Start by marking “Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)” as Want to Read:
Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)

Silent Shadows

(Harbored Secrets #3)

Pecca Gallegos moved to the tiny town of Walton, Georgia, to protect her son and escape the dangerous lifestyle that once defined her. When a series of strange circumstances evolve into threats, Pecca finds herself confiding in an unlikely ally--her stubborn patient.

Army veteran Colton Crawford is desperate to recover from the undiagnosed disorder that is ruining his life,
Published March 31st 2020 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Silent Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silent Shadows

Start your review of Silent Shadows (Harbored Secrets #3)
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
We went back to Georgia and sadly this is book three in the Harbored Secrets series.
It can be read as a stand alone. But why would you miss the first two?
It is a book with all the good stuff, romance and suspense.
You will connect with the characters and you will laugh and cry while reading it, then cry again when it comes to an end.
This is a must read 4 star series.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are ou
Cara Putman
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was great because of the characters. There’s action, twists, and all the elements you’d expect in a romantic suspense. But it was the characters that made this book stand out. The heroine and hero are real and flawed. The secondary characters are real and not 2D props. There is such hope too. Loved this book.
Emilie Haney
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhh the perfect ending to an amazing trilogy! You guys are going to LOVE it!
Miranda Reads
description

Their future was defined by their roles.
Pecca Gallegos has finally found her new home - her son is safe from his father and she has a fulfilling career as a rehab nurse.

But her latest patient? He's a piece of work.

Colton Crawford is an army veteran and has a (probable) psychosomatic disorder. All he wants to do is get better and leave but his restless spirit is causing problems for his recovery.
Praying was supposed to bring peace. Hope. Answers. As of yet, the only thing praying
Beth
Silent Shadows delivers a delicious mix of romance and suspense that I've learned to expect from Natalie Walters. I enjoyed returning to Walton, a small town in Georgia that came to life for me while reading this series, and while you can read this as a standalone and enjoy it just fine, I recommend starting from the beginning and getting to know everyone from the get-go. It's just more fun that way.

Colton is a bit of a brooding lead, but he has his reasons. He's been dealt a tough blow, and he
Gloria
The Harbored Secrets series has been a very enjoyable series to read and Silent Shadows was a great finale. We see some recurring characters along with some new ones for the series that takes place in small town Walton, Georgia, near Savannah. Pecca returns for her own series as a nurse at a rehab facility for vets. The story has a unique story line with real likable characters, especially the older vets who are funny and tease each other, along with Colton, another vet who has some life alterin ...more
Melanie
Jun 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Silent Shadows was the best ending to this series. I loved Pecca's story and the mother/son aspect in the book.

Colton was an amazing character and seeing his relationship progress with Pecca was sweet. He was also a great friend to Maceo (Pecca's son).

The suspense aspect was there, although not a favorite of mine. I just didn't connect to it, but the "danger" definitely made the story a quick read. I did guess who the "villain" was, though, which was fun. :)

All in all, Silent Shadows had wonder
Nicole
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Inkwell Inspirations

“It hasn’t been easy, but if I keep my focus on God’s goodness, it reminds me that no matter how difficult the journey, God’s plans will lead me to where I need to be – I just have to trust him.”

In the perfect ending to her Harbored Secrets series, author Natalie Walters weaves a tale of unpredictable suspense and a delightful romance that will keep readers highly invested in the storyline until the very last page. Despite the recent crime wave in the sma
Kav
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whoa -- this romantic suspense was so good I've been stupefied into a state of dumbfounded speechlessness. But, since I can't end my review here, I'll try to rally a few words. :-)

First -- the profound message that is woven into every nook and cranny of this story. "...when we face hardships, whether by our own making or through circumstances beyond our control, that's when we have to turn everything over to God -- because only he has enough grace to turn our messes into blessings."

This is Colt
Sarah Monzon
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
There’s a whole heap more romance than suspense in this romantic suspense novel, and I ain’t mad about that! ❤️
Jes Drew
This is definitely one of my favorite suspense series. While I haven't had the pleasure of reading the first book, I enjoyed the Captain America references of book two that led to the Incredible Hulk references in the conclusion of the series. Pecca is running from her past along with her eight year-old son who forms a bond with her most recent patient, a veteran dealing with an abnormal handicap. But there is someone hunting Pecca- and his family will be killed if he doesn't bring her in to a m ...more
Abigail
This was such a beautiful ending to an amazing series. I have loved every single one of the books in this series and I am super sad to see it end. This is Mrs. Walters debut series and I cannot wait to see what she has up her sleeves for us in the future. I fell in love with this book from page one and I seriously read it all in like 4 hours. I could not put it down.

As always, Mrs. Walters crafts the best characters ever. Not only do we get to see characters from the previous books but we got t
Paula Shreckhise
This book deserves more than 5 stars.
Wow! This book is the whole package. Great characters, a suspenseful plot, family dynamics and some humor to break the tension, not to mention the romance that heats up the pages— in a good way, after all this is a Christian Romantic Suspense novel. I couldn’t be more pleased with this third book of the Harbored Secrets series. Natalie Walters is a superb author. She ramps up the excitement in a totally believable story.
Pecca has a past that she is not proud
Kara
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: got-review-copy
There are SO MANY things to love about this book, where do I start?

LOVED...
how Pecca officially meets Colton, yeah that was literally a doozy!

what Pecca's real name is and how she got her nickname

her son, Maceo, is a DELIGHT throughout the story and SO well written

the veterans of D wing, they were wonderful and charming, made me smile countless times

the people of Walton, they were the PERFECT enhancement to Book 3 and I fully intend to read this series again just to be part of them once more

Colt
Hallie Szott
Return to Walton, Georgia for more suspense and romance in this third Harbored Secrets novel from Natalie Walters.

Nurse Pecca Gallegos hoped to escape the danger of her past, but of course, it cannot be as easy as moving to a new town. Threats push her toward her patient and Army veteran Colton Crawford, which only makes the circumstances more complicated and dangerous as feelings become involved.

It is easy to fall in love with Pecca and Colton in Silent Shadows. I enjoyed them individually and
Staci
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
Good romantic suspense series!

It was great to be back in Walton, Georgia. Pecca is such a lovely character and the way she first meets Colton is spectacular. I adored the veterans in the rehab facility where Pecca works as a nurse.

Both main characters come from Texas. Nice touch by the author to include a Whataburger reference. That is definitely a Texas favorite. The name of the town where Colton is from is Jasper. In the novel, it's said to be a small town north of Dallas. Jasper is actually a
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
Here's Why You Should Totally Read Silent Shadows by Natalie Walters:

* The grumpy, broody hero with heart of gold and a will to protect
* The kind, caring and spirited single mom who's tougher than she thinks
* Really well-crafted plot
* Mysterious figures...
* Strong supporting cast that will make you smile!
* Reminders of God's love woven thru the story naturally

This book is billed as a romantic suspense, so...it's not a secret that it's romancey. And, while what I'm about to mention might be mild
Melissa
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a finale! I have read and loved the earlier books in the Harbored Secrets Trilogy, and this one was a perfect ending. I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery and it kept me guessing. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out who exactly was after Pecca and why. When all was revealed it made for a super interesting conclusion. Another of my favorite aspects of the story was the humor. Natalie weaves that in flawlessly. I loved meeting all the gentlemen at Home For Heroes, the older fellows were a h ...more
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
4.5/5 stars!! 😍
Favorite of the series. Full review to come.
Andrea Cox
The third and final book in the Harbored Secrets trilogy was a pretty good suspense story. The first half seemed much more like a medical romance, as there was a lot less bad-guy movement than usual for the suspense genre, but the dates were fun and surprising, and Maceo was pretty adorable. I really enjoyed Colton’s battle with a movement disorder I was unfamiliar with. I felt I was taught a lot about it within the context of the story in a way that did not feel like being preached at over the ...more
Deanne Patterson
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Shelves: revell-reads
Silent Shadows is the third and final book in the Harbored Secrets series.
While I enjoyed books one and two in the series the author has definitely come into her own in this final book in the series as it's her best to date.
The plot is slow to start, nicely evenly paced but as we get three fourths in the pace picks up quite nicely and you'll want to read every word as to not miss any of the action.
I enjoyed "meeting" the veterans and seeing the compassion shown to them.
With well developed charac
Dana Michael
Mar 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Silent Shadows by Natalie Walters is a spellbinding romantic suspense. I turned the pages in anticipation of what would happen next. The characters are so likable and endearing. The story line is original, with a hero who is a war vet with a diagnosis of PMD. (I had never heard of before.) There is action with twists and a sweet and swoony romance which did my romantic heart good.This is the third book in the series, but could easily be read as a stand alone. I loved this book and I really do ho ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'Even Lazarus had to die before the Lord could do his work.'

Natalie Walters' debut novel, the first in her Harbored Secrets series was wonderful and I was happy to have found a new author to read. Book two was good and further cemented my decision to follow Walters. With the finale to the series, she has done her best work ever! This was the perfect ending! She has crafted wonderful characters, a great plot and the best cast of secondary characters a reader could want. Highly recommended.

*My tha
Abbi
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
While this author got of to a bit of a rocky start for me, I believe she is coming into her own and each book has been better than the last, with this one being my favorite for sure!
Pecca was a kind, and sometimes feisty character and the way she cared for others was beautiful to watch. I also really liked her son, Maceo. Often kids can be hard to get write in books but Walters did it exceptionally and I admired how he fought to overcome his handicap.
Colton was such a wonderfully broken hero and
Darlene
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All Pecca Gallegos wants to do is provide stellular nursing to her patients and raise her son in the quiet town of Walton, Georgia, but someone has other plans. Her world is turned upside down when her past returns to haunt her and she struggles with whether or not to flee…again.

Army Captain Colton Crawford comes to Walton in hopes of recovering from his disorder but when his nurse is threatened, he goes into protective mode.

Can Pecca and Colton discover who’s behind the threat while coming to t
Madison
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Silent Shadows is the third book in the Harbored Secrets series. While the books do have a few character crossovers, each of the three books can be read as complete stories in and of themselves. Silent Shadows is a thrilling tale about mistakes, gangs, wounded military heroes, and, of course, delicious romance.

Pecca would do anything to protect her son. Maceo has already faced so many challenges in his life, so she is determined to protect him from the gang violence of his father’s world. Pecca
Monica
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed every book in the Harbored Secrets series. It is so hard to see the series come to an end. Silent Shadows could stand alone but because some of the characters are in all three novels, it would be much better if you read the whole series. I especially enjoyed seeing those characters make a repeat appearance in this book too.

Silent Shadows has a storyline and suspense that kept me turning the pages quickly until I was done. I didn't figure out the ending either, which made it all t
Maureen Timerman
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This is the third book in this series, and they can each be read alone, but are each equally good.
I loved the compassion shown here to our fellow man, and the theme continues right to the end.
There were a lot of surprises that unfold with this story, and most I never saw coming, the story kept my attention all the way through. There is even a bit of sweet romance, and we meet some awesome veterans here, and enjoyed the competition between the different branches of the service.
With darling childr
Becca-Rae Weidel
Natalie Walters has penned her best work yet! This one was incredibly easy to get into but not so easy to put down. The characters were likable and the setting was easy to visualize. It felt as if I were standing right beside the characters along the whole way. Even though it's the third in a series and previous characters are present, it could also easily be read as a standalone.

No, I can't understand what it's like to have uncontrollable arm movements. I don't know what it's like to walk aroun
Inspirationalfictionreader
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really loved everything about Silent Shadows. It is the perfect mix of romance and suspense with some really lovable main and secondary characters. The humor is spot on and the writing style makes you want to keep reading. I’m really sad that this series is over!

I really liked both main characters. I felt so bad for what Colton was going through physically, and how it made him question himself. I wanted to cry for him on more than one occasion. My favorite thing about him was his drive to hel
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Traitor's Pawn
  • Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • Dead End (Kaely Quinn Profiler Book #3)
  • Don't Keep Silent (Uncommon Justice, #3)
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • Flight Risk
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)
  • Hadley Beckett's Next Dish
  • The Heart of a Hero (Global Search and Rescue, #2)
  • End Game (Capital Intrigue, #1)
  • The Joy of Falling
  • Collision of Lies
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • Two Reasons to Run (Pelican Harbor #2)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Kings Falling (The Book of the Wars Book #2)
  • The Haunting at Bonaventure Circus

My world revolves around GIJOE and our three adult (or almost adult) children who keep my life anything but predictable. Our boots hit the ground wherever the Army sends us but home is when we’re all together no matter the zipcode. My passion is writing stories where adventure meets love and share my belief that life rooted in purpose is a story worth telling.

Harbored Secrets (3 books)
  • Living Lies (Harbored Secrets #1)
  • Deadly Deceit (Harbored Secrets, #2)