Start by marking “Made to Move Mountains: How God Uses Our Dreams and Disasters to Accomplish the Impossible” as Want to Read:

Life is an incredible journey with ups and downs. We soar, struggle, scale and stumble, and often stand at the edge of cliffs, afraid to step into the unknown, unsure of where we will land. But instead of running away, we are called by God to stand firm, muster up what faith we can, and take a step. Because we were made to move mountains.

In this inspiring book, Kristen
Expected publication: March 3rd 2020 by Baker Books

To ask other readers questions about Made to Move Mountains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made to Move Mountains

Start your review of Made to Move Mountains: How God Uses Our Dreams and Disasters to Accomplish the Impossible
Deb Zabokrtsky
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever had a book when you seen the title, think...hmm..okay, I have one HUGE mountain right in front of me and maybe, just maybe....
This book will give me some insights on how to climb it? Where do I start?
This book is Amazing, I’ve highlighted so many sentences, paragraphs, scriptures, and made so many notes (41 to be exact), that I know this book will show you with God’s help and you stepping out in Faith there is no mountain you can’t climb. A MUST READ, VERY INSPIRATIONAL!!
Mia White
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kristen is once again the humble author-friend we've come to know and trust; the champion for justice and faithful steward of Mercy House ministries. I loved how this latest tome of her tale was more others-focused, as she's simply sharing the fruit of the good work God has done in her and imploring others to similarly step up for the downtrodden, to wring out our lives in service of others and for Christ's glory. Kristen is never pious, always approachable, always encouraging, and always honest ...more
Rachel Lundy
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ten years ago Kristen Welch founded Mercy House, a nonprofit organization that funds maternity homes for pregnant teens in Kenya. She does work that seems amazing and impossible to many. In this book, Kristen shares about some of the challenges, hardships, and fears she has faced over the last ten years. These “mountains” in her life are daunting, but her God is bigger, and He strengthens her and helps her to persevere even through her fears.

Made to Move Mountains is challenging and inspiring.
Heidi
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not my favorite book of Welch's, but still am encouraging and worthwhile read.
Sarah Jackson
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Why did I forget that God meets me in the mountains, on the difficult climbs, at the place when I'm most desperate for Him?"

We all have mountains. Difficulties in our lives that we either choose (business ventures, adoption, missions) or have thrust upon us (illness, job loss, personal tragedy). It's not a question of if you have a mountain but rather what is your mountain.
Kristen knows about trials. As founder of a non-profit that now partners with organizations in multiple countries, she
Christa Held
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kristen's latest book, Made to Move Mountains, hit me right in the heart (not unlike her other books <3). If you've ever hit some hard times (who hasn't), wanted to give up (that too), or wondered when is there an 'easy year', you'll appreciate her tender words and reminder of God's authority and plan for our lives.
She says things like, "God likes bad odds". Girl, how true is this. Every single time I think I'm in the weeds, under the gun, out in the cold, He shows up and moves a mountain.
Dana Sheets
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good that I didn’t want to put it down. The transparency and heart that Kristen writes with is phenomenal! This book helped remind me that we are not created for comfort, but for serving and doing. The way this book reads is like a novel-I was so sad to have it come to an end because I wanted to follow Kristen up more mountains; but have been inspired to step out and move toward some of the mountains in my view! Thank you for your heart Kristen and your willingness to follow God ...more
Mariale & Pieter Dros
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I started to follow Kristen not too long ago but her previuos books and podcast caught my heart. Made to move mountains is really challenging me in so many different ways. It is also inspiring me to live a life of generous justice and say yes to God even when i think i can't make it.
If you are feeling small, powerless and lost i am sure that through Kristen's testimonies God will encourage you to go and Move your mountains
Kimberly
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is both encouraging and convicting, comforting and challenging. As you read, it’s easy to imagine sitting across the table from Kristen and sipping a cup of coffee as she shares her heart about the difficulties and joys of climbing mountains. Ultimately, Kristen points to God and trusting Him to help us conquer the mountains in our lives.
Maureen
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious
“There are countless mountains in my rear view, and they stand as memorials of what God has done in the past and as reminders of what God will do in the future.” p 198

I’ve been a fan of Kristen Welch’s work through Mercy House for years without knowing much about her, other than the great work she started to bring hope to women in Africa and to champion Fair Trade products that provide livelihoods for women around the world. Mercy House Global is one of my favorite online shops and my daughter
Tricia Brown
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kristen Welch once again invites us in to her life, and like her other books, this one is both convicting and comforting. She shares openly about the good times and the struggles, and consistently points everything back to God and how she trusted Him to move the mountains she faced. Her writing style is easy to read , her words are inspiring, and you won't want to stop reading. We all have mountains in our lives, and so this book will speak to many with it's reminder that we are called to serve ...more
Tesha R
Kristen doesn’t share a false hope of a perfect life as we follow the Lord. But she shares beautiful, honest, and raw reminders that God will be with us each step as we face trials and difficulties. We don’t climb our “mountains” alone. I love how Kristen inserts the truth of scripture through the book and each chapter is followed with deep, reflective questions you can ponder on your own or as a group (GREAT book club or bible study group material!).
Melissa Samples
Sherri
Deborah Gerhart
Kim Ellis
Jan 18, 2020

• Don't Overthink It: Make Easier Decisions, Stop Second-Guessing, and Bring More Joy to Your Life
  • Truth Unchanging: Hearing God Daily in the Midst of Motherhood
  • Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me
  • Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape
  • Living On A Prayer (His Tender Mercies #1)
  • Unexpected
  • Keto Air Fryer: 100+ Delicious Low-Carb Recipes to Heal Your Body & Help You Lose Weight
  • The Carnivore Cookbook
  • God is in the Manger: Reflections on Advent and Christmas
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • Dad Is Fat
  • Resolving Everyday Conflict
  • The Wave
  • Competing Spectacles: Treasuring Christ in the Media Age
  • Because of Him: A Christian Romance (New Hope Falls, #2)
  • You Can Trust God
  • Marriage: Whose Dream?
  • Holy Guacamole: A Glorious Discovery of Your Undeniable Worth
Kristen Welch is a mom just like you and me--only funnier. Her blog, “We Are THAT Family” (www.wearethatfamily.com) is read by over 70,000 women a month, who enjoy her often-hilarious, always-honest reflections on motherhood, marriage, and Christian life. In 2010, she went to Kenya as a blogger for Compassion International, and regularly contributes to online magazine Blissfully Domestic and ...more