Start by marking “Zed (Rough Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zed (Rough Ink, #1)

Zed

(Rough Ink #1)

Secrets from his past have scarred his heart. Can he trust her enough to learn to love again?

If it wasn’t for my art, I’d probabl
Kindle Edition
Published June 29th 2019 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Zed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zed

Start your review of Zed (Rough Ink, #1)
Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]
description

★★★ To see my full review visit my blog ★★★

Rating: 2 stars

“I started with the core idea of the five dots, but then I started to think about how everyone on the inside has a story that led them there. Together the piece is about how life is really a series of unexpected events—rolls of the dice, if you like—that converge to a point, like going to jail for whatever crime. I know for me, it was a few brutal rolls of those dice, and my life was never the same again.”

‘Zed’ is a story fundamen
Maria11
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I haven’t read this author before and it is a shame on my part. This book was more than romance it was real. Truly the characters weren’t packaged and to me neither was the plot. All interactions between the characters were true reaction good or bad. That reaction when you are hurt about something that happen, but react to the now situation based on that hurt. Knee jerk reactions...they hurt and you sure can see that. Honest interactions.

The chemistry between Zed and Olivia wa
Laura ~Passion flower

Zed (Rough Ink, #1) (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Hot Tree Promotions for an honest review. I have voluntarily read this book and have provided my honest opinion.

"An emotionally powerful and gripping read"

An absolutely heart-breaking, gut-wrenching, life-altering, emotionally-desperate kind-of-story, a story about love, devotion, sacrifice, and, redemption in the face of such a profound and immense tragedy, one that affects the lives of numerous individuals in more ways than o
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“I started with the core idea of the five dots, but then I i to think about how everyone on the inside has a story that led them there. Together the piece is about how life is really a series of unexpected events—rolls of the dice, if you like—that converge to a point, like going to jail for whatever crime. I know for me, it was a few brutal rolls of those dice, and my life was never the same again.”

A tattooist, corporate lawyer and a rich kid find themselves thrown together once a week to pay o
Stephanie Ditmore
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and I really loved this first book in a new Series Rough Ink. I loved Zed, he’s gruff, says it like it is and there’s no two ways about it and a past he just can’t shake. He’s never felt he deserved anything more than the life he has, but fate has a way of changing things. When he encounters Xavier, who stumbles into his tattoo shop wanting a tattoo, there’s no way that’s going to happen as he’s underage and drunk, the kids given one chance before he’s thrown in jail. ...more
Megan
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOWZA! This was my first read from M.V. Ellis and I am officially hooked #fangirldown! I will definitely be reading more from this author for sure ❤️ Zed & Octavia were a complicated combination of all the sass, stubbornness and some seriously 🔥🔥🔥 chemistry. As the layers of this story unraveled I was consumed with all things Rough Ink and I definitely recommend this read to any and everyone.❤️ ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SEXY ZED STARS!! Wow, Zed is everything us women want in a book boyfriend. He is sexy, confident, mysterious and a good guy to make you feel safe. Zed and Vivi have so much chemistry, they will heat your Kindles up. Their story has all the feels with lots of secrets to unravel and you will enjoy every moment. What are you waiting for, this is the first book in the new series....download now.
Jayme
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Fantastic story!! I love Zed and Vivi....great characters with fantastic chemistry. Well-written storyline and characters are well-developed. Definitely recommend this book and author.
charly & raine
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zed is a standalone and a standout for this extremely creative and witty author. A story about a broody, ripped Tattoo Artist and a stunning, zealous Lawyer it was a perfect opposites attract scenario.

I love the way MV writes from the start to the finish it’s a page-turner for me. This has a great story line told in a dual POV. They really know how to push each other’s buttons but when they are on fire they ignite, talk about hot AF, Zed’s got it all happening.

This was a fantastic read centered
Jennifer Pierson
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lawd this story was something else! All of the characters whether they be front & center, or secondaries, were all fantastic, and I'm already in love with the Rough Ink series! Let's start with Zed, the tortured soul hero. He's a tattoo artist, and carrying so many demons around, he's almost bend over from them, but in typical man fashion, he pretends that he's fine. He gets a privileged teenager in his shop, Xavier, who has some issues because of an absent father who just throws money at the pr ...more
Laurel Nilsen
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zed is book 1 in the Rough Ink series . They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover Zed and Octavia really should remember that as these two throw off enough electricity that could light up New York City. When a ridiculously rich 16 year old decides that he was going to cause havoc it leaves Zed and Octavia in each other’s company more that each would like, this book had me wanting to get a sledge hammer and hit each of them in the head as they are both so set in their ways but once they ha ...more
Leanne
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oooh, I think I'm going to really like these Rough Ink guys and gals.
I've heard of this author before but not actually delved into her work. As a first foray into her imagination, I am really pleased I chose Zed.
There are plenty of situations that arise that get all of your emotions tumbling out during this quick fire opposites attract love story.
I must admit I found it fairly slow going to start with, but once we got into the bones of the story it was an enjoyable read with a cast of character
Lofty
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

Zed isn’t impressed when a minor calls in his tattoo shop drunk and out of it to then make matters worse he vomits all over Zed.
Furious he dials the last number on the lads phone barking instructions to Octavia giving her 30 mins to collect him. Zed doesn’t want money as compensation he demands payment in manual labour and Octavia to supervise him. The sparks fly with the strong personalities , which of his work colleagues win the bet?
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
Sophie Ruthven
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and one I can't wait to read more of.
This book will send you on a rollercoaster of emotions, one minute you'll be laughing hard, the next you'll be wondering if you just read that right.
The two main characters were perfect for each other in ways that they refused to acknowledge so the journey is bumpy but well worth the ride.
Definitely a must read.
Gina Burkart
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author and this story had me glued to this story. This is a hot read that will have you wanting more from this story.
Coco.V
Mar 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/19/2020)! 🎁
Linda Lee
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A new to me author and I’ll definitely be reading more of her books. I fell in love with the characters varied personalities. Zed’s stubbornness was frustrating , I applauded the brash honesty of Kota, was disappointed with Xavier at times and loved Vivi’s thought processes. At times the storyline was a bit slow, but would pick up and kept me engaged.

This story is based around Zed, the manager of a tattoo parlour. He has a lot of baggage and it’s weighing him down. In typical male behaviour he
Angelica Haney
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
3 stars this one is a little hard to rate/ review and I’m gonna need some time to sit and think on it.

While Zed was an entertaining read and I enjoyed the book and many moments within the book. There were also many moments that really bothered me and I was overall disappointed with the book as a whole. These characters felt underdeveloped and the language used throughout the book was very immature and left me feeling weird? Uncomfortable? I’m not sure how to word it. There were so many words lik
Sandra
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
How does Xavier, an underage teenager end up doing a community type service for a tattooist with a lawyer as a babysitter? Well that's what the reader needs to find out!

But there's more to it than that, as it brings together Zed & Octavia, who have an initial attraction turning it into a slow burn & totally hot romance. There's quite a lot going on at times I did get a bit lost in the dialogue as Vivi uses her lawyer ways to interrogate a very unwilling Zed as to his background. Whilst she has
Xenia
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

I really, really loved Zed. It had everything i love in a good book. A tortured hero with a heart of gold, a feisty and smart heroine, a story that immediately sucks you in and suspension.
Zed and Vivi. A tattoo artist and a lawyer. I love love a good opposites-attract story!
Their story always kept me interested and intrigued wanting to continue to read and see what would happen next what detail would be revealed next. It had it’s heartbreaking moments but also hopeful as well as funny ones. It w
Wendy Livingstone
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zed is the manager of a tattoo parlour, who is carrying around a lot of baggage, and instead of facing head on he is burying his head in the sand hoping they will just disappear, which is a tad frustrating at times. This is a good story and the only downside in my opinion, is that the story is a tad long winded in places. I look forward to reading more from this talented author and recommend for all.
Renée Dahlia
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MV Ellis can really tell a story! This book is emotional, full of heat and drama, and psychology, and lust, and it's amazing. It's one of those books you just can't put down because you have to know what happens next.
Lorie
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: june-2019
4.25 Stars

Marnie
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🎲🎲🎲 Zed, the sexy and steamy start to the Rough Ink series 🎲🎲🎲

Wow, there is so much more going on under the surface of Zed’s story, and I loved every minute that I spent with it. Holy hell, this book was not only hot, it was steamy, passionate, witty and humorous as well – the whole package. Once I started, my tablet accompanied me everywhere to that I could get back into the book at every opportunity. MV Ellis is a new to me author, and I am her newest fan. Seriously.

Zed and Octavia (Vivi) were
Shirley Venables
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Stubborn isn't always a bad trait

I'm always happy to read books that have both strong male and female charachters in them. Some stories have male heros and women who don't have a backbone but not MVs charachters. I'd have Zed in my dreams any day of the week but he's busy with his Barbie equal that will give him a run for his money. Toss in some loveable sidekicks and you've got yourself some great hours of reading ahead of you.
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
You guys know how much I love finding new authors and this one was recommended by a very close friend which made it even sweeter! I couldn’t put this book down!!! (Except for the day I had a horrible headache and couldn’t function.) This book just had my attention from so many different angles!!

I loved her name, Octavia, it sounds (in my head) so beautifully! Her character made her sound like a “Corporate Barbie” as Zed describes but boy does she knock him on his butt! The freaking banter betwee
M.V. Ellis
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: sale
Zed is FREE to download for few short hours! Grab it while you can!

→ Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2VPmnx8
→ All Countries: https://books2read.com/ze

⁣
⁣⁣In the eyes of the law, I’d atoned for the secrets of my past, but in my heart, I knew the debt I owed was too big to ever be repaid. I didn’t ask for forgiveness, because I knew I wasn’t worthy of it. Guilt weighed me down and scarred my heart.⁣⁣
⁣
⁣⁣If it wasn’t for my art, I’d probably be dead. The truth was, I had nothing else to live for. Or s
Erin Figueiredo
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Love Story!

This was a fantastic (sometimes sweet) love story. The main characters are well written and their interactions are funny, intense and sometimes very hot and steamy. It is definitely an intense page turner, which will keep you on your seat and guessing. Each chapter brought new and interesting elements into the story. I had so many ideas in my mind of how the story would turn out but with each turn of the page I was proven wrong! This made for a very interesting read.

Love Ze
JP
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I’ve been home all day reading this and am finally finding the words to tell you what I thought about this...
It started out slowwww and at times was to “wordy” for my taste. And really to be totally honest I skimmed a lot. I didn’t care enough about the characters to stay engaged. I can’t really put my finger on what was missing but it lacked something. Immature, over dramatic? To many adjectives? I’m sorry to say that I just didn’t care for it.

This was a BookSirens ARC and all opinions are my
Myndi
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was interesting, and also steamy and romantic. I love books where the two main characters can't seem to see what everyone else does, and this had that in spades. I also love a book that has a tortured hero and we've got that here too. I think I found that this was book one in a series and that makes me very excited, as I would love to read more about Raine and also Xavier!

If you like tatted up bad boys, or any of the things I mentioned above, I think you will enjoy
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• For You
  • Demon's War : Retribution (Demons United MC #2)
  • Broken (Surrender Book 1)
  • Beautiful Chaos
  • Then and Now (The Edge of Retaliation #3)
  • Felix (Salvant Brothers #2)
  • Atlas (ALPHAbet Club, #1)
  • Saving Hanna
  • Demon's Savior (Demons United MC #1)
  • Conversion
  • The Life and Death of Curtis Matthews
  • STONE: Her Ruthless Enforcer: 50 Loving States, North Carolina
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
  • No Good Doctor (Heroes of Heart's Edge, #2)
  • Freak (Fallen Lords MC, #7)
  • Just Love
  • Accidental Dad (The Irresistible Daddies, #1)
  • Remember Me
MV ELLIS knows what it’s like to fall head over heels in love with a badass musician. She moved from London to Sydney after a steamy holiday romance with a sexy bass player in sultry Brazil. Twelve years, two children and a dog later, and she’s still smitten. All this with a guy she sat next to on a bus for 36 hours!

Ellis’ love of romance began when she was 11 years old, after a summer spent secr

Rough Ink (2 books)