Start by marking “One Masked Night” as Want to Read:

One Masked Night

For the first time in a standalone volume—and originally titled Holiday Heat—enjoy this unforgettable romance from USA TODAY bestselling author Beverly Jenkins!

For Eve Clark, colder weather usually means long cold nights spent alone, until she’s persuaded to attend a masked ball. Abandoning her inhibitions, she shares a blissful tryst with a mysterious partner. Though she
ebook
Published August 12th 2019 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about One Masked Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Masked Night

Start your review of One Masked Night
Vondetta Carter
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve was a trained and skilled ATF agent who was home in Detroit for a vacation. Her cousin/sister enticed her to go to a masquerade party and she really didn't want to go. However upon viewing her costume she knew she had to go if only for a little while.
Leyton was charged to be on duty as security for this extravagant party being held in his city. However, when "Storm" walked in his eyes were drawn to the extraordinary beauty dressed in black with silver hair.
Leyton as a Centurion watched
Caitlin
In the contemporary novella One Masked Night, Beverly Jenkins deftly manages a sexy masked ball (emphasis on sexy: that's kind of the whole point) and a hot, fast romance between a goddess (Chicago-based ATF agent Eve, born in Detroit) and a Roman centurion (Detroit detective Leyton). In between the action—and there's a lot of it, both the sexy kind and the arson kind—Jenkins fits in commentary about Detroit as a community, something I, as a Chicagoan, really enjoyed. It's good to see Detroit ...more
Celeste
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve and Leyton a risk worth taking

What an unexpected unconventional way in which to meet your equal. That's the story of Eve and Leyton. When a masquerade party turn into so much more. By happenstance Eve and Leyton connect. Even in a short Ms. Beverly Jenkins gives a history lesson by Eve being Oya the African Goddess commercially known as Storm.

The tale shows that equals attract just as much as opposites. With the connection of being in high stress life on the line fire investigators Eve and
Queen
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book

He was her Centurion and she was his Lady
Beverly Jenkins you have done it again with One Masked Night ,oh my goodness how I loved the way he cane on to her by saying Tribute from the empire my Lady so smooth and so sexy this definite was a great book it was exciting to know that they both was in law enforcement i loved those types of stories Leyton was centurion and Eve was My Lady I loved this book!!
Marlene Roseboro
One Masked Night

I've read most of Beverly Jenkins 's books, she's one of my favorite author's. This book had a different twist. Ironic how the two met and then was reunited in a case which put them back together to discover that they were destined to be together. Loved the ending. May God continue to bless you.
Andrena G.
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Beverly Jenkins's novels, and was quite pleased with this novella. The characters were well-drawn and believable, as was their initial night together. This was a quick and enjoyable read! ...more
Sassha Martin
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lady and Centurion

I like how Eve stepped out of her comfort zone and not only met Leyton but got to spend an insatiable night with him not knowing that they would meet again under unexpected circumstances. I like that everything worked out for them in the end.
Suzanne Bourgeois
this was a super cute, feel good romance. kinda short though, but that's just because I love the characters so much, I want to know more. it's kinda hard to write a substantive review without recapping the story. it was just a simple, engaging story. perfect for an evening of relaxing.
Sharon
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beverly Jenkins brought me under her spell once again!

Beverly really brings it with this modern-day novella of love. The characters are engaging and exciting. I seriously could not put this one down.
Lola
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goddess of love

It was intriguing, I was swept away by princess love I loved that the characters was based on being detective. Story was short and sweet can't wait to read more of your novels
KAREN MCCRAW
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Catwoman & the Centurion

They has a special attraction from the beginning and to both be in law enforcement was a plus. . Glad they found each other again.
Teni
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable quick read

I enjoyed this book. I wanted more of the mystery and suspense but as always Jenkins made you appreciate romance.
Leona Jackson
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot

Sensual, mysterious and down right hot. The chemistry jumps off the page between these two. The crafty dialogue adds charm to this.
sparkplug
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Read!!!

I love Beverly Jenkins' work. And this book did not disappoint. She is my favorite author! I cant wait to see what's next!
Khpra Ai-neferu
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenkins never disappoint

Quick and easy read. Great story line. Passion and love. I could feel the relationship develop. Awesome! X's and O's.
Ava Smith-forrest
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Masked

I really hate sometimes that require so many word's when all I have to say is hot fam good read.
Valeria King-Shaw
Sep 14, 2019
Luciana
Dec 17, 2019
Mariah
rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2019
Oct 08, 2019
Carol
Nov 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Finding Home Again (Catalina Cove, #3)
  • Everlasting Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Soul's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • Duty or Desire
  • Heart's Desire (Unparalleled Love Series)
  • A Walk in the Park
  • Unplanned Love (Jenkins & Sons Construction Series Book 4)
  • In Pursuit of You (In The Heart of A Valentine Book 6)
  • All I Want: A Christmas Short
  • A Catalina Cove Christmas (Catalina Cover #3.5)
  • Set (Them Boys #1)
  • Should've Been
  • Deeper Than Love (Brooks Family Book 6)
  • The Bridal Suite (The Innkeepers, #4)
  • Frosted. Whipped. Buttered: An Equilibrium Short
  • Everything I Desire
  • Claimed by a Knight (The Wild Knights Book 2)
  • Closer To You
Beverly Jenkins is the recipient of the 2018 Michigan Author Award by the Michigan Library Association, the 2017 Romance Writers of America Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as the 2016 Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award for historical romance. She has been nominated for the NAACP Image Award in Literature, was featured in both the documentary Love Between the Covers and on CBS ...more