Start by marking “Devilry (King University #2)” as Want to Read:
Devilry (King University #2)

Devilry

(King University #2)

Attending King University was at the top of my bucket list. Falling in love with my professor wasn’t.

Earning a full scholarship to King University was my hard earned ticket out of hell. I'm happy to be away from the small town I grew up in and all the equally small minded people who live there.

King was going to be my safe haven. A place where I could leave the old me behind a
Published June 21st 2019

Start your review of Devilry (King University #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

devilry marley valentine - Google SearchDevilry, by Marley Valentine, is book two in the King University series. This is my very first book by Marley and WOW! What an amazing book! This book can be read as a stand alone. The first book in the series, Depravity, is by Jacob Chance. The characters do recur in this book but are not required to enjoy this one! All of the genres involved in this book, M/M, student/professor, and age gap, are favorites of mine.

devilry marley valentine - Google Search

Cole Huxley has just relocated to accept the job as a professor at the esteemed Ivy League King University. Cole is thirty one years old. He’s known he was gay all of his life and has enjoyed the complete love and support of his family. He’s comfortable with his life but he has never been in a long term relationship. He has just never met anyone that made him want more than casual. Then, on the first day of classes, someone literally bowled him right over, and his life was forever changed.

worthers originals

Elijah (Eli) Williams grew up in a very small town, with equally small minded people, including his parents. He knew he was different, that he liked boys instead of girls. But he was led to believe that he was dirty for feeling this way. That he was worthless. Getting accepted to King University was his out. He was getting away from the town and the people that made him feel like he was less. This was a new start for him.

“He’s everything I know I shouldn’t look twice at, but I can’t turn away.”

Eli knew as soon as he touched Professor Huxley that there was something different in their connection. Something electric. But he was his teacher and he couldn’t jeopardize his scholarship. But he can’t get him off his mind. And it seems that Prof. Huxley might be feeling something too. Could it be that he was flirting with him?

“He’s not just my professor, he’s the man who’s changing my world.”
today tomorrow always
At the same time as Eli is dealing with his growing attraction to Cole, he is also dealing with his roommate and his roommate’s friend, Callie. Both of them are troubled in their own ways. Also, a friendship is developing between Cole, Miles and Harper. I love that I already knew what Miles was going through from the first book. And I can’t wait to see what Harper’s story will be.

“This gorgeous, irresistible, young man is slowly becoming everything I didn’t know I wanted, and everything I had no plans of letting go of.”

Attraction between Cole and Eli turns soon to lust and then to obsession. As their feelings deepen, they take risks. If they are caught, they could both lose everything. I loved, though, watching Elijah slowly begin to accept himself, to leave the negativity of his past behind him. To find love and acceptance with both Cole and his new friends.

devilry marley valentine

I loved every single thing about this book. I completely fell in love with Elijah and Cole. Neither of them knew that their future happiness was waiting for them on that university campus. I think what I loved most was that they both recognized it, and neither of them was willing to walk away from it. No matter what.

The third book in this story is Debauchery, and is Harper’s story. I…can’t…wait!!!

“Things worth fighting for are never easy.”

For more about this book and so many more, come and visit me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
M/M done right!

Marley Valentine has floored me with her first M/M release. She’s given me the dominance and masculinity I want from this genre but she’s paired it flawlessly with the vulnerability of a young man finding his place in the world and realising he’s perfect just the way he is. I got the sniffles more than once in this one.

Elijah is the kind of character you fall in love with. The friend or neighbour you want to protect and show that he’s loved. In fact he reminds me of a very close
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think my mere words, or weak attempts can give this book the justice it deserves. It amazed me, kept me intrigued and had me in love with the characters, before they themselves shared their feelings. I couldn’t get the characters out of my head, this book definitely gives you a roller coaster of feelings throughout. An absolutely superb piece of writing, eliciting strong emotions throughout -joy, heartbreak, love and hope.

Elijah and Coles’s relationship is described so beauti
Marley Valentine
May 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Teaming up as solo authors and under their Remy Blake pen name, Jacob Chance and Marley Valentine are excited to bring to you The King University Series.

6 Complete Strangers

Available NOW and FREE with #KindleUnlimited

∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙

Jen
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic story! Marley Valentine stole my heart and I’m in love with Cole and Elijah!!! Devilry was not only hot, it was an emotional ride. I love student/teacher age gap romance novels, and Devilry delivered. But it wasn’t just a taboo story—it was so much more. The love between these two poured from the pages and filled my heart.

I loved Cole for his heart, maturity, and the way he loved so completely. Elijah was worthy of love—he just needed to find the right person to guide him. I lo
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

My first ever book by Marley Valentine and she blows me away with the emotional depth, push and pull all while giving the dominance and masculinity the right way with this MM romance!

“Nothing about me is straight and narrow. Not my needs. Not my wants. Not my hopes. Not my dreams. And definitely not my sexuality.”

GAAAAAH, I cannot say enough good things about this book. First off, Elijah is the type of person you want to wrap around in love so much love and make him feel s
Meghann Martin
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SIMPLY AMAZING! I don’t know how to find the perfect words to convey how emotionally breathtaking this story really was. This was M/M at it’s most beautiful and best. Reading you would think Marley Valentine has been writing this genre for years, but she has wowed with her first in this trope. Marley brings stories that take your emotions for crazy rides, but always leaves your heart smiling and Devilry is her best to date.

Elijah. I love him. That’s all that needs to be said for my f
Tre Talbot
5 glorious stars!
We’re given a sweet, sexy and heartfelt throughout story from beginning until the very end. There were moments that brought me to tears hearing both Cole and Elijah’s backgrounds growing up, to see two completely different spectrums is both heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time. The depth of these characters brings them to life, the details and descriptions lift the words right off the page. I love a good taboo read and this M/M, professor/student romance did not di
Keri Loves Books
“Today. Tomorrow. Always.”

A sweet and sexy MM romance with so many poignant and heartfelt moments. It was HOT, yet so much more. It was heartache and healing. It was love and acceptance. It was a forbidden romance that will leave you with a smile on your face.

Elijah just wanted his own life where he was accepted and he could love whomever he wanted. Cole was just starting a new job at a prestigious University as a professor, but never thought he would want a forever with
Autumn Grey
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devilry is Marley's first M/M romance, and she definitely kicked it right out of the park with this forbidden romance.
The first time Cole and Elijah meet, Elijah feels a certain change in him toward Cole (his professor) and vice versa. Elijah has been living in the shadows in regards to his sexuality, while Cole is confident of who he is. The attraction toward each other intrigues them, but they fight it. But hiding their growing attraction can only last so far before they act on it.
There
M
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley Valentine, what have you done to me???? Let me just say that this is one of my top reads of 2019. Hands down. Devilry is book #2 in the King University Trilogy and I have been anxiously awaiting this book. It is a wonderfully written love story with so much emotion, heat and heart. I was hooked from page one and this book held my captivated to the very end. Cole Huxley...holy smokes! Hot Professor? Yes, please! And Elijah, gives as good as he gets. Gah!!! Love them. I simply adore the way ...more
SHARING MY LOVE FOR BOOKS
5 shining stars

Every now and then a book comes along and completely consumes your soul, Devilry is one of those books.
There were moments of passion, pain and intense heat.
Elijah and Cole's story is incredibly romantic and will forever be a favourite of mine. Their connection and feelings for one another proves that love truly does concur all.
Kelly Green
Never in my life have I felt so freaking protective of a fictional character! Elijah just had my heart from the very beginning and I wanted to go into the story and beat the crap out of anyone who dared to hurt him! I wanted to hug him and hold him and tell him that not everyone are jerk faces like the people he has dealt with..... but thankfully he found that person in Cole. I was very wary of Cole at first. I was not at all sure how this was going to play out for them. And in addition to Cole ...more
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Nothing I write in a review will be enough to say how great this book is.
This story will stay with me FOREVER!
Elijah and Cole..oh my stars.
The physicality - the sexual chemistry- the fight for dominance was so intoxicating.
Oh all the first kiss..holy hell! I think my heart stopped.
I did shed some tears because it was so beautiful to watch a man see that’s he’s enough just the way he is.
Beautifully written with such passion and grace.
I highly recommend th
Erin Scorpio
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time reading both this author and this trope. I have never read M/M before. I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect but it was beautifully written. The chemistry between Eli and Cole is magnetic and all consuming. From the moment they met. It's a forbidden romance with Cole being Eli's professor, but anything that good is worth it all in the end the supporting characters were amazing as well. Geena, though, Cole's Mom, she is that Mom that loves everyone, th ...more
Paula D
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my heart! What a sexy, intense love story that made me cry! Elijah because of his parents he can never be his real self. Until Elijah is in college and meets the sexy professor. I loved every page. The kiss and chemistry is off the charts! I love Cole and his alpha side but his sweet side too will make you swoon hard. Elijah is a sweet boy that you will want to hold and never let go. Elijah’s love and strength will make your heart skip a beat. Beautiful m/m story one I truly will never forget ...more
Notorious Book Tease
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
My heart. It barely survived this book. But luckily, even as she shattered your heart Ms. Valentine expertly picked up the pieces and stitched them back together. Cole was briefly introduced in the first book of this series. He is a new arts and history professor at the elite King University, specializing in religious studies. Cole has moved across the country for this job, away from his family. While he's out for a run a beautiful man literally runs into him. Cole feels an instant attraction to ...more
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I immensely loved this story. Everything about it touched my heart. Devilry was very well written and you can tell the author put her heart and soul into every word. While there are plenty of scorching moments, I found the relationship developing between Elijah and Cole most prominent in the story. do read quite a bit of MM romance. That said having different authors perspectives on this genre I know what I like, I know what I enjoy reading. And this book had all the feels I look for in that perfect re ...more
Christine
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devilry is quite the M/M delight! It was sexy and sweet and truly a fantastic story!!

Cole and Elijah just had that immediate attraction from the moment they ran into each other on the jogging trail. Cole, obviously was a little more forward in his advances, as Elijah was still a bit reluctant to be open about his sexuality. They soon found out he was his professor, but neither of them could stay away from the other. There was just an energy between them that just kept intensifying, u
Mona williams
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
wow talk about hot hot! he is going to school making friends and trying to forget his past. than he runs into a hot professor and thats one thing he didnt want to happen. you must read to find out what happens.
Dani
Marley brings both steam and angst in this brand new story. Devilry was everything I didn't know I wanted, but I was hooked! If you love your stories with tension, forbidden angst that had me swiping the pages, then you NEED to grab Devilry.

Elijah was an intriguing three dimensional character that had me falling head over heels in seconds. His struggles were seeping from the pages, and all I wanted to do was grab him and keep him for myself.

When Cole walks in, I couldn't help but be
Clayre Tower
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“But if I’m going to get my heart broken, I want you to leave one hell of a scar.”
How long will I love this book? Today. Tomorrow. Always.
Elijah’s situation broke my heart but I loved his determination to work hard to make the life that he wants to have. I love that his experiences only seemed to make his faith stronger and didn’t diminish it.
Cole Huxley, from meeting him in Depravity I already wanted to know more about him and his character did not disappoint. Not only did we
Amy J
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm absolutely blown away. Completely

I can't remember the last time I have FELT the characters. Feel their love and pain, highs and lows. It was really everything.

This is so well written, so detailed and tight.

Elijah and Cole are perfectly crafted for each other.

I could go on and on. Perfection.
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Devlry is out of my comfort zone as I don’t read many M/M books but this one has really hit a high note for me.

Marley Valentine nailed this one and it gave me all the feels.

A man in control and in charge always gives me the tingles and Cole did that for me. Elijah and Cole were the perfect combination and their chemistry was sizzling off the charts. This book was all kinds of HOT!!!

I fell in love with the characters instantly and I knew right off the bat that
Tiffany Brocato
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Devilry is my first M/M read and I couldn’t have been more excited! The vulnerability, compassion, and raw emotion leaped off the pages and begged me to read faster! In true Marley fashion, she gives you all the feels and loves to pull on the heart strings with real life and relatable circumstances. Cole and Eli’s love story was no exception and nothing short of amazing! Marley touched on two different sides of acceptance and told their story perfectly. Cole proved to be the patient man Elijah n ...more
Sherry
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Marley’s books and she is very talented. I have not read any MM romance books, and when I learned this book would be released by her, I decided to keep an open mind. I am so glad I did! The book is superbly written and the story line between Elijah and Cole is fantastic! The labeling and hypocritical attitude he received from his father made Elijah withdraw into himself and Cole became his support system early in their relationship. The sex scenes were beyond hot! Great read!!
Jennifer Shiflett
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a pretty recent fan of MM books, but a major fan of Marley Valentine books, and I knew that this was a book that I needed to read.

The writing is phenomenal, the chemistry between Eli and Cole was scorching, and sweet at the same time.

This is definitely a book that I will recommend, and one that I will reread in the near future.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
How can this story possibly be Marley Valentine's first M/M romance because damn did this lady ignite my heart on fire with this insanely addictive forbidden romance! The author's storytelling ability was flawlessly structured and the character development was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. This couple wholeheartedly*
AussieMum
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The college student and his Professor. Every time I had to put this down I couldn’t wait to pick it back up again. Elijah was 18 but wise beyond his years. And Cole was 32, had a good head in his shoulders and was also a little bit dreamy. I really liked these 2 together. They were level-headed, open and honest with each other. They made mistakes but worked it out together. This had a tonne of romance as well as heat. The ending was just too rushed for my liking.

Mari  Cardenas
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars!

Devilry is book 2 in the King's University Series, which consists of 2 MF books and this one, which is the only MM in the bunch, all written by a different author and they can all be read as a standalone.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure what to expect because Marley Valentine is a new-to-me author, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Other than finding the book overly detailed in some parts, I think Ms. Valentine did a very good job with this forbidden, opposites-a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Romance Retreat: Devilry Excerpt 1 4 Oct 07, 2019 04:10AM
Romance Retreat: King University Series- Binge it this summer! 1 14 Aug 12, 2019 08:19AM
Romance Retreat: MM AND Student/Teacher 1 7 Aug 05, 2019 04:07AM

• CHECKED (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Now You See Me
  • Rumble (World Class Wrestling #2)
  • Cold Hearted Baller
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Often & Suddenly (Angels and Sunshine, #3)
  • Brighter Shades of Light
  • Resonance (Rhythm of Love #2)
  • Mr. Marshall's Method (Learning to Love, #1)
  • Rocket Science
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Broken Play (Sugar Land Saints #2)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Hurt Me
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
Marley Valentine comes from the future. Living in Sydney, Australia with her family. When she's not busy writing her own stories, she spends most of her time immersed in the words of her favourite authors.

Sign up to my newsletter to keep up to date with all my news: http://eepurl.com/df9oBr

And follow me on all the following social media

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMarley...
Instagram: https://www.Instagram.com/mvalentinea...
Twitter: https://www.Twitter.com/MValentine__
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B01NBAQIP2
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

King University (3 books)
  • Depravity (King University, #1)
  • Debauchery
“But, if I’m going to get my heart broken, I want you to leave one hell of a fucking scar behind.” 0 likes
“Today. Tomorrow. Always” 0 likes