Start by marking “Claim Your Crown: Walking in Confidence and Worth as a Daughter of the King” as Want to Read:
Claim Your Crown: Walking in Confidence and Worth as a Daughter of the King

Claim Your Crown: Walking in Confidence and Worth as a Daughter of the King

Young women are deeply dissatisfied with society's standards (and double standards). They want more for themselves--but sometimes they don't quite know what that more should be. That's where Miss Black New Jersey 2018 and Teen Vogue "It Girl" turned fashion writer Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien comes in.

Through her insightful comments on media, pop culture, and pervading cultural
Published February 4th 2020 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Claim Your Crown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claim Your Crown

Start your review of Claim Your Crown: Walking in Confidence and Worth as a Daughter of the King
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: revell, review
As a Kings kid, you have the audacity to claim your inheritance and all God has promised to you. When you choose to belong to Christ, you become an heiress (Rom. 8:17) and receive all the promises reserved for Abrahams descendants (Gal. 3:29).

Plainspoken and pragmatic, Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien sets forth an emboldening and encouraging manifesto of sorts with her new book, Claim Your Crown. As she explains in the introduction, Claim Your Crown thwarts the medias misconceptions about beauty and
Hallie Szott
In a world full of harmful standards of beauty and womanhood, Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien offers a means of reorienting toward the truth. God loves each of His daughters unceasingly and desires her to embrace the fullness of her identity in Him. To help her readers do so, Saint-Elien offers great reminders of biblical promises, translating them into applicable takeaways for everyday living. I enjoyed my time with this book, soaking in all it had to speak to me on living out my true identity.

This
Brianna:)
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
As a Christian teenager, this book was written was for girls like me. Tarah-Lynn does an excellent job of being an inspiration for young girls and women. Each section of the book has Bible verses and questions that make you think about your own faith. She writes in a way that is easy to understand and lyrical.
This book is encouraging and uplifting. Full review to come on blog.
Overall Rating: 4.5 stars.
Aminata Coote
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien was the 2018 Miss Black New Jersey. She used the concept of being a beauty queen and compared it to being daughters of God. I appreciated how she used an earthly example that we can relate to even if we've never entered a pageant to usher in a greater message.

As children of God, we're royalty and called to a higher purpose. But before we can be royals in heaven, we have to practice being royals on earth.

Know God--if we are to truly embrace our roles as daughters of the
Theodene
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A chance to join a few book launch teams appeared in my inbox a few weeks ago. A few books were listed and this one in particular caught my eye. It reminded me of the image about standing tall, being sweet on the inside, and wearing your crown, like a pineapple. It has been my honor to read this amazing book!!

Written by Teen Vogue author and creator of Adorned in Armor & Dressed for Battle podcast, Claim Your Crown has been beautifully written. At first it seems to be catered to young adult
Korin
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Directed at teen girls, Claim Your Crown takes aim at the lies they're told every day and destroys each one with truths straight from the Bible (and attitude straight from Tarrah-Lynn herself). Its message is simple, which kind of bored me at first, but I see the wisdom in directing this simple truth to younger teenage girls, and everyone needs a reminder of how much God loves them.

My initial reaction after reading the first chapter or so wasn't all that positive- I dislike it when I start a
Caitlyn Santi
Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great read! I don't read a ton of non-fiction, but something about the description of this one caught my attention. I enjoyed this book even though I'm older than the age range that I think is the book's intended audience. As someone who has read several Christian living books in the past I didn't find a whole lot of information that was new to me, but I really liked the author's voice and writing style, her passion for helping girls and women to see their worth in Christ absolutely leaped off ...more
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Claim Your Crown written by Teen Vogue author and creator of Adorned in Armor & Dressed for Battle podcast shares with readers her own life experiences about what it means to walk in confident as a daughter in Christ.
This book is perfect for the teenager or even older adults to gain wisdom from scripture about understanding your worth in Christ. This book isn't a self help book or book to boost you self-esteem, but rather one that helps the reader secure their identity in Christ.
Claim Your
Mercy Lyman
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We walk through life afraid to speak up for fear of someone telling us we shouldn't but as Tarah-Lynn puts it "What Would You Life Look Like If You Truly Believed You Are Royalty?". I absolutely love that. We as Christians shouldn't be afraid, we should stand tall, head held high and tell others about Jesus. People should be able to tell by looking at us, that there's something different and when they ask why we have such confidence we can look them in the eye and say "God". This is a wonderful ...more
Nay Denise
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Received a copy for review from the publisher.

This was a pretty good read. I felt as if I was sitting Tarah-Lynn at a coffee shop discussing life and God. This was down to earth, but still hit some key points. She kept God at the center and made it relatable. Definitely enjoyed listening to the audiobook along with reading. Would recommend.
Nay Denise
Mar 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Received a copy for review from the publisher.

Denise
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
A very approachable, biblical self-help book. Felt it had much more substance than most self-help books so recommend it whatever your beliefs.
Abigail Gardere
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It is so evident from the first few pages that Tarah-Lynn crafted Claim Your Crown with thoughtfulness and purpose. She had her fellow queens in mind from start to finish. Besides the fact that this book is phenomenally written, Tarah-Lynn does an even better job of equipping readers with kingdom keys. There were so many "ooo", "ahhh" and "periodt!" moments while reading this book (and yes, I talked back to the book). Tarah-Lynn did an exceptional job at keeping me captivated with insightful ...more
Shermine Saint-Elien
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Her diction, her comparisons, her biblical references, her metaphors, her figurative language, everything about this book was just so so well crafted. Tarah-Lynn surely gives the perfect kingdom keys and properly equips you to #ClaimYourCrown. Whether you are young or old, this is a message for you that needs to be heard. Sometimes we can forget who our Creator is and who we are in Him. This book keeps us steadfast in the fact that we are heirs and heiresses to the Kingdom of God. It was so hard ...more
Kaitlyn
Elizabeth
Lady Goodman
Christa Bengtsson

• Collision of Lies
  • Yes Sisters: Surrounding Yourself with Women Who Affirm, Encourage, and Challenge You
  • Managing Worry and Anxiety: Practical Tools to Help You Deal with Life's Challenges
  • More Than We Remember
  • Star of Persia: Esther's Story
  • Saints: Becoming More Than "Christians"
  • Fight Your Fears: Trusting God's Character and Promises When You Are Afraid
  • Thinking Like a Boss: Uncover and Overcome the Lies Holding You Back from Success
  • One Little Lie (The Pelican Harbor #1)
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Cold Case Connection
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Live Without You
  • Long Bright River
  • How to Kiss a Guy in Ten Days (Edenvale Arts Academy #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • To the Only Boy I've Loved Before: A Sweet YA Romance (Edenvale Arts Academy Book 2)
  • Just Say Yes