Start by marking “Best Friends Forever” as Want to Read:
Best Friends Forever

Best Friends Forever

Have you ever wanted to kill your best friend?

Anna was the perfect wife. Perfect mother. Perfect woman. And now she's dead. Leaving behind her husband, David, and two young children their lives will never be the same. But Vicky will make sure life goes on...

Published August 15th 2019 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about Best Friends Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Friends Forever

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

He smiled at her and everything around them seemed to hold still for a moment, like a caught breath.

Brian had a squashed face like a fat troll, all folds and furrows. His gut hung over his well-worn belt and his shirt strained at the buttonholes. Vicky had never liked him.

Secrets and lies. That’s what friends are for.

My Review:

I am still vacillating in how I feel and in how to rate this twisty and complex story of retribution, manipulation, lies, and secrets. The characters were
Mark
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I always remember years ago hearing someone say ‘She is my best friend, I hate her’! Made me smile/grimace then and still does but if ever a saying fit a book then its this one!
Meet Anna

Fab House
Complete Narcissist

Meet Vicky
None of the above

Sonehow they have been bezzies for decades, Vicky always grateful, the underling, desperate for attention and Anna generally treating her with contempt, at times bullying yet always with just the rig
Pauline
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Best friends forever by Dawn Goodwin was a story full of secrets and lies.
Vicky and Anna had been friends since school. They had a toxic relationship full of jealousy and and manipulation.
When Anna is killed in a car accident Vicky sees this as a chance to move in with Anna's husband and children and take over their lives.
The main characters in this book were extremely unlikeable and I had no sympathy for any of them.
Thanks to Aria and NetGalley for my e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

Louise Wilson
Anna and Vicky have been best friends since childhood. They e shared secrets they wouldn't want anyone else to know. Chick is not a very nice person and she has no qualms in holding things over Anna's head. When Anna is killed in a car accident, Vicky sees this as an ideal opportunity to take over Anna's life, husband and children.

I can honestly say that I did not like any of the characters in this book and if that was the authors intension, she has done a good job. The characters did not like
Shalini
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One twisted tale which held me in its clutches without giving me a break. Whew!! Anna and Vicky were best friends from school days. Anna married David had two kids lived a happy life, and then died in a car accident. Who killed her? How did the accident occur. Vicky entered her home, took over Anna's duties, both kids and husband. And wrote letters filled with secrets of the past to dead friend Anna.

Dawn Goodwin has done it again, written a shivery tale where the unspoken words told a different
Stina
WOW! What an emotionally charged thriller this is, in the end, somewhat heartbreaking. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is the first book by Dawn Goodwin I have read and it won't be my last. I really enjoyed the emotional roller-coaster I was on with Anna and Vicky throughout that I wasn't sure where or how it was going to end.

Before I go any further, I MUST state that there are a couple of triggers that may effect some.
Rape
Child abuse
Animal cruelty

So where do I start? BEST FRIENDS FOREVER is the story of
Hans
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After the first 2 books by this writer which I really enjoyed very much this was a disappointment. Nothing in the way of explaining happened in the first 3 quarters of this book. That was all just background. Also I couldn't relate to the 2 leading ladies at all.
♛ Garima ♛
Rating:
I am undecided between 3 or 4 so 3.5 maybe.

Trigger:
Rape
Child molestation
Infidelity

Short review:

See, I am just like you after all.
I'll look after them, Anna. I promise. It'll be like you never left.

Vix xx

I like my psychological thrillers simple. Too complex and complicated plots make my head hurt and interest lost. So, this one was perfect, right up my alley...

She loved Anna like a sister, couldn't imagine not being her best friend, but some days that friendship was tested, pushed, p
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Crikey what a story.

A story about best friends Anna and Vicky. When Anna dies Vicky sees a chance of having what she’s always wanted.

Who killed Anna?

I honestly didn’t know what to think with so many secrets and lies.

It’s rare that I come across a book that I dislike the main characters but this is one of them.
Robyn
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Friends Forever by Dawn Goodwin is being labeled as perfect for fans of the ever popular book The Silent Patent by Alex Michaelides, which I absolutely loved. Those are so pretty big shoes to fill, in my opinion, and I was a little worried that Best Friends Forever would not live up to the hype and fall very very…..very short. Well, I must say Dawn Goodwin definitely put the psychological in thriller in a total mindf*ckery of a story. Holy hell. I may actually have a book hangover!

Best Frie
Cyndi Becker
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BFF's is the story of two toxic women in a lifelong toxic friendship. Dawn Goodwin takes us back and forth between Anna and Vicky as they grow from children into women in their early thirties. Neither are necessarily likable, one a lot less than the other, but still watching their train-wreck of a co-dependent relationship was a bit unnerving and entertaining at the same time.

Anna and Vicky are the epitome of polar opposites. They come from the other side of the tracks from each other with Anna
Charlotte Tomlins
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Best Friends Forever has given me a shit tonne of conflicting emotions. I will get into that in just a sec.

Anna and Vicky have been best friends since high school, completely inseparable and codependent on one another. Anna is smart, devious, manipulative and craves power. Vicky is meek, insecure, and easy for Anna to control because she couldn’t bare to lose the only person who’s ever loved her. There couldn’t be anything more toxic.

My heart aches for Vicky. All she wants is love, her self wo
Shell Cunliffe
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what a brilliant book, the author had me hooked from the first page. Best Friends Forever is about the toxic relationship between Anna & Vicky and how there relationship affected other people as well.

This genre isn't my normal go to, and it's the first time I've read this author. I will definitely be reading more.
Nicola Short
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a great twist in a psychological thriller! Did not see that ending coming AT ALL! I thought I had it all figured and and then...BAM!
This story has so much twisted “stuff” going on. There is jealousy, secrets, tragedy, intrigue, toxic relationships and lots of suspense.
Thank you to NetGallery, the publisher and author for the arc of this book in exchange for a honest review.
Bridget
Dawn Goodwin has written a fantastic and emotionally charged thriller complete with oodles of secrets, lies, and drama.

Best Friends Forever is my first read by Dawn Goodwin and it won't be my last. I really enjoyed the emotional roller-coaster I was on with best friends Anna and Vicky, throughout the story. Although the characters were not admirable or all that personable, I still had some empathy for several of them. This novel was beautifully structured by the author as she artfully reeled the
Grace J Reviewerlady
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twists and turns, a little bit creepy - this is a cracking read!

Anna is dead. Her husband, their children and her best friend are devastated. But what really happened? That's what we're here to find out but, trust me, it's not that straightforward. Following the lives of husband David, both children as well as best friend Vicky, we discover a labyrinth of secrets and lies - which to believe?

This is a beautifully structured story, reeling the reader in to understand and sympathise with the main c
Amanda
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of Dawn's work for a little while now. I love a good psychological thriller and Dawn has written a couple of them now. I read the synopsis and it sounded just like my kind of read. I jumped straight in and began to read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading 'Best Friends Forever' but more about that in a bit.
Although I loved the characters of Anna and Vicky, I can honestly say that I didn't warm to either of them at all. Anna comes across as little Mrs. Perfect. She has the perfect lif
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Aria and Dawn Goodwin for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Trigger warnings: child abuse, rape, alcoholism, parental neglect, animal cruelty (one scene, over pretty quickly).

4 stars.

Wow, what a wicked ride this was! For those who are unfamiliar with just how catty girls can be, then this will give you a good idea.

Vicky and Anna are best friends since they first met in school. The story doesn't start off there's though. It works backwards almost and tw
Karen Seibert-Combs
Vicky and Anna were best friends. They shared everything with each other, things that were big secrets that no one but them could know. They were both only children, but other than that, they were complete opposites. Anna lived in an upscale neighborhood and her parents doted on her. Vicky, whose mom had passed away, lived with her Dad and grandma in a poor neighborhood. Anna was definitely the "leader" in the relationship, Vicky was more quiet and reserved and she followed Anna's lead, without ...more
Karen Seibert-Combs
Jennifer Scanlan
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

This book was a really great and chilling read.  It is a dark and brilliant book that moves at a fast pace and had me up all night because I just couldn't close the book down!

The premise itself is interesting as you can read above in the blurb.  Best friends, a leader and a follower - not all that unusual in friendships I would think and therefore a very believable concept.  Obviously, it's not quite that simple or we wouldn't have a book to read!

If you're anything like me, you'll drive your
Lori Boyd
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
😳😳😳🤦🏼♀ (3.5)

Anna and Vicky have been friends since school. Dysfunctional for sure, one is the ring leader, the other a follower. Vicky is dealing with an abusive situation which leaves her with little or no self respect. Anna, to put it nicely, is a manipulative rich bitch, who will hold things over Vicky’s head, and does what she wants with no worry to anyone else’s feelings. She can get Vicky to do anything. Vicky also knows Anna’s secrets, and covets Anna’s life! When Anna dies in a crash, di
Angela  Mellor
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Friends Forever was a book I was hooked on from he first page, I haven’t read anything by dawn Goodwin before but will be looking out for her in the future.
Anna and Vicky are best friends but they are two very different people with very different upbringing. The book moves from present time to back when the pair were at school and this worked in this book well.
First we have Anna, pretty, slim, parents that although are far from perfect they give Anna everything they can, university degree,
Billie
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wanted to kill your best friend?
These two women have been best friends forever, a lifetime of secrets lies between them and now Vicky is ready to step up into Anna’s perfect shoes.
But not everything is as it seems and as David begins to question Vicky’s motives for walking in
Jill Burgin
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Big fan of Dawn Goodwin since reading her two previous books - ‘’The Accident’, and ‘The Pupil’. This new novel is an excellent psychological thriller building tension and uneasiness from the first few pages. Two women , Anna and Vicky, have been best friends since childhood and, like all of us, share some secrets we wouldn’t want others to know. While ours might be more innocent, their secrets are binding them and threatening their future lives. One bold and beautiful and the other introverted ...more
Janice Lombardo
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna and Vicky were best friends; that is, until Anna met an untimely death. Most likely accidental, yet the police have yet to officially say so. We follow Anna and Vicky on a tenuous journey through high school, college and the present. Anna leaves behind her husband, David, and her two children; Harper (7) and Lewis (5).

Vicky helps David out when the house, job and children become too much for him. (After all, he lost both a nanny and a working wife, recently.

Anna and Vicky have had a less th
Heather Donovan
**Spoiler alert**

I really had mixed feelings about this book. It had an interesting premise as you can read from the blurb.

While I liked the premise of the book, story was somewhat stilted, and the ending was disjointed. The three main characters were all equally unlikable in my opinion. Closer to the end the author tried to redeem Vicki, by providing more information about her formative years, but it does not explain her need to become Anna, to take over her life.

I would give another book by t
Diah R
(I received a digital ARC via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

I wanted to like this book but some things are still nagging my mind.

What I like from it:
(1) It was different! It sounds like your usual psychological thriller but it isn't. I promise you.
(2) I love the main characters (Anna and Vicky) and I did wish that Anna was still alive and it could make the book more amazing because David was just meh

However, some dislikes:
(1) BFF should come with a warning of animal cruelty an
Kathleen Gray
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Were Anna and Vicky really best friends? Really? Anna seemed to have everything-including husband David and two kids- but she also had some ugly secrets. The only person who knew those secrets was Vicky, who in the classic way of this genre, had nothing of the happy life Anna had. Anna is killed in a car crash but was it murder? And if it was, who did it? Vicky takes advantage of Anna's death to move into her life, which gets kinda creepy. You might have read the broad outlines of this plot befo ...more
TracieB♠️
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-netgalley
Full on twists and turns with this book and i thoroughly enjoyed it all from start to finish!

Really good storyline, as the title says 'Best Friends Forever' but what really happened that night!? Did Vicky kill Narcissist Anna? Was it David Anna's Husband? was it just an accident?

I loved the writing style here by Dawn Goodwin, you easily become invested in the characters, Even Anna though she was pretty awful to Vicky. but you never know when the next twist comes so always on edge, completely g
“Every character I create begins with a personality trait or eccentricity and, like each of us, I add layers to the character – some good; some bad – until I have a multi-dimensional person who is real enough for the reader to believe they have met them or known someone just like them in real life. Some of these layers may be based on a trait I have recognised in someone I have known, whether it is a mum in the playground or a man I have sat next to on the train, but none of them are real people.” 0 likes