Start by marking “Woman of Influence: 9 Steps to Build Your Brand, Establish Your Legacy, and Thrive” as Want to Read:

Reinvent yourself as a woman of influence--and be the leader you aspire to be

Have you ever felt like your organization's best-kept secret? Are you the go-to person for work that downplays your potential? Do you want to hone your leadership skills while still staying true to who you are? If you answered yes to any of these questions, or if your reputation as a standout
Published December 4th 2019 by McGraw-Hill Education

To ask other readers questions about Woman of Influence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman of Influence

Start your review of Woman of Influence: 9 Steps to Build Your Brand, Establish Your Legacy, and Thrive
Anne Janzer
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Woman of Influence, Jo Miller provides valuable and practical advice for women stepping into leadership roles—whether leader is in the job description or not. I love the way that Miller describes the different leadership styles; it helps readers better understand their inherent strengths. As Miller writes, “developing as a leader is not about changing yourself. It’s about becoming yourself.”

Filled with practical advice and hands-on exercises, reading this book is like working with an expert
Nina Bhatti
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I met Jo Miller over 15 years ago when I enrolled in one of her workshops, "Leadership for Technical Women." It was a game changer for me. It helped to understand what real leadership is (hint: it's not your title) and how to build my authentic leadership style. I was struggling with being my authentic self, wondering how to play to my strengths and create work that made me delighted to do my job. This book provides a guide that has both an opportunity for self reflection -- figure out what will ...more
Allison Sambol
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for new and mid-career professionals. One of my favorite quotes in Jo’s book is “...all of the important decisions about your career will be made when you are not in the room.” She couldn’t be more right about that! And that is why learning how to build your personal brand and establishing your own legacy/narrative is critical to success.
Elyse Marie
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a new professional, just out of graduate school, this book provided wonderful ideas about how I can establish a strong foundation to set myself on a leadership trajectory. By completing some of the exercises provided in the book, I was able to self-reflect and come up with a brand statement that will hopefully set me apart in my organization. Additionally, creating a shadow organization map, from Part 3, was instrumental in helping me understand the structures of my workplace, in a way I hadn ...more
Theresa Connors
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book on developing or refining your leadership style while remaining authentic and true to oneself. This resonated with me more than following a one-size-fits-all recipe for success. She shows you how to capitalize on your strengths and clearly illustrates how there is room for many styles of leadership in a successful organization.
Elizabeth Dougherty
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jo Miller encourages women to build on our strengths, rather than telling us that we need to “fix” ourselves to get ahead (like so many other career books do). Jo’s spot-on, practical approach to finding your unique leadership niche is bolstered with real-world advice from a long list of high-level female executives, who have "been there, done that."

Organizations would be well served to buy this book for every woman on their team (and her boss). Actually, anyone who’s working to advance gender
Roberta Matuson
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boom! Jo Miller’s book, Women of Influence is a must read for any woman (or man) looking to go from ordinary to extraordinary and seeing their career soar. Miller encourages leaders to remain authentic, as authentic leaders have happier followers. I’ve found this to be true as well, and have written in detail about this in my book, The Magnetic Leader. Miller goes one step further and shows readers how to build an authentic brand that will grow along with you as your career shifts and evolves.

Be
Karen Catlin
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Jo Miller reverse-engineered THE playbook for career growth

Calling all women who have developed great reputations as valuable contributors, but who feel stalled in their careers. Perhaps even stuck. Read this book ASAP. It’s chock full of practical guidance for accelerating your career growth.
Kay Miller
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an essential road map to leadership, a guidebook to be the best leaders we can be, it shows how women can encourage and support and acknowledge each other’s achievements. Inspiring stories from successful leaders demonstrate the power of collaboration and cooperation, sharing honest and accessible experiences and advice.
So many powerful quotes! my current favorites are:
• “Build a team to take you to the finish line”
• “Lift others up as you rise”
The downloadable worksheets and
Jul 16, 2019
Mary Schmidt
Jul 16, 2019
Jo Miller
Sep 30, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ofelia Rodríguez

• Lab Girl
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Library Book
  • Home Safe
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
  • Dragonfly
  • The Wicked Redhead (The Wicked City #2)
  • The Kind Worth Killing
  • Fifty Fifty (Detective Harriet Blue, #2)
  • Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles, #3)
  • Mrs. Everything
  • Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth
  • Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)
  • Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
  • In the Shadow of Statues: A White Southerner Confronts History
  • Without Merit
  • Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
Women’s leadership expert
Jo Miller is a globally renowned authority on women’s leadership. She’s dedicated two decades to helping women advance into positions of influence by leveraging their leadership strengths.

Based on her work with hundreds of thousands of women, she developed a pragmatic and powerful roadmap that guides emerging women leaders from where they are in their careers to where