Start by marking “I've Got This (Joy Universe, #1)” as Want to Read:
I've Got This (Joy Universe, #1)

I've Got This

(Joy Universe #1)

A Joy Universe Novel

Derek Bryer loves his life. His job as an assistant director at Joy Universe, the second-largest theme park complex on the planet, makes him indirectly responsible for bringing joy (pun intended) to millions of people. So what if none of his relationships are that close? Everyone he meets loves him.

Except Trav Jones. For some reason, the visiting Broadw
ebook, 1st edition, 195 pages
Published September 24th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about I've Got This, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I've Got This

Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a fun, sexy read. The relationship that builds between a theme park executive and a Broadway star starts slowly and a little bit awkwardly but soon becomes something special. The characters are warm and engaging and I loved the ‘behind the scenes at Disney’ moments as Derek manages Joy Universe.

As I share Trav’s aversion to life’s perfect people, I loved his growly first response to Derek. To be honest, Dere
Ami
2.75 stars rounded up

I liked the writing, and the setting was interesting which made me able to finish it. But as a romance, I thought this was lacking. It's too much "talked not shown" and sometimes it was even glossed over by a paragraph (like six weeks has passed, they had dates that happened off pages, etc.).

Most of this story seems focusing on Joy and its "problem" and how the staffs worked hard to keep it going after problems coming to it... like a murder (yes, murder!)
Celine
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked Derek and Trav's story.

Derek was hilarious at times and such a lovely if stunted guy.
I really liked Trav as well, he was focused and secure in himself but growing along the story.

I loved their interaction and how organic their relationship evolves despite or because of all the ups and downs going on around them.

It was a lovely story and I really enjoyed the writing style, especially Derek's point of view.
Kaila
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story. Interesting..sexy..and funny. I enjoyed the storyline and characters. Very good
books are love
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was precious. I love how even when Derek was down he wasn’t out. When things seem bad he just soldiers on and keeps swimming. I didn’t like how he shut down his emotions at times because that is how he grew up. I loved that Trav helped him learn to open up and let him in.

It was fun to see Derek try to get to know Trav especially after Trav blew him off and wasn’t really nice to him but indifferent when first meeting him. Trav had issues in the past that had him jdge Derek by his cover and
❤Sharonica-Logic❤

SteaMMy Swordplay: 2 out of 5⚔
Sharonica-Stars: 5 out of 5✨
GoodReads AVG: 4.10🌟

MMy Thoughts and Review:

One of The Backbones of Broadway stars alongside one of the Cornerstones of Joy Universe (think that HUGE theme park in Orlando) in this charming sometimes comical story about two very different men, who find a bit of themselves in the other. But, i
Shakera
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Derek Bryer seems to have a perfect life, he has a job he loves and is excellent at, and a life he’s quite content with. One morning, on his way to work, he receives a call… there’s been a murder! But at Joy Universe, it needs to be business as usual. Clear out the suite, make sure the housekeeper is okay, make sure the guests aren’t too inconvenienced. Just when Derek thinks everything is going back to as healthy as it can be, he finds out his entire group of performers are ill. He needs as man ...more
Joyfully Jay
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

I can honestly say I’ve never read a book that takes place in a theme park. When I saw the blurb, I was intrigued. I enjoy unique stories, and a theme park seems pretty unique. I did find this book to be a somewhat cute and even funny distraction from the real world. I was in a different place. Giant theme parks are known for shutting out all the sights and sounds of the city and bringing their guests a wonderful experience. Luisa Masters writes this nicely. I was
Valerie
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an original premise to a book and I wanted to read it from the blurb alone. When the book starts, you meet Derek, who is an enthusiastic assistant director for Joy Universe, but he has to deal with a murder without concerning the guests. On top of that, he has to hire new performers when the original performers get sick. This is where we are introduced to Trav, who dislikes Derek immediately. They are both different people; Derek happy with his life and his career, a little too enthusia ...more
Truuss / Loveislovereview
3.5 stars Derek and Trav

Joy Universe has four theme parks, twenty-six resorts and three campgrounds, a shopping and entertainment village and Derek is the assistant director. Everyone likes Derek!
There is a murder. Beside this awful event, there are also sick dancers Derek has to hire dancers.
Trav is a dancer, a performer, but he doesn’t do lead roles, ever. And, he doesn’t like Derek!
When that was cleared Derek and Trav started a fast friendship, shared kisses, meals and a lot of talking time.
Beth
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet and fun contemporary romance. The world created here just sucks you right in and the “breaking the fourth wall” device the author uses is quirky and fun. I was immediately fond of Derek, one of the MCs and was compelled to root for him. As he is mostly the narrator, though we do get some alternating POV with the other MC Trav, we get to know him a bit better.

I liked the descriptions of how Derek ran his parts of the theme park (even if they don’t really reflect how it works as the author s
Belinda Zamora
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great little story.
Trav is a seasoned Broadway pro, and comes off as cold and standoffish.
He meets Derek who is manager for the nearby theme park, Joy Universe.
They get off to as rocky start because Trav has had relationship issues in his past that cause him to just immediately judge Derek.
Derek is a really sweet, optimistic man who's in a world of trouble dealing with not one, but two disastrous criseses, a murder and food poisoning.
Because of the food poisoning, Derek has a lack of
Anabela.M.
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although it begins with a murder,this book is not really a mystery. Also,if you need sex within your romance read,you won't find it in 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 (there's scarcely one scene).

BUT,what you will find aplenty is passion. Because Trav and Derek are passionate about their work and about their beliefs, and most definitely about each other. Ok,maybe they start off rocky,but the charm of the story is precisely the step by step development of their relationship.

They are both constantly surrounded by
Amanda
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

I've Got This is the start of a new series by Louisa Masters. I wanted to love the story because the synopsis makes it sounds really interesting. However, I found myself bored many times throughout when the story got overly wordy. It's not a bad book but it just didn't do anything for me. Sometimes when a story is a little lacking in the plot it can catch me again in the intimate scenes. Derek and Trav would have had some fantastic intimate scene bu
Elle
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although a little long winded at times, this is a sweet romance, intertwined with a murder mystery. The characters are interesting, the theme park location is fun and the mystery adds a bit of an edge.

There is nice bit of humour and an MC who comes to realise that he isn't as well liked by his employees as he thinks. Derek unwittingly borders on patronising towards his 'underlings' when the book starts out. Along comes Trav who not only takes Derek down a peg or two, but also teaches him a litt
Cat
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I figured this would be a quick cute read and I’d 3 star it ... but I loved this book! There is no on page sex, all fade to black or just mentioned, and it totally fit the tone of the story. Derek and Trav are lovely together and they bring out the best in each other. It’s instalove, but in a believable way. And the focus on the theme park (clearly based off Disney) is a great touch. I thought I wouldn’t be too into it, but It’s a unique and super interesting part of the story. I just wanted to ...more
Cathy Brockman
I love this cover. It really set the tone for Derek.
Derek is a work driven man and loves his job, but it leaves no room for romance. That is until he meets the one man that seems to not like him on the worse day of his life. He is faced with murder in one of his villas and almost all of his dancers get hit with salmonella. Trav Jones is a broadway performer in one of the shows and fills in for the sick dancers. but he doesn't seem to like Derek like everyone else so Derek tries to find out why
Rachwithheadinabook
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I had very mixed feelings about this book. I found Derek to be irritating and hard to relate to and his perpetual happiness, he as a theme park manager is portrayed as having a perfect life, which rubbed me wrong. Trav seems so down to earth and realistic in comparison which I liked and kept me reading. The relationship built slowly but turned into something hot and special quite quickly. The story started well, slows down in the middle seeming to concentrate on the minutiae rather than the plot ...more
Susan
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The romance was sweet and sexy a slow burn for sure. Trav had a rough start in this one, because of past issues I just wish he had not been so cranky to Derek.
I loved how Trav and Derek helped each other to grow and to help each other figure out things as life got too hard. It took a while but once Trav got onboard these two were amazing together. This was a great story that pulls you in and wont let you go until you have finished the last word
Violet  Marshall
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in The Joy Universe Series. A wonderful book with good writing. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters fascinating.
The characters were developed and thought out. Derek and Trav are the MC’s of this book. I can recommend this book as a good read. I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book for an honest review.

Mac Paterson
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Very sweet romance set in a theme park resort, Derek and Trav don’t get off to the best of starts but things soon turn around.

I really like all the characters in this book, there is no antagonist which is nice. There’s a lot of things going on in the Joy Universe but none of them really jeopardise the budding romance between Derek and Trav. They are super cute together but all their steamy moments happen off page so if you are looking for a bit of heat you won’t read it here.
Audrey Pott
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can’t judge a book by its cover which is what Trav assumed when he first met Derek. After the misconception is when the fun starts. Interesting characters, entertaining and some hot sexy romantic romance.

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book for my honest opinions of which I’m under no obligation to do so. Definitely recommend this book.
Miranda Beazley
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Welcome to the Joy world. Where the customer experience is key and the people that run the parks are always on the ball.

Derek and Trav, a match you wouldn’t expect, especially from their first meeting. Derek is thrown into the deep end and sinking is not even an option. I loved these two, they were adorable together and this book had some amazing swoon worthy scenes.
Sheridan
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
After reading this book I want to go visit Joy Universe!
It sounds like the best resort and theme park!!!
Even after all the drama JU goes through!
And Derek! That poor man is the golden boy during a shitstorm!
But during the storm, he finds someone who grounds him and they fall in love 😍
Trav is such a sweet soul and when he first meets Derek, things are a little rocky.... but lust at first sight takes over 😍
There is no sexy scenes in this story, it’s all fade to black which makes this author a goo
Laura ~Passion flower
Sep 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mm-romance, arc

I've Got This (ARC) was graciously provided to me by Hot Tree Promotions for an honest review. I will voluntarily read this book and provided my honest opinion. Review to follow.
Pat
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised. The romance between Trav and Derek was sweet, despite the rocky start. I'm not going to reiterate the blurb. This book made me feel good. There was some angst and insecurities but overall a really sweet, romantic read, despite the events occurring in the Theme Park. I liked the writers style and really enjoyed the storyline.
Maria771
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Derek and Trav. It is a sweet romance. There is some drama and suspense. I loved how their relationship developed. It is a light and fun read. Thoroughly enjoyable.

I received this book as an Arc and I am reviewing it voluntarily.
Dawn
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. This is book one in the Joy Universe series and was a great start to a new adventure. The storyline was great and the characters Trav and Derek are exciting. If you love a great adventure with great characters then this story is for you.
Elaine Gray
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve Got This is a new series by Louisa Masters. A sweet romantic story with some humor, angst, and a murder mystery. Derek and Tray don’t see eye to eye when they first met but we have HEA. The book has a great flow and easy to read.
Mary A Walters
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet love story between Derek and Trav. How the navigate getting know each other and communicate with each other. They help each other through their fears and fall in love! What a great story
LOUISA MASTERS started reading romance much earlier than her mother thought she should. While other teenagers were sneaking out of the house, Louisa was sneaking romance novels in and working out how to read them without being discovered. She’s spent most of her life feeling sorry for people who don’t read, convinced that books are the solution to every problem. As an adult, she feeds her addictio ...more