Start by marking “Alice 19th, Vol. 2 (Alice 19th, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alice 19th, Vol. 2 (Alice 19th, #2)

Alice 19th, Vol. 2

(Alice 19th #2)

In this volume, Lotis Master Frei explains the power of the Lotis words to Alice. That's fine, she thinks - but when he decides he wants to marry her, much to her chagrin - he tries to seal the deal with a kiss, and Alice is ready to fight. Rabbit-girl Nyozeka sees that Kyou has the potential to become a Lotis Master himself, if only he would realize it. Meanwhile, Frei an ...more
Published December 31st 2003 by VIZ, LLC (first published January 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Alice 19th, Vol. 2, please sign up.
Elvedina k nope it is really confusing and the main chracter cant remember her name is a boring main chracter and there is really no plot

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Sep 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, familyconflict
Is it wrong to think Kyo is adorable?
Kricket
Jan 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008, manga, shojo
in which we discover that alice's self-proclaimed fiance is a lotis master named frey and the gang's plan to save mayura is waylaid by oishi, who, after failing to steal kyo for herself, tells everyone at school the terrible thing kyo did once. and she's evil. and the lotis gang has to go into her heart and rescue her from mara. and then they still need to get mayura. and kyo drops a startling confession on alice.

the fantasy aspect of this one almost totally lost me. i don't understand how they
Sharon
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The story continues and gets a little bit darker as it goes. It's not yet Ayashi no Ceres dark, but knowing Watase-sensei it could very well go that way.

First the bad... well and kind of gross. I really hate the 'molestation is funny until it's not' moments complete with a bit of gay panic. Watase-sensei is not the only one who did this and does this but it makes me B| every time. It also sort of makes me wonder what her contemporary manga or like.

That aside, I do like the continuation, though
Ceejay
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This second volume of Yuu Watase's Shojo Manga is as enjoyable as the first. In this volume things become even MORE complicated for Alice. Her sister disappears, held in place by Mara, the darkness that everybody has in their hearts. A new character, Frei,a fellow Lotis Master appears and claims Alice as his fiancee! Also Kyo, Alice's sister's boyfriend, falls victim to slanderous gossip. He is also wondering who his true love really is. Excellent Manga! Excellent Shojo!
Bre
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m liking this series so far. I liked learning more about Kyo. My only complaint is that Frey’s harassment is always brushed off even when Alice or Kyo get violent to get him to stop. Maybe they need to go into his inner heart and find out why he’s such an ass.
Kathy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I'm rereading! In this book we get to know Frey who had a last second appearance in the first book and is another lotis master. We learn there are both light and dark words and more drama ensues!
Erica
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very exciting manga. I love the characters and the plot.
Taylor Morris
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay well now we have some context.
Amanda at Nerdification Reviews
Rating: 3/5

We get much more explanation of what a Lotus Master is in this second volume, along with a whole bunch of typical shoujo silliness.

The addition of a new male character was unexpected, but pretty funny. He seems like he will be a foil to Kyo's character.

This series is reminding me of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles because of its characters and tone, and also QQ Sweeper because of its plot.

check out more from me here:
Koorihime-sama
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Art Touch-Up: 1 out of 5
Translation: 5 out of 5
Design: 5 out of 5

Alice is not alone in her mission to find and bring back her sister. Kyo is now a Lotis Master like her, however, they are not the only ones who fight against the darkness. Frey appears and offers them help with bringing back Mayura, but will all th
Megan Lavey-Heaton
(Originally written for Anime on DVD.com)

A man named Frey, who is originally from Northern Europe, comes and claims Alice as his fiancé - and also her first kiss. (There's also a very funny second kiss that involves Kyo and Frey that just made me die laughing.) This causes Alice to be completely exaggerated as she's not interested in Frey at all. The interactions between them remind me of the Miroku/Sango encounters in the early Inuyasha volumes, especially whenever Miroku acts like a pervert.

Me
Emy
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, shoujo-manga
When Alice saves a rabbit from a speeding car, her life is turned upside down. The rabbit turns out to be a magical girl, and Alice discovers that she has the power to master powerful words known as the Lotis Words. Unfortunately, words can do harm as well as good and, when Alice accidentally banishes her sister, she must fight to get her back.

This volume was really a step up from volume one, I think. We got to learn much more about the Lotis words and their opposites, the Maram words, about bot
Lanie

Just no.

I tried, I really did! There were a few things I enjoyed about volume 1. But also some stuff I SERIOUSLY fucking HATE. So, I gave volume 2 here a chance. I read about 50 to maybe 60 pages
And I just can't with this crap.

The internalized misogyny, the rape culture (it's a fucking real thing, people!), the sheer stupidity of this new male character, the stupid bunny thing basically telling Alice her feelings don't matter....

I'm done with this shit fest of a series.

"Alice 19th" is horr
Alex Harvey
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
So I read the first book. Thought it was okay, if not extremely cliche. The main character was cute and the drawings were nice, so I decided to pick up the second book when I saw it in my city library.

Upon opening this book, I instantly got lost. It wasn't even two weeks after reading the first book, and the first few pages of the second left me scratching my head in confusion. I checked and double-checked that I had the right one, and I did... So I don't understand. Maybe I have a faulty memory
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: young manga readers
Shelves: manga, childrens
Alice tries to avoid stealing her absent sister's boyfriend Kyo, but she just can't avoid true love. Meanwhile, Alice and Kyo are instructed in the Lotus words and do battle with the Darva, the evil opposite of the zen-like Lotus philosophy and the captor of Alice's older sister.

I secretly hoped this would be an Alice-in-Wonderland take-off, but no luck. It was an okay story, but the plot needed to be developed more instead of focusing on repeatedly underlining Alice's doubts to the readers.

This
Quinnus
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annie
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the story, it has many shojo-manga tropes, but it is entertaining. I feel that Alice has grown as a character a little (hopefully she'll continue doing it), and I liked how Kyo seems more like another main character instead of just "the love interest" (he has his deep and funny moments too). The other boy is more like 'meh', but I'll see if he changes in the next volumes. The bunny is cute, but it lacks a certain sidekick spirit (can't help compare her to Kero from Sakura Card Captor).
Jesus Flores
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
So the misterious guy Frei keeps joking about Alice being his girlfriend.
Kyo and Alice keep not telling their feelings, Frei stays with Kyo and some humorous momments happen.

A girl being jealous of Alice causes them to go to the other world and they learn more power words while saving her,

Still goin fun

3 stars
Mrs. Deacon
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really like the way the characters are developed, and the way Yu Watase inserts humor even at super serious moments. Although, I'm not sure how much I buy into the whole "journey to the center of the heart" thing. So far I enjoyed Fushigi Yugi more because it was in a magical and historical setting...but I'm still planning on finishing the series!
Christine
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Okay, I'm going to continue this series because the story line is getting better and since learning Alice's age (15), it's a little easier to take seeing her with an older-looking boy. Although she still looks 12 to me. I think it's the haircut.
Mir
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, graphic, ya
I'm liking this better as the "Inner Heart" gets more developed. Still not sure how I feel about Frey as a character, although certainly there did need to be someone in addition to Alice and Kyo now that the sister is absent.
Greymalkin
Jan 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-comics
First book didn't really catch me but the plot started picking up in this book and I started getting a bit invested in the characters. That trend continued through the other books and I quickly finished the 7 book series. Nothing staggering but enjoyable and well done.
Samantha
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-classroom
This book was better enough that I was willing to continue the series. I like that they use words to fight rather than weapons and I love that she tied it into 9/11 since she felt that war was wrong. I thought that was pretty neat. I never thought about 9/11 affecting other countries in this way.
Nikki Kelly
Aug 29, 2007 rated it liked it
Rather corny in parts, it's still a good read. The end of the series is somewhat disappointing.
~Cyanide Latte~
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
[REVIEW TO COME AT A LATER DATE UPON A FULL SERIES RE-READ.]
Katherine
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS MANGA!!!
Kimberly
Oct 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Alice in Wonderland basis, very girly, totally middle school drama. Great for my school library.
Carl Nelson
Dec 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Advances and deepens the story nicely.
Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess
So goofy! I love Frey not only is he hot, but he is so funny. This is more of a comedy than anything and is not to be taken seriously. I enjoyed this one much more than the first.

• From Far Away, Vol. 07
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 11
  • Wish, Vol. 03 (Wish, #3)
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 7 (Marmalade Boy, #7)
  • Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, Vol. 18 (Hana-Kimi: For You in Full Blossom, #18)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 4
  • Sensual Phrase, Vol. 9
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata

Alice 19th (7 books)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 1 (Alice 19th, #1)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 3 (Alice 19th, #3)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 4 (Alice 19th, #4)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 5 (Alice 19th, #5)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 6 (Alice 19th, #6)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 7 (Alice 19th, #7)