this third installment. We really got to see so much more world building and a BUNCH of behind the scenes action from the Wundrous Society.

First, and most importantly, Rook. Oh my I cannot wait to see more of her next book. Definitely looking forward to seeing her artwork in the final copy and I’m really looking forward to the day she presents herself at a C&D meeting. Baz Charlton is gonna have a fit.

Secondly, THE GHOSTLY HOURS
¸¸.•*¨*•♫ Mrs. Buttercup •*¨*•♫♪
“Only need a spark,” she said with a shrug. “Small sparks make big fires.”

While reading this book, I changed my mind many times on the rating I should give to it. Obviously, I wanted this to be a five star read; because of how much I loved the first book in this series. However, after reading book two and having mixed feelings about it, I had my doubts about this one, and those doubts - unfortunately - turned out to be true. And so after the first half, I thought it would be a three star read,
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Apr 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021
PSA: I am once again asking you to please read this series. Please and thank you.

Booktube | Instagram | Twitter
Kaitlin
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series continues to wow and gives me such nostalgia and also such excitement. It's heartwarming and lovely, but also fresh and vibrant and filled with so many fabulous characters and such charm.

This particular book came at a time when Covid-19 is still very wide-spread and so the idea of a mystery illness taking over and infecting the Wun-amals of Nevermoor was surprisingly close to the story of Covid, but the big takeaway here is that the story has a happy ending for the mystery illness,
Ashley
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: releases-2020
Star Rating: —> 4 Stars

Morrigan Crow, as a series, is just absolutely brilliant. Morrigan herself is just an utterly brilliant, perfectly imperfect character— ahhbbbsolutely WUNDROUS. 😉

This book wasn't my all time fav of the series, BUT I still think it was PERFECTION!! Probably my second favorite book of the three! I just think a few minor things could've been taken next next level, but they were only next level. Hahaha I know that sounds trivial and honestly it really is... its just that Wuni
Brenda
Morrigan Crow and her friends, with Miss Cheery, the conductor travelled into the Wundrous Society where they all went to their separate classes. Morrigan’s excitement at learning the Wretched Arts, and of being able to control the Wunder which was inside her would see her facing a terrible infliction on the Wunimals in Nevermoor. As more Wunimals were attacked by what seemed to be some kind of virus, and were turned into vicious weapons, Morrigan knew that the answer to the Hollowpox lay with h ...more
Lynette Noni
Sep 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was SUCH a delight to return to the world of Nevermoor and go on all new (mis)adventures with Mog and her friends!! I absolutely CAN’T WAIT to see what comes next, especially after that ending!!!! All the stars!!!
Henk
May 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A strong continuation of the series, much darker and with high stakes
We don't ignore bigotry, Jack. That's how cowardly bigots turn into brave bigots

Morrigan’s addiction to knowledge takes centre stage in Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow; after a slow start which feels a lot like the earlier book, this volume finds its own much darker tone.
Panic about an illness, alienation between citizens, curfews, populism, references to normal, hardworking citizens. The societal effects of the hollow po
 Li'l Owl
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another riveting adventure for Morrigan Crow!

Gavin grinned shiftily, an amused little twinkle in his eyes. “Oh yes. Oh YES, my friends, the most wonderful time of the year is coming on fast—that special day we all look forward to—ladies and gentlemen, you know it and you love it…”
He paused to fiddle with the equipment, and a moment later, a huge, moving, three-dimensional image of the ugliest creature Morrigan had ever seen in her life was projected upward into the vast space. She felt herself p
Cori
Back in the day, when I first dove into the Harry Potter series and watched the movies as they came out, I liked them. Note I didn't love them, but I moderately liked them. Over time, I somehow aged into loving them. Now my hubby and I pull out the movies every December and watch through them again (they are Christmas movies- right there next to Die Hard. Fight me on this.).

When I first heard about this trilogy, something in me went, "hmmm. I'm going to like those. A lot." And I did something I
Mila
Oct 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
The third book in the Nevermoor series is definitely an improvement from the second one for me. We finally get to find out more about Wundersmiths and there is an interesting dynamic in Unit 919. And in general, there were enough exciting events to make this 500-page book fly by very fast. I'm definitely looking forward to new books in this series! ...more
Mara
Apr 27, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, audio
3.5 stars - While I continue to feel like these are a bit long, I do find most of the elements of the story highly enjoyable. There is also a level of prescience to this particular story, given that is about a pandemic and Nevermoor's response to that pandemic and was published in 2020. Intrigued by the ending, still interested in the series ...more
Romie
was it wild to read a book about a pandemic during a pandemic? most definitely. did I enjoy it immensely? you bet. I love Morrigan, I love seeing her learn more about Wundersmith's history and her own abilities. this book felt darker than the previous two, as the story grows with its characters and readership. I really appreciated it. (4.75) ...more
Ian
First of all, these books aren't particularly original. The similarities to Harry Potter are notable and obvious. That hasn't really mattered because the stories are well written and entertaining.

But Hollowpox doesn't really offer anything. It's kind of like The Order of the Phoenix in the Harry Potter series. Unnecessary. It doesn't really advance the story just fluffs around and then ends.

I love this series and I love these characters, and hopefully the next book is a return to form because
Vicki Antipodean Bookclub
“The thing about numpties, Mog, is that they can always find plenty of other numpties to believe their numpty nonsense. You know what they say: you’re never more than six feet away from a numpty.”
I think Jessica Townsend may be a genius as well as a sage. Hollowpox, the third instalment of her Nevermoor series, is perhaps even better than the first two. Not only that, written well before the Covid-19 pandemic, she writes about Hollowpox, a virus that infects the Wunimals of Nevermoor. All of
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very excited about this. Just finished Book 2 with my daughter so this was a welcome announcement to see. Very impressed with the series so far compared to other books for the age range - accessible for my 8 year old whilst broadening her vocabulary but beautifully described and entertaining enough for older generations.
Rachel
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this series more with every book! I felt fully immersed in the story and the world in this one. It's such a fun story but it also hits hard at some points, which makes it even better!
I would recommend this series to young and old and everything between :)
Kylie H
Apr 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Nevermoor series and it is just as thrilling (if not more so) than the first two books.
In this book Nevermoor's wunnimals (animals with ability to talk etc) seem to be becoming infected by a condition that is called 'Hollowpox' where the wunnimal goes rabid then becomes catatonic.
Morrigan is still coming to terms with her powers and how to manage them. Is the Hollowpox something she can fix?
A woderful, magical journey through places and with people who are truly fa
Vee
There are some 5 star books that are just books I really love and then there are 5 star books where I know I’m going to be chasing that high until the next book releases or the next time I can reread. The Morrigan Crow series is definitely that for me.

Every time I return to this world it *feels* like more than a book with a set of fictional characters to me. I’m so incredibly attached to everything about this series. I feel incredibly lucky to be a fan.

Jessica Townsend has created something th
Stacey-Lea
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2020-favourites
Jessica Townsend you have done it again!

I just love stepping into the world of Nevermoor and getting lost amongst the weird and magical wonderings. I don’t want to give anything away but you can trust that this was another brilliant instalment that has added so many layers to the already vivid and complex story of Morrigan Crow.
breana / milkyboos ♡
i read this whole thing in a day and you’re telling me i have to WAIT for the next book to be released? how cruel ;-;

bye i love morrigan crow and her found family and their magical adventures
Ryan Buckby
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Morrigan smiled and took a deep breath.
Last day of the autumn term.
She’d made it.

This series continues to surprise me and i'm loving the direction that it has taken and i need book four right now please.

Plot: Picking up from book two it was an immediate jump back into the world and seeing what Morrigan and her friends have been up to since the previous events. Morrigan is faced with new challenges and threats and even more than she has before with a new virus attacking Wunimals that leaves t
Amelie
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Morrigan’s adventures continue in the third book of the Nevermoor series, as she settles in the Wundrous Society, enhances her knowledge and understanding of the Wundrous Arts, and faces new threats including the Hollowpox virus infecting the Wunimal community in Nevermoor. I found this to be an incredibly enjoyable and light-hearted middle grade read, possibly more so than the previous two books, and cannot wait to read the next instalment in this series!

The writing throughout the book was incr
Middle Grade Madn...: Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow - 8th March 2021 30 18 Jun 03, 2021 06:24AM
Save me from my reading slump! 3 9 Apr 03, 2021 07:34AM

• Throwing Strikes: My Quest for Truth and the Perfect Knuckleball
  • Scar Island
  • Strange Planet (Strange Planet #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Selections from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Piano Solos
  • Blackout: How Black America Can Make Its Second Escape from the Democrat Plantation
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Sheet Music for Flute with C.D
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • Why You Should Read Children's Books, Even Though You Are So Old and Wise
  • Taylor Swift: The Whole Story
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Willy the Wimp
  • Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
See top shelves…

Nevermoor (4 books)
  • The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)
  • Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
  • Silverborn: The Mystery of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #4)