Start by marking “Feet and Wheels to Chimborazo: A unique climbing and cycling adventure to the summit of Ecuador” as Want to Read:

His cheeks are as tender as raw meat on a butcher's block. And those are just the cheeks of his face. As he slumps in the saddle, watching the road disappear into the distance, he aches in parts of his body that he's only just discovering he has...

When Mark travels to Ecuador to go hiking and climbing, he discovers a land of dramatic volcanoes rising through the clouds
Published July 15th 2019 by Mountain Footsteps Press

To ask other readers questions about Feet and Wheels to Chimborazo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feet and Wheels to Chimborazo

Start your review of Feet and Wheels to Chimborazo: A unique climbing and cycling adventure to the summit of Ecuador
Julian Sansum
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent adventure book for the modern armchair reader

I really enjoyed this book. Marks writing is pitched at a level where you think you might just about be able to do some of the things that he talks about and it sets you thinking as to what you might aspire to if you could be bothered to get up from your armchair.

This is his second full length book and I think he shows a significantly increased maturity as a writer from his first book (Seven Steps from Snowdon to Everest). In his first
paula joy miller
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet!!

I've read all of Mark's books and especially enjoyed this one! His sense of humor really shines and I found myself laughing out loud often!
Karl Elliott

• The Fox
  • Why We're Polarized
  • Landmarks
  • Shaking Hands with Death
  • The Escape (John Puller, #3)
  • Inside the Middle East: Making Sense of the Most Dangerous and Complicated Region on Earth
  • The Lathe of Heaven
  • The Vietnam War Trilogy: The 13th Valley, For the Sake of All Living Things, and Carry Me Home
  • The Wall
  • Dumped, Actually
  • Don't Come Back: a travel adventure of bad-tempered baboons, black magic, and breakups.
  • The Book of Strange New Things
  • No Neutral Ground: Finding Jesus in a Cape Town Ghetto
  • How Not to Get Married: Confessions of a Wedding Photographer
  • Big Mile Cycling: Ten Years. 60000 Miles. One Dream
  • The Rise of the Ultra Runners: A Journey to the Edge of Human Endurance
For five years I have been writing what has been described as one of the most credible Everest opinion blogs out there. I write about trekking and mountaineering from the often silent perspective of the commercial client.

For over a decade I have been exploring the world's greater mountain ranges and keeping a diary of my travels. As a writer I strive to do for mountain history what Bill Bryson did