Start by marking “One Mind's Eye” as Want to Read:
One Mind's Eye

One Mind's Eye

What if a artificial reality was all you had ever known?

On the planet Antar, Llyn Torfinn awakes to reality as if for the first time, with no memory of the real world. The human settlers found her abandoned, hooked into a AR machine, and wasting away. Physically and mentally, she must learn how to live in a system at war with alien threats at every turn.
Published June 18th 2019 by Enclave Publishing (first published April 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about One Mind's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Mind's Eye

Start your review of One Mind's Eye
Kim  Gregory
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed everything I've read by Kathy Tyers so I had high hopes for this story, and she didn't let me down. I did get lost a couple of times with all of the different odd names in the story and who's who, but as I got deeper into the story it all came together.

Our main character, LLyn, was wonderfully crafted. I felt for her and wanted so much for her to figure out her place in this world - but I wasn't too happy with the major decision she made when she did get her independence! She later
Andrea
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One Mind’s Eye review

I asked Adam Graham to buy me One Mind’s Eye by Kathy Tyers for my last birthday for a couple reasons. One was, at the time, it was priced higher than I was comfortable spending on an ebook for an ordinary occasion. The second was the title reminded me of an old title of one of my books and the plot line included the use of artificial reality, as she calls it. So for once I was curious about her tech gadgets rather than simply suckered by a cute, abused orphan. ...more
C.J. Darlington
It took me a little while to thoroughly enmesh myself in the storyworld of this book, but once I did I found myself eagerly anticipating each reading. It was fascinating reading this book having already read Tyers' Firebird books. Tyers was exploring a lot of the same themes and ideas in this book (a group of elite mind readers, overbearing mother figures, etc.) But while Once Mind's Eye was a great attempt at fully developing these themes, you can tell Kathy grew as a writer in between writing ...more
Randi
I choose not to rate this one just yet, because I read it back in middle school. Ah, for the good 'ole days when Mom worked at B&N and would bring home the catalog copies of books... That's how I got this one, anyway. Well, I remember thoroughly enjoying it as an early teen, which makes me want to read it again before rating.
David
Feb 18, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Competently written account of inter-species conflict with an intelligent, parasitic form. Rather spiritual in some ways. The protagonist is a young woman struggling for self-determination and freedom from an overbearing caregiver.

Recommended for teen+. No harsh language, etc.
Phil
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A complicated world, The scope a bit too large for one book. Ender, Pod People, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Stargate all rolled into one novel. Whew. Not for the faint of heart but worth the time.
don w creger
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creative universe

This was a unique combination of science fiction and faith. It was a good adventure and love story. The alien culture was interesting.
Jennalyn
Aug 17, 2015
Breanna
Feb 05, 2012
Katie
rated it did not like it
Oct 31, 2008
Apr 04, 2011
Neva
Dec 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
She is the first child of Dr. H.C. Moore, an accomplished dentist and jazz musician who had served during WWII as a test pilot, and Barbara Putnam Moore, flutist with several California orchestras.

Kathy attended Montana State University in Bozeman, where she received a degree in microbiology, married, performed widely on her flute, and then became certified as a K-12 classroom teacher.