Start by marking “Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)” as Want to Read:
Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)

Get Out of Town

(Riverdale #2)

When Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead take a road trip, they discover that their small-town problems seem to follow them wherever they go.

Archie's on trial for murder, and the evidence is stacked against him. Betty, Veronica, and Jughead all know that Archie is being framed by Hiram Lodge, but how can they prove it?

The gang comes up with a last-ditch plan to prove
Published June 6th 2019 by Scholastic (first published May 28th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Get Out of Town, please sign up.

Start your review of Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)
Charlotte May
"From the original murder among Blossom brothers, to the sticky underside of the maple syrup trade. From the Riverdale Reaper to the Sugarman, all the way down to the Black Hood. To the Geraldine Grundys of the world, and the 'sweetie' monster sightings in Sweetwater river each Summer...And the drownings. All of them sudden. All of them unexplained. Too many to make sense of. From the Serpents Native members being driven from their land, to the Blossom house burning to the ground at Cheryl's ...more
Michelle
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read the first and now the second in this series and have really enjoyed them. Normally I watch a movie or series first, then read the book or books. In this case, it hasn't bothered me. I've enjoyed reading everyone's individual perspectives on the situation. Looking forward to book three.
Stacy Fetters
"You honestly haven’t noticed that our lives basically are a horror movie? Jason Blossom, the Black Hood... we are, like, one zombie apocalypse away from going full-on Evil Dead."

My Sunday’s are full of new adventures on Netflix. I try to find something on there to view because I’m home alone all day. I spotted Riverdale on there and decided to give it a try. Part way through episode one, I was hooked. Now I’m kind of obsessed.

A memory was triggered and I realized that I had a copy of this book
Nusrat Mahmood
Maybe I have only watched season 1 of the show and that's why cannot connect the dots in this book.
Acacia
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
lmao 10/10 had 0 plot holes and archie is a chill and likeable guy
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
So I've made it no secret that "Riverdale" is a guilty pleasure of mine. So far I've watched all three seasons of the TV show and even though each one gets more and more ridiculous, I just keep on watching. And then there's the whole issue that I basically feel like a cougar because Jughead is absolutely my favorite character and the kind of guy I wished my high school boyfriend had been but that's probably a post of a different nature.

So "Get Out of Town" is set during the summer between
Jay
Eek. That was cringe. Not only did it seem like a long boring build up, the climax was... not very climactic. Overall, I felt very meh about the book. There seemed to be a few plot holes and truly I felt the first 230 pages were extremely boring, whiny, and redundant.

If you are totally obsessed with Riverdale and absolutely LOVE the characters the way they are - then this would be an okay read for you. I enjoy the show - mostly the atmosphere and overall aesthetic. The characters are ok,
Ashley
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This took too long to get going. But once it did it was very interesting and atmospheric. I liked that this had some new information. It annoyed me that Betty's POV was almost exclusively in diary entries, even tho no one writes a diary with dialogue and so many specific descriptions. It also irked me that Midge was mentioned off handedly as being an extra in a play? I mean, she's been dead for awhile. But, I mean it's Riverdale, so I get it.

So many people want a Sabrina/Riverdale crossover.
Jill Jemmett
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first book in this series, which was set before the events of the show Riverdale began. I was so excited to read this new book in the series!

This story switches perspectives between all of the main characters in Riverdale. All of their voices are authentic. I could hear the characters’ voices while I was reading. This made the book so good!

The story started out very well. It switched between characters frequently and was exciting. However, it got a little boring when Archie,
em
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I definitely didn’t know this was the second in the series BUT I have seen all 3 seasons of Riverdale, so it wasn’t a huge deal.

For the most part, I enjoyed this book. It was different and fun with a lot of unique insight to the characters. I feel as though there could’ve been more action within the present story rather than having multiple flashbacks. I also didn’t love Betty’s perspective with diary entries lasting 8 pages. But overall, it was a fun read!
Diamonte Williams
I like the book because its kinda like a mystery book. Like someone was accused of murder but he claims he didn't do it. So he got a lawyer which is his mom. So him and all his friends think someone framed him but they know who the person is. So they went back to look for evidence that he have been framed for the murder.
Torie Parker
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great addition

This is a great addition to the story that is riverdale. It gives you more when the show goes on break. The author really makes the effort to stick to the story lines the show has placed and I appreciate that.
Marie
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: films-tv
As a Riverdale fan, I wasn't sure what to expect going into this but I thought that this was a really good spin of Riverdale, and it's plot points. However, I did find myself somewhat distracted/put off with the vase number of character perspectives, and when I found it to be slow in some parts.
Andrew Hepditch
3.5/5.

Surprisingly thrilling and lots of fun.
Tricia Toney
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was chock full of suspense and better than I expected.
Alivia
I think the book was really good! I wanted to read it because it is based off of the show on Netflix.
Tyler Dwyer
It was a decent story and I such a fun time reading, the author stuck to the storyline of season 3 but I think I like the first book better and I can’t wait to read the third book
Andrew
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A horror inspired Archie YA novel that feels very true to the series.
Blue
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring as hell
Joey
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
i don't know why i spent money on this book
katrina  Stirling
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read and can't wait to get the third book :)
Payton Ducat
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was interesting. It showed how friends can impact your life. I also liked it because it was just like the Netflix show.
Rosalie Michaud
Like the tv series: it’s bad but you just can’t stop watching/reading, ughhh
[2,5]
Valerie
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still a fan! Told from multiple perspectives, with texts from some shady characters, Archie and the gang head to Lodge Lodge, the scene of the crime. Archie is accused of murder. Veronica, Betty, and Jughead look for clues to prove Archie's innocence.
Rebecca
I am a huge riverdale fan so seeing this book made it an automatic read. However the story was dry and tried to to hard to fit in with the shows storyline. The format got a little boring and confusing. the only good thing about this book is it gave focus to some characters that are more minor in the show I.e reggie and Josie.
Emma Forrest
Aug 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
As a fan of the tv show Riverdale, i was intrigued by a novel based upon a part of the core-fours’ story that wasn’t featured in the show. However, i feel let down to the fact that this book just wasn’t doing it for me. Once it was over i was left feeling like “oh thats it” so yeah. Not a great review from me.
Hope (HopelessBookAddict)
Jul 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I can't....this is just bad
Randi
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The narration styles feel spot-on, but in some ways, that's also distracting. The amount of telling (which feels necessary to keep the character voices right) took me out of it.
Lillian
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so good ! ...more
Vaanya Rastogi
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just saying one word AMAZING
101 Books To Read: Riverdale 2 - Get Out of Town, de Micol Ostow 1 75 Jul 08, 2019 02:32AM

• Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)
  • Riverdale Vol. 2
  • Riverdale Vol. 1
  • Trinkets
  • Stranger Things: Runaway Max
  • Riverdale Vol. 3
  • Ashes Falling for The Sky 2
  • Riverdale Student Handbook
  • Von Sternen gekrönt (One True Queen, #1)
  • Darkness on the Edge of Town
  • Haaientanden
  • Road to Riverdale Vol. 1
  • Escape from the Isle of the Lost (Descendant, #4)
  • Suspicious Minds (Stranger Things, #1)
  • Five Feet Apart
  • The Kingdom
  • Blossoms: 666
  • Ein Leben aus Glas (Royal, #1)
Micol Ostow has been writing professionally since 2004, and in that time has written and/or ghostwritten over 40 published works for young readers. She started her reign of terror with Egmont with her novel FAMILY, which Elizabeth Burns named a favorite of 2012 on her School Library Journal-syndicated blog, A Chair, a Fireplace, a Tea Cozy. Micol's graphic novel, SO PUNK ROCK (and Other Ways to ...more

Riverdale (3 books)
  • The Day Before (Riverdale #1)
  • The Maple Murders (Riverdale, #3)