Start by marking “No More Naps!: A Story for When You're Wide-Awake and Definitely NOT Tired” as Want to Read:
No More Naps!: A Story for When You're Wide-Awake and Definitely NOT Tired

No More Naps!: A Story for When You're Wide-Awake and Definitely NOT Tired

The #1 New York Times bestselling middle grade powerhouse of Lemoncello fame brings his wit and humor to a pint-sized audience in his picture book debut that turs the universal dilemna of getting kids to sleep on its head.

It’s time for a nap but, just like stubborn toddlers everywhere, Annalise Devin McFleece won’t have anything to do with bedtime. Dad tries to encourage
Published February 4th 2020 by Random House

To ask other readers questions about No More Naps!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Naps!

Start your review of No More Naps!: A Story for When You're Wide-Awake and Definitely NOT Tired
Bea
Is that cover not perfect? Completely irresistible. Illustrator Espinosa perfectly captures a pissed off toddler. Just look at that expressive face, the eyes, the rigid body. Yeah, Espinosa has spent time around a toddler, lol. That same care is seen inside the book. With a few lines and color, Espinosa captures a toddlers emotional highs and lows as well as the poor folks having to deal with a tired, uncooperative toddler.

Annalise Devin McFleece does NOT want to nap. Her parents are tired, the
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

I've lost count of how many times I've read this book! I read it to the girls when it arrived (I like to get their reactions to books meant for them), and they've asked me to read it over and over again. I think it's because they can relate to the main character, since they never want to take naps
Lindsey
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I both yawned about twenty times while reading. It would be cute for storytime.
Sara Grochowski
My 3-year old nephew found this story hilarious! He's a bit too antsy for the full length text, but we read bits - especially the loooong, drawn out cries from the nap-resisting Annalise - and named and counted different animals, identifed who was sleeping and who was awake in each scene, and practiced predicting what might happen next. The illustrations are wonderfully expressive and perfect for mimicking and identifying!
Edward Sullivan
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Napping is not something anyone has to encourage me to do.
Kelsey
Age: Toddler-Preschool

Annalise Devin McFleece is a stubborn little nap-avoider. Her dad desperately takes her for a calming stroll in the park where they see every other sentient being fall asleep before she does. Not being one to back down, she becomes enraged that all the naps have already been taken until a kind cat offers her one of his.

Silly, undeniably relatable, and soothing for the nap-averse. Perfect to the T.
Katie Fitzgerald
This is a fun take on the toddler who refuses to nap. My current toddler actually doesn't resist naps that much, but she does grumble and fuss like the girl in the book about other things, and I think my bigger kids will find that amusing. For a story time, it would be really fun to pair this with a book like Silly Sally for a different spin on the sleepy theme. I'm going to hang onto my copy until we resume story time this summer to see if I can make that work!
Dierric Rogers
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book left me sleepy but in a good way. Annalise Devin McFleece refuses to take a nap, much to her parents dismay. Her father decides to take her one a stroll to the park to tire her out. Along the way passersby decide to take the nap that Annalise refuses to take. What happens when everyone but Annalise sleeps? You have to read the book to find out.
Pam
Feb 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations capture this toddler's expressions so clearly. Parents everywhere will identify with this struggle. She's determined to stay awake and defies all persuasions until the whole world is sleeping. Then she wants to do it too. Humor comes through clearly.
A terrific read aloud for families.
Ruby
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny and cute to read aloud, we liked going over all the people and animals sleeping.
Randi
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cute twist on this. What happens if all of the naps are taken when you finally decide you need one?
Austin Gullett
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is essentially one giant play on words, but it really works. So, at first it's just about a toddler who won't take a nap. Been there, heard that story. But, there's a bit of a twist in that she can't "take a nap" because after a certain point all of the naps have been "taken." It's really very cute.
Rich Farrell
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This book is adorable, with great facial expressions on little Annalise Devin McFleece and a story that is both silly and sensical.
Beth
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the most adorable book! I wish my kids were still little. They would have loved this!
Leslie
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a brand new picture book. The kids enjoyed it at Story Time.
Awjtf
Feb 06, 2020 added it
Shelves: book-talk-2021
Love it!
Joanne
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
LOVE THIS AUTHOR! For those us who wish we could take the nap our little one does not want.
Kathryn
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Liked it
Rebecca Ann
This is a great choice for parents of children who have just learned the word No. The story helps children understand their feelings, the consequences of their actions, and how to manage it all.
Jaymie
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
So cute!
Nik
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm NOT sleepy!
Beth
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes it take a village to get a kid to nap... or in this case, a whole city.
Kari (momfluester) Instagram
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An adorable book with great illustrations that makes children laugh and is an enjoyable family read.
Michele
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a fabulous read-aloud where sleepy people volunteer to take a nap for energetic Annalise; and when she is finally ready for some rest, all the naps are already taken!
Cheryl
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Absolutely adorable relateable story with adorable illustrations!!
Barbara
There's no denying that chapter book author Chris Grabenstein is funny and imaginative. In this picture book--his first--he describes a situation with which many new parents may be familiar but takes it in a surprisingly different direction. Annalise Devin McFleece simply won't go to sleep no matter what her parents try. In a desperate attempt to lull her to sleep, her father heads outdoors and strolls her around the park, thinking the motion will have the right effect on her. But Annalise stays ...more
Julia
This was a pretty fun storytime read for my preschool crowd. I edited some of the words and pages to make it shorter, but the concept was hilarious, and we really had a great time with the built-in question lines and tantrum noises. To older kids, a story of a younger kid refusing to take a nap is always going to be funny.

Wishing this book was shorter, or didn't have talking animals in what didn't seem a logically consistent flow, or had more diverse representation in the illustrations of the
Rachael Bookfairs
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-done
Too young for fairs
Stephanie
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute, but I just wanted this kid to take a nap.
Karen
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This toddler has a very strong opinion about nap time. She does NOT approve. Her patient but seriously sleepy daddy takes her for a walk in the park as a last resort. Everyone there is ready for a nice rejuvenating rest. As her dad pushes her stroller, seemingly asleep on his feet, our girl is finally drowsy, but will she sleep? She does, and gets some much needed sleep.

A darling and determined little girl is a humorous heroine in this picture book about a negative napper. The illustrations
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Such a Good Boy
  • The Serious Goose
  • Snail Crossing
  • Straw
  • In a Jar
  • Swim Swim Sink
  • The Cool Bean (The Bad Seed, #3)
  • Almost Time
  • Cool Cuts
  • Reading Beauty
  • Old Rock (Is Not Boring)
  • The Perfectly Perfect Wish
  • Bird Hugs
  • Where Lily Isn't
  • The Oldest Student: How Mary Walker Learned to Read
  • Red at the Bone
  • The Starless Sea
  • The Box Turtle
CHRIS GRABENSTEIN is a #1 New York Times bestselling. His books include the LEMONCELLO LIBRARY series, the WONDERLAND series, and many fun and funny page-turners co-authored with James Patterson. You can visit Chris at ChrisGrabenstein.com.