Start by marking “The Shady Corner” as Want to Read:
The Shady Corner

The Shady Corner

A shady corner in life can be a dark and mysterious place, but in the shady corners of the mind, the mystery and darkness know no bounds!

In a struggle with his conscience and haunted by images of murder, David is given a choice to right the wrongs of his past.

Can he cheat fate and avoid his future? Or is the evil that dwells within him more than it seems?

Only one thing i
Published June 13th 2008 by Authorhouse UK (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Shady Corner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shady Corner

Start your review of The Shady Corner
Michelle Mckinnon
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gruesome, disturbing and dark debut book for a talented author. Loved it from start to finish. If you love horror then this is a must read.
Jessica Bronder
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We start this story with David and his family. They go out to eat and next thing he knows. David is being yelled at by his wife for almost killing someone and scaring their kids to death. The problem is that David doesn’t remember what happened and starts second guessing themselves. Then David starts having nightmare of violence and blood. As the story progresses we start learning more about David and his evilness.

I loved Shadowchild and couldn’t wait to get into The Shady Corner. Although I mig
Becky Baldridge
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's increasingly hard to find anything original in the horror genre, so The Shady Corner took me by surprise with its unique story line. The one drawback for me was the way the story jumped back and forth in the timeline. It felt that some chapters ended rather abruptly and then jumped to a different time in David's life. In spite of that, the story does move at a fast pace and the characters are complex and love them or hate them, they're intriguing. Williams paints an eerie picture and sets a ...more
Matthew Williams
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Okay, I'm the author and I've just rated my own book 5 stars! There are many ways that I can justify this, but please allow me to start with this.

At the time of writing this review 'The Shady Corner' has 3 ratings on goodreads. 3, 4 & 5 giving it an average score of 4 out of five. However, the 3 star review clearly states 3.5 stars and the 4 star review clearly states 4.5 stars that gives me an average of 4.33 stars, can you feel the injustice? My 5 star rating simply redresses the average to 4.
Scott Baker
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to me an author friend I work with. Couldn't put it down, and it's proper gruesome, loved it!
Chris
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable read, I found this a very easy read, fast pace with no "filling" chapters. I look forward to reading further books by the author.
Belle
Corey Hutton
Chris Johnson
James  Robert
Oct 02, 2017
Born in 1975, Matthew Williams has been a keen fan of the horror/thriller/fantasy genres for as long as he can remember.  Whether it’s a film, a TV series, or a novel; he is drawn to all the different aspects of these genres.  Mainly it’s the complexities and the mysteries that can be expressed with freedom and imagination that he enjoys the most.

A fan of authors such as Stephen King, James Herber