Start by marking “Chosen (Black Water Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chosen (Black Water Academy, #2)

Chosen

(Black Water Academy #2)

After everything that happened, all I wanted was to go to the Academy, and maybe, just for once, get to be normal.

But now my secret is out, with repercussions I could never have dreamed of and I can’t trust anyone.

Even the ones I thought I could.

With whispers of murder still in the air, and lines between friend and foe becoming blurry, the shadows that were once my closest
Kindle Edition
Published August 22nd 2019 by Bright Lights Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chosen

Start your review of Chosen (Black Water Academy, #2)
Danielle's
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a continuous series and book one needs to be read first.

The secrets are out and they keep rolling. Eden is the chosen one. She now has to work out what that means for her and her men.

This sets up the story for an interesting final instalment which offers something more for the Black Water Academy.

Paranormal, romance and an uprising that changed everything.

I don’t want to say much about this book as it gives most of the answers to the brewing questions. It’s available on KU and the la
Tina Jeademann
Dayna
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a stunning sequel to Marked and kept me rapt throughout! For those wondering, I’d class this as an upper YA para-romance as there are some very saucy scenes in it that may be too mature for younger teens.

Sloane has done an amazing job with the character development, the story structure and, once again, I fell in love with everyone and Sloane’s writing style! Also, we got more Cam! Yay! We also get introduced to Ziniyah, who is a mer, and get to know more about his abilities.

I will say
Avidez Literaria
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The Chosen is Gifted with the curse of four. Four to bind. Four to love. Four to sacrifice. Before death is due to walk the land, the strongest of us all will fall.”

Everything she struggled to hide was discovered. Her journey continues and now she needs a new talent: learning to trust.

The secrets of Eden's past were gradually revealed. But there are still many uncertain things in her journey: how she will deal with her powers, how she will live with those who, through prophecy, are attached to
Alyrica
Aug 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better Than Book 1

I enjoyed this a lot more than book 1. I like Creed, Ethan, Z, Kane and Cam though I am eagerly awaiting them to get more page time so they will be more distinctive. The pacing was better also even though the frequent time jumps threw it off a bit and was confusing at times. My only real criticism was the lack of consistency from book 1 to book 2. One example was that Eden had a memory in book 1 of her father putting her in a hiding place that seemed to read like it was set in
Stephanie Messier
Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The Chosen is Gifted with the curse of four. Four to bind. Four to live. Four to sacrifice. Before death is due to walk the land, the strongest of us all will fall.”

Chosen picks up exactly where Marked leaves off, to truly enjoy this series you need to read Marked first. Eden has a whole new list of problems that pop up in this book, she is still struggling to get her powers under control, and now she finds herself bonded to four super hot, alpha males who need to learn to share, which does not
Kasey O'Connor
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I enjoyed the story, but certain parts were predictable. It was all written disjointed. Last book they had her roommate there because of overfill and she should have been rooming with her the year, which means this book too. I don’t feel her internal battles were enough to be the only conflict this book. I don’t want to spoil part of it so I will be vague in saying the competitors weren’t mentioned almost at all and the change unexplained. The one time her friend asks her to hang she ca
Toby Wager
Nov 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gah!!! So good!!!

I love ALL Sloane Murphy's books, but why does she always have to leave us hanging like this!! I know our girl is gonna kick ass! I'm hoping the power sharing that she didn't get to wasn't crucial for the trials. And what the f@$% is up with Lucius?? Why was he being all nasty towards her at the end. Is he a good guy or he us plotting against her?? Why wasn't Ava entered into the trials? And Amberley? What the heck us she doing there???!!!And what is Ethan's part in her life now
Belinda Clemons
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book was exciting to read. Eden's secret is out and others are revealed. we have powers being showed bonds being formed, lots of feelings , and training for the upcoming trials. I really love Ruby she is so adorable. And Edens men Creed Kane Cam and now Z wow so much heat. And now we have the Fae Trial's I cant wait to read about them in the next book. I also want to know more about Ethan and how he will fit in to the group ...more
Ashleigh
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely download this.

This is the follow on to Marked. And the story continues brilliantly. I love the drama and the angst. I love that I don’t feel like I’ve read this book a million times before. The love triangle is killing me. I was hoping that maybe Eden would end up with multiple love interests because each guy brings something different to the equation. Give these books a go. They’re worth it.
Barb
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The Chosen is Gifted with the curse of four. Four to bind. Four to love. Four to sacrifice. Before death is due to walk the land, the strongest of us all will fall,”

This is a captivating story. The characters are developing and original. Eden has the love and support of five men from different species. She has trained for the trials and is as ready as she can be. Hate the cliffhanger ending, though. I need the next book now!
Nereid
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let the games begin

Being accepted comes at a price and maybe acceptance is over rated and the price is too high. Bonded to four supernaturals they are desperate to keep her secret. Will she survivepl the trials, is she the chosen one and what happens when they all find out who she really is? High school was never this complicated.
Natasha Maltman

1 Star = DNF.
2 Star = Finished. Didn’t really enjoy.
3 Star = Finished. Story was neither good nor bad.
3.5 Star = Finished. Story was good. Will maybe pick up next in series if there is one.
4 Star = Finished. Enjoyed story & will definitely pick up next in the series!
5 Star = Bloody Loved it! ♡
Rebecca
Oct 15, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not happy!

I read the first book and quite enjoyed it, so downloaded the second. I got a few chapters in, and it turned into an RH... I hate RH. I checked back to the blurb of the first book, I couldn't see RH written anywhere in that blurb. It should be made clear in the title, never mind in the blurb. I had to quit reading it. MAKE IT CLEAR!
Dustin
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another great book

Another great one by Sloan. This is very good, however I get hunger games vibes, but honestly I don't care this is just a great story and I can't wait for the next.
Georgia
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh the ending!

Loved this book just as much as the first. I love that Eden is slowly sinking deeper into her feelings for her harem. It feels like a natural development of feelings, despite fate playing a part. I'm excited and nervous for the trials!
Nicole Hale
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

How could you end this one like that!!

But these books are amazing and for some reason I thought book 3 was out nooooooo I can’t wait for it!! So good
danielle felblinger
Could not put it down!

I love Sloan murphy. Her books never disappoint me. Can't wait to read the next!! Book kept me interested the entire time.
Payne’s Bookworm Reviews (Samantha Payne)
Fant-abulous Read!

Chosen is book two in Sloane Murphy’s Black Water Academy series. Which continues on from where book one Marked ends.

Even the ones I thought I could.
Viki GS
Sep 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a ride! Love this story.

Wow, what a ride, amazing book 2! I want to read book 3 now! Fabulous storyline, awesome character. Just fabulous, thank you Sloane. Bring on the 3 rd part ASAP please!!
Sherri  Morris
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable great reading

I really enjoyed this book and loved the characters. I can't wait to see what will happen next for Eden with the trials. I hope everything will work out for her and her men.
Barbara49
Aug 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ruby

I can't wait for the next book in this series to come out and I hope that they all come out alive
Monique Straws
Aug 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg!

Since the first book I was hooked, hurry up with the third! It was great story, plot, I’m still guessing and hooked and hanging on. Hate the cliffhangers though.
Naurarwen
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chosen by Sloane Murphy is the second book in the Blackwater Academy series. After reading Marked, I couldn't wait for Chosen to come out to find out what happened to Eden and the boys and it was certainly worth the wait. Picking up from where book 1 left off where Eden was finally released from a cell she is told she could be the chosen one of the prophecy and must train for the trials. But even as the boys try to persuade her that she's the one she wants to fight it every step of the way.

I thi
Sarah Dale
Once I started this I couldn't put it down. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next and Sloanne Murphy didn't disappoint me!

I thought Eden had problems before she certainly has more now! although I am not sure being bonded to 4 hot guys is a real hardship ;-)

I was completely gripping watching Eden try to navigate her new powers and knowledge with the prophecy that is being levelled at her feet. Shes so young and having to deal with so much, I just wanted to wrap her
Sharon
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This is the second book in the Black Water Academy and picks up exactly where the first book left off. It is not a standalone. Eden is struggling to come to grips with her new reality and learning to use her powers. Fortunately, she has four, five if you count Ethan, alpha men to help and protect her along with her bestie, Ruby. As the men try and train her to prepare for the Trials, Eden is finding a new strength welling up inside her giving more credence to the possibility that she ac
Joe Kendall
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this second book in the Blackwater Academy series did not disappoint.
Eden is a brilliant character, so multi dimensional and real. Her emotions are powerful, her feelings intense and her confusion heartfelt.
Her relationships with her bond mates and friends are detailed and emotive.
Her journey has only just started but we have traveled an age together.
I can't wait to see what Hunted will bring.
I love these characters and their story. The depth and detail is excellent. The pace is fast and
Dawn Higgins
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so looking forwards to this book as it seemed ages ago since I'd read the first book ,but I sure got into this second book very quickly as it continues straight on from the first book.

To say I loved the story line in the first book was a understatement, I freaking loved it, but this book seemed a bit rushed in places, it keep skipping days and then Eden was going to meet Ethan but then it was days after and no mention of said meet.But other than that happening a few times with skipping day
KDRBCK
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chosen by Sloane Murphy is the second book in her Black Water Acdemy Serial. Chosen is not a stand alone. For best redaing experience I recommed to read the books in order. The previous book is Marked.
After reading Marked, which I absolutely loved btw, I had high expectations for Chosen. I had to now what happens to Eden and her mates. Eden is the chosen of the profecy, so it seems, and now she prepares for the trials and explores her powers and the bonds.
Chosen is a pnr romance that stays with
Sara
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chosen is the continuation of the Black Water Academy series and kept me on the edge of my seat! It was so hard to put this book down.

I am loving this series! Chosen continues right from where Book 1, Marked, left off and you learn more about Eden and her ever emerging powers.

I loved the development of all the characters in this book and I can certainly see some influences from other mainstream fantasy/paranormal books making their appearances throughout it.

Eden’s training is fascinating and

• Eden's Enforcer (Lost Siren, #2)
  • Ward's Siren (Lost Siren, #1)
  • Emme's Enforcer (Lost Siren, #4)
  • Wrath's Siren (Lost Siren, #3)
  • The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders, #3)
  • Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • Make My Move (Hannaford Prep #5)
  • Vicious Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #3)
  • Reaper Unleashed  (Deadside Reapers #7)
  • The Reapers Book (Afterlife Academy, #3)
  • Year Two: Wolf Cursed (Ravenwood Academy, #2)
  • Rebel Born (Secondborn, #3)
  • Breakers (Academy of Stardom, #3)
  • Taste My Wrath (The Iron Fae #1)
  • Draekon Conquerer (Rebel Force, #2)
  • Wolf Awakened (Willow's Forbidden Pack, #1)
  • Savage Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Forged from the Ashes (Wings of War, #1)
Sloane Murphy is a writer, dreamer, fur mom and crime documentary addict who has developed an unhealthy appreciation for cheesy YA Films, cupcakes and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales, ballet and all things supernatural, drinks far too much coffee, and watches an ungodly amount of Netflix.

She loves to write dark, paranormal/fantasy romance and characters who will shatter your heart. Characte

Black Water Academy (3 books)
  • Marked (Black Water Academy Book 1)
  • Hunted (Black Water Academy #3)