Start by marking “The Nanny Rules” as Want to Read:
The Nanny Rules

The Nanny Rules

Don’t touch the nanny. It’s one rule I’m most certainly going to break.

Published August 12th 2019 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about The Nanny Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nanny Rules

Start your review of The Nanny Rules
Annika
Only 5% in and already I feel like I'm drowning in hard ons, "pebbled nipples" and clenching nether parts. I can't do this.

DNF.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Sweet ending!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really enjoyed this book so much. Brody was trying so hard. Heartbroken but mainly angry, he was trying not to take advantage of the pretty young thing.

Amelia was super sweet and an amazing influence to his little girl.

While this book is very predictable in its story, the author did a great job I feel with her character development. The heat level could’ve been a bit better, however. Plus, once we got past all the misunderstandings, it took a very long time for
My Pink Fairytales
Predictable

The Nanny Rules is a fast smutty read, only for those of you who normally enjoy an easy-romance.
It’s one of the most common tropes out there, so you’ll see where the story goes before reading it. I felt like I could have written it myself, just because there was no element of surprise and every action or dialogue was predictable.

If you refrain for judging the characters and the plot, you will definitely enjoy it. Take it as a guilty pleasure and leave it at that. I don’t think there
Romance Rehab
Aug 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Nope, nope, nope and nope. So much nope here.

Plot overview: Too-perfect-to-be-real Amelia is NFL player Brody’s new nanny. They have sex a lot. That’s about it.

This books starts right out with Brody finding Amelia half naked in his kitchen. He had no idea that his sister hired Amelia to look after his daughter, Lilly. And what new live-in employee doesn’t wander around her employer’s house in her underwear? (The answer is no one. No one does this. It’s just a plot contrivance to set up sexual
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
This story is equal parts steamy and sweet, with a pinch of drama and a dash of complicated angst all wrapped up in a family sized packaged.

Meet Brody: Brody is a pro-footballer that has a lot riding on him. He is back to prove himself on the field and trying desperately to always be there for his little girl, Lily, after losing his wife only last year, under questionable circumstances. The paparazzi haven’t been kind and the guilt, pain and betrayal of it all is taking its toll on him.

Enter
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I’m torn with this book. I love the premise of this book, a single dad raising his daughter and who, over time falls for the nanny, Amelia. For the most part the author gives the reader a enjoyable heartfelt book capturing the love Broady had for his daughter, Lily. We’re also given a sweet story between Amelia and Lily.

The initial chemistry between Amelia and Broady was off evident from their first meeting. Although there was an initial chemistry, which lasted throughout the book, both
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
Who doesn’t love a single-dad finds love again romance?? I know I sure do! And The Nanny Rules is all that and so much more!

I enjoyed the dynamic between Brody and Amelia from their meet-cute through their entire relationship. Though predictable at times, Brody and Amelia managed to forge a relationship—even though Brody vehemently denied wanting one! Amelia’s quiet strength and easy-going nature is definitely what kept them together—especially with their communication issues! Lordy there were
Kayla Brunson
I am so disappointed by this one. I was expecting a cute and steamy single dad romance and that isn’t what this was.

With this being a character driven book, it sucks when both of them aren’t the best. Brody was terrible. He acted like a child and I was so over his tantrums. He lashed out when it came to things that he didn’t want to deal with. And goodness, he didn’t want to deal with anything. Not his terrible outlook on life, not moving on after betrayal, and especially not falling in love.
Lisa Mandina
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a pretty simple story. It was mostly predictable, but that's okay sometimes because a good story doesn't always have to be really unique and different, sometimes it is nice to read what you're comfortable with. It had its steamy moments between Brody and Amelia, and its sweet moments with little Lily as well. It had all the drama of back stories that made their reasons for fighting the relationship make sense. Now, I feel like some of the back stories could have been given more details ...more
Kristy K
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
As a huge football fan I am always hesitant and excited to read a sports romance with football as the backdrop. I thought Price did a good job incorporating it and also keeping accurate (minus the Browns winning a Super Bowl - that's pure fantasy).

I found the main characters, Amelia and Brody, likeable enough, although some of the decisions Amelia made seemed incongruent with her having a masters in psychology. As with most romances where kids are prevelant to the story, I loved Lily. She was
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
Aug 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019-reads, dnf
A huge thank you to Xpresso Book Tours for the ARC. Unfortunately this one wasn't for me.
Valerie
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm a very character driven reader. These characters were never real to me.

It's really hard to get to know the characters when there is too much tell and not enough show. Weeks would go by from one scene to the next with only a sentence to explain some of what happened during that time. I don't always have issues with that but I have to have already made a connection to the characters. That wasn't the case with this book. These characters are just flat words on a page that I just don't care
Treena
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for granting my request for an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own opinion.

Single-father, NFL quarterback falls in love with his daughter's nanny. I usually love sports romances and this story arc is also one I like which is why I requested this from NetGalley.

I would have to say that I enjoyed the first half, even if the plot is kind of predictable. But when we get to the part where Mia's past catches up with her, I don't understand (or like) how she
Maranda
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Feel like I have read this story before but cannot remember the name of author or the work. Well anyway we have a grieving man with a daughter Lily. When Amelia arrives as Lily's nanny; Brody has trouble forming a relationship with Mia even though his daughter tells him to go for it. Characters and story with a Hallmark appeal. A copy of this book was provided by Entangled via NetGally with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."
Becca
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: august
I really enjoyed The Nanny Rules. Brody, an NFL Quarterback for the Browns, finds his sister has hired a nanny for him without discussing it first with him. So when he finds Amelia in his kitchen early one morning after coming back from off the road, he’s a little taken back. Not by the fact his sister would hire someone without discussing it with him but by the fact that she’s drop-dead gorgeous and he doesn’t know how to deal with the feelings he’s having towards her.

The attraction between the
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This book wasn't what I was expecting, not that it was bad but again I thought it was going tobe a little lighter. So we meet Brody who has lost his wife a year ago in an car accident where she was found in a car with one of his team mates proving that she was having an affair with him. He comes home to find Amelia a nanny whom his sister has hired. He is attracted to her but fighting it because he does not want to love and go thru suffering and betrayal again. Amelia is also attracted to Brody ...more
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
After losing his wife Brody is doing what he can to be a good single parent, but with his busy work and game travel schedule sometimes it's hard to be there for his daughter. He knows he needs help, but admitting that fact is something he just won't do. His sister sees him struggling and steps in and hires a nanny for his daughter Lily while he is out of town, and the moment he wanders into his home and his eyes land on Mia he knows there is going to be a problem.

She is beautiful, good with his
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I love sports romance so I grabbed this one up when it popped up on Netgalley. Brody is a newly single father and his sister hires him a nanny to help relieve some pressure on her and give Brody piece of mind. He is not happy about this but soon realizes that he needs the help and his daughter just loves Amelia.

The story is a sweet read with just the typical angst of "I shouldn't mess with my nanny". Loved the little girl. The football that was shown seemed to be spot on although it was mostly
Liz
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Nanny Rules by Melynda Price was a quick read with a bit of a forbidden romance. Brody is a widower who loves his daughter above all else. With a broken heart and no faith in love, he is determined to never love again. Enter Amelia. The nanny hired by his sister to help him during the season, as a top NFL player, he has a very demanding career. But Amelia stirs something in him and no matter how much he wants to deny it, he is falling for her.

Amelia loves working for Brody and his daughter.
Juls
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was kind of a hard read. Amelia is supposed to have gone to school for psychotherapy for children who suffered PTSD yet the whole time it felt like she was taking advantage of this little girl and her father who she ends up with.
Brody was super effed up and honestly this guy gave up more than Amelia did for them to be together.
They both toss each other around the ringer but yeah its one of those HEA ones.
Kimberley C.
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I think this book has the bones to be good, but overall it felt like it was missing information. I know one of the characters said she had emotional whiplash and honestly, that’s how I felt throughout this book. The story went from one misunderstanding to the next, and I never really felt the connection between the characters. That being said, I think the basics of the story were strong, and I think with a good edit, this book could be really good.
3 stars from me.
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Nanny Rules was my first book by Melynda Price. I really loved it. The story was amazing and the writing so good. I loved Brody and Amelia. Can't wait to read more by this author!
Irene
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Minx
The Nanny Rules is a smoking hot sports romance but it also tackles many difficult subjects such as adultery, loss of a parent, drug addiction, and commitment issues. In this story, Brody is a man whose entire world was devastated when he lost his wife and not for the reasons that would seem obvious. Dealing with the fall-out of his wife’s death has been tough for him but only because he hated to see how his daughter was suffering with the loss. For him, he was okay, but that was only because he ...more
Penny
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
2.5+ “Not what I was expecting” Stars

Having read and enjoyed some of Ms. Price’s MMA fighters books, I was more than delighted when I had the chance to snag an ARC copy of The Nanny Rules. I mean, a professional football player/single dad who falls for the live-in nanny? It was like this was meant to be!

Amelia was sweet and caring and could have some funny moments. I just couldn’t understand most of her decisions regarding her past and withholding that information, which led to me wanting to
E-Reader Addict
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I got through this one, but I’m not exactly sure how.

Amelia has taken a job as a nanny for NFL quarterback, Brody. He isn’t happy to discover his sister hired someone to take care of his four year old daughter, Lily.

As Brody and Amelia spend time together, living in the same house and taking care of Lily, they decide to give into their mutual attraction.

But Brody is determined not to let anyone close to his heart again, and Amelia isn’t sure she should put her career aspirations on hold for
Jen
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good, easy, erotic, romantice read; perfect for a day at the beach, but nothing spectacular. The plot was almost nonexistent, other than the two main characters having the hots for one another.

Brody is a cold and distant person, pretty much with everyone (except for Lilly), and seems to be especially standoffish with Amelia. Okay, so he is supposedly trying to refrain from getting close to her, but he doesn't end up trying very hard. Although, granted, she isn't the typical nanny.
Erin  Koiso
Single father, NFL Browns quarterback Brody Evans comes home from an away game to find a stranger in his kitchen. Amelia Renshaw was hired by Brody’s sister as a nanny for Lilly – Brody’s daughter.

Even though Brody is completely taken by the appearance of Amelia, he does not want a nanny, nor does he want one this attractive. After calming down, and placing a call to his sister – he realizes that Amelia has a masters in child psychology with special interest in children with PTSD.

Lilly lost her
Sharon Tyler
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Nanny Rules by Melynda Price is currently scheduled for release on August 12 2019. Since becoming a single father, I have two things that keep me sane—my daughter Lily and playing football for the NFL. But when my meddling sister hires a nanny without my knowledge, I’m not thrilled to come home and find the woman has taken over my house. Our instant attraction is one more complication I don’t need in my life. But my daughter loves Amelia, and I will do anything for that tiny munchkin. Even ...more
Jasmine
The two most important things Brody Evans, quarterback for the Browns, values in his life are his daughter and his privacy, especially since his wife’s death (and her secret) was put on blast in the media. One day, he is surprised to find Amelia Renshaw, a beautiful and caring psychologist whom his sister has hired to be his daughter’s nanny, in his home. Brody isn’t sure if he’s more annoyed by her suddenly invading his life or his undeniable attraction to her.

Considering the angsty romance
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Good Guy (Rookie Rebels, #1)
  • Bet Me to Stay
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • Accidental Lies
  • The Best Friend Problem
  • The Kissing Contract
  • Handle with Care (Veteran Movers #3)
  • Betraying the Billionaire (The Abbott Sisters, #1)
  • Win Big (Wynn Hockey, #3)
  • The Aussie Next Door
  • Fast (Burns Brothers, #2)
  • I Wanna Sext You Up (Let's Talk About Sext, #2)
  • I've Got You, Babe (Must Love Babies #2)
  • One Summer Weekend (Cedar Street, #1)
  • Pushing His Luck
  • Tangled Up In Christmas (Texas Heat #2)
  • How to Lose a Fiancé
  • Ice Hard (New York Nighthawks, #2)
Melynda Price is a bestselling and award-winning author of contemporary romance.Her Against the Cage series has finaled in many awards such asthe RONE, USA Today BBA, Golden Quill, National Readers’ Choice, and New England Readers’ Choice, and won the 2017 Write Touch award.

What Price enjoys most about writing is the chance to make her readers fall in love, over and over again. She cites the