Start by marking “Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)” as Want to Read:
Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)

Alone in the Wild

(Rockton #5)

In #1 New York Times bestseller Kelley Armstrong's latest thriller, the hidden town of Rockton is about to face a challenge none of them saw coming: a baby.

Every season in Rockton seems to bring a new challenge. At least that's what Detective Casey Duncan has felt since she decided to call this place home. Between all the secretive residents, the sometimes-hostile sett

Published February 4th 2020 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Alone in the Wild, please sign up.
B.C. Deeks You will be able to follow this plot if you read it as a stand alone but you'll be missing out on a great series. I'd wait and start at the first book…moreYou will be able to follow this plot if you read it as a stand alone but you'll be missing out on a great series. I'd wait and start at the first book and read them in order to get the best bang for your buck -It's fabulous!!!(less)

Start your review of Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
Kaceey
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And baby makes three....

I’m officially back on board! After giving up on this series after 3 books, I honestly didn’t think I’d return to the secluded, locked down village of Rockton. Well gang, here I am! Once again visiting the land of dangerous criminals and those running for their lives.

Casey and Eric are taking some time away from Rockton. A vacation of sorts. Well, actually just a weekend camping trip. Ah, the serenity of the great outdoors. Or not! Casey stumbles across the body of a you
Diane S ☔
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sixth in this series, another to which I always look forward. Rockton, is a unique community and the setting of the Yukon is one to which I'm drawn. Enjoy seeing what these community members are up to, and what the new storyline will be. There have been some doozies.

In this outing Casey finds a dead woman, sheltering a very alive baby. Who the baby belongs to and who the dead women is, as well as who killer will set Eric, Casey and Storm on the hunt. We will see much more of the settlers, inside
Maureen Carden
There are three stars in the Rockton series, the impossible non-existing town of Rockton, the irascible (such a mild term) Sheriff Eric Dalton and his detective Casey Duncan, and the Yukon forest surrounding Rockton. All are always present in the series, but in Alone in the Wild the Yukon forest takes center stage
Rockton is the very small, extremely off the grid little town somewhere in the Yukon. It is protected from detection by advanced technology and from the impossibility that it actually e
Susanne  Strong
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Stars.

Rockton: It is an off the grid community in the Yukon where people who have deep dark secrets go to hide out in the Mountains. For better or worse, the residents are stuck with each other. Far from civilization and technology it is the perfect place to disappear.

Right about now, with what is going on in our world, Rockton kind of sounds like heaven.

In the Yukon however, things are never as peaceful as you’d like them to be. While out camping with Sheriff Eric Dalton, Casey Duncan hears
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm all for the trend of paranormal romance authors switching to mysteries and thrillers. Rachel Caine's Stillhouse Lake series was amazing and Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series manages to be just as gritty and fun. My greatest wish is that the Ilona Andrews duo jumps on this bandwagon next... Can you imagine?

Anyway, ALONE IN THE WILD is the fifth book in the series and I didn't read the first four. #YOLO. Don't worry, though. They work
Jilly
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
You know what sounds like the best part of living out in the woods, off the grid?
Nothing. Nothing about this sounds remotely attractive. Not the dirt, wild animals, lack of electricity, lack of toilets, lack of internet, lack of cell phones, lack of grocery stores and restaurants and cars and Netflix.... again - nothing sounds fun about living in this environment. And, they are in the Yukon so it is also constantly snowing and they have that whole thing where it's sunny all the time half the ye
Hollis
I'm sad about this “low” rating because I had hoped book four was a fluke and this new book would recapture the magic of the first three installments. This is such a unique premise, with interesting characters, who have plenty of unlikeable and challenging personalities to bounce off of, along with the complicated situation of their living conditions, and it all just makes for fun and exciting and thrilling stories. But these last two..

This series is about an off-the-grid town in the Yukon, call
Pat
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was going to give this 4.5-4.75 stars, then I thought what the hell, just round up to 5. This book was very ‘Rockton’, in other words - addictive, frantic and so gripping. Casey and Dalton are finally having a well earned break, a weekend camping trip, when Casey hears a scream. After discarding all the other options it dawn on her that it sounded like a small human. So she has no choice but to investigate. She finds a young woman dead, in a pool of blood and the sounds are coming from inside ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I adore this series! Full review to come closer to release date.

*EDITED TO ADD REVIEW*
4.5 Stars!
I adore this quirky little town with all it's quirky residents and most of all, the weird relationships and settlements that just simply work.

This might be a quiet little backwoods town but the residents themselves are anything but sleepy and still and the danger literally lurks around every corner. You just never know what you will get, who will show up next or even worse, who will be dead next.

This
Robin Loves Reading
When this book showed up at NetGalley months ago, I read it that same day. I am rather lazy about writing reviews, however, and am penning this just a week before publication. However, not only do I have good recall when it comes to whatever I read, but this book, and this series, well, it has taken a special place in my heart. I love this series and will be heartbroken when it comes to an end.

Rockton is a very unusual town. You go there if you need an escape. You may be a criminal. You may be a
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was fantastic! I have been a big fan of Kelley Armstrong's Rockton series for quite some time so I was pretty eager to get my grubby hands on this newest installment. I went into this book with extremely high expectations and I was not disappointed. This book grabbed my interest in the first few pages and never let go. I had an incredibly hard time setting the book down anytime life got in the way. I enjoyed every moment that I
Juli
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Rockton series is one of my favorites! I eagerly await each new book in this series. Alone in the Wild is the 5th book set in Rockton, a town absent from any maps where people go to get away from their problems. Far, far away. Rockton is in the Canadian wilderness and camouflaged so even airplanes flying over head can't see the town unless the pilots know it's there. No electricity. No internet. No contact with the outside world except for resupply trips. Rockton residents pay a lot of money ...more
Fiona
Somehow we're five books in (where exactly did all those years go?), and the Rockton series continues as strong as the day it first started.

Casey and Eric are finally enjoying some down time, when of course trouble finds them - in the form of a dead woman in the snow, holding a baby. It's a new challenge for the pair, and for Rockton, and the search for the baby's mother quickly proves that the Yukon hasn't run out of problems to throw at them yet.

We get a lot of exposure to the other communitie
Mackey
Rockton - secluded, secretive and always full of surprises. A tiny town in the Yukon where the most desperate people go to hide. Now the Yukon forest has another hidden surprise for Casey Duncan: a baby.

Alone in the Wild is the fifth in the Rockton series by author Kelley Armstrong. Centering around the town of Rockton, a secret fortress hidden in the vast Yukon forest, it is a place for those who need or can afford extreme hiding. Some of its residents are victims, some are those who have commi
♥Rachel♥
4.5 Stars

Rockton is unknown to the general population, set up in the Yukon, off-the-grid, and a place formed for those on the run from danger. An abusive husband, a stalker, unfair conviction? Rockton is your place to hide until the dust settles. Supposedly inhabitants are vetted so that no violent criminals are allowed in, but in the past books we’ve learned that this isn’t true.

Eric, the Sherriff of Rockton and Casey, the town’s Homicide Detective are a close team working together to keep ord
Marialyce
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Looking once again to create all the fun and intrigue of the past four books in this series, I was very happy to receive an advanced copy of this book. Once again, I was not disappointed as I followed the adventures of Casey and Dalton, as they root out evil from a faraway place called Rockton. It was to be another exciting ride into the wilds of the Yukon and one in which many of the strange but somehow alluring characters reappear.

How could one hear a baby's cry in the woods of the inhospitabl
Lisa
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have fought this and struggled... I cannot deny that i.love this damned series! I've been obnoxious about it, and still. Yukon.
Carolyn
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: armstrong-kelley
When I read "City of the Lost" when it was first published in 2016, I was immediately intrigued by the story concept and the characters involved. I did not think it was possible after reading that first book, but each successive book not only gripped me from the first page, but held me captive. There is always a complex puzzle, where pieces come in, do not quite fit, but build the story line at the same time. It isn't until the very end where it all comes together and always in unexpected, and s ...more
Alone in the Wild is book 5 in the Rockton/Casey Duncan series. This is a series. However the mysteries are self-contained to each book.

The books take place in a remote part of the Yukon. The narrator is 32 year old detective Casey (1st person POV).

This book takes place six months after the end of the last book.

Kelley Armstrong is one of my most favorite authors. I love this series so much. So I was beyond excited to get to read Alone in the Wild.

The beginning of this book was so good. Casey and
Brenda
I’m a big fan of this series, but I felt let down by this book. I hope I can explain why.

We learn a lot more about the groups of people who live in the woods. That can be a boost in the development of the story, but knowledge belays fear. Is there still something to fear from these people now?

There was a lot of sex in this book, including an old man from the woods coming to Rockton for that specific purpose and including Storm coming into heat. I understand the reasoning for presenting this. It’
Brittany
Ahh, what to say. I just get so sucked in and then I am mad when I have to function in real life!

It was so awesome to meet new characters outside of the settlement where the majority of this book takes place. It was great to get more info on the Hostiles and to learn about the second settlement.

Lots of interesting characters, and definitely some intense emotional moments.

My main complaint is that we don't know about what happened with 1: the hot tub, and 2: the other group heading towards Rockt
☕️Kimberly
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
In Alone in the Wild a murder-mystery and an infant soon have Casey and Eric searching for answers. This provides readers insight into the different factions and our main characters.

The town of Rockton doesn’t allow anyone under the age of eighteen, so caring for an infant had its issues. Meanwhile, Casey and Eric need to find out what happened. Does this child have a family? Who killed the woman they found murdered?

The case takes them away from Rockton with only clues from the woman’s body. Asi
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
Simply perfect. I love this world. I love this series. I want to live in this author’s mind so the story never ends.

I can’t say enough good things. Then again, I wouldn’t expect less. Kelley Armstrong is simply an amazing storyteller.

This has to be one of my favorite series ever. (Side note- Bitten has to be the best shifter book ever written and I’ve read a lot. The series is awesome too).

Back to this series. Three of my one click series released today. I had to choice between Casey Duncan, E
OutlawPoet
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I straight up love this series.

I do think that, if you're unfamiliar with it, you should start with book one. There's a ton of explanation needed in order to truly understand our characters and our town.

That being said, if you're already a fan, you should love this.

The author does a good job of slightly expanding our world - we understand so much more about the settlements outside the town and very unusual people who live in them.

Also, I love Sebastian. I mean...eventually something crazy is goi
Janet Newport
Thank you NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for this arc.

Another shiver inducing and fast paced read from the Rockton Series. While many of the regular Rockton residents are in this book, it mostly takes place outside of Rockton. Casey and Eric have left town for a camping trip somewhere in the Yukon wild when Casey finds a murdered Wild Woman and a barely live baby. Camping trip cut short, they hustle back to town to figure this mess out.

And the search begins and takes them all through the wild
Lauren
Alone in the Wild
3.5 Stars

While on a camping trip in the woods, Detective Casey Duncan stumbles across the body of a murdered woman half-buried in the snow with a crying baby in her arms. Soon Casey and her partner, Sheriff Eric Dalton, are on the trail of a vicious killer who has no qualms about leaving an innocent and helpless baby to freeze to death in the harsh winter of the Yukon.

In this latest installment in Armstrong's Rockton series, the murder investigation and search for the baby's pa
Zoe
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unique, mysterious, and incredibly atmospheric!

In this latest novel by Armstrong, Alone in the Wild, she transports us back to Rockton, Yukon, a small community of fugitives and victims who suddenly find themselves discombobulated by the sudden presence of a newborn baby discovered outside their village in the arms of a murdered stranger.

The writing is descriptive and tight. The plot is tense, action-packed and full of exploration, community, surprises, suspects, hostility, savagery, deduction,
Kate
It’s never boring in the Yukon and there is plenty for Eric & Casey to do and if not? Well they drum up their own work!

This author has truly created a unique world with different factions battling to be top dog in the Yukon or at least to not look weak. We have the hostiles (wild people), the first settlement, the second settlement, various trappers and traders and Rockton.

We get to see and explore more of the outside world of the Yukon and there are characters added and they are given a lot mor
Maria Zuppardi
3.5

Although I haven't read any of the previous novels in this series, I didn't find myself missing out on too much here - anything that had happened in a previous book was explained in enough context so the reader can just pick up on everything they may have forgotten or missed out on, like me. The writing is really great, I love the style and the way Kelley brought us along on this journey to find who did it, and why. The pacing was well, and kept my interest piqued throughout the story!

I will
Heather
As much as I adore the adventures of Casey and Dalton, I have to admit some overall disappointment with this one. This book is my least favourite and, in my opinion doesn’t compare to the previous work in this series.

I felt like this one was intended to address unanswered questions and to set the reader up for the next instalment. Fingers crossed that the next Rockton book will, once again knock our socks off!

• The Worst Best Man
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • Master of Sorrows (The Silent Gods #1)
  • Deep State
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • The Better Liar
  • Regretting You
  • The Woman in the Mirror
  • City of Windows (Lucas Page, #1)
  • Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes
  • The New Husband
  • A Stranger on the Beach

Rockton (6 books)
  • City of the Lost (Rockton, #1)
  • A Darkness Absolute (Rockton, #2)
  • This Fallen Prey (Rockton, #3)
  • Watcher in the Woods (Rockton, #4)
  • A Stranger in Town (Rockton #6)

News & Interviews