Start by marking “Adaptive (The Elite Trials #2)” as Want to Read:
Adaptive (The Elite Trials #2)

(The Elite Trials #2)

A PERILOUS MISSION. AN IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE. ONE UNEXPECTED DISCOVERY.

Escaping Tatum City was all Lune wanted. Now that she’s out, freedom is beyond her reach more than ever. Her adoptive father knows her weaknesses. And if she fails to find Bren and complete her mission, he won’t hesitate to exploit each one.

To complicate matters further, Ryker, her wildly unpredictable comp
Published July 16th 2019 by Broken Books

Becky Moynihan
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I just finished reading Adaptive again, and since I’m marinating in all the feels, I think it needs its very first review. So here goes.
“This is the story of a girl learning to believe in herself. Of a boy rediscovering what matters most. In a world on the brink of change, hope and far-reaching love blooms, carrying them through new challenges and dangers. The future is uncertain, but they continue to fight—for a better tomorrow.”
Adaptive’s story in particular pierces my heart because it symbol
Sona Via
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Never apologize for loving someone. It's the greatest gift you can give them."

Adaptive by Becky Moynihan is the heart-stopping sequel to Reactive (The Elite Trials). It is a dystopian romance set in a world where the choices are limited and only the bravest of all can overcome the cruelty of the reality. In this sequel we follow Lune after the events of Reactive and it immediately picks up where we left our heroes.

Okay can I please fangirl now because I am utterly traumatized by the events taki
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*Read on KU, also own a copy*

Ah! *squeals!* I don't even get giddy often, but this book...this series...is just that good! I loved the first one, and hoped for more of the same quality, not only does this book deliver, but Becky Moynihan has gone above-and-beyond with this one, and ramps up all the times I loved about the first. Action! Romance! Character growth! Intrigue! Mystery! Plus so much more, and I'm just wishing I had the next book in hand, because after that ending, I need answers! Tho
Jesikah Sundin
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me just begin by saying . . . I COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. What a ride!

Second books are normally the make it or break it for most series. This book far surpassed my expectations, which is a really cliche thing to say. But it's true. I practically read the book all in one day. And that's rare for me.

The story is emotionally gripping. And the mind games? So. Intense. I don't know who to believe, who to trust. I can't even trust Lune's judgement about . . . anything. The secrets continue to unearth
Jessica
Aug 15, 2019 added it
Shelves: ya
Ashleigh
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bless the beautiful day this book was written!

Ok, but really now. If you loved Reactive you're going to fall that much more in love with the characters and twists that Becky has placed in Adaptive. You get to see more of Lune and Bren, but you also get to see more of Ryker (thank goodness)!

This book opens Lune up to the outside world. Where she learns more about herself and her mission than she ever thought was possible. She creates friendships and causes strife in them as well. There are so ma
~*Kelli*~
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gaaah Becky what are you doing to me!!??

I read this in one day.. once I started I couldn’t stop!

There’s twists and turns around every corner as you learn more about the characters and this world they are living in. Questions are answered and more are brought to the surface in this amazing sequel! With that ending.. IDK how my heart is going handle having to wait for book 3! 😭

Tyffany
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you like romance? Me too.

Action? Check please!

Dystopian? Okay, me not so much. BUT. Sometimes I find a rare exception and The Elite Trials is EXACTLY that.

Adaptive is the second book in TET trilogy and yet again Moynihan showcases her skills not only with emotional narrative but also with her can't-stop-reading, action-filled pacing. Plus the romance; she definitely knows how to bring the heat. ;)

Now, fairly, I do think there was a bit of jumping in the later part of the book that wasn't for
Marianne Mills
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

This book was INCREDIBLE. I finished it in one day and I can’t wait to find out what happens in the next book!!
Katelyn Anderson
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of Beta reading this a few weeks ago AND Y'ALL ARE IN FOR A TREAT. I can't even begin to explain just how epic this sequel is. It's perfection 😍 I need the 3rd book STAT.
Caitlin Haines
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free advanced copy of this book from the author for my honest opinion.*

Reactive was one of my favorite books of 2018, and I think it is safe to say Adaptive is going to make the 2019 list.

Dystopian has always been one of my favorite genres, but there are few series that stick with me. The Elite Trials will be one that does. It is already right up there with The Hunger Games, and if you know me, you know how big of a deal that is.

This series is so original and well thought out. It’s
Kim
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, fantasy, ya
by Becky Moynihan
Book 2 of the Elite Trials Series
Rating: 4/5

Becky Moynihan is back with her second installment in the Elite Trials series which blew me away with its action-packed scenes and heartfelt story. I was so excited to be able to read the next book because I couldn’t wait to read what happens to our heroine next!

Freedom was all that our main character, Lune, ever wanted. However, instead of true freedom, she is sent on a mission with Ryker to find Bren and make sure he fulfills
DesiRae Jones
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
........ what the hell just happened?!??!!
I don't even know who's good and who's evil anymore. I don't know up from down. I can't trust my feelings or my normal book instincts. Did I even read these books or has it all been a dream?

Holy crap batman. Lune is finally slightly less paranoid... slightly. Love finally seemed to be in reach.... sort of. Friendships might have actually been formed. Peace could have been in reach.....

How is Lune going to get out of this one? I still have to believe ther
Anna (RattleTheShelves)
***I've received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review***
Actual rating: 3.5

It was a ride packed full of action and romance. I would have probably enjoyed it more a couple of years ago but nowadays too much romance tends to annoy me in non-romance books. Still, it's a book that's hard to put down and while the first one reminded me of Scorpio Races x Hunger Games, the sequel is more like Shatter Me.

There was a sudden unexpected jump that changed everything about the plot and man
Lori
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book and volunteered to review it.

For a dystopian romance, this is packing a lot of punches.

Lune - poor thing - has gone through a lot, and still has much to understand about herself, her love interest Bren, and the mysterious Ryker, who knows so much more than he tells her. Losing her memory halfway through also puts a dampener on things, especially when she sees Bren looking at her.
This book makes you want to laugh, cry, scream with rage, and smile giddi
Hanna Sandvig
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
I adored this book! It picks up right where Reactive left off and dives into relentless action, and not a small amount of romantic tension. I couldn't put it down, and may have ignored my other responsibilities while I binged through it. If you haven't read Reactive, go read it at once. If you have, then you know you need to read Adaptive immediately so you don't need me to tell you to buy it! #teamryker
Hannah
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, that’s a hell of a follow up to Reactive! I have to admit that this story took some turns that I NEVER expected!!
If I had one complaint, it would be that the pacing was a bit slow, especially in the middle third of the book. Also, some of the love scenes didn’t work for me.
But overall this was an excellent addition to the series and will definitely leave fans eagerly waiting for the conclusion!!
Shiza K
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adaptive is the perfect Bridge between Reactive and the final book in The Elite Trial series. Becky has a way with words that let mould our current world beautiful in with the dystopian world she has created. The relationships forged, explored, and .....well you'll have to just read it to know more.
I'm not going to say the book ended nicely, or perfectly, because..... Well, again, you'll have to read it. 😋
Rachael
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
So many heart stopping moments! Becky is a master at having her readers follow along with the journey. One moment I was rooting for ***** the next ***** (spoilers). This book is full of action and romance! Lune is a strong and determined main character and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!

Full review to come!!
Jan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC of Adaptive from the author in exchange for an honest review.* And, I had to add the physical copy of this book to my collection too because if you loved Reactive, then you will love the sequel so much more. This is a must read if you love action, romance, and dystopian worlds. Plus, it is fast-paced, which is a must for me!
Head in Wonderland
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need the third book ASAP! This book was everything! Becky knows how to write to my heart! She is excellent at world building and making the most amazing, complex characters! This book is Dystopian goodness at its best.
Rebecca
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. It felt like I waited forever for this book after reading Reactive, and then I devoured the entire book in one day. Absolutely amazing! It was an emotional roller coaster. Becky Moynihan has a knack for getting you emotionally invested in these characters. Adaptive picked up right where Reactive left off, and drew me right back into this immersive world. I am absolutely loving the story, the world building, the characters, and the writing. Absolutely recommend!
Dilmeet Matta
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving someone is the greatest gift you can give them 😢 I want book 3 right now. It’s not fair to end the book with so many questions. I loved the book. I can’t wait for 2020. Bring it soon Becky ❤ Still #TeamBren ...more
Shauna Joesten
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read that had me captivated from the first page to the last. This read had me on the edge of my seat. And had twists and turns everywhere. There is epic battles and, never a dull moment in the whole book. I definitely recommend.
Shauna Joesten
Essiery
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Read it in one sitting. I loved seeing what the world is like outside the city. It's really not what I expected. It's soooooo much better! I can't wait to see what Lune does next.
Allisa White
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you were worried that this book would fall into slumpy-sequel syndrome, then I can tell you now that it does not. This book is as action-packed, fast-paced, emotional, romantic, and just plain fun, just like the first book.

I won't dwell too much in this section because I don't want to give any spoilers, but I do want to touch on one thing. Moynihan uses the amnesia trope in this book, which is not something I usually enjoy. I often find it frustrating, and I feel it usually slows down a plot.
Jen W
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Adaptive

I liked the book, the characters and the premise- which is a fresh take on a post apocalyptic world.

I would have given it 5 stars but for the abrupt cliff hanger and the many secrets not disclosed despite the completion of two full books.

Because of all the loose ends and frustrating secrets, I'm not as bonded with the story and regret that the 3rd book has yet to be published as it might get lost in the midst of other books that will catch my attention.

I will wait for the next book but
Blair
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5

TW; Animal Death
{which honestly was so unnecessary, I nearly rated it a 3 just bc of it}

I enjoyed the first 1/4 of this book, the middle 2/4 was kind of boring, and the last 1/4 was interesting and ended in a dramatic cliffhanger. I didn't care for this sequel as much as the first, but the ending of Adaptive made me excited for the final book.
Shannon
Jul 23, 2019
Suneé le Roux
Aug 10, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: My book has two separate profiles 5 14 Jun 08, 2019 03:04PM
Becky Moynihan writes sass, romance, and action. She's also the award-winning author of The Elite Trials trilogy (a YA dystopian romance), and co-author of the Genesis Crystal Saga (an NA urban fantasy series coming in 2020), with author Tyffany Hackett.
She spends her days staring at her picturesque backyard, wishing there weren't so many bugs outside when her goldendoodle insists on playing catc

The Elite Trials (2 books)
  • Reactive (The Elite Trials #1)