Start by marking “The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay” as Want to Read:
The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay

The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay

(Cornish Hearts #2)

One summer can change everything...

Catherine Bromley has spent her life in Penhallow Sands, dedicating herself to work and supporting her emotionally fragile mother. Since her father left, it’s always been the two of them and Catherine has no interest in romance. What’s the point when men just leave? And besides, her mother needs her.

But when handsome novelist Mark Colem

Published July 25th 2019 by Canelo Escape

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay

Kim
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute and cozy story. Bit of escapism with the Cornwall setting, but of rom-com, and some fun friendships. Catherine was a bit of a wet noodle at first but I warmed up to her as a character. Looking forward to reading more in this series.

My copy was provided by NetGalley for review all opinions are my own.
Nicola Clough
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't wait to read the second book in this series as the first was excellent and the second one was fantastic and amazingly well written and didn't want to put the book down at all. The characters are brilliant and the story plot has twist and turns and kept you on tender hooks. It's full of romance but having to let the past go and to move forward to be happy also full of family secrets and telling the truth. Very heartwarming and worth far more than five stars.
Catherine lives in Penhallow
Elaine
This is another winner from Darcie Boleyn, an engaging and heartwarming story set in Cornwall with great characters, a plot filled with twists and turns and an added sprinkling of humour, too.

Catherine Bromley has been brought up to expect men to let her down, starting with her father who left when she was a child. She’s certainly not looking out for romance but when author Mark Coleman takes over the nearby cottage their chemistry is palpable but both have events in their past to make them wary
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Another lovely Darcie Boleyn book, I adored this so much I read it across an evening, I just didn’t want to put it down. Darcie writes such lovely, heartwarming and appealing characters you can’t help but want them to fall in love. I adore the fact they are flawed, imperfect people and it makes them so much more relatable and easy to connect with. Each book I have read of Darcie’s is a little ray of happiness into your heart, pure unadulterated happiness and warmth in a book. If you need a lift ...more
Nessa
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolute joy this book was to read, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

Having read book 1 to this series, I was very excited to read book 2 to the series. I loved getting to know the new characters Catherine and Mark, discovering their journey/stories but also I loved being able to reaquaint myself with characters from book 1, seeing how they are getting on.

One of my fave parts throughout the story were the going ons between the two cats Bob and Ginger, so cute and lovely that
Shell Cunliffe
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect book to take on holiday or just read in the garden, it also leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling.
Kat
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Catherine is thirty-four, works as a teacher, lives with and takes care of her needy mother, and has only had one romance, which she gave up in order to stay with her mother. Mark is recently out of a very long-term relationship and has gone to stay in Penhallow Sands to recover and fight through writer’s block. Neither are looking for romance, but neither can deny the attraction between them.

If you’re looking for romance, you’ll find it in spades. If you’re looking for women’s fiction, you’ll s
Ruth
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for a pre publication copy. In return for an honest review! #thecottageatplumtreebay #netgalley

Catherine Bromley is a thirty......something deputy head teacher at the local primary school. She has had a difficult past being brought up by her unwell single mother. Catherine's content with her life until a beautiful author buddies the waters. Will Catherine allow herself to be loved.

The bright and airy, pink cover, showing the cottage of plum tree bay drew me to this book.

S
Rachel
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*

This is the perfect summer read! Everything about this book is charming - the characters, the setting, the story. There is enough depth to the characters of Mark and Catherine to make them interesting, but not make them so serious that the story becomes too heavy. The twist related to Mark's profession is predictable, but doesn't detract from the story because it is not made into a big deal (which so man
Sandra
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley and Canelo for providing me with a copy of this title in exchange for an honest review.

Charming, romantic, and lighthearted! There were plenty of things I enjoyed about “The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay” by Darcie Boleyn and it makes for the perfect summer read. In fact, I read the majority of this story poolside and felt I was being whisked away to the Cornish coast where the events take place. Having entered the ‘30s club’ recently, I find myself gravitating more and more to
Grace J Reviewerlady
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful summer read .. the very thing to put you in the mood for sun, sea and sand!

Catherine Bromley lives in her home town of Penhallow Sands where her mother needs her emotional support. Living under the same roof isn't conducive to love and romance, but Catherine is very much a dutiful daughter. When the handsome Mark Cavendish rents a nearby cottage for the summer though, there is no denying the frisson between them. With all the baggage both of them are carrying, will their attract
Janette
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely heartwarming read, I enjoyed this book. I had read the first book in the series, but do not think this essential as this could be read as a standalone novel.

I have read most of Darcey Boleyn's previous titles and have enjoyed them all. The author has a warm writing style with excellent characters and lovely plot development. I enjoyed the setting of this book and how the characters developed throughout the book. I particularly loved the two cats Bob and Ginger.

A perfect summer holiday
Carol Beasley
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a perfect cute summer read. It can definitely be read as a standalone novel though obviously you might gain a few more insights if you read the previous one. A pair of destined lovers in a small cornish town - what isn't to love about that really? I do have a soft spot for books set in or around Cornwall as it's one of my fave places to holiday. The plot isn't really anything too new in this genre but it's still enjoyable.

I was sent this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest revi
Kathleen Gray
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A small town in Cornwall and a pair destined for one another- what's not to love! Catherine has shut herself off from romance (with good reason) but she's always open to a fun time. Mark is trying to finish a novel but he's carrying some sorrow. It's a small town (with great characters, btw) so they can't not meet. And they can't not get close to one another.....Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This is a nice story well told. It's sort of meant to be summer reading but it would be perfect to che ...more
Marianne
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this summery book because in addition to the gorgeous setting, you get to follow Catherine’s story and see her develop. There is a cast of likeable and in some cases, amusing characters. Catherine may not have many friends but those she has are genuinely on her side. Her relationship with her mother is problematical and based on secrecy on her mother’s side, which was a surprising plot point. It is well worth a read.

Thanks to Netgalley for a copy of the book.
Melinda Anders
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Catherine is cautious of love because her parents divorced when she was growing up. Now a new guy has came into the village and Catherine is interested yet not. She lives with her mother who watches over Catherine as if she were a child.
The only thing I disliked about this book was the lack of confidence on the part of Catherine. At her age she should have been less worried about how her mother felt about things.
Emandherbooks
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was very predictable but that’s not always a bad thing. I read this on the aeroplane on the way back from holiday and it helped pass the time very quickly.

There was very strong character development throughout and a beautiful love story. I loved reading about Catherine and Mark, their friends and their journey. There were also side stories which were interesting and did not distract from the main plot.

Enjoyable read and would recommend! My rating: 3.5 stars!

Rachel Kennedy
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining summer read.

Catherine has lived in the village pretty much all her life with no plans to leave, and Mark is just visiting for the summer while he tries to finish his novel. They are drawn together, but will it just be a summer fling?

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.
Kelly
Sep 27, 2019 added it
Heartwarming and charming tale. Likeable characters and a beautiful setting. You couldn’t ask for more. The storyline has some twists and turns, some of which unforeseen. Enjoyable book.

Mrs Elizabeth A Booth
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable Book

I really enjoyed this book. A heart warming love story. I can recommend this book for a holiday read or just relaxing at home.
You will really enjoy.
Meg Dean
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Darcie Boleyn's books are a warm hug! I totally get my #hygge on with this one! A cup of tea, a comfy chair...bliss!!!

Funny, sweet, and such a lovely setting!
hanghuhn
Jul 13, 2019
Jennifer Sutton
Sep 01, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Darcie Boleyn has a huge heart and is a real softy. She never fails to cry at books and movies, whether the ending is happy or not. Darcie is in possession of an overactive imagination that often keeps her awake at night. Her childhood dream was to become a Jedi but she hasn’t yet found suitable transport to take her to a galaxy far, far away. She also has reservations about how she’d look in a go ...more

Cornish Hearts (3 books)