Start by marking “Devilry (King University, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devilry (King University, #2)

Devilry

(King University #2)

Attending King University was at the top of my bucket list. Falling in love with my Professor wasn’t.

Earning a full scholarship to King University was my hard earned ticket out of hell. I'm happy to be away from the small town I grew up in and all the equally small minded people who live there.

King was going to be my safe haven. A place where I could leave the old me behi
Published June 21st 2019 by Marley Valentine

Start your review of Devilry (King University, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Devilry, by Marley Valentine, is book two in the King University series. This is my very first book by Marley and WOW! What an amazing book! This book can be read as a stand alone. The first book in the series, Depravity, is by Jacob Chance. The characters do recur in this book but are not required to enjoy this one! All of the genres involved in this book, M/M, student/professor, and age gap, are favorites of mine.

devilry marley valentine - Google Search

Cole Huxley has just relocated to accept the job as a professor at the esteemed I
Michelle Claypot_Reads
M/M done right!

Marley Valentine has floored me with her first M/M release. She’s given me the dominance and masculinity I want from this genre but she’s paired it flawlessly with the vulnerability of a young man finding his place in the world and realising he’s perfect just the way he is. I got the sniffles more than once in this one.

Elijah is the kind of character you fall in love with. The friend or neighbour you want to protect and show that he’s loved. In fact he reminds me of a very close
Isabella. R
4 Affirmation Stars ⭐

Nothing about me is straight and narrow.

Not my needs.

Not my wants.

Not my hopes.

Not my dreams.

And definitely not my sexuality.

Son of a pastor, Elijah Williams has studied and worked hard to earn a scholarship to attend the prestigious King University. Miles away from home and from intolerant parents, he finally has his ticket to freedom. However, Eli struggles to embrace who he really wants to be, preferring to remain detached from others. This way questions will not be
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think my mere words, or weak attempts can give this book the justice it deserves. It amazed me, kept me intrigued and had me in love with the characters, before they themselves shared their feelings. I couldn’t get the characters out of my head, this book definitely gives you a roller coaster of feelings throughout. An absolutely superb piece of writing, eliciting strong emotions throughout -joy, heartbreak, love and hope.

Elijah and Coles’s relationship is described so beautifully. The r
K. Webster
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow! I scooped this book up by Marley Valentine because I realized it was MM. I expected steam and taboo goodness (which I totally got), but what I did not expect was all the emotions too! This book tugged at my heartstrings and had me tense as could be, praying their love story would work out. It hooked me from the very first chapter and spit me back out at the end. SO GOOD! What topped off this fantastic read for me was the eloquent and poetic prose in Marley's writing. I highlighted so m ...more
Marley Valentine
May 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Teaming up as solo authors and under their Remy Blake pen name, Jacob Chance and Marley Valentine are excited to bring to you The King University Series.

6 Complete Strangers

Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/31rvALW

Available NOW and FREE with #KindleUnlim
Papie
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love a good age gap romance and this one was perfect. Also, I’m a professor, and really into the whole professor-student trope, which I don’t see often enough. It’s hot and off limits, what can I say?

I adored Elijah, such a beautiful, mature yet pure and innocent young man. I fell hard for Cole, who was the perfect sexy older man, although not that old here. The sex was sweet and steamy. The side characters were interesting and well developed. I hated Aiden for most of it but now I can’t wait
*•.¸✽ Damjana ✽¸.•*
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
Marley could you please write more MM books?
Meg Talks Romance Novels
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SIMPLY AMAZING! I don’t know how to find the perfect words to convey how emotionally breathtaking this story really was. This was M/M at it’s most beautiful and best. Reading you would think Marley Valentine has been writing this genre for years, but she has wowed with her first in this trope. Marley brings stories that take your emotions for crazy rides, but always leaves your heart smiling and Devilry is her best to date.

Elijah. I love him. That’s all that needs to be said for my feels of him.
Leslie
One star feels too harsh and I did finish it so I guess I’ll give it two. This was really bad though. I’m confused about all the high ratings.
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

My first ever book by Marley Valentine and she blows me away with the emotional depth, push and pull all while giving the dominance and masculinity the right way with this MM romance!

“Nothing about me is straight and narrow. Not my needs. Not my wants. Not my hopes. Not my dreams. And definitely not my sexuality.”

GAAAAAH, I cannot say enough good things about this book. First off, Elijah is the type of person you want to wrap around in love so much love and make him feel
Tre Talbot
5 glorious stars!
We’re given a sweet, sexy and heartfelt throughout story from beginning until the very end. There were moments that brought me to tears hearing both Cole and Elijah’s backgrounds growing up, to see two completely different spectrums is both heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time. The depth of these characters brings them to life, the details and descriptions lift the words right off the page. I love a good taboo read and this M/M, professor/student romance did not disappoi
Jen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic story! Marley Valentine stole my heart and I’m in love with Cole and Elijah!!! Devilry was not only hot, it was an emotional ride. I love student/teacher age gap romance novels, and Devilry delivered. But it wasn’t just a taboo story—it was so much more. The love between these two poured from the pages and filled my heart.

I loved Cole for his heart, maturity, and the way he loved so completely. Elijah was worthy of love—he just needed to find the right person to guide him. I lo
Books and Lyrics Blog
5 shining stars

Every now and then a book comes along and completely consumes your soul, Devilry is one of those books.
There were moments of passion, pain and intense heat.
Elijah and Cole's story is incredibly romantic and will forever be a favourite of mine. Their connection and feelings for one another proves that love truly does concur all.
Keri Loves Books
“Today. Tomorrow. Always.”

A sweet and sexy MM romance with so many poignant and heartfelt moments. It was HOT, yet so much more. It was heartache and healing. It was love and acceptance. It was a forbidden romance that will leave you with a smile on your face.

Elijah just wanted his own life where he was accepted and he could love whomever he wanted. Cole was just starting a new job at a prestigious University as a professor, but never thought he would want a forever with anyone.

Cole's outlook ch
Autumn Grey
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devilry is Marley's first M/M romance, and she definitely kicked it right out of the park with this forbidden romance.
The first time Cole and Elijah meet, Elijah feels a certain change in him toward Cole (his professor) and vice versa. Elijah has been living in the shadows in regards to his sexuality, while Cole is confident of who he is. The attraction toward each other intrigues them, but they fight it. But hiding their growing attraction can only last so far before they act on it.
There's bea
M
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley Valentine, what have you done to me???? Let me just say that this is one of my top reads of 2019. Hands down. Devilry is book #2 in the King University Trilogy and I have been anxiously awaiting this book. It is a wonderfully written love story with so much emotion, heat and heart. I was hooked from page one and this book held my captivated to the very end. Cole Huxley...holy smokes! Hot Professor? Yes, please! And Elijah, gives as good as he gets. Gah!!! Love them. I simply adore the way ...more
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Nothing I write in a review will be enough to say how great this book is.
This story will stay with me FOREVER!
Elijah and Cole..oh my stars.
The physicality - the sexual chemistry- the fight for dominance was so intoxicating.
Oh all the first kiss..holy hell! I think my heart stopped.
I did shed some tears because it was so beautiful to watch a man see that’s he’s enough just the way he is.
Beautifully written with such passion and grace.
I highly recommend this read!
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Plot~ 5/5
Mai
Erin Scorpio
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading both this author and this trope. I have never read M/M before. I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect but it was beautifully written. The chemistry between Eli and Cole is magnetic and all consuming. From the moment they met. It's a forbidden romance with Cole being Eli's professor, but anything that good is worth it all in the end the supporting characters were amazing as well. Geena, though, Cole's Mom, she is that Mom that loves everyone, th ...more
Paula D
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! What a sexy, intense love story that made me cry! Elijah because of his parents he can never be his real self. Until Elijah is in college and meets the sexy professor. I loved every page. The kiss and chemistry is off the charts! I love Cole and his alpha side but his sweet side too will make you swoon hard. Elijah is a sweet boy that you will want to hold and never let go. Elijah’s love and strength will make your heart skip a beat. Beautiful m/m story one I truly will never forget ...more
Christine
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devilry is quite the M/M delight! It was sexy and sweet and truly a fantastic story!!

Cole and Elijah just had that immediate attraction from the moment they ran into each other on the jogging trail. Cole, obviously was a little more forward in his advances, as Elijah was still a bit reluctant to be open about his sexuality. They soon found out he was his professor, but neither of them could stay away from the other. There was just an energy between them that just kept intensifying, until they co
Mona williams
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow talk about hot hot! he is going to school making friends and trying to forget his past. than he runs into a hot professor and thats one thing he didnt want to happen. you must read to find out what happens.
Dani
Marley brings both steam and angst in this brand new story. Devilry was everything I didn't know I wanted, but I was hooked! If you love your stories with tension, forbidden angst that had me swiping the pages, then you NEED to grab Devilry.

Elijah was an intriguing three dimensional character that had me falling head over heels in seconds. His struggles were seeping from the pages, and all I wanted to do was grab him and keep him for myself.

When Cole walks in, I couldn't help but be bowled over
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
At 45% I've decided to DNF this. Just not very compelling, nothing too deep, a trope of the young virgin male with hostile parents being gay and the forbidden older man teacher with lots of sexual experience.

Meh. At best 3 stars.
Jessica Alcazar
UGH … I still hate the title thing happening with these books, but I can appreciate the authors marketing strategy. This just didn’t fit for me. As with Depravity, this book just didn’t read as *wicked, reckless or anything to do with the devil*, quite the opposite, so calling it that makes me twitchy, but I get it so whatever. It’s a thing with me but moving on because this story was actually spectacular in a lot of ways!

Both Eli and Cole did it for me. Their journey did it for me. Their gr
Kelly Green
Never in my life have I felt so freaking protective of a fictional character! Elijah just had my heart from the very beginning and I wanted to go into the story and beat the crap out of anyone who dared to hurt him! I wanted to hug him and hold him and tell him that not everyone are jerk faces like the people he has dealt with..... but thankfully he found that person in Cole. I was very wary of Cole at first. I was not at all sure how this was going to play out for them. And in addition to Cole ...more
Denise H.
Jul 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We are introduced to young Elijah as he fools around behind the church. Now, Elijah is in college on a scholarship, 18, and learning his way around. Cole, is Professor Huxley, 32, a new teacher at King College, and he'll be one of Elijah's professors. Aidan is Eli's roommate, and his girl, Callie are a complicated pair, rich and spoiled, and aren't nice to Eli, plus there is an incident. Cole's friends are Miles and Harper.
The attraction of Eli and Cole is instantaneous, wow,

the sparks fly, as
Clayre Tower
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“But if I’m going to get my heart broken, I want you to leave one hell of a scar.”
How long will I love this book? Today. Tomorrow. Always.
Elijah’s situation broke my heart but I loved his determination to work hard to make the life that he wants to have. I love that his experiences only seemed to make his faith stronger and didn’t diminish it.
Cole Huxley, from meeting him in Depravity I already wanted to know more about him and his character did not disappoint. Not only did we get another persp
Amy J
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm absolutely blown away. Completely

I can't remember the last time I have FELT the characters. Feel their love and pain, highs and lows. It was really everything.

This is so well written, so detailed and tight.

Elijah and Cole are perfectly crafted for each other.

I could go on and on. Perfection.
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Devlry is out of my comfort zone as I don’t read many M/M books but this one has really hit a high note for me.

Marley Valentine nailed this one and it gave me all the feels.

A man in control and in charge always gives me the tingles and Cole did that for me. Elijah and Cole were the perfect combination and their chemistry was sizzling off the charts. This book was all kinds of HOT!!!

I fell in love with the characters instantly and I knew right off the bat that Cole and Elijah were going to be on
Romance Retreat: Devilry Anniversary 2 20 Jun 22, 2020 08:16AM
Romance Retreat: MM Student/Teacher Deliciousness... 4 28 Jan 14, 2020 02:54PM
Romance Retreat: Have you read King U yet? 1 13 Dec 09, 2019 04:48AM
Romance Retreat: Devilry Excerpt 1 4 Oct 07, 2019 04:10AM
Romance Retreat: MM AND Student/Teacher 1 8 Aug 05, 2019 04:07AM

• Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities, #2)
  • Surrender (Voyeur, #3.5)
  • Abstract Love
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Follow the River (River of Rain, #1)
  • Rule Breakers (Off Limits, #1)
  • End Scene
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
Living in Sydney, Australia with her family, Marley Valentine is a USA Today bestselling author and a former social worker who uses her past experiences to write real life, emotional and heartfelt contemporary romance.

She enjoys mixing it up with both M/F and M/M Romance incorporating all forms of life, lust and love as her characters embark on their journey to their happily ever after.

When she’s

King University (3 books)
  • Depravity (King University, #1)
  • Debauchery (King University, #3)

News & Interviews

“But, if I’m going to get my heart broken, I want you to leave one hell of a fucking scar behind.” 1 likes
“Today. Tomorrow. Always” 0 likes